Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma (1434 Views)

My Fiancee Can't Have Sex / My Brother's Fiancee Sent This Text To Him This Evening / Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
I need advice on the best and natural way to handle asthma.

I'll be getting married in the next two weeks and my fiancee is asthmatic. I'll seriously need advice on the best possible way to handle her asthma incase she gets pregnant. Please help a brother.

Mod please help me move this to front-page
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
Very Simple,

Go to any medical centre nearest to you and seek the advice of a sound health practitioner there, you'll definitely get the best advice.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Kylekent59: 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
Know your spouse .

You knew all these while that she has astma and you still decided to seal it with her. Now she's pregnant, you asking for our advice.

My brother, its too late, just marry her.

For the Astma, take her to hospital ; doctor's advice should be the best.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Abfinest007(m): 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
this is serious
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by emmyniftyyem: 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
Asthma isn't a death sentence. All you have to do is know her triggers and avoid them. In the case of pregnancy, everything magnifies so her drugs and inhalers should always be handy. Also, have a very good doctor that takes care of her on speed dial. Best wishes for your marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by modernWays: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
Megaflex:
I need advice on the best and natural way to handle asthma.

I'll be getting married in the next two weeks and my fiancee is asthmatic. I'll seriously need advice on the best possible way to handle her asthma incase she gets pregnant. Please help a brother.

Mod please help me move this to front-page

Nothing will happen to her, from my experience, pregnancy has little or nothing to do with Asthma. Make sure she is always with her inhaler.

And if she is below 25yrs, there is possibility her condition will get better after this age.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
modernWays:

Nothing will happen to her, from my experience, pregnancy has little or nothing to do with Asthma. Make sure she is always with her inhaler.

And if she is below 25yrs, there is possibility her condition will get better after this age.
Thanks alot. But she's above 25. She's 27 Is their any natural remedy?
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by nifemi25(m): 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
I will advise you apply herbs. ... Its the best to asthma

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Alwaysachick: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
Megaflex:
Thanks alot. But she's above 25. She's 27 Is their any natural remedy?

Just avoid triggers like frying in the kitchen, dont spray perfumes around her, use mild body sprays, keep a neat environment, remove all rugs, avoid dust and smoke, cold drinks and water, avoid fries avoid biscuits esp with oats or any other food that can upset the throat, reduced fan esp at night, always ensure she is healthy cuz having malaria is also a trigger.

Most importantly, no more cold baths, she should always use warm water. Inhalers and cough syrups should be her new sweets.

See your doctor for prescriptions and always keep ventolin or prednisolone or franol tablets close, never run out. If she is always having crisis you can buy a nebulizer use with doctor's instruction.

She will be fine, its not a death sentence. Just needs to be managed well and carefully.

Any form of carelessness can cause the pulse to rise or drop which is not good. So she should avoid all she is told to avoid.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by finalboss(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Just avoid triggers like frying in the kitchen, dont spray perfumes around her, use mild body sprays, keep a neat environment, remove all rugs, avoid dust and smoke, cold drinks and water, avoid fries avoid biscuits esp with oats or any other food that can upset the throat, reduced fan esp at night.

Most importantly, no more cold baths, she should always use warm water. Inhalers and cough syrups should be her new sweets.

See your doctor for prescriptions and always keep ventolin or prednisolone or franol tablets close, never run out.

She will be fine, its not a death sentence. Just needs to be managed well and carefully.

Any form of carelessness can cause the pulse to rise or drop which is not good. So she should avoid all she is told to avoid.
All these ??

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Alwaysachick: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
finalboss:
All these ??

These are everyday things we do, that she has to reduce or avoid.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by finalboss(m): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
Alwaysachick:

These are everyday things we do, that she has to reduce or avoid.
who takes cough syrup everyday ?? lipsrsealed
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Alwaysachick: 7:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
finalboss:

Not every day o, any time she feels congested in the chest. Besides don't ppl take cough syrups for pleasure? wink
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Just avoid triggers like frying in the kitchen, dont spray perfumes around her, use mild body sprays, keep a neat environment, remove all rugs, avoid dust and smoke, cold drinks and water, avoid fries avoid biscuits esp with oats or any other food that can upset the throat, reduced fan esp at night.

