Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,092 members, 7,852,695 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns (734 Views)

Two Neighbours In Bloody Fight In Enugu During Lockdown / Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Normalcy Restored In Surulere By Police Officers After A Gang Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by naijadefender: 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good Morning house, Happy Palm Sunday to the Catholic hopefuls... How is the lockdown going for all...

I was wondering if people will pay their house rents during this period of lockdown....mind you some employers have not paid March salaries angry

Would you pay up or wait till things normalize or better still renegotiate the rent cos it is wise to spend the money you have now on essentials..

A friend told me his landlord called him over the weekend to demand payment and they had a bit of altercation over the phone.

Let us know what you would do!!!
Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by ikechemez(m): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
[quote author=naijadefender post=88118521]Good Morning house, Happy Palm Sunday to the Catholic hopefuls... How is the lockdown going for all...

I was wondering how people will pay their house rent this period of lockdown especially those that have rents due this time....

Will you pay or wait till things normalize or better still renegotiate the rent cos the money you have now should be spent on essentials..

A friend told me his landlord called him over the weekend to demand payment and they had a bit of altercation over the phone.

If you have the money better go and pay. You won't pay twice. If not be ready for the landlord wahala
Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
I emptied my savings to pay my 3 month's advance rent to the Jezebel that sub-let her flat to me.

cos if I don't, I don't sleep well at night, knowing fully well that a witch is lurking nearby.
me I luv rest of mind DIE!
undecided

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
Were you not paying when u spent more than 12hrs of your entire 24hrs outside the house During work days

now that the house is serving you full time you are thinking of a way that you will not pay...

Tenants are not nice people, they always expect landlord to have some reason why he shouldn’t collect his money

Fuel price go up...people will expect landlord to understand things are hard and not ask for rent

Bad government takes over, same thing

Dollar gains against naira, na still landlord una Dey expect make he understand...

See, it’s the same market u and ur landlord make purchases oooo....make una go pay rent joor

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
I'm already thinking of how to pay after lockdown

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by adslipps: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ur rent is still an essential. If u can spend the money u have at the moment on essentials then u should pay ur rent. It takes years to recover money spent on building a house so stop feeling like u are enriching ur landlord. If u think is easy go and build ur own house.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by Moneywirer: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
I asked my friend if he'd pay association dues, he said.... O boy I no go pay that thing till this corona matter end o, as I dey look the mata e be like wetin wan drag on till next year and I no sure say people go survive am.
Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by dododawa1: 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
IdreamOfUnicorn:
I'm already thinking of how to pay after lockdown
are you not marry?
Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by ugolinze123(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2020
For what..where will the money come from.
Re: COVID-19: Would You Pay Your Rent During Lockdown Or Wait Till Normalcy Returns by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
dododawa1:
are you not marry?
Uh?

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Woman, 79, Survives After Being 'buried Alive By Son' For Three Days / My Experience with a 419 friend !!! / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Soldier During Attack On Commercial Bus In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.