Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,379 members, 7,850,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials (27965 Views)

COVID-19: Lagos Enlists 600 Patients For Chloroquine Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by johnmattew: 6:50am On Mar 31, 2020
nwanna89:
Same chloroquine that was banned by same nafdac.

In as much as this development is welcome, has the root cause of its initial ban been addressed?
did they tell us that they are unbanning it for Malaria usage( reason why they banned it)??
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 31, 2020
No need for any more expensive and time wasting clinical testing. We know it works from clinical tests in China and the US. Just produce it and administer already. Governments should also prescribe it as prophylaxis and give us the recommended dosage.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by AFONJACOW(m): 6:55am On Mar 31, 2020
The prophecy has been fulfilled.... One day the rejected stone will be the chief corner Stone of the building...

God bless United States of America

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by AFONJACOW(m): 6:57am On Mar 31, 2020
splendid2:
Thank God o.

But just imagine 1 small sickness that ordinary chloroquine can cure shut down the whole world. Knowledge is power indeed.

That's how it will be the day they will discover a cure to HIV
maybe something that will cure hiv is within the reach ,and they are busy searching for it in Jupiter and Venus
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Urchman200: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2020
When @the real Donald Trump said it,most people said they should bring him for kill,don't allow ur enemy to be a reason for ut survival.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by todugo(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:
By 10am ds morning,, God would reveal himself to mankind.. Today corona will be thing of d past says the Lord,, God of all flesh...

Don't bother to quote me, am just his messenger... But believe!!!

Am glad a lot of people are awake,, corona is a loser,, thou says the LORD of host.. He will not fold his hands and allows what he wonderfully made to be destroyed by men of the world..

Lets all join our heart in prayers..
who be this one again undecided
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Neoteny7: 7:15am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:
By 10am ds morning,, God would reveal himself to mankind.. Today corona will be thing of d past says the Lord,, God of all flesh...

Am glad a lot of people are awake,, corona is a loser,, thou says the LORD of host.. He will not fold his hands and allows what he wonderfully made to be destroyed by men of the world..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by sylve11: 7:16am On Mar 31, 2020
GoshenNLA:
That chloroquine dey itch body die, i so dislike it

I nor dey feel the itch at all. The only drug wey dey fit quench my malaria. cool
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by jericco1(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Always waiting for others to bring in the results
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Mac2016(m): 7:26am On Mar 31, 2020
solagist:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nafdac-orders-emergency-chloroquine-production/%3famp=1
Which clinical trial again? The World already has an answer.. Chloroquine variants can cure Covid-19 or are the humans in the US different from the humans here?
A professional shd help explain to me a lay mind else this is a sheer waste of time.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by kamikaz1: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2020
nobone:
The same chloroquine?

Don't mind them, na follow follow. When Trump first announced it, Nigeria announced it.

FDA disagreed with Trump, Nigeria ordered that it should be stopped.

Now FDA approved yesterday, Nigeria don follow to approved again.

We just can't take decisions as a country.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2020
Way to go' May ^ Baker stock should skyrocket if they have not been delisted
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Engineersirk: 7:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Chloroquine that was sold for 150 before is now 800
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2020
jericco1:
Always waiting for others to bring in the results

Nigerians and zombieism ehnn....... Does it mean we have no thinkers? why do we always follow the bandwagons?
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2020
nwanna89:

In as much as this development is welcome, has the root cause of its initial ban been addressed?
Did you read the report at all

It was discontinued because the parasite which causes malaria had become resistant to it, but in this suit is believed it can work as an antiviral drug.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 31, 2020
Toaskarity:
Follow follow country..
We have been followers since 1960
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Benrosaria(m): 7:52am On Mar 31, 2020
solagist:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nafdac-orders-emergency-chloroquine-production/%3famp=1
In a nutshell Nigeria’s big problem is education and religion

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by jericco1(m): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2020
walexy100:

Nigerians and zombieism ehnn....... Does it mean we have no thinkers? why do we always follow the bandwagons?

The thing is totally unacceptable
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Benrosaria(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:

the world is just a repetition of itself. The bigger “gods” are those who keep technology in its fast growing rate. Corona isn’t a loser but a test product of technological skill. You only need to open your mind to reality
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by 9gerian: 8:05am On Mar 31, 2020
Trump may have let the cat out of the bag very early to stop the big Pharma from making a big deal of Covid-19, which was already becoming a big issue. Of course he was widely ridiculed for daring to do so (especially by the mainstream media), but it turns out his announcement has helped a lot of ignorant people and nations to have hope and get a quick and better handle on treating infected patients.

Big pharma is one big money cartel and the people’s biggest enemies in reality. They prefer managing ailments than curing same.

addictiv:
After they came out to condemn the drug when trump spoke about it. They didn't bother to start clinical trials then...
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Angelfrost(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2020
Orders manufacture of a drug that has been in circulation since like forever??!... Or did I just read this wrong??!

Lemme assume the Op reported wrongly... Nafdac can't just become daft and stupid overnight!!! All in a bid to gain spotlight.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by kingsvictor2: 8:12am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:

but he folded his hands while thousands of people died of the virus. What a loving god
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by MrBONE2(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2020
valarmorghulis:
Overdose loading

I just finished the 2nd pack this week, hopefully I continue with the 3rd pack next week grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Realdeals(m): 8:20am On Mar 31, 2020
Most of those leading Nigeria who poses as professionals are suffering from mental colonialism, they cannot come up with an ideas.

Last week NAFDAC was saying No to the same chloroquine, the US approves it, they now said YES.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by JuanDeDios: 8:31am On Mar 31, 2020
nwanna89:

Chloroquine was never banned. Its use for malaria was DISCONTINUED after it was found no longer effective as plasmodium had developed a resistance to it. The WHO then began to recommend ACT as the standard malaria treatment, and that is still the case. However, malaria is still used to treat several conditions around the world. Even some oyinbos travelling to Africa still take chloroquine injection as PREVENTION since it does not seem to itch them the way it itches many black people.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by luluman: 8:47am On Mar 31, 2020
nobone:
The same chloroquine?
YES
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by luluman: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2020
olaskul:
I believe Nigeria will disappoint the whole world.
How
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by executive12: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2020
nobone:
The same chloroquine?

Yep.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by executive12: 9:26am On Mar 31, 2020
ubecharles:
It's HYDROXYCHQ not CHQ... Before dem go supply something else. Me I get 1 pack of CHQ here from last year because that's my drug of choice for malaria

Both Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine are being considered.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by pacespot(m): 9:53am On Mar 31, 2020
Everything that USA does that is what these ones they do. I wonder if they have their scientists researched this before putting it to use?
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Denique(f): 9:53am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:

Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Mobile Blood Bank Vehicle (Pictures) / See How Man Without Hands Goes About His Daily Activities Without Assistance / COVID-19 Cure: Ooni’s Delegates Meet Ehanire, Health Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.