Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Is Blogging So Hard - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is Blogging So Hard (1343 Views)

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
So I'm a self taught digital marketer( still learning) and I thought to myself why don't I start a blog about digital marketing and learn more while blogging about it and earn money while doing it.

I thought it was going to be something easy but almost a year into it. I haven't earn a single dime, the good thing is I have learnt quite a lot about digital marketing.

But seriously speaking blogging is so hard and the fact that I don't even earn anything makes it even harder. I will have to write blog posts, make images, keyword research, blogger outreach for link building and a whole lot more.

Just producing one blog post is a whole lot of work and worst of it all Adsense is so frustrating. Have applied for close to 10 times and I keep getting rejected on basis of scrapped content. Just imagine after writing my content from scratch.

The good thing is I'm making progress a bit because I do get traffic from tier 1 countries like USA, Germany, Canada and tier 2 traffic like Pakistan, india( I run from nigerian traffic) but it's not much.

But the truth is blogging is damn hard, so so hard.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by WuzzyTech: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
It is but the rewards are high..... Your content might be written by u but it is similar with WATS already on the net that's Wat google is tryna tell u
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
WuzzyTech:
It is but the rewards are high..... Your content might be written by u but it is similar with WATS already know the net that's Wat google is tryna tell u

Ok, thanks.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by tempem: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
How mant posts so far?
What's the length of each post?
How do you arrange your post to give creativity?
Then, do you market your blog yourself.
How many views so far?
And lastly, how many views per day?
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by Donaeo: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
It's so hard because the web is saturated, almost all if not all major keywords have been taken over by big brands in each industry.

I've been into blogging and digital marketing for over 9 years and have been quite successful at it but back then it was way way easier to rank on Google. Now Google is quite unpredictable even if you do everything right except you're a big brand.

My advice: Do SEO as best as you can but dont depend on it, go for low competition keywords cos you wont win big brands. Channel part of your energy to other things especially building a brand that solves a problem or other things you have at least 70% control over because even if you manage to rank and make good money, there's the risk that Google will release an algorithm update and mess you up.

Goodluck
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by scoundrel(f): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Are you sure the traffic are real people and not bots? Do they drop comments? I don’t think blogging is a one-off thing, I believe it is a lifestyle. As such you should keep to it just like exercise or brushing your teeth.

If I decide to run a blog, I will make it a journal because try as I may to quit the habit, I keep myself coming back to it once in a while.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by cypher247: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
It's not that hard bro, you just might not be playing your cards right.

Re write your posts to at least 1k+ words with good quality images, make sure they are not copy and paste, then re apply for adsense. (I think that should do the trick)

Don't really know tho but I think your niche is highly competitive and already dominated by big brands which makes it difficult for you to create a space for yourself thus reason you're not getting traffic.

There are other good niches that can give you good results without much stress, but if you insist on DM then blog on low competition keywords (long tail) make as much quality posts as you can around those keywords, apply SEO techniques, then wait.

Blogging is not really hard as you think, you just have to try a bunch of things, triple down on what works for you and work really smart!
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by stanliwise(m): 7:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
xammax:
So I'm a self taught digital marketer( still learning) and I thought to myself why don't I start a blog about digital marketing and learn more while blogging about it and earn money while doing it.

I thought it was going to be something easy but almost a year into it. I haven't earn a single dime, the good thing is I have learnt quite a lot about digital marketing.

But seriously speaking blogging is so hard and the fact that I don't even earn anything makes it even harder. I will have to write blog posts, make images, keyword research, blogger outreach for link building and a whole lot more.

Just producing one blog post is a whole lot of work and worst of it all Adsense is so frustrating. Have applied for close to 10 times and I keep getting rejected on basis of scrapped content. Just imagine after writing my content from scratch.

The good thing is I'm making progress a bit because I do get traffic from tier 1 countries like USA, Germany, Canada and tier 2 traffic like Pakistan, india( I run from nigerian traffic) but it's not much.

But the truth is blogging is damn hard, so so hard.

it is not hard, patient is needed and you have to do it consistently for long while learning new things everyday. Then boom as piece of cake. It could be up to 2 or 3 years of consistent improvement.

But I guess you want everything to happen in a short while. That is hard bro
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by jdunamis: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
be clearer pls, what's the volume search on your keyword?
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2020
tempem:
How mant posts so far?
What's the length of each post?
How do you arrange your post to give creativity?
Then, do you market your blog yourself.
How many views so far?
And lastly, how many views per day?

Just 23 posts, I'm a student so I don't have the luxury of time. Average post length of 1500 words. Post are usually over a 1000 words. The latest post I just wrote was over 2000 words.

As for creativity, I'm quite good. I have written guest posts for US blogs that are ranking on the first page of google.

With regards to page views, not much just about 10 - 15 visitors per day and about 1000 page views per month. I only get more than if I just publish an article and promote it. After the promotion, nothing much. So am doubling down on my SEO efforts this corona period cause I need organic traffic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2020
scoundrel:
Are you sure the traffic are real people and not bots? Do they drop comments? I don’t think blogging is a one-off thing, I believe it is a lifestyle. As such you should keep to it just like exercise or brushing your teeth.

If I decide to run a blog, I will make it a journal because try as I may to quit the habit, I keep myself coming back to it once in a while.

Yeah, I do get comments about 73 comments in total on my blog which means my readers do like my posts.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 11:44am On Apr 06, 2020
cypher247:

Re write your posts to at least 1k+ words with good quality images, make sure they are not copy and paste, then re apply for adsense. (I think that should do the trick)

Don't really know tho but I think your niche is highly competitive and already dominated by big brands which makes it difficult for you to create a space for yourself thus reason you're not getting traffic.

There are other good niches that can give you good results without much stress, but if you insist on DM then blog on low competition keywords (long tail) make as much quality posts as you can around those keywords, apply SEO techniques, then wait.

Blogging is not really hard as you think, you just have to try a bunch of things, triple down on what works for you and work really smart!

You got me laughing, I'm in the digital marketing niche and I also know SEO, so I obviously know that posts below a 1000 words would hardly rank in such a niche. I have keywords ranking in page 2-10 in Google and my posts are over a 1000 words. The only mistake I made was targeting competitive keywords from beginning but I'm correcting that and it's yielding little by little.

Thanks for your advise.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by tempem: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2020
xammax:

Just 23 posts, I'm a student so I don't have the luxury of time. Average post length of 1500 words. Post are usually over a 1000 words. The latest post I just wrote was over 2000 words.

As for creativity, I'm quite good. I have written guest posts for US blogs that are ranking on the first page of google.

With regards to page views, not much just about 10 - 15 visitors per day and about 1000 page views per month. I only get more than if I just publish an article and promote it. After the promotion, nothing much. So am doubling down on my SEO efforts this corona period cause I need organic traffic.

Honestly, you are doing well. All you need is consistency and patience! Just think of a way you can bring uniqueness to each post, or a pattern you'll stick to which can't be found else where..

For example, think of what comes to people's mind when they think of your blog. Is it a place to get true facts, tips, ideas, information? Just think! Them carve contents to align with that authority you want to build.

Don't expect your reward to come rapidly. For now, think of building a brand, your investment will come if you are able to give value to people. It's best to be realistic.

A friend once told me that if in his first six months of blogging, he doesn't make N1000, he'll quit. Funny enough, young man's blog is more than 9 months now, yet hasn't made a penny. But tell you what? He's still enjoying blogging. He gets from 60-80 views per day. When asked if he feels like quiting, he said, he still want to build his authority now.. Money can come later... You can tap from him too.

Expect reward after about 1 year and a half of serious work!

Then, invest in Facebook ads perhaps after each post. 1k should do for a few days... Try that twice in a month.

Then, be sure you are given quality.. Shey you know that someone can really write a 3k words that won't give a reader any reason to come back to the blog?

Yet, a 1500 can give value..

Sha think of something you know people would find unique about your post.

Making money from Blogging takes time trust me.. But the benefit will certainly come.

For Organic traffic, do paid keyword research. Or use Mongo tool to know long tail keyword that have good search volume but low competition.. You can also carve a niche there, and be an authority..

Have fun, man...
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
tempem:

Honestly, you are doing well. All you need is consistency and patience! Just think of a way you can bring uniqueness to each post, or a pattern you'll stick to which can't be found else where..

For example, think of what comes to people's mind when they think of your blog. Is it a place to get true facts, tips, ideas, information? Just think! Them carve contents to align with that authority you want to build.

Don't expect your reward to come rapidly. For now, think of building a brand, your investment will come if you are able to give value to people. It's best to be realistic.

A friend once told me that if in his first six months of blogging, he doesn't make N1000, he'll quit. Funny enough, young man's blog is more than 9 months now, yet hasn't made a penny. But tell you what? He's still enjoying blogging. He gets from 60-80 views per day. When asked if he feels like quiting, he said, he still want to build his authority now.. Money can come later... You can tap from him too.

Expect reward after about 1 year and a half of serious work!

Then, invest in Facebook ads perhaps after each post. 1k should do for a few days... Try that twice in a month.

Then, be sure you are given quality.. Shey you know that someone can really write a 3k words that won't give a reader any reason to come back to the blog?

Yet, a 1500 can give value..

Sha think of something you know people would find unique about your post.

Making money from Blogging takes time trust me.. But the benefit will certainly come.

For Organic traffic, do paid keyword research. Or use Mongo tool to know long tail keyword that have good search volume but low competition.. You can also carve a niche there, and be an authority..

Have fun, man...

Thanks man, I'll keep working on the blog.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
cypher247:

You got me laughing, I'm in the digital marketing niche and I also know SEO, so I obviously know that posts below a 1000 words would hardly rank in such a niche. I have keywords ranking in page 2-10 in Google and my posts are over a 1000 words. The only mistake I made was targeting competitive keywords from beginning but I'm correcting that and it's yielding little by little.

Thanks for your advise.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by YankeeJJC(m): 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
hi! xammax reapply. remove all images on the website, you can re input it back after approval. AdSense money is sweet. that was how I was approved.

it's hard for them to know the source of the images so it makes the content looks stolen. avoid Focusing on Categories that are common, they have enough, nothing new so you can't be unique no matter how hard you try, my main focus then was "Travel Info On Tourism to Nigeria.

I got approved after spending years trying entertainment, it was already useless to me because I have already started YouTube channel, YouTube changed my story.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by xammax(m): 11:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
YankeeJJC:
hi! xammax reapply. remove all images on the website, you can re input it back after approval. AdSense money is sweet. that was how I was approved.

it's hard for them to know the source of the images so it makes the content looks stolen. avoid Focusing on Categories that are common, they have enough, nothing new so you can't be unique no matter how hard you try, my main focus then was "Travel Info On Tourism to Nigeria.

I got approved after spending years trying entertainment, it was already useless to me because I have already started YouTube channel, YouTube changed my story.

Thanks I'll try it and see what happens.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by Nichesiteseo(m): 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
Blogging is hard because people are not treating it like a business.

Sell your own damn products. Don’t monetize with ads. That’s a fools errand.

You will hear success stories about people marking thousands of dollars through Adsense but the truth is, it’s hard to pull off.

For every 1 person making it with the ad model, there are 1 million others failing and can’t even crack $1 a year.

You need a huge amount of traffic to make any meaningful amount of money if you are monetizing with ads.

That game is long outdated.

So what to do?

Sell your own damn product.

I have a client that started a blog around swimming pools. They sell swimming pools.

One sale makes them 5 million+ in profit.

They don’t need huge traffic to do this.

Last year they sold 2. Made 10m in pure profit.

Guess how many total unique visitors they had all through last year?

Less than a 5000.

Good luck making 10 million Naira with 5,000 unique visitors a year with Adsense.

TL;DR?

Step 1:

Find a very expensive product and create a landing page for it on your blog with persuasive copy.

Step 2:

Blog on topics related to your expensive product.

Step 3:

Promote those post and wait for SEO to kick in.

Step 4: Get paid.

This is how the big boys do it. Stop playing in the small league.
Re: Why Is Blogging So Hard by tempem: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
xammax:

Thanks man, I'll keep working on the blog.

How is it now?

(1) (Reply)

Appeal To Paypal / Linda Ikeji Is Losing Money From Her Popular Blog - See How / 10 New Sure Steps To Get Google Adsense Approval In No Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.