Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 (53614 Views)

Mike Adenuga's House In BANANA ISLAND, Lagos (Photo) / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Niyi Adenuga Marries Secretly (Mike Adenuga's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mike Adenuga Foundation (MAF), established by a billionaire, Dr Mike Adenuga Jr., on Monday donated N1.5 billion to Federal Government and Lagos State government to support Nigeria’s fight against the global Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).

Mrs Bella Disu, the Executive Vice Chairman of Globacom & the daughter of the billionaire, presented a cheque for N500million to the Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at his office at the State Secretariat, Alausa, on behalf of the Foundation on Monday.

Similarly, a representative of the Foundation presented the cheque for N1billion to the Governor of Central Bank, Mr Godwin Emefiele, in Abuja.

The Apex Bank is coordinating the fundraising by corporate bodies in the country.

The fund is to support the initiatives aimed at combating the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the foundation, the presentations are being committed for the wellbeing of the entire Nigerian citizens especially at this time when the country is battling the Coronavirus pandemic.

It also commended the government, individuals and organisations for their efforts to contain the spread of the virus.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that individuals and corporate organisations had made various donations toward fighting the spread of COVID-19 in the country.

Adenuga Jr. is the founder of Nigeria’s second national carrier in the telecommunications industry, Globacom.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/news/mike-adenuga-donates-n1-5bn-to-covid-19-funds/

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Citytrend: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
When others are saving money to rig election in 2023. Because you can't tell me this man is wealthier than some who donated 200million and 50 million respectively

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Citytrend:
When others are saying money to rig election in 2023. Because you can't tell me this man is wealthier than some who donated 200million and 50 million respectively
Come on, adenuga is richer than these politicians. Its not a one-time stealing opportunity. The guy makes money while he's sleeping. That's the good thing about being in business sectors dt always sell.

274 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by galaxy2020(m): 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
Money to loot...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by sylve11: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
I know this money won't get to me, but i just want to say thank you Adenuga for this your kind gesture for it would go a long way touching lives.... cool

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by GOFRONT(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nigeria that cannot fight Corruption.......Talkless of fighting Covid 19

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
All these Donors should share these money to the masses by themselves..

Our leaders are G.O.A.Ts (greatest of all time) when it comes to thieving.. As usual they will embezzle 80% of this money..

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by slimanyd: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
All these money they are distributing. Where is the funds going, instead of them to donate it to those states government physically ,they are doing it by proxies.

Audio money dem

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Kenn55: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
While money is good, the most important resource in times like this is infrastructure and technology. At some point, you will have the money but you might not be able to buy as countries put restrictions on their export to ensure that they can meet up their local demand. It is already happening now.

A lot of US,UK, Canada and most European companies have retooled and are now producing ventilators, test kits, vaccines and other equipment for their front line workers. This is what they were not doing before because they were importing them from China. But as demand skyrocket and China cannot even meet up demand coupled with the fact they have their own problem, they had to start manufacturing by force.

The question is how could they have retooled and started manufacturing? The answer is because even though they were not manufacturing before now, they had the technical know how and infrastructure to support manufacturing. So while some countries will be trying to import supplies because they don't have the capacity to manufacture, others will produce from within to meet their demand at least till the crisis is over and this is the key to overcome a pandemic like this. Right now, we are relying on money which is not even enough.

I hope that when all this is over, Nigerians will take development seriously because lack of development is dangerous.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Mateen1000: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
When U are Big, U are Big

I Rest My Case undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Designerdollars: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
How person go donate 1.5 billion nitori oluun .
Me wey dey feel like king on top 10 million wey I manage gather.
This life is unfair oo undecided

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by LibertyRep: 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2020
It is good that he's standing up to be counted amongst those that rose to help humanity at this time

If it is possible, these men from the private sector should have formed a separate group, donate their fund into that private pocket and privately expend it for this purpose.

If politicians can be heartless enough to steal from the unfortunate IDPs, is it the free money from donors that they won't steal?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by psychologist(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
See levels oga Mike gon no go by himself

cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by DropsMic(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020

At least 70% of all the monies donated to federal and state government will be diverted

No matter how bad things get.... The whole funds will never be used.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ipobarethieves: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
sad money wey coviik 1.9 Kyari and His pipu go loot while the dundee president coviik aka baba mannabbq go look other side.They should give the money to the Pipu

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by SEGLIZ: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
aa, in as much as this could look good this billionaires don't mean well for the masses but their selfish interest.
why donate to government when you can reach the people directly? good example is what gtb did in Lagos with the isolation centre rather than give the money to government they invested directly.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Perfecttouchade: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Owo afefe...FG Share dis money for people na..so that the lockdown go make more sense grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by ImModern(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2020
Who are they donating all this money to??

Is it to Nigerian's or the government??
Because since when I've been seeing all this donations, one naira never enter my account and them dey do lockdown

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nice! Meanwhile Atiku gave 50million. Monkey man

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Billions just dey fly left and right.... The common man no dey understand wetin dey sub

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Stevecovey:

Come on, adenuga is richer than these politicians. Its not a one-time stealing opportunity. The guy makes money while he's sleeping. That's the good thing about being in business sectors dt always sell.

Loool
I laugh u
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by BAVOSKI(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
Lagos State Deserve Much Found....... Sanwolu Keep it up
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Badmod: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
He added 0.5 to prove a point.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by dkdmy: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
God bless them! Now I pray it is used judiciously

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by saajus: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
I love seeing our women in top positions not relegating their destinies to the kitchen or just raising kids. Thank you, Globacom

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by shugaboy6102(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
God bless you adenuga. May you never see shame

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Onlyonebuhari: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
God bless you

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2020
good one

check my signature if in need of urgent cash
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Bashnigga(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
How nice of him

Owo Afefe

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Budline1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
I'm glad these rich men are coming through. I hope they have always come out like this to help save poverty and unemployment virus though. Since our government is nothing to write home about.

Someone should remind me how much Dangote has donated pls..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Totilopussylick(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2020
Respect

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious / Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda / Biola Okoya Visits Her Son's Graveyard To Mark His 1st Death Anniversary (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.