Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) (146020 Views)

Ugandan Man Kills A Lion Trying To Attack His Home. He Gets Injured (Pictures) / Snake-swallower Dies After Viper Bites His Tongue And Throat( Pics, Video) / Two-Headed Russell Viper Discovered In India (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by sylve11: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2020
Kylekent59:
Pictures please.

Vipers are very dangerous, venomous and slow poke.

Hope you all now know how to identify a venomous snake.

The belly linings running to its tail is not broken, but single linings.

Hence, it is a venomous snake.

You mean upon sighting any snake, we should quickly rush to turn in up to see if the belly lining is broken or if it's not? cool
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Amanda4life: 7:03am On Apr 05, 2020
I remember china
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Iceyjayz: 7:11am On Apr 05, 2020
FocusedDiva:
Hope all the 64 babies were killed and burnt.
Viper is a very venomous snake o.
This one dey fear cheesy
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by kayo80(m): 7:11am On Apr 05, 2020
CheedyJ:
[size=8pt][/size]
Half of those babies would most probably die & few more would die before maturity... Scary looking snake..
Lemme even check under my bed sef..

Lol
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by kayo80(m): 7:13am On Apr 05, 2020
bigcee:

Not all will survive. Other animals will prey on most of them for food.

Okay. Just like how a chicken would have like 12 chicks and hawks will eats more than half of them.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by peculiar32(f): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2020
Kylekent59:
Pictures please.
i don't wait to check, I run away from all appearance of snakes

1 Like

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Jokerman(m): 7:17am On Apr 05, 2020
ThinkB4mention:

I love this your reply cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You will tell the snake...."hey please wait! Let me check you belly linings ,
snake: ok sir .....you can come and check..... cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

I thought before I mentioned you, and I decided to say "Hi, happy Sunday to you"
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 7:19am On Apr 05, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

I dey come cheesy your blood too dey hot
you don dey come? So soon? E never reach 2 minutes o grin grin tongue
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by CountDooku(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2020
Gabon viper... My Dad was biten by this snake on his construction site in 1993 when he was building his house in the village... He nearly died, thank God for uncles that rushed him to the federal medical center in anambra state and thank God things were still good at FMC and they had anti venom. They snake was killed and eaten by my uncles

1 Like

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Makavelli25: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2020
CountDooku:
Gabon viper... My Dad was biten by this snake on his construction site in 1993 when he was building his house in the village... He nearly died, thank God for uncles that rushed him to the federal medical center in anambra state and thank God things were still good at FMC and they had anti venom. They snake was killed and eaten by my uncles
No let lala hear this story o
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2020
dairykidd:
But on a serious note why does any snake related thread hit Fp
i just tire o,killing of snake na news Blike say na any snake be news for Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Midex88(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2020
In humans, when a bite does occur, it should always be considered a serious medical emergency. Even an average bite from an average-sized specimen is potentially fatal.

a bite from a Gaboon viper causes rapid and conspicuous swelling, intense pain, severe shock and local blistering. Other symptoms may include uncoordinated movements, defecation, urination, swelling of the tongue and eyelids, convulsions and unconsciousness. Blistering, bruising and necrosis may be extensive. There may be sudden hypotension, heart damage and dyspnoea. The blood may become incoagulable with internal bleeding that may lead to haematuria and haematemesis. Local tissue damage may require surgical excision and possibly amputation to any affected limb. Healing may be slow and fatalities during the recovery period are not uncommon.
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by ABCthings: 7:32am On Apr 05, 2020
IdioticNLmods:

Ecosystem kill you there
And na him type dey chop peppersoup with bush meat pass.
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by ABCthings: 7:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Midex88:
In humans, when a bite does occur, it should always be considered a serious medical emergency. Even an average bite from an average-sized specimen is potentially fatal.

a bite from a Gaboon viper causes rapid and conspicuous swelling, intense pain, severe shock and local blistering. Other symptoms may include uncoordinated movements, defecation, urination, swelling of the tongue and eyelids, convulsions and unconsciousness. Blistering, bruising and necrosis may be extensive. There may be sudden hypotension, heart damage and dyspnoea. The blood may become incoagulable with internal bleeding that may lead to haematuria and haematemesis. Local tissue damage may require surgical excision and possibly amputation to any affected limb. Healing may be slow and fatalities during the recovery period are not uncommon.
shocked
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by quiteboy(m): 7:35am On Apr 05, 2020
Nice info, but which time I go use dey inspect the tail? Me when go Tuama(Run) at the sight of this reptile. cheesy grin
Kylekent59:
Pictures please.

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2020
of all dis one find way enter street lasan,nah die o

Contact us for your procurement from China 1688, Usa Ebay.com and amqzon

we also buy airtime for cash.
Gift cards: Amazon play store steam wallmart paypal and co.

we also design website and blog for business and personal use.

whatsapp 07081997275
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Newmans: 7:43am On Apr 05, 2020
Stop killing all these reptiles, treat and take care of them, atop destroying the planet earth!!
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Yewandequeen(f): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2020
64 Whole new babies and those ones too can have 64 babies when grown. Damn
Thank God the 65 snakes were killed. He needs to find their daddy too o
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2020
Happyguy201:
those of you attacking the op make una get sense small na this is Africa not USA where people pet snake and the rest . see this man he was bitten by a viper and ended up dying the next day . this is more than enough reason to kill any snake on sight weather pregnant or not
He died of ignorance! He had all the time to go FMC that was close to him, they would have treated his case as an emergency but he chose a native doctor whose reputation was probably made from treating a bite of a non venomous snake...the native doctor now erroneously presumes he has the key to treating all snake bites.
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2020
Hezmatosky:
Meanwhile not all baby snakes makes it to adulthood. In fact 85% or more don't make it. The reason is this, they're good meals to birds, other snakes, ants, and even the weather can kill most. So don't panic in cases like this.
It is because of this that they birth many offspring s...most of those 'snakelings' won't make it to adulthood..bigger animals will have them for dinner..if it weren't so snakes for full our toilets and bedrooms..nature has a way of keeping things in check.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 7:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Looks like a puff adder and not a gaboon viper.

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:58am On Apr 05, 2020
Yewandequeen:
64 Whole new babies and those ones too can have 64 babies when grown. Damn
Thank God the 65 snakes were killed. He needs to find their daddy too o
It doesn't work like that...most of those babies won't make it to maturity...there are many predators looking for baby snakes to eat because they are easy food..even their mother is not safe in the bush.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2020
VolvoS60:

Looks like a puff adder and not a gaboon viper.
Everything na gaboon viper for nairaland nowadays...that's probably the puff adder..the gaboon vipers marking is very unique. It's head too is larger than what is shown in the Op.
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Yewandequeen(f): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

It doesn't work like that...most of those babies won't make it to maturity...there are many predators looking for baby snakes to eat because they are easy food..even their mother is not safe in the bush.
Yea that's true

But still, even if all didn't survive at least 20 will.

One viper is terrible lest to mention 20 cry
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by redsun(m): 8:05am On Apr 05, 2020
Animals. They talk about killing snakes at this time and age as if they killed dinosaurs or dragons. Who wants to see your disgusting act of stupidly? In a normal society, you will be prosecuted for animal cruelty.
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by ACE1010: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2020
You just whipped the entire generation of this viper specie... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by favour32(m): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2020
I wan ask question and 95% of people wey claim genius for nairaland go fail am.
Make I use "baby" for animal wey dem born new;
Baby- pig ....na... piglet
Baby fowl.....na...chick
Baby human....baby
Baba cow....na.. calf
Make I nor go far..
Wetin be..
Baby snake....? grin
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Tylerbreeze(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2020
charmosky:
That’s very Absurd to kill such a wild life...the generation of this species are going Tom extinction...you should have driven the snake away...in a western world...this is definitely a life sentence for this heartless killer...
they should all go to extinction Biko , who Dem epp... Of what use are they to humanity ... Nonsense undecided
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by IamDavids: 8:58am On Apr 05, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Mumu oshi, Olodo, Chimpanzee!!

If u no b chimpanzee u b monkey!!, snakes cousin.

Ode! O gor fah!

Nigga, you stink of mediocrity. Go get a life. I hoped I would interact with intelligent people on this thread, I guess I was wrong. You're a fvcking nitwit. If you quote me again ehn! Anuofia! Ajuala! Fvcking Afonja boy! Illiterate!
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by X0012(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2020
ofemigeorge:
According to the books of revelation...after pandemic...this next oppression will be attacks and killings by wild animals. Animals that will eventually become difficult to kill by humans. Na wa embarassed

What verse in revelation?
Re: Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) by Yxxx: 9:02am On Apr 05, 2020
Makavelli25:
Let just sit down and enjoy onebottle of aromatic schnapps as we await lord lalasticlala
I insist you use Seamans schnapps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Secret Code To Listen To Another Person Call 2022 / Simple Way To Download Youtube Videos Without Any Software (Androids, PC, BB,..) / Www.whatsapp.com-download Free Whatsapp Messenger For Iphone,blackbery & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.