See your doctor for prescriptions and always keep ventolin or prednisolone or franol tablets close, never run out. If she is always having crisis you can buy a nebulizer use with doctor's instruction.

Thanks so much for your input. I'll stick to your advice and she uses most of the drug u mentioned. We'll see a medical doctor to get more insight before the wedding. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 7:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kylekent59:
Know your spouse .

You knew all these while that she has astma and you still decided to seal it with her. Now she's pregnant, you asking for our advice.

My brother, its too late, just marry her.

For the Astma, take her to hospital ; doctor's advice should be the best.
Read the post again. I never said she's pregnant. I said I need advice on how to handle the asthma if she gets pregnant after marriage. I knew she has asthma before proposing. Thanks anyways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by finalboss(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Not every day o, any time she feels congested in the chest. Besides don't ppl take cough syrups for pleasure? wink
lols grin I dunno what you are talking abt.
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by dominique(f): 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Asthma if properly managed doesn't hinder you from carrying on your daily activities. It won't stop her from carrying her pregnancy to term, 3rd trimester can be a bit tough as the lungs are cramped together with the other organs making breathing a bit difficult (speaking from experience). As long as she stays in a well ventilated area always, doesn't inhale smoke, dusts, insecticides, perfume etc, she'll be fine. She should always have her inhaler handy but she must not abuse it. She should only take two puffs when she's having difficulty breathing not whenever she feels like. Make sure she registers in a good hospital close to you in case of emergency.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by LivingSage: 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
Is that all you have to say? Why can't you shut your mouth if you have no answer to his quest? That's how you quote me then and started blabbing undecided
Erediauwa:
Very Simple,

Go to any medical centre nearest to you and seek the advice of a sound health practitioner there, you'll definitely get the best advice.

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by LivingSage: 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
cheesy cheesy

finalboss:
All these ??

finalboss:
lols grin I dunno what you are talking abt.

finalboss:
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
dominique:
Asthma if properly managed doesn't hinder you from carrying on your daily activities. It won't stop her from carrying her pregnancy to term, 3rd trimester can be a bit tough as the lungs are cramped together with the other organs making breathing a bit difficult (speaking from experience). As long as she stays in a well ventilated area always, doesn't inhale smoke, dusts, insecticides, perfume etc, she'll be fine. She should always have her inhaler handy but she must not abuse it. She should only take two puffs when she's having difficulty breathing not whenever she feels like. Make sure she registers in a good hospital close to you in case of emergency.
She doesn't use inhaler. She uses tablets like ventolin and amnophline. Thanks though
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Megaflex(m): 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
nifemi25:
I will advise you apply herbs. ... Its the best to asthma
Where can I get these herbs? Or can I make them myself?? What are the ingredients
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by finalboss(m): 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2020
LivingSage:
Is that all you have to say? Why can't you shut your mouth if you have no answer to his quest? That's how you quote me then and started blabbing undecided
so you called him a cow grin
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by LivingSage: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Well, YOU just did wink
finalboss:
so you called him a cow grin
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by finalboss(m): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
LivingSage:
Well, YOU just did wink
cool yes cheesy
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Uyi168: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Erediauwa:
Very Simple,

Very simple and straight forward...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Uyi168: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
finalboss:
All these ??
Not necessarily all these..
By now, she should have known those things that can easily trigger her reaction...
Re: Please Help: My Fiancee Has Asthma by Myham: 11:06pm On May 11, 2020
There are many asthma triggers. Get familiar with what her triggers are and work with her to avoid them. Having an asthma plan will also help everyone be on the same page so that everyone knows what to do even in an emergency.

I wish you both the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burning Sensation In My Penis And Pubic Area / Breaking!! Nigerian Doctors Suspend Strike, Resume Work On Monday / Tsamiya (tamarind) Fruit Juice Benefits- Asikoherbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.