Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote (1106 Views)

Poll: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?

Yes: 50% (3 votes)
Kick him out for good: 33% (2 votes)
Cancel the divorce because he is old: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Senior Care And Caregiver Support With Dignity And Compassion / Compassion For Children / Seminar On Understanding And Compassion For intimate Deviants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 3:06am On Jan 02, 2011
By Success Nwogu
Thursday, 23 Dec 2010

A 73-year-old pensioner, Mr. Moses Ogunboshi, shocked an Ikorodu Customary Court when he pleaded with the court to prevail on his wife, Mrs. Adejoke Ogunboshi, to partition their bedroom and allow him to live there if she does not want to marry him any longer.

He said, “I am a pensioner and an old man. Though I also contributed money when the house was being built, the house belongs to Adejoke and I have been living there. I have no other place to live if she divorces me. I appeal to the court to please appease Adejoke so that she does not divorce me.

“However, if she does not want me anymore, she should partition our master bedroom so that I will live in one part of the room. All I want is for Adejoke to let me live in peace in the matrimonial home, which belongs to her though I also contributed as well.”

He said his son abroad regularly sent money for his upkeep, adding that Adejoke rejected the money sent to her by his step son under the pretext that the money was meant to charm her.

Adejoke had dragged Moses to the court seeking the dissolution of their 28-year- old marriage, which had produced four children.

Adejoke, a 48-year-old trader, who lives in New Town, Ikorodu, Lagos, had at the commencement of the hearing accused Moses of frequently beating her and threatening her life.

She said, “Eight days before this year’s Eid-el Kabir, he threatened and swore to kill me with a cutlass. I was lucky to escape with my daughter, Funmilayo. Also in 2008, Moses threatened me with a knife without any provocation. He repeated the same act in 2009.

“I had to abandon my house for three weeks to live outside. When family members intervened, I respected them and returned to the house, but Moses’s attitude did not change. My life is in danger, so I have no more interest in the marriage.”

However, Moses denied threatening Adejoke’s life with a cutlass, saying that the five cutlasses in his possession belonged to his stepson, who is a land speculator.

The cutlass was shown to the court as an exhibit.

The Acting President of the court, Mr. Nosiru Isiaka, on Monday dissolved the marriage after parties failed to reconcile.
Source:www.punchontheweb.com
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 3:17am On Jan 02, 2011
Moses denied threatening Adejoke’s life with a cutlass, saying that the five cutlasses in his possession belonged to his stepson, who is a land speculator.

The cutlass was shown to the court as an exhibit.

grin grin grin grin

I vote to partition the room and give Adejoke three of the cutlasses, power must be shared equally! angry
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 3:43am On Jan 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

grin grin grin grin

I vote to partition the room and give Adejoke three of the cutlasses, power must be shared equally! angry

The cutlasses are not marital property. Wetin dey worry you?.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 4:14am On Jan 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

The cutlasses are not marital property. Wetin dey worry you?.

Yes, but a cutlass in the hands of an angry man is an instrument of power and control, it must be shared too, Where is the love?  cheesy
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

Yes, but a cutