Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! (1155 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students / ASUU Strike: Lecturers To Meeting With Government On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Let me state it very plainly: I subscribe to President Muhammadu Buhari’s government’s policy that Nigerian university scholars need to be starved to death! I am so strongly persuaded, and I urge you to be patient as I explain.

First of all, and unambiguously, this nation does not need universities! What does a rent-collecting state that depends wholly on proceeds of oil and gas being exploited by fraudulent and thieving foreign oil corporations need universities for? What functions will they perform in a nation that does not desire development? Frankly, they are totally irrelevant, if you ask me. Unfortunately, we have deluded ourselves and established several universities with public funds, that should ordinarily have ended up in the bank accounts of our leaders, and now we are saddled with them as a national headache. Any wonder why governments have always turned a deaf ear to the irritating demands of the university lecturers?

Since the government may not be able to totally erase these inconvenient institutions we call universities by stroke of the pen, the easiest way to destroy them is to begin by slowly and incrementally starving the lecturers to death. By this the government would succeed in ridding itself of this singularly irritating sector, so that it can focus on other more pressing issues. And there would also be more money for our sybaritic elites to spend. I encourage President Buhari to help Nigeria get rid of its scholars who are nothing but a pain in the neck. They are arrogant, pushy, opinionated and make demands on the government as if they and their universities are the only responsibility the government has. I mean, why should we continue to tolerate their monotonous agitation for adequate funding of the universities? When will they ever get it into their thick skulls that funding the universities will mean less money to satisfy the hedonistic lifestyles of elected and appointed government officials and their families? One would expect that with all their researches and intellectual exertions, they would have realized that this nation does not need them.

2 Likes

Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by LordIsaac(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Let me ask you OP, have you been sick before and you visited a hospital manned by Nigerian doctors trained in our universities? If yes... You need to evaluate your capacity to reason!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Franzinni: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Very true even the undergraduates, and graduates we don't need we should all just go back to farms... The FG is spot and op you have my vote!

3 Likes

Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2020
LordIsaac:
Let me ask you OP, have you been sick before and you visited a hospital manned by Nigerian doctors trained in our universities? If yes... You are spot on!
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by edoairways: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2020
ASUU strike will linger more if people like you
decode continue to think this way. Mind you many of those lecturers are not moved by that policy of no work no pay. I only pity students because they are the receiving end. The government better awake up to their responsibility because our educational system is in shamble.
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2020
edoairways:
ASUU strike will linger more if people like you decode continue to think this way. Mind you many of those lecturers are not moved by that policy of no work no pay. I only pity students because they are the receiving end. The government better awake up to their responsibility because our educational system is in shamble.
Why they are not moved is because they have been earning double salaries. cool
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by tidalstorm(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Lecturers might be arrogant but let us start the starvation with those people in the national assembly.
Especially that guy that wanted to bring that social media bill. Those people useless.
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2020
tidalstorm:
Lecturers might be arrogant but let us start the starvation with those people in the national assembly.
Especially that guy that wanted to bring that social media bill. Those people useless.
We will need the National Assembly to make laws that will starve these lecturers. How can one person be working in 2-3 universities when there are several unemployed graduates. We may hate our politicians, but at least they give us a mudu of rice and 1k during elections. What does these lecturers give us out of their double salary?
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Simonhosea:
Ayemi
What?
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by brexit: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Government should allow the registration of multiplicity of academic unions on campus so as to break the monopoly of ASUU.
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by sinkhole: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
Did @decode author the above post or he plagiarised it?
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
I bet a lot of y'all don't understand sarcasm
Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by sinkhole: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
ajekpako121:
I bet a lot of y'all don't understand sarcasm
don't mind them, that was why I asked whether @decode author the write-up or not.

1 Like

Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Randy100: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
Satirical writing. I am with you @ decode, lets starve them and use the money to feed our sybaristic elites.

1 Like

Re: ASSU Strike: Let's Starve Lecturers To Death! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
brexit:
Government should allow the registration of multiplicity of academic unions on campus so as to break the monopoly of ASUU.
There is CONUA, and NewASUU which will soon be renamed. The days of ASUU monopoly is numbered.

(1) (Reply)

Admission Process & Scholarship Opportunities For Nigerians To Study In Russia / Nysc Direct Posting To Lagos, Abuja And Other State / University Ranking 2022: Unilorin Barely Makes It To Top 20 Universities In Nige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.