Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) (4618 Views)

Nigerian Female Musician Eva Alordiah Turns Tomboy, Becoming Anorexic / Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan / Yvonne Nelson Reportedly Anorexic Following Swift Weight Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by peacettw: 7:13am On Dec 30, 2010
French model and actress Isabelle Caro who became an international symbol for her struggle with anorexia has died at the age of 28. Caro was featured naked in a shocking 2007 ad campaign to highlight the ailment, and brought Jessica Simpson to tears when she was interviewed in her television documentary series, 'The Price of Beauty.' Although her death was only announced today, her acting coach said that she actually passed away on Nov. 17 while working in Tokyo. Her billboard campaign, which was shot by photographer Oliviero Toscani and endorsed by the Italian Ministry of Health, ran in Milan to coincide with that city's Fashion Week. According to the Daily Mail, at that time Caro is reported to have weighed just 68lbs even though she was 5ft 4in in height. The controversial billboard was meant to raise awareness within the fashion industry about the eating disorder, but proved controversial with designers. At the time, Giorgio Armani challenged the connection between anorexia and the fashion industry, saying, "even people who take no notice of fashion get anorexic." Designers Dolce and Gabbana said that anorexia is a psychological ailment that has "nothing to do with fashion".

Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by NnamdiN: 7:21am On Dec 30, 2010
wow, if this is what it means to be skinny, then I am very fat boy.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by peacettw: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2010
ANOREXIA IS REAL! So, pls, if u know anyone going thru this, encourage her (or even him) to visit a health institution.
peacettw:

" Designers Dolce and Gabbana said that anorexia is a psychological ailment that has "nothing to do with fashion".
Love your work sir but anorexia has EVERYTHING to do with fashion

Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by Cosmass(f): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2010
omg, that's sad! Could she have died from this anorexia or other causes?
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by san26dy(f): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2010
what a sad story.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by InkedNerd(f): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2010
Wow, I can't believe she's gone. I thought she was getting better [despite her struggle] undecided.

peacettw:

French model and actress Isabelle Caro who became an international symbol for her struggle with anorexia has died at the age of 28. Caro was featured unclothed in a shocking 2007 ad campaign to highlight the ailment, and brought Jessica Simpson to tears when she was interviewed in her television documentary series, 'The Price of Beauty.' Although her death was only announced today, her acting coach said that she actually passed away on Nov. 17 while working in Tokyo. Her billboard campaign, which was shot by photographer Oliviero Toscani and endorsed by the Italian Ministry of Health, ran in Milan to coincide with that city's Fashion Week. According to the Daily Mail, at that time Caro is reported to have weighed just 68lbs even though she was 5ft 4in in height. The controversial billboard was meant to raise awareness within the fashion industry about the eating disorder, but proved controversial with designers. At the time, Giorgio Armani challenged the connection between anorexia and the fashion industry, saying, "even people who take no notice of fashion get anorexic." Designers Dolce and Gabbana said that anorexia is a psychological ailment that has "nothing to do with fashion".

By the way, they're right.

Side Note: I saw an interesting German documentary on Youtube where it was disputed about categorizing anorexia as a psychological disorder. If i can find it, I'll post it.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by Coolabbie: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
The term bag of bones aptly suits her,she sure wz skinny. Rip.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by ifyalways(f): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2010
undecided
IMO,she died a long time ago,her spirit is what just finally left/died and went to rest.
Coolabbie:

The term bag of bones aptly suits her,she sure wz skinny. Rip.
who dash am,babe was an armful of bones.and to think she was just 28,jeez!
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by Cosmass(f): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
ifyalways:

undecided
IMO,she died a long time ago,her spirit is what just finally left/died and went to rest.who dash am,babe was an armful of bones.and to think she was just 28,jeez!

