Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China (1162 Views)

Justin Trudeau Now Wears Face-masks (photos) / White House Staffers To Wear Face-Masks In West Wing / South Korea Conducts Election Amid Coronavirus. Voters Wear Face Masks & Gloves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by philfearon(m): 7:38am On Apr 04, 2020
The German government is accusing the Trump administration of stealing N95 masks that it had ordered from a factory based in China that’s run by American company 3M.

They German government claim that “200,000 N95 masks made by the manufacturer 3M were diverted to the U.S. as they were being transferred between planes in Thailand.”

Andreas Geisel, the interior minister for Berlin state, said that the American seizure of masks that were set to go to Germany was “an act of modern piracy” and warned that continuing to take such actions could create chaos across the globe.

“This is no way to treat trans-Atlantic partners,” Geisel said. “Even in times of global crisis there should be no wild west methods.” US accused of 'modern piracy' after diversion of masks meant for Europe

Now one reasonable person would think this seems far-fetched even for Trumpian standards, but apparently Germany isn’t the only country that has been hit by Trump’s efforts to hoard masks for the United States.

Politico reports that 3M this week said “it has received a request from the Trump administration to stop exporting N95 respirators to Canada and Latin America as demand grows in the U.S.,” which prompted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to call out the president for hurting both Canada and the United States with his actions.

“These are things that Americans rely on and it would be a mistake to create blockages or reduce the amount of back-and-forth trade of essential goods and services, including medical goods, across our border,” Trudeau said. Trudeau warns U.S. against denying exports of medical supplies to Canada.

https://www.google.com/m?q=Trump+steals+n95+masks+meant+for+Germany&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by iammo(m): 7:42am On Apr 04, 2020
grin

Na today we know say US is a giant stealing country... trump supporter would simply hail him for that and call it bravery, Trump a selfish man who routed many ventilators he can get to florida because that's where he spends his weekend playing golf, while NewYork his former weekend home lacks ventilator

China still makes most of your face mask, sanitizer and ventilators.. yet you insult China daily, Russia that you call all kind of names yet you request their medical workers assistance and they accepted... Now US embassy in Nigeria is appealing to Nigerian Shithole Doctors to come to their country, offering quick Visa and good pay

here in Nigeria our people are still forming big boy to Elon Musk's donation of ventilators forming giant of Africa

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by LivingSage: 7:43am On Apr 04, 2020
USA, corporate thief

1 Like

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by LibertyRep: 7:45am On Apr 04, 2020
No need to fight over facemask.

Let them come to Aba and Cross River in Nigeria.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by NextD18: 7:46am On Apr 04, 2020
USA as a country, is the main target of people who are behind this Coronavirus pandemic.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by backnbeta(f): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2020
Desperate situation calls for desperate measure?
But US should order theirs na... let China remain the common enemy, bi ko undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Yemike(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2020
philfearon:

The German government is accusing the Trump administration of stealing N95 masks that it had ordered from a factory based in China that’s run by American company 3M.

They German government claim that “200,000 N95 masks made by the manufacturer 3M were diverted to the U.S. as they were being transferred between planes in Thailand.”

Andreas Geisel, the interior minister for Berlin state, said that the American seizure of masks that were set to go to Germany was “an act of modern piracy” and warned that continuing to take such actions could create chaos across the globe.

“This is no way to treat trans-Atlantic partners,” Geisel said. “Even in times of global crisis there should be no wild west methods.” US accused of 'modern piracy' after diversion of masks meant for Europe

Now one reasonable person would think this seems far-fetched even for Trumpian standards, but apparently Germany isn’t the only country that has been hit by Trump’s efforts to hoard masks for the United States.

Politico reports that 3M this week said “it has received a request from the Trump administration to stop exporting N95 respirators to Canada and Latin America as demand grows in the U.S.,” which prompted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to call out the president for hurting both Canada and the United States with his actions.

