Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (73061 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
Balistic4:
good day guys, I noticed some anomalies with my 2005 Corolla sport. when I put it on its rpm rises to about 2200. it only comes down when I on my ac and it kind of give more sound and vibration compared to before.

I changed from semi synthetic to full synthetic a couple of month ago and I have CEL as a result of catalytic converter related code but it has not affected the performance before

Run a scan first
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Constant Limp Mode​ - Faulty Accelerator Pedal Sensor

https://bautomobileng./2021/10/06/constant-limp-mode-faulty-accelerator-pedal-sensor/

B-Automobile Engineering
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
2008 Toyota Avalon for sale

Nigerian Used
Buy to drive but the AC is not working?

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Ochiske(m): 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hello House
Help needed please

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2021
Ochiske:
Hello House
Help needed please

What are you experiencing with the car pls
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by danny34(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
Oga Bishop, finanlly got my w203 c200 Kompressor scanned today. Codes plenty o.

Pls what do they mean?

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by afesco: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Dear black Bishop, d alternator belt of my w203 C200, 2002 model cuts often. I changed d alternator pulley after my mechanic/auto elect asked me to change it but d belt cut five days later. I have lost count of d number of belts I have bought in few months.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Sunnybay7: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2021
Hello Bishop my camry 2.4 went off while in traffic,my sister came with her car and a mechanic changed the battery and the car still wouldn't start they had to tow the car home,they called the mechanic to check it the next morning and the car started once. What could be the problem?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2021
danny34:
Oga Bishop, finanlly got my w203 c200 Kompressor scanned today. Codes plenty o.

Pls what do they mean?

This is no issue. Call me
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Hello Bishop my camry 2.4 went off while in traffic,my sister came with her car and a mechanic changed the battery and the car still wouldn't start they had to tow the car home,they called the mechanic to check it the next morning and the car started once. What could be the problem?

Boss run a scan, but likely the crankshaft sensor is mostly the culprit
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
afesco:
Dear black Bishop, d alternator belt of my w203 C200, 2002 model cuts often. I changed d alternator pulley after my mechanic/auto elect asked me to change it but d belt cut five days later. I have lost count of d number of belts I have bought in few months.

Bro one of the pulley is the issue. Just ask them to check all well
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by afesco: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Blackbishop:

Bro one of the pulley is the issue. Just ask them to check all well
Ok sir.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
https://bautomobileng./blog/

White smoke coming from the exhaust meaning and causes and solution.

White Exhaust

When your car is creating white clouds of exhaust smoke not steaming you experience when you start in the morning, there is likely cooling system trouble. The white smoke is produced by coolant burning up in the engine. This can occur if there’s an internal coolant leak within the motor. Cooling system problems may cause additional problems for the motor, including blown head gaskets or burnt piston rings. If the issue is not dealt with in a quick manner you may find your car in need of extensive and expensive engine repair on your hands.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by TeeFriz: 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
Good afternoon oga bishop, my camry 07 vibrates whenever I turn on the AC but when the AC is off, it runs very normal and smooth. I was told it's engine seats. Changed it but it's still the same whenever I turn on the AC

Any assistance
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2021
TeeFriz:
Good afternoon oga bishop, my camry 07 vibrates whenever I turn on the AC but when the AC is off, it runs very normal and smooth. I was told it's engine seats. Changed it but it's still the same whenever I turn on the AC

Any assistance

Have you replaced your compressor before?
Why don’t you run a scan to determine any pre-existing issue with the engine?
This will give me update on what to advise
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by autonaero(m): 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
thanks for the enlightement
looking forward to more posts

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:41am On Oct 28, 2021
Car Jerks While Accelerating In The Morning
I drive a KIA RIO 2018 and of recent I started experiencing a jerk when am about to drive out in the morning like the car is about to go off, but once i drive a bit it moves fine through out the day.

Running Diagnosis

I started with the air filter and it was replaced,

Went for the coil and plugs, they were ok

Lastly I checked for blockage on the injector nozzle and discovered the whole four (4) were partially blocked and I went ahead to remove the fuel pump assembly.

I had to replace the whole fuel pump assembly and service the nozzle and the whole jerking stopped.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Stkingsley(m): 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Oga Bishop, I drove my Kia Sorento 2005 to Lekki Phase 1, and on my way back to Isolo, it started making an engine knocking sound. I managed it home as it won't accelerate as much. I called my mechanic who confirmed that the engine oil and water were at their norm gauges because it's just 2 months ago I serviced it.

He suggested I buy new engine, or that he will bring down the engine and check the metal panel under the engine, which he said maybe the cause.

