Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? (13263 Views)

Poll: Do you think that prices on the NSE are justified?

Yes I do: 22% (20 votes)
Not supported by Fundamentals: 19% (17 votes)
Who cares: 12% (11 votes)
Its called market forces: 31% (28 votes)
No I dont: 13% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Fraudster Dupes Girl Of N14,000 Inside Gtbank Lagos (photo) / Access Bank Offer: Caveat Emptor / Does Any Nigerian Bank Offer Maestro Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by formunt(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2007
ACCESS BANK IS A RISK AS ANY STOCK
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Proshareng: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2007
@bolaoni

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag (laugh)! It is a pleasure to read the comments here.

I appreciate the post from easimoni and all other post and pending when we finish our review of the offer there is a little note I will like to share with all.

The Technical Analyst for Proshare sent this response to the posts to me and I felt I should share with you, unedited,

I am getting the perception that a lot of Proshare readers and some investors do not really understand the impact of the reverse split on their Access Bank shares. Majority of the investor are unhappy of the reverse split and the run up in price prior to the announcement of the secondary offering. If you remember the share prices of UBA, Oceanic Bank , and Intercontinental Bank also surged before their offerings too.

The surge in the prices of these shares might have been intentional mop by the institutions, or smart investors buying the shares ahead of the offering to enable them sell into post secondary offering up swing. I believe that Proshare investors that read our recommendation to buy the N8.31 on February 7, 2007 should part of the latter group.

The problem I see is that we (i.e. Proshare and contributors to www.proshareng.com) must be careful and report the figures as we see them without being emotional or perceived by investors as being partial. A lot of investors are angry about the reverse split, but what they fail to understand is that the value of the shares they have post reverse split is greater than the value pre-reverse split.

To illustrate, an investor with 9,000 shares pre-split at N3 paid N27,000 (9000 x 3 = N27,000) for the shares. After the 2 for 1 reverse split, the investor received 4,500 share at N6 still valued N27,000 (4,500 shares x N6 = 27,000).

If the investor did not sell the 4,500 shares they received from the split, the shares are now worth N86,940 (4,500 shares x N19.32) a gain of N59,940 or 222% compared to the investor initial investment of N27,000. Even at the discounted offering price of N14.90, the investor is still making N40,050 or 148% profit post the reverse split.

Yes, a lot of investors are aggrieved that the company has not paid dividends in 3 years, but isn't this price appreciation better than the dividends?.

Like I usually say, the key lies in the numbers, we will crunch the prospectus and 2007 Accounts which I am informed has been approved by the regulatory body and visit the site again.

Till then, digest this and lets continue the healthy discourse.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by RoughCut(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2007
Access Bank offer to open next week

Pls read this ------->http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=2570

Apparently some unnamed foreign investors have deposited the sum of N31.8b for Access bank public share offer due to open next week
With the influx of foreign investors albeit a good development it means the market cap will increase and thus invariable increase efficiency but i suppose the question how long will it take before they start buying up all these institutions? for how long will the CBN continue to shield these banks i think they are questions worth pondering especially those active in the capital market
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Panadol(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2007
I will wait and see.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Panadol(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2007
Access Bank public offer – Application form & Prospectus link:

http://www.accessbankplc.com/minor.cfm?id=22
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Panadol(m): 3:40am On Jul 23, 2007
Access Bank Plc share offer opens today
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by atilla(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2007
If you are interested in Purchasing access bank shares please contact me and I can get the Application forms across to you.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Lagoschic: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
please how long will it be out for ?
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by atilla(m): 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2007
The offer started today and will be closing on the 29th of August.

Any other information please do not hesitate to ask. If you are interested please contact me.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Lagoschic: 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2007
which broker is i nthe house pls holla at me imean put ur email up and i will contact u cos i am interested in buying some and can use ur link
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by atilla(m): 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2007
@ LagosChic

If you are interested in Purchasing access bank shares please contact me and I can get the Application forms across to you.

My name is Ade please contact me on 01-8908297
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Lagoschic: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2007
ADE i emailed u but it bounced back are u a stock broker and are u based in lagos please ?
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by atilla(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hi sorry please try again I made a mistake in my email address don't mind me. the previous one was missing one character

sorry about that.

I work in a stockbrocking company called Citi Investment Capital we are located at 47a Glover Road Ikoyi,

We are one of the Recieving agents to the Offer.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by menka(f): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hello guys,
i have intention of buying this access bank share but got confused after reading landers opinion. i have never bought one but really want to utilize this opportunity but infact i dont know can someone explain to me whether to go or not. i had in mind to go for cash craft assessment management and only to be discouraged.
please i need explaination before i used my money.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Gettolove(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2007
@menka

I would advise you to split your money into 2, buy some of access and some of cach craft asset mgt. may be 70:30 in favour of access bank.

@ POST

This is the first time i am reading a thread post by post. It is very interesting and also analytical. I noticed that some people did not understand what it means to either reduce the value of share and increase its units (share consolidation) or reduce the units and increase the value(share split)., A company most time take this step to correct some problems or re position itself. However, if a company splits or consolidates its shares, i do not think shareholders have been ripped because an exra ordinary meeting must have been held to get the approval of shareholders before they take those decisions.

The gurus in the house have analysed the ratios and the determinants of buying any shares which i believe is very important for anyone to consider before buying shares, but we must not forget that all these are just expectaions and not facts because no smart analyst forsaw the magnitude of trading which take plce on our floor today. grin sOluDoloUs

Verdict

I think buying this shares goes beyond just buying, it depends on my intension or plans. It is a very good buy for long term purpose, not even the discount or whatever because there is less RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CURRENT PRICE OF THE BANK AND ITS PERFORMANCE IN THE LAST ONE YEAR.

I bought a large units of INTERCONTINENTAL BANK last year @ 13.5k, although the certificte is yet to be posted, I can decide to keep such shares for the next 10 years even if i wont add more units to it.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Icon4s(m): 12:56am On Jul 24, 2007
Guys, I intend to secure a loan @ 70% interest rate per annum to buy this ACCESS BANK Shares.Pls what do you advice.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by abocana: 2:12am On Jul 24, 2007
hi guys,i will like the guru in the house to help me out with this advise.it very urgent!

i've 600,000naira to invest on two companies Access bank and Dangote flour.i don't know how to share the quanity amount.

I will like to buy more of any that will gives me good return on a medium term( 2-3yrs).

I need a urgent answer because i will be sending the cheque by courier tomorrow to nigeria.i will download the form and send it back.
OR can i wait and put all the money on dangote flour and any other stock coming out soon.

Most of my friends here in canada are confused about this access bank share, we need your help please,

ANY REASONABLE ADVISE OF ACCESS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks guys.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Panadol(m): 2:28am On Jul 24, 2007
I'm not sure myself.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by easimoni(m): 5:55am On Jul 24, 2007
Icon4s:

Guys, I intend to secure a loan @ 70% interest rate per annum to buy this ACCESS BANK Shares.Please what do you advice.

From Shylock? don't even think about it. You cannot guarantee that Access will do more than 70% in the next year. Past performance is no indication of the future.

@ Abocana, I'd put it all in Access. If you must buy a PO (I don't like them), Access has an outstanding growth rate. We can't say the same about Dang Flour until we see the prospectus.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Tmoni(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2007
i think i would sell after the offer then eventually buy back later when the price stabilises,
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by calyx: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2007
I thank Nairalanders who have been getting in touch with me for investment in Access bank shares.I also ask other Nairalanders who have concluded their analysis and resolved to invest in Access bank to please contact me through;

I don't want to unduely interfer with our different opinions on investment in Access bank but I know that a company who
could go all the way to ensure that excellence and ethics is highly maintained by her work force combined with a crop of
well trained, highly selected performers has only positive results to achieve.
Personally I have decided that having to work as hard as I do, almost having my life controlled by the work,my relatives
also will stand to reap the benefits of my hardwork.
You also have an opportunity to take part in this offer today,  afterall we are still brethren in Nairaland.

please mail or call me so you can buy from me. Just like with our customers, the investor- contacts you make is an appraisal mark for the staff of the bank.

Thank you.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by joshO: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2007
Need 100,000 units of Access bank shares. Any takers?
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by calyx: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Josh0

I will take it gratefully.just a call or email and i will come find you.
Am waiting.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by atilla(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
Josho

If you are interested in Purchasing access bank shares please contact me and I can get the Application forms across to you. I work in a stock broking firm and we are one of the recieving agents to the offer.

My name is Ade and my email address is or alternatively please contact me on 01-8908297

Take it easy.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by calyx: 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ atilla

Am sorry i dont know how this sounds but besides the 9 issuing houses that are offering Access bank shares, I could not find Citi Investment Capital amongst all the 25 banks and 186 receiving agents that are collecting for investors.

Now, it could be that your name was mistakenly left off the prospectus and besides that, I know you can still collect as a stockbroking firm but it wont be too good if we appear like the intent is not originally to make Nairalanders see reasons why the investment is a good one.

Am sure that if all Nairalanders that are interested decide to buy through us, I will surely meet my target and am sure you will get reasonable commission too. So we take it easy.
One Love.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by SOJ(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2007
My guys (and babes),there is absolutely no need to make fundamental analysis of access bank.their share price moved up based simply on market forces and no more.there is no calculation anyone can make to support its current price and possible upward movement.look at trends in the sector,access is close to its peak and other banks that have stronger fundamentals and are in the same price ring with access could do more.access might reach N20-22 and no more then it would most likely drop as soon as people start to cash in on their profits.for now,the bullish trend experienced by the market would be sustained;at least till the end of the year, look elsewhere for profitable share movement in the banking sector.but if u r content with a N4-8 increase,then go ahead.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by easimoni(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ SOJ,
"no need to make fundamental analysis"? Famous last words!
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by calyx: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2007
Maybe you look at this attachment.

Goodluck.

Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by AtamMan(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2007
@Everyone,
Please can anybody here confirm if Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede (CEO of Access Bank Plc) is a relative of the late Frank Aig-Imoukhuede of Vanguard Newpapers? And please, how are they related? Kind thanks for all replies
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Panadol(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2007
29 days left.
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by Temmie10(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2007
@ SOJ, Have you had a look at the prospectus at all?
Re: Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest? by SOJ(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2007
nope. dont need to.i dont do PO's.i'll wait for the sec market o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today! / My Unfortunate Experience With Geegpay Africa / Intercontinental Group Threatens To Pull Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.