“These are things that Americans rely on and it would be a mistake to create blockages or reduce the amount of back-and-forth trade of essential goods and services, including medical goods, across our border,” Trudeau said. Trudeau warns U.S. against denying exports of medical supplies to Canada.

https://www.google.com/m?q=Trump+steals+n95+masks+meant+for+Germany&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1

That's not bad. It's one of the attributes of a good leader.
His people needs masks and you expect him to support exporting same masks made by an American company to another country??
It's good to be selfish, self-centred in this situation.

So nah only machine Germany fit produce??
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Let's good hands and watch our senior brothers fight...... struggle of who's superior
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by sammyj: 7:58am On Apr 04, 2020
thank you my sister . In war every thing is right. This is a biological warfare!!
backnbeta:
But US should order theirs na... let China remain the common enemy, bi ko undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by EcoBrick: 7:58am On Apr 04, 2020
LibertyRep:

Aba and Cross River can't even meet local demand not to talk of the volume we are talking about. The volumes involved in this U.S vs. Germany spat runs into several millions that need to be replenished every few days. Besides, these are the N95 masks, not the lower grade ones that Aba and Cross River are making.

1 Like

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2020
iammo:
grin

Na today we know say US is a giant stealing country... trump supporter would simply hail him for that and call it bravery, Trump a selfish man who routed many ventilators he can get to florida because that's where he spends his weekend playing golf, while NewYork his former weekend home lacks ventilator

China still makes most of your face mask, sanitizer and ventilators.. yet you insult China daily, Russia that you call all kind of names yet you request their medical workers assistance and they accepted... Now US embassy in Nigeria is appealing to Nigerian Shithole Doctors to come to their country, offering quick Visa and good pay

here in Nigeria our people are still forming big boy to Elon Musk's ventilators forming giant of Africa

Oga 3m is an American company base in China.

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Agarli(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2020
Who will pay now, Germany or USA?
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by iammo(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2020
Precious4real50:
Oga 3m is an American company base in China.

who cares? Germany placed a genuine order with their hard earned money to a company based in china, and on transit to Germany. US cornered it in Thailand, if Nigeria treid such fvckery wont US nuke us

4 Likes

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 8:07am On Apr 04, 2020
iammo:

who cares? Germany placed a genuine order with their hard earned money to a company based in china, and on transit to Germany. US cornered it in Thailand

Germany should tell their own company to produce it for them like our aba brother is doing for niaja tongue

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by iammo(m): 8:09am On Apr 04, 2020
Precious4real50:
Germany should tell their own company to produce it for them like our aba brother is doing for niaja tongue

well madam Ada, this is a profitable business plan you just threw out, perhaps we can mail German embassy ..

but then onyoshi thieves like US should pay Germany back in full
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by LivingSage: 8:09am On Apr 04, 2020
Are you for real cheesy
Precious4real50:

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 8:10am On Apr 04, 2020
LivingSage:
Are you for real cheesy
[/b]
cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cheesy cool
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by nrexzy: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2020
So usa don finally turn thief
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 8:13am On Apr 04, 2020
iammo:

well madam Ada, this is a profitable business plan you just threw out, perhaps we can mail German embassy ..

but then onyoshi thieves like US should pay Germany back in full
Can we be a business partners cheesy wink in mask productions and exportation shocked

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by iammo(m): 8:16am On Apr 04, 2020
Precious4real50:
Can we be a business partners cheesy wink in mask productions and exportation shocked

yes we can.. supply pictures of Aba mask factory or any convincing garment factory, talk to them on pricing and I will see to it I flock all B2B sites and mail all German mails available.. the mail would rain in on them... if we get a response then we can discuss on our sharing formula
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by LivingSage: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2020
Abeg, I don't want to be left out. Let's do the business together wink
iammo:

yes we can.. supply pictures of Aba mask factory or any convincing garment factory, talk to them on pricing and I will see to it I flock all B2B sites and mail all German mails available.. the mail would rain in on them... if we get a response then we can discuss on our sharing formula

Precious4real50:
cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cheesy cool
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 8:20am On Apr 04, 2020
iammo:

I have not been to aba before or another state in Nigeria apart from Delta, Lagos,Onitsha, abuja Rivers, Edo Oyo and taraba.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2020
LivingSage:

If you have been to aba make inquiry about it.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by iammo(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Precious4real50:
I have not been to aba before or another state in Nigeria apart from Delta, Lagos,Onitsha, abuja Rivers, Edo Oyo and taraba.

you have travelled quite far.. guess traveling is a hobby for you like me... If only we can get our Nairalanders in Aba who can be kind to give us addresses to garment factories, some good pictures, and perhaps a sample picture.. it wont cost us anything than data to mail prospecting countries that might need cheap face mask,
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by iammo(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2020
LivingSage:

lol.. abi na, lets make some stay at home money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by budaatum: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2020
LibertyRep:

Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by Precious4real50(f): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2020
iammo:

you have travelled quite far.. guess traveling is a hobby for you like me... If only we can get our Nairalanders in Aba who can be kind to give us addresses to garment factories, some good pictures, and perhaps a sample picture.. it wont cost us anything than data to mail prospecting countries that might need cheap face mask,
Advantage of been born into a family with security background cheesy but also got is own disadvantage ,Getting a trusted person here will be difficult.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by ProtectMyMoney: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2020
philfearon:

These are things that Americans rely on and it would be a mistake to create blockages or reduce the amount of back-and-forth trade of essential goods and services, including medical goods, across our border,” Trudeau said. Trudeau warns U.S. against denying exports of medical supplies to Canada.

This shows, no matter the situation, Trump still thinks of Americans first...he doesn't give a shit about any other country first.

This is what our Nigerian leaders should learn...Nigeria first!

We need to start manufacturing our own. And rely less outside...when the shit hits the fan, all those countries manufacturing that we rely on, will think of their people first just as Trump has done....he didn't give a shit about Germany, Canada or any other.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by philfearon(m): 10:29am On Apr 04, 2020
iammo:
grin

here in Nigeria our people are still forming big boy to Elon Musk's donation of ventilators forming giant of Africa

This is also the same man who was saying the virus is a common flu despite briefing from WHO and was calling it a Chinese virus. Now, he is stealing face masks.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by philfearon(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2020
backnbeta:
No, USA are telling Germany that "you are still our bïtch, and our citizens are more important than yours!".

Exactly what made China the enemy?
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by philfearon(m): 10:42am On Apr 04, 2020
Yemike:

That's not bad. It's one of the attributes of a good leader.
His people needs masks and you expect him to support exporting same masks made by an American company to another country??
It's good to be selfish, self-centred in this situation.

So nah only machine Germany fit produce??
That's not how things work. USA was busy casting blames, calling China all sorts of names from Jan - March instead of taking proactive measures to secure their citizens despite briefings by WHO.
They deliberately allowed their citizens get infested while they still continue to ridicule China and their handling of the virus in their home, still believing it's a common flu. This is also despite repeated warnings from their own doctor...
When shït started becoming serious, USA offered to pay Billions of dollars to a German Research Biomedical company that was deep into the vaccine. Trump wanted the vaccine exclusively for USA. The company refused and said the vaccine will be free to everyone.

I want to assure everyone that the reason no vaccine is out yet for this virus is because the Pharmaceutical Companies are influencing things heavily behind the scene for profit purposes... Yes, the Pharmaceutical Companies control the world in case you don't know.
Re: USA Hijacks N95 Masks That Germany Purchased From China by philfearon(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2020
sammyj:
thank you my sister . In war every thing is right. This is a biological warfare!!
Please read up, research and quit with this unethical way of commenting on things you barely understand.

Who told you it is a biological weapon?
If at all you read, you would have known that Corona virus is not a new disease and has been discovered a long time ago, and is in the same category like SARS.
Yes, SARS and Covid 19 are both Corona viruses because they are diseases that affect the respiratory system.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The U.S. Government Had Nelson Mandela On Terrorist Lists Until 2008. Here's Why / Joe Biden weighing sending long range missile to Ukraine / What Will Tommorow Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.