Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:40 AM

Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm (4104 Views)

Poll: Which side will get 3 points?

Birmingham: 0% (0 votes)
Arsenal: 83% (10 votes)
Neither; they'll share a point each: 16% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Tottenham Hotspurs (2 - 0) On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Manchester United Vs Bolton (3 - 0) On Saturday January 14 2012 / Chelsea Vs Sunderland (1 - 0) On Saturday January 14 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2011
coded guy:

If they manage to win this now, they will all come out with all sorts of postulations as to how they will win the prem, oonly to throw it away again in the next game.

with a 2 goal lead am sure they are not comfortable. what a team

MADE!!
Why don't you just go and hug a transformer?
Two days ago,Berba and co were fluffing chances on this same ground and allowed Bowyer to score a last minute goal
which scummies worldwide won't allow us to rest again.
We were robbed 2 nights ago also. . .
Do you hear us still bitching about it
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by kashmo: 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2011
This is straight up training game cheesy see as dem dey chase shadows around grin abeg, more goals to beef up the goal difference.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2011
HNIC:

Scummies will forever be scummies
Passing it on to the next generation
Only a scummie will compare a straight up blatant red card offence of bringing down an opposition player in a goal scoring position with a handball in the box that the ref may or may not see as deliberate
Hahahahaha May or May not God have mercy. Is that what you turned it to? Thank good you agreed that its a hand ball but your argument now is the ref may or may not.

What happended to ref may or may not in united case. It does not apply abi.

Are you still on your nappies and feeding bottle?
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2011
RuuDie:

RVP very lucky --- coulda been a PK there!
Now this one na berra scummie grin
For me, it was a penalty
But it depends on the ref's interpretation or whether he even saw it at all
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by geefivez(m): 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2011
we need more goal please.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by eldee(m): 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2011
Wenger take out Fab or Nasri. . . u plonker.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2011
presido1:

Hahahahaha May or May not God have mercy. Is that what you turned it to? Thank good you agreed that its a hand ball but your argument now is the ref may or may not.

What happended to ref may or may not in united case. It does not apply abi.

Are you still on your nappies and feeding bottle?
Unless you ain't true to yourself.
Majority of my scummie friends and YOUR MANAGER also, . . agreed that Neville shoulda been off and it was a stone cold penalty
If I start listing controversial decisions that have gone in favour of Manure in the last few seasons, I will cause this thread to move to the next page grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2011
HNIC:

But it depends on the ref's interpretation or whether he even saw it at all
What happened to this logic when it goes United way. Must the ref see all united offence but see few of Arsenals?
Stop shooting yourself dude. If you admit that it refs mistake in one why don't your apply same to others. That will not make you look biased.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2011
presido1:

What happened to this logic when it goes United way. Must the ref see all united offence but see few of Arsenals?
Stop shooting yourself dude. If you admit that it refs mistake in one why don't your apply same to others. That will not make you look biased.
Abeg I no get time for you.
Handballs are totally different from blatantly bringing down a player in the box.
Must I explain everything to you?
Have u seen me complaning about handballs?
Abeg lemme watch game joo
Manure failed here
Chelski failed here also
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2011
HNIC:

Majority of my scummie friends and YOUR MANAGER also, . . agreed that Neville shoulda been off and it was a stone cold penalty
If I start listing controversial decisions that have gone in favour of Manure in the last few seasons, I will cause this thread to move to the next page grin
Yes we all admit it a pen just like we all know RVP handled the ball which is a pen also. But you are making it look like the ref did not give WBA the pen cos its United which means that the ref saw it and waved it but in the case of arsenal you chose "May or May Not" see it. Isn't that logic one sided?
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by kashmo: 8:22pm On Jan 01, 2011
Van Persie needs a goal from open play! He's wasteful angry
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
presido1:

Yes we all admit it a pen just like we all know RVP handled the ball which is a pen also. But you are making it look like the ref did not give WBA the pen cos its United which means that the ref saw it and waved it but in the case of arsenal you chose "May or May Not" see it. Isn't that logic one sided?
Bros,
I am saying it for the last time
abi make I speak native language
Handball oyato si foul on a player ooooh grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
HNIC:

Abeg I no get time for you.
Handballs are totally different from blatantly bringing down a player in the box.
Both result to pen which might result to goal,

Have u seen me complaning about handballs?
Should i dig them out?