Please what do you think
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
P0300 – Meaning and Causes and Solutions
P0300- Random or Multiple Cylinder Misfire, one of the common symptom of a P0300 is the check engine light. Then the car idling will be erratic and driving operations will be rough.

Causes and Solution

Check the plugs – The first step to take is to check the plugs to know if they are worn out, in the situation they are worn out just replace them.

A spark plug
Check the Coil Pack or Coil on Plug – The coil might not be an easy step to detect when it is not functioning except you are a certified auto technician, but if you just get to observe check for cracks and swelling on any of the coil, then it is better you replace also.

Coil pack
The Injector/Fuel System Assembly – The next step is to check the fuel rail to see if the connection are ok and to check if there is blockage on any of the nozzle also I will also remove the fuel pump assembly to be sure the filter is not clogged and the pressure of the pump is optimal. In the process if any error is detected I will advise you replace.

Nozzle
The Oil Control Valve – Oil control valve is a critical part of any VVT – (Variable Valve Timing – Intelligence) engine . It adjust oil flow as required by the ECM, in most cases when the OCV is not functioning properly it mirrors the symptoms of a P0300.

The Harness/Wiring which ever way you understand it, you need to check all the connectors and wiring lines to see if there is break or cut either worn out or rodent manifestations so you won’t replace parts and still not get the desired result.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2021
VVT-I Oil Line Leakages
Most Toyota products from 2003 has a problem of Oil consumption which was not new to Toyota’s technicians who push out a free diagnosis, but end up telling people off at a point where they discovered nothing can be done to savage the issue.

But in Avalon it was a different case as the most common issue with Avalon was the VVT-I oil line which most mechs give wrong diagnosis and the issue will still persist after the back and forth, in some case due to wrong diagnosis or nonchalant attitude of the owner it causes more engine damage and more cash to spend to fix it. In most the engine replacement is the lasting solution.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by drmuchin: 8:10am On Nov 08, 2021
Hello Engr Blackbishop
I noticed this on my tyre. Can potholes cause this?

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Nomeh17(m): 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Blackbishop, u re doing a helpful thing here. Weldone. Pls I sell vehicle lights, bumper & frontgrill. Thank you.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nomeh17:
Blackbishop, u re doing a helpful thing here. Weldone. Pls I sell vehicle lights, bumper & frontgrill. Thank you.

Noted bro, will keep in touch just send me your digits boss
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by sako28: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2021
Good morning ogas,
Does anyone have steering control for Ford Explorer 2014.

Contact me pls
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Nomeh17(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2021
09095650025. I also buy car parts that is being upgrade. Thank you.

Blackbishop:

Noted bro, will keep in touch just send me your digits boss
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Jollos(m): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good afternoon all ogas,

I travel to and fro Ife from Lagos with my newly acquired pathfinder, it was a smooth journey but I used 15k fuel to and fro. Although I was informed before buying the car there were no catalyst In the exhaust.

I priced catalyst and is above 100k which I can't afford now.

Do I have a remedy to catalyst that will save cost, and will it reduce fuel consumption? Pathfinder 2004 model

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Jollos:
Good afternoon all ogas,

I travel to and fro Ife from Lagos with my newly acquired pathfinder, it was a smooth journey but I used 15k fuel to and fro. Although I was informed before buying the car there were no catalyst In the exhaust.

I priced catalyst and is above 100k which I can't afford now.

No alternative

Do I have a remedy to catalyst that will save cost, and will it reduce fuel consumption? Pathfinder 2004 model

Thanks in anticipation.

No remedy but have you run a proper diagnosis to be sure it ain’t some other components?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Lovelynife(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Blackbishop:

No remedy but have you run a proper diagnosis to be sure it ain’t some other components?
Good afternoon sir. Please I need advice on hybrid cars sir. What are the pros and cons of hybrid cars sir? Thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lovelynife:

Good afternoon sir. Please I need advice on hybrid cars sir. What are the pros and cons of hybrid cars sir? Thanks in anticipation for your response

From personal experience with Prius, no big deal with hybrid just make sure no be wak Mech Dey run your maintenance

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by universalautos9(m): 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Is the Avalon still available??
Am interested Pls hit me on 09026143831
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
universalautos9:
Is the Avalon still available??
Am interested Pls hit me on 09026143831

Sold
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2021
All readily available

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply)

Guys Buy Car For Their Friend After Getting Tired Of Picking Him Up With Theirs / Rolls Royce Owner, Who Lives In A Rented Flat In FESTAC / Nairaland Auto Show- With Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.