LMAO, I'm trying not to laugh here but that was funny. Lol
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by vanitty: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2010
While in college, had a friend who was bulimic, even with all her efforts/promises e.t.c to stop throwing up, she just couldn't. She had to go through a lot of counselling to overcome the illness
RIP
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2010
Dis shows dat no mata how beautiful,hardworkin n sucesful we r d hurtful truth is dat we av 2 go bak 2 our maker or enemy
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by playmate(f): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
ifyalways:

undecided
IMO,she died a long time ago,her spirit is what just finally left/died and went to rest.who dash am,babe was an armful of bones.and to think she was just 28,jeez!

you are not nice. . lol  grin grin
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by mamagee3(f): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2010
ifyalways:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by favouredjb(f): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
I don't think we av this condition in naija
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by Kunbee: 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
eh yah
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by philip0906(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2011
what da hell shocked shocked
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by chiogo(f): 8:03am On Jan 05, 2011
Na wa, is that really how she looked as shown in the cover up there? That person looks at least 70 yrs old.
RIP to her, so sad.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by peacettw: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2011
favouredjb:

I believe it starts from somewhere. A girl who ties her teeth in order to lose weight or pokes her fingers in her mouth to induce vomiting right after eating so as not to gain weight is heading in dt direction, or so i think
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by san26dy(f): 10:50am On Jan 05, 2011
that's what happens when we glorify skinny. I mean how skinny can you be. Please get me food!
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by InkedNerd(f): 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2011
favouredjb:

Actually, we do undecided.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by jaybee3(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^^
No we don't
We have malnutrition/kwashiorkor (mainly in children) not anorexia.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by InkedNerd(f): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
jay bee:

^^^
No we don't
We have malnutrition/kwashiorkor (mainly in children) not anorexia.

I'm not talking about malnutrition. There are actual reported cases of either a highly restricted diet or anorexia among African women.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by jaybee3(m): 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I'm not talking about malnutrition. There are actual reported cases of either a highly restricted diet or anorexia among African women.

It's highly expected for such anomalies to occur in the wider continent but I'd seriously doubt this cases will be reported in Nigeria.
More often than not, anorexia is a lifestyle rather than a disease and i just fail to see how Nigerians will bring themselves that low so as to being accepted in the wider society.
Remember anorexic patients are prevalent in the modeling industry due to the industry need of the models maintaining a size zero body frame.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by InkedNerd(f): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2011
jay bee:

It's highly expected for such anomalies to occur in the wider continent but I'd seriously doubt this cases will be reported in Nigeria.
More often than not, anorexia is a lifestyle rather than a disease and i just fail to see how Nigerians will bring themselves that low so as to being accepted in the wider society.
Remember anorexic patients are prevalent in the modeling industry due to the industry need of the models maintaining a size zero body frame.

Well, they exist and have been reported in West Africa, Eat African, and South African countries. And not all anorexic patients are doing it for the sole purpose of fashion. There are many people who are in eating disorder clinics and had they not been there, you'd never know they were suffering from anorexia or any other eating disorder and not all anorexics are skinny. Just as not all disabilities are visible, not all eating disorder are visible to the eyes. There are many people who suffer from eating disorders due to sports related issues.
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by jaybee3(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^
Would you be kind enough to point me to the report wink
Why has anorexia gained huge awareness?
I never heard of it until the size zero models started popping up grin grin grin
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by spikedcylinder: 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
WOW!!!!! shocked
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by favouredjb(f): 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2011
And besides inked,have never heard of eating disorder centers in nigeria, maybe south Africa
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by Eveoeve(f): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2011
I guess this happens where there's too much food to waste! Not where pple are lookin for 3 square meals to eat in a day. Very annoying.

http://naturekay..com
Re: Anorexic Model Dies At 28 (pics Included) by MrCork17: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2011
great. is she IBO grin

(1) (Reply)

Two Nigerians Named On Forbes List Of 10 Young African Millionaires / Pic Of Phyno And Olamide Inside A Car / Actress Ngozi Ezeonu And Amanda Ebeye - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.