Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

7 Things You Must Do To Sign A Record Deal In Naija - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 7 Things You Must Do To Sign A Record Deal In Naija (222 Views)

Am I Qualify For A Record Label Deal? / Get Signed To A Record Label Today / Get Signed To A Record Label Today With Sparkling Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things You Must Do To Sign A Record Deal In Naija by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
First and foremost, when you think about a record deal, think about a group of business men with capital who are desperately in need of a commodity or product to buy and sell in order to make so much profit.

Now consider yourself, the artiste, as that commodity or product, and always be reminded of the fact that, there is no business man on this earth who would buy a commodity or product he has already seen as unfit or not good, therefore you must be guided by this 7 principles, if a record deal is really what you are seeking for in your musical career.

Back in 2013, I decided to set up a small home recording studio in my own bedroom apartment, so with the little resources I had, I purchased few equipment’s and in no time began to make beats.

My initial plan was to make my small studio an independent recording studio i.e. a studio where I can produce just my own music; but when other upcoming artiste in my environment heard that I had opened a recording studio, they started coming around and before I knew it we were producing music both for myself and other upcoming artiste.

Nevertheless, we had one challenge, and that was how to make a quality sound production.

I remember I had no sound card, which is very important for getting that clean sound, but we were managing the internal sound card of the system unit.

As God would have it, I was able with time to raise money and purchase quality equipment’s, plus my friend Los Jigi brought for me quality sound record systems from Lagos. After having good sound production, I began to lose interest in making my own music, so I concentrated more on being paid by upcoming artiste to make music; but the problem I had was that, those artistes were always unable to raise a reasonable amount of money for their production; all of them were looking to produce a track with 5,000 naira.

I thought of ways to make the business work out but to no avail, until one day it dawned on me that I should gather some artiste that are good and start a record label. And for that reason I began to surf the web looking for articles to read in order to understand the ways and means I will go about running a record label.

In the course of my research, one of the areas I was more concerned with was what record labels really look out for in an artiste before signing him.

Now even though I am yet to raise the money for financing the artist I am going to sign into my label, I thought it wise to gather the knowledge I gained as a potential record label owner and use this medium to enlighten artiste here in Nigeria and anywhere else in the world on the 7 things they must do if they want to get a record deal which are:

1. Make good music

2. Shoot a music video

3. Enroll in music contest

4. Perform in gigs

5. Promote your music

6. Grow your social media fan base

7. Be wary of scammers claiming to be record label agents

The full explanation of this article can be read by following this link https://blog.freestylevideoz.com/2020/03/02/7-things-you-must-do-to-sign-a-record-deal-in-naija/

(1) (Reply)

Audio Compressor Controls / How ILL Bliss Passed The Test Of Time - Written By Amechi Okoli / Video Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.