[/quote]Manure failed here
Chelski failed here also
[quote]
Yeah your new trophy tongue tongue tongue tongue Hurry Arsenal has Landed. cool cool cool
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by codedguy1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
HNIC:

You are as confused as the word CONFUSED can ever be expressed.

Who told u we did not agree that that was a blatant foul, we even berated Neville, and kept on wondering why SAF chose him to play.

But your deluded arguement here makes u look stupid when u allude to the fact the in United's case the ref MUST see it, but in your case it may be that the ref MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE SEEN IT OR HIS INTERPRETATION OF WHAT HE MAY HAVE SEEN OR NOT SEEN.

What kinda of a brain do u have?
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
Game over
We finally win at this evil St Andrews(Gooners know what I mean)
A clean sheet in the first game of the year!
Game on
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by dominique(f): 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
First time we'll be keeping a clean sheets in weeks. Thumbs up fabianski smiley
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:28pm On Jan 01, 2011
coded guy:

Who told u we did not agree that that was a blatant foul, we even berated Neville, and kept on wondering why SAF chose him to play.

But your deluded arguement here makes u look silly when u allude to the fact the in United's case the ref MUST see it, but in your case it may be that the ref MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE SEEN IT OR HIS INTERPRETATION OF WHAT HE MAY HAVE SEEN OR NOT SEEN.

I don't know who is worse
You or your kid brother?
Go and read the rubbish you guys were ranting earlier on in the day
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by kashmo: 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2011
Finally, clean sheet! Great win, good 3 freaking points to kick start the new year cheesy

Happy New Year to you all!
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
presido1:

Both result to pen which might result to goal,
Should i dig them out?
Yeah your new trophy tongue tongue tongue tongue Hurry Arsenal has Landed. cool cool cool
Go and dig them out or sharrap
Even the Nasri incident,48 hours ago. . . .I berated the players for messing up,
If they had scored earlier it wont have mattered
Manure finally got on the end of a wrong decision.
From the foul mouthed gaffer down to the roadside analyst
They keep holding on to that
Rubbish
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2011
coded guy:

But your deluded arguement here makes u look silly when u allude to the fact the in United's case the ref MUST see it, but in your case it may be that the ref MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE SEEN IT OR HIS INTERPRETATION OF WHAT HE MAY HAVE SEEN OR NOT SEEN.

The dude is soo confused and biased like a Biaaaatch.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2011
presido1:

The dude is soo confused and biased like a Biaaaatch.
Typical scummies
Comparing two totally different incidents and making inferences based on the warped logic
Yeah, we have a name for it here
Scummie logic!
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2011
Here is a list of the teams in order of the number of penalties they have scored since 2003:

Liverpool - 36
Arsenal - 35
Chelsea - 29
Aston Villa - 27
Fulham - 24
Tottenham - 23
Man Utd - 23
Blackburn - 22
Man City - 22
Everton - 21
Bolton - 19
Portsmouth - 19

And here are the same 12 teams in order of the number of penalties they have conceded:

Aston Villa - 29
Portsmouth - 28
Blackburn - 24
Bolton - 24
Fulham - 23
Everton - 21
Tottenham - 21
Man City - 19
Arsenal - 17
Liverpool - 15
Man Utd - 13
Chelsea - 12

Unsurprisingly, some would say, the big four find themselves in general at the top of the first list and the bottom of the second. The only notable exception here is how few penalties Manchester United have been awarded - they are equal 6th in this table. Liverpool (+21), Arsenal (+18) and Chelsea (+17) have the largest "penalty difference", while Portsmouth (-9) have suffered more than any other team. Manchester United lag well behind the other "Sky 4" clubs with a difference of +10.

So how do we tell where the referees' bias - if any - lies? The answer, of course, is that we can't conclusively. However, we can give ourselves an idea by comparing the number of penalties given and conceded as a percentage of the total number of goals scored and conceded. As I say, this is not definitive, but one can infer that a team with a lower than average percentage of penalties scored has been more harshly treated by the referees than a team with a higher than average percentage. Vice versa with penalties conceded.

Here are the twelve teams in order of percentage of goals since 2003 scored from the penalty spot:

Liverpool - 392 goals, 36 pens, 9.1%
Fulham - 281 goals, 24 pens, 8.6%
Aston Villa - 323 goals, 27 pens, 8.4%
Blackburn - 290 goals, 22 pens, 7.6%
Arsenal - 469 goals, 35 pens, 7.5%
Man City - 298 goals, 22 pens, 7.4%
Portsmouth - 268 goals, 19 pens, 7.1%
Everton - 301 goals, 21 pens, 7.0%
Tottenham - 338 goals, 23 pens, 6.8%
Bolton - 285 goals, 19 pens, 6.7%
Chelsea - 437 goals, 29 pens, 6.6%
Man Utd - 448 goals, 23 pens, 5.1%

And here are the same teams in order of percentage of goals conceded from the spot in the same period:

Aston Villa - 303 goals, 29 pens, 9.6%
Portsmouth - 332 goals, 28 pens, 8.4%
Chelsea - 149 goals, 12 pens, 8.1%
Arsenal - 210 goals, 17 pens, 8.1%
Everton - 275 goals, 21 pens, 7.7%
Bolton - 324 goals, 24 pens, 7.4%
Liverpool - 203 goals, 15 pens, 7.4%
Blackburn - 331 goals, 24 pens, 7.3%
Man Utd - 180 goals, 13 pens, 7.2%
Fulham - 332 goals, 23 pens, 6.9%
Tottenham - 313 goals, 21 pens, 6.7%
Man City - 302 goals, 19 pens, 6.3%

These statistics are more illuminating. Firstly they certainly support the view that Manchester United certainly find it incredibly difficult to win a penalty - in fact they win far less as a proportion of their goals than any other team. To balance this, teams also find it relatively difficult to win a penalty against Manchester United, though their City rivals are the most lucky in this regard.

So if we look at the differences in these percentages, which teams are the most and least fortunate when it comes to penalties:

Liverpool - 9.1% of goals scored, 7.4% conceded, Difference = +1.7%
Fulham - 8.6% of goals scored, 6.9% conceded, Difference = +1.7%
Man City - 7.4% of goals scored, 6.3% conceded, Difference = +1.1%
Blackburn - 7.6% of goals scored, 7.3% conceded, Difference = +0.3%
Tottenham - 6.8% of goals scored, 6.7% conceded, Difference = +0.1%
Arsenal - 7.5% of goals scored, 8.1% conceded, Difference = -0.6%
Bolton - 6.7% of goals scored, 7.4% conceded, Difference = -0.7%
Everton - 7.0% of goals scored, 7.7% conceded, Difference = -0.7%
Aston Villa - 8.4% of goals scored, 9.6% conceded, Difference = -1.2%
Portsmouth - 7.1% of goals scored, 8.4% conceded, Difference = -1.3%
Chelsea - 6.6% of goals scored, 8.1% conceded, Difference = -1.5%
Man Utd - 5.1% of goals scored, 7.2% conceded, Difference = -2.1%

So statistically, Liverpool have been the most lucky team with regard to penalties in the past 6 years, and, amazingly, Manchester United have been the most unlucky.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by debosky(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2011
Dunno what all the noise is about. For those that were actually watching the game not listening on radio, the free kick against Djourou that led to the alleged handball should never have been given in the first place.

Djourou was ahead of Jerome, but Jerome placed his hands on DJ and went down, getting DJ unfairly booked when NO TACKLE took place. Now if the decision leading to the freekick was wrong, then any subsequent handball is rendered irrelevant in my opinion.

If you want to be philosophical about it, the referee made up for his unwarranted freekick and yellow card decision by ignoring the alleged handball.

End of story.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by codedguy1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2011
debosky:

Dunno what all the noise is about. For those that were actually watching the game not listening on radio, the free kick against Djourou that led to the alleged handball should never have been given in the first place.

Djourou was ahead of Jerome, but Jerome placed his hands on DJ and went down, getting DJ unfairly booked when NO TACKLE took place. Now if the decision leading to the freekick was wrong, then any subsequent handball is rendered irrelevant in my opinion.

If you want to be philosophical about it, the referee made up for his unwarranted freekick and yellow card decision by ignoring the alleged handball.

End of story.

Ok, let us agree your explanation is what must have happened, it then means that it was subject to the interpretation of the ref wether he saw it or not, according to HNIC. .

But in the case of United, it looks like the ref has no right to interprete what he saw or did not see specially when he interprets it in favour of UNITED
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2011
debosky:

End of story.
So RVP should turn to a goal keeper and the ref ture a blind eye in other to nolify his(ref) early mistake. Nothing i no go read from this thread.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by chamotex(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2011
Phuuuuuck me!
Are we in a statistics class or something? grin grin grin
Where is fufuface to bring out his own financial statistics o

Some back to school ish cheesy cheesy
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by debosky(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
coded guy:

Ok, let us agree your explanation is what must have happened, it then means that it was subject to the interpretation of the ref wether he saw it or not, according to HNIC. .

But in the case of United, it looks like the ref has no right to interprete what he saw or did not see specially when he interprets it in favour of UNITED

If a wrong decision is made, it negates any subsequent decisions - that is my point.

presido1:

So RVP should turn to a goal keeper and the ref ture a blind eye in other to nolify his(ref) early mistake. Nothing i no go read from this thread.

I didn't say the ref should turn a blind eye - that is his prerogative. The fact is, the free kick for the alleged handball should never have happened.

If we want to debate decisions, Bowyer should've been sent off for a stamp on Sagna, Djourou should've had a penalty for being pulled down in the box and there are numerous other examples.

If una wan quote stats till next year go ahead. My own point is simple. grin
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by olabukola: 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2011
lol
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by presido1: 9:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
Debo,
What we are trying to make your flock understand in that itz all ref mistake but some of you think its SAF's or FA's directive that such pen should not be awarded against the best club in the universe(Man U). I wouldn't have been here if HNIC did not make his comment i quoted above. Refs makes mistake wk in wk out sometimes it favours your team sometimes it goes against.
We all know Arsenal is a Good for nothing club irrespective of refs decision so make una no blame us for your plight. No be we cus am.
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by codedguy1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2011
presido1:

Debo,
What we are trying to make your flock understand in that itz all ref mistake but some of you think its SAF's or FA's directive that such pen should not be awarded against the best club in the universe(Man U). I wouldn't have been here if HNIC did not make his comment i quoted above. Refs makes mistake wk in wk out sometimes it favours your team sometimes it goes against.
We all know Arsenal is a Good for nothing club irrespective of refs decision so make una no blame us for your plight. No be we cus am.

grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue tongue

CLASSIC

LWKMD
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by switch47(m): 12:37am On Jan 02, 2011
@ topic Arsenal 3 birmingham 0 nice game by the gunners they are true title contenders nice one
Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal On Saturday, January Ist; 6.30pm by HNIC(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2011
@coded guy and presido
I shake my head for the two of u. . . . . .
See statistics from Presido
Na Bsc Statistics you get for school? grin
@Debosky
Leave the two scummies to keep shouting over RVP's penalty
Conveniently ignoring other stuffs that happened in the match.
Arguing with a scummie is a difficult task
There i go breaking my first new year resolution!
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (0 - 0) On 24th March 2012 / Yakubu Joins Blackburn Rovers / Barcelona Vs Racing Santander (3 - 0) On 15th Saturday,2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.