Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria (7783 Views)

App To Know Your Bvn Name And Dob / Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Great100000: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2020
Before i commence this Post of mine, I’m going to make some predictions.

One,You are interested in having a BVN

Two, you already have a BVN.because you’re gonna be reading for a long period of time to ensure your safety.

So let's begin

Firstly,what is BVN?

The Bank verification Number is a 11 digit number that act as a unit ID of an individual in all banks that runs in nigeria.

The BVN can also be likened to the identification number of students.university students call theirs Matric Number.Lets say your matric number is 19/30gb090 as used in Unilorin.the student would be addressed as Mr gb.the matric number can only belong to one student and he uses it to perform all activities on campus like writing exams,applying for scholarships and for so many others

Bottom line: your BVN is your ID in the banking system.

Features:

Each person for one BVN.

A person must not possess more than one bank verification number.if he does he would be under the watch of EFCC as thus can also apply to students.

A student only has matric number even if he goes to another department to do a course,he would still use the same matric number.

I have another bank account do I need another BVN.

You don't need another BVN.

If you want to open another bank account indicate to then you already have a BVN so as for them not to create another for you.

Them creating another one for you would only pollute the bank information they have because during the process of enrolling for BVN you are to provide your name.

Providing your name twice would alert the Bank of double registration and you would be added to EFCC watchlist.

What if I want to change my information provided.

You are to go to the bank where you registered and inform them about your decision.

Biometrics:not a medical term.

They won't be any harm on you.

You won't be injected.

Biometrics refer to your unique human feature which means your finger print.

A finger print is the impression of ridges on human hands.

A human can only possess one finger print this makes no one able to access your account without proper authorization.

Your fingerprints(10 finger),headshot(passport) and your bio-data would be required during your BVN enrollment.

Okay I already have my BVN what Next?

You are required to get a card linked to your BVN from the bank where you enrolled for it.

Your card might not be available immediately.Don't be afraid you would be contacted by the bank when it is ready.

When you get this card,you would have no stress of presenting information to banks or presenting any ID card, international passport,voters card and drivers license.Instead of this just show them your BVN card you would be ushered in sharply

Uses
-It is a socio-security number used in banking industry to keep record of an individual customer.

-it gives one the ability to engage in bank transactions worldwide.

-theft identification:since a BVN belongs to only one person it can be used to track the activity of an individual under scrutinity.

-Online transaction: although,banking transcations are very safe,there are still jobless people out there waiting to steal your money.

What BVN can't be used for.

-it can't be used as loan assurance in bank(collateral)

-your bank account won't be blocked without BVN.Although,if you have more than one you would be required to enrol for it.

How to check your BVN if you have forgotten

*565*0#

Warning:Do not reveal your Bvn to anyone.

Please be safe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Equal2DeTask(m): 8:44am On Apr 02, 2020
cool
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:02am On Apr 02, 2020
Wow...

I have not heard of BVN card until now..
I enrolled for BVN since 2013

1 Like

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by yusluvad(m): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2020
Incredible
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2020
grin
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by foxxydude: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2020
OP you forgot to mention the 20 naira charge whenever you use *565*0# grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2020
There are up to 101 people with your exact 2 names in nigeria. How does opening a new bank account with a new bvn put you on effc’s watchlist?

1 Like

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Tolu131: 10:09am On Apr 02, 2020
This op don mad
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Optimistdude: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
Wow...

I have not heard of BVN card until now..
I enrolled for BVN since 2013

Nobody enrolled in 2013. It started the next year.
Think again bro.
As for THE BVN card, it is useless.
Just the customer's name is written on it

1 Like

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Gbest90(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
foxxydude:
Lolz funny u

1 Like

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Gwizatasie: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
Earn ₦ 500 and get a fast, affordable loan with Branch! Get the Branch app: https://branch.co/download/z7meob. Be sure to enter my promo code z7meob to get ₦ 500 in credit after repaying your first loan.
Access loan/credit facilities amidst this corona period
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by PrincessB1(f): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
foxxydude:
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by NOBODYY: 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
While this piece is a good one, Nobody can do any fraud with your BVN. This is a fact

1 Like

Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Masterpiece676: 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Atiku:
There are up to 101 people with your exact 2 names in nigeria. How does opening a new bank account with a new bvn put you on effc’s watchlist?

None of your 101 namesakes would have the same fingerprint and Irish verification as yours. So when you have a 100% match in more than one account, your account could be flagged.

Also think about this, go and try to register another national id card again using your fingerprint.
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Masterpiece676:

None of your 101 namesakes would have the same fingerprint and Irish verification as yours. So when you have a 100% match in more than one account, your account could be flagged.

Also think about this, go and try to register another national id card again using your fingerprint.

Which one is irish verification again? Cos i have 2 bank accounts with 2 separate bvn’s
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Masterpiece676: 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
Atiku:

Which one is irish verification again? Cos i have 2 bank accounts with 2 separate bvn

You don't want to tell me you don't know the face unlock feature on iPhone use Irish verification not just your facial recognition. Anyways, Irish is just the verification through your eye, I heard two different people eyes can never be the same in composition.

Oya wait small make suspicious better money enter your account first. They won't tell you when they are monitoring your account and importantly, it's not a wise thing to do, maybe you should find a way to close one.
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
Masterpiece676:

You don't want to tell me you don't know the face unlock feature on iPhone use Irish verification not just your facial recognition. Anyways, Irish is just the verification through your eye, I heard two different people eyes can never be the same in composition.

Oya wait small make suspicious better money enter your account first. They won't tell you when they are monitoring your account and importantly, it's not a wise thing to do, maybe you should find a way to close one.

Do you mean iris? Please enlighten me because I no open bank account with any eye anything. And by beta money you mean from 100m up abi grin
Re: Don't Ignore This If You Know You Have BVN With Any Of The Bank In Nigeria by PureGoldh(m): 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
Very informative....kudos to the OP

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Movies From Android To Ipad ( Ios ) Easily Without Itunes / Permant Iphone Unlock,samsung,nokia Lumia,xperia,bb10 + Free Fmi & Carrier Check / Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.