Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

How The Nigerian Government Is Supposed To Deal With The Coronavirus Crisis. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How The Nigerian Government Is Supposed To Deal With The Coronavirus Crisis. (286 Views)

Please Who Is Supposed To Name A New Born Baby? / Prophet TB Joshua’s Corpse Is Not Supposed To Be Buried In The Ground But Preser / 15 People You Will Meet At Filling Station During Fuel Crisis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Nigerian Government Is Supposed To Deal With The Coronavirus Crisis. by uneeking(m): 10:04am On Apr 06, 2020
I wish to use this medium to offer practical advice to the Nigerian Government and well-wishers on the issue of handling the Coronavirus issue in the country.
At this point in time, the leaders and well-wishers of this country need to think out of the box. Copy and Paste attitude will not help us now as it had never helped before. So, what would I have done as the President of the country and/or a well-wisher in this situation?

1. Constitute a group of the best brains in the country in the Medical, Engineering, Pharmaceutical and Creative Arts Industry to sit down and come out with the best methods to apply in the fight against this pandemic. We will be surprised to see what will come out of such a meeting.

2. As a well to do Nigerian, I will not donate money to the Federal Government. It does not have enough patriotic Nigerians in its fold to make judicious use of such funds without embezzling it. Instead of that, I will invest the money in helping the government solve pertinent challenges that are needed to make the fight against the virus much easier.
Challenges such as how to get a realistic database of at least 150 million Nigerians that can be given monetary and material palliatives during the lock-down period. This is not as difficult as people are making it to look. All we need here is some creativity. That is why Creative Artists were mentioned in the group mentioned above.

3. As a well to do Nigerian, I will invest my money in the mass production of re-usable nose masks, hand gloves, sanitizers and related materials in order to help block the selfish interests of those unpatriotic Nigerians who are hiking the prices of these materials.

4. As a well to do Nigerian, I will invest money in organising local awareness programs at the grass roots level to help educate and convince the people there of the dangers of this virus and why it is necessary to follow the government's instructions.

5. As a well to do Nigerian, I will help build isolation centers in my community as well as help provide needed medical items in the primary health centers in my immediate community and where possible the neighbouring ones.

These are just a few things that real patriotic Nigerians should be doing at this point in time. There are of course, more that can be done if we all think out of the box. Electricity, Water Supply, Hand Sanitizers and a whole lot more.
And very importantly, never underrate any Nigerian and his or her contributions at this point in time. THIS IS NO TIME FOR DIVISIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE POLITICKING!
God Bless Nigeria.

Kingsley Akpojiyovhi Ohwotemu Eseh.
Re: How The Nigerian Government Is Supposed To Deal With The Coronavirus Crisis. by Shelumiel: 10:11am On Apr 06, 2020
Mr man. None of the above suggestions can work under the circumstances. Why? Because Nigerians and their leaders have never taken anything of relevance serious: be it political, social or academical. And now that death is knocking at our door, our only hope lies in the hands of the Almighty.
Re: How The Nigerian Government Is Supposed To Deal With The Coronavirus Crisis. by uneeking(m): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2020
That is a defeatist way of thinking. The Almighty will not come down to do what He has given us brains to know how to do.

(1) (Reply)

Enextgen Wireless Breaks Down How 5G Network Works / Where Do You Get Your News From? How Accurate Is It? / COVID-19 Palliative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.