Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Nigeria Movies Costumes And Makeups = Ghetto Style - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Movies Costumes And Makeups = Ghetto Style (3885 Views)

Shocking Transformations (Costumes) Of Nollywood Actresses-pics / Who Are Your Best Nigeria Actors/actress And What Your Best Nigeria Movies? / Nigeria Movies: Which Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Movies Costumes And Makeups = Ghetto Style by Cactus(m): 3:48am On Jun 06, 2007
I have watched my fair share of nigerian movies since i can remember. I always wonder with the rate of movies being produced in nigeria, isnt anybody sensible enough to make the slightest of change which is costume and make up.

It seems to me the all movies follow similar costume and makeup trends.

Women

Dark makeup = lipstick, eyeshadow, nails
Tight clothes
unrealistic color combinations
over the top mannerism
ghetto queens ( dressing like working girls)
and many more

men

bright colored clothes
always picking up chicks on the road by chance. ( i dont know the guys name but very popular, in more that 4 movies i watch where he acted, he picked up a chick by the road, while he is walking or driving
and many more

simply making changes to costume and makeup definitely changes the feel of a movie. what are the job responsibilities of a movie director in nigeria? Do they have eyes to see how the characters r dressed or how they look? Though it is going to cost more money, but it is going to improve the quality and standard compared to what is being offered now. I hope someone will realize this simple things really make a huge difference in watching a movie.

If anybody knows a movie director or part of a movie crew, kindly elaborate on the methods they pick characters, auditioning, costume assignment and makeup artists.
Re: Nigeria Movies Costumes And Makeups = Ghetto Style by denex: 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2007
I work in production in the Music video production sector of Nigeria. You must admit that some Nigerian Music Videos are by far better than any Nigerian home video. even of better quality than those master P's No Limit home videos.
We'll soon take the movie industry by storm and kick these whack ass punks out. It's just that we're taking time to acquire new equipment, instill new work ethics, breed new actors and acquire new innovative script.

Imagine a situation where a 5 minute music video takes 2 days to shoot in Nigeria, meanwhile a 1 hour home video takes 9 days.
A 5 minute music video spends 4 months in post production while a 1 hour homevideo spends 2 weeks in "cut and paste".
Re: Nigeria Movies Costumes And Makeups = Ghetto Style by Cactus(m): 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2007
There was a movies i saw recently alleged it took 9weeks to shoot. and I think as u mentioned they just cut and paste. I dont think they did any post editing. Also audio quality is bad but some are good. The worst movies u cannot even see the characters' faces it is horrible.

In regards to the music video. definitely music video production are by far better than movies. Good quality and editing.

The first company to really get good quality cameras and tools, with great scripts not all these yeye stuff will really make a killing. also the concept of going to watch in cinema before releasing on movie media(dvd or vcd) should be embraced.

The biggest is making character more people should be used in movies not same characters. You can count more than 20 movies that have 5 or more characters from similar movies in them. I have only seen one chick that really impresses me and I think she has great potential. she was in the movie about a stepfather sleeping with her stepdaughter and getting her pregnant on her birthday. they ended up killing the stepfather. the chick is light in complexion, well spoken with good command of english and nice accent and she dressed well.

Younger people from all across the country should be looking into this to make it in the business. many of the people currently being used i dont like any of them.

Is it because of the costs involved or the time requirement that they spend so little time on editing and post production work?

I am waiting to see Nigerian documentaries, true-life stories, biographies, history movies, war movies (biafra). these are other things that companies can do to expand the audience.

The funniest thing is that creating relative decent production work is not expensive and is not difficult these days. There are many short movies on youtube that are great with awesome editing. highschool students producing great movie concept.

I have short clips that I have captured with normal point and shoot camera and they have great sound quality and picture quality is great for the method of shooting. It is just incredible people are not embracing technology fast enough.

(1) (Reply)

Watch 'Mammy Water' Movie Online / Which 2015 Series Really Caught Your Attention? / Downloading JUMONG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.