Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Sienna Transmission Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Transmission Issue (2955 Views)

Hyundai Santa Fe That Shift Harsh Transmission Issue / Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue / Transmission Issue In My Honda Civic 03 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna Transmission Issue by Baslyramond: 5:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Hello house, I recently had a problem with my Toyota sienna 1999 model on my way from East
I discovered that my transmission delay before entering 2 but run smoothly afterwards. After taking it to a gear master, he advice I changed the oil and service the filter which I did
After changing the oil it runs smoothly for few days and return back to the formal problem
To cut the Long story short,one day I was traveling to mile 12, the engine stop stop. I restart the motor only for me to discover that the transmission has failed. It doesn't move but only enter revise.
I called a kazeem,was told the gear has damaged and was advice to get another gear box. After buying another gear box the problem that made the other gear to burn is still affecting this new gear box. Delay in shifting from 1_2. Sometimes I have to rev high and withdraw my leg from accerator before it will change. Please house what could be the problem
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by diportivo: 9:28am On Apr 03, 2020
Baslyramond:
Hello house, I recently had a problem with my Toyota sienna 1999 model on my way from East
I discovered that my transmission delay before entering 2 but run smoothly afterwards. After taking it to a gear master, he advice I changed the oil and service the filter which I did
After changing the oil it runs smoothly for few days and return back to the formal problem
To cut the Long story short,one day I was traveling to mile 12, the engine stop stop. I restart the motor only for me to discover that the transmission has failed. It doesn't move but only enter revise.
I called a kazeem,was told the gear has damaged and was advice to get another gear box. After buying another gear box the problem that made the other gear to burn is still affecting this new gear box. Delay in shifting from 1_2. Sometimes I have to rev high and withdraw my leg from accerator before it will change. Please house what could be the problem

u most likely bought a bad transmission sir
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by EngRichie: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Likely a faulty transmission still. Anything is possible, you need good diagnosis to isolate electrical problems (ecu, wiring resistance, solenoids, sensors).

1 Like

Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by ciggy000(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
I think I'm having this same issue with my civic 06. I got a mechanic who told me I need to change my gear box even without running any diagnosis on the vehicle. I got a guy who scanned the vehicle and it pulled a P0776 error code stating pressure control solenoid. I'm just waiting for the lock down to be over to test and be sure my pressure control solenoid are in good shape before contemplating getting a new gear box. Most mechanics are quick to say change your gear box without checking other underlying causes and if those causes are not addressed even a brand new gear box won't work. I suggest you run a scan cos your problem may not even be your gear box.

3 Likes

Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by Baslyramond: 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
Solenoid are found inside the gear. Sometimes it will need you to change it which sometimes gonna cost you half of the money you will use to buy new gear.
Right now the car is with the person that I bought the gear and he is saying he is going to replace the gear .we are waiting for coronavirus and the lockdown so I will know what is the next step
Heard Honda cars has lots of sensors so try check your sensors before buy any new gear
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by Adaba0803(m): 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Baslyramond:

Good evening sir, pls how much did you buy the gear box I’m having the same kind of problem. Thanks .
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by boldx(m): 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
Adaba0803:

Good evening sir, pls how much did you buy the gear box I’m having the same kind of problem. Thanks .
I bought my 1999/2000 sienna gear box N80,000, 5 pin in Abuja about 6 months ago. It works perfectly now. The old one had issues.
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by Adaba0803(m): 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
boldx:

I bought my 1999/2000 sienna gear box N80,000, 5 pin in Abuja about 6 months ago. It works perfectly now. The old one had issues.

Thank you so much..it should be cheaper in lag I’ll check ladipo after the lock down just wanted to have the idea .
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by kush4king(m): 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
I want to also change my gear box, but my fear is that can external component damage the gearbox? because the mechanic has repair the gear but coming back from VI a day he repair it finish is another problem of not moving. can someone advice me. if there is need to change something along with the gear because all this mechanic na war.
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by kush4king(m): 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
My mechanics said 110k for 5pins gear 1999 sienna. as at yesterday. is it true ? and what can damage gearbox ? externally from inside gear?

Adaba0803:

Thank you so much..it should be cheaper in lag I’ll check ladipo after the lock down just wanted to have the idea .
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by boldx(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2020
kush4king:
My mechanics said 110k for 5pins gear 1999 sienna. as at yesterday. is it true ? and what can damage gearbox ? externally from inside gear?

Go to spare parts market and find the price by yourself.
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by Adaba0803(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
kush4king:

as for the price it depends on the location is within the range of 100 to 110 currently cos I knw someone who got sane last week or so in ondo for 100 or so..... I really can’t say this what damages a gear box apart from lack of proper maintenance and wrong gear oil.
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by Obadu: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2020
Gd morning all... please how much can I get my gear box replaced? ( Lexus es300 year 2000)
The old one is not selecting again.. I got it repaired, but I’m not satisfied with the work.. it jerks and shift whenever is engaging...I’m in Ibadan.. thank you
Re: Sienna Transmission Issue by kush4king(m): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Please house the new gear box I just buy few months ago it always Delay in the morning before it will enter gear I take it back to my mechanic he top d oil and clean the fitter it work perfectly for like a week then start d issue again .
Please house what could be the issues.
Thanks . we can as well join WhatsApp group https:///KU349cl9X0LIZlivi1iVmD so that we can explain better to each other .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Will This Happen To A Mazda Car ? / Check Out Arnold Schwarzenegger's 14 Tonne Monster Mercedes Truck / Durability And Maintenance Of Volvo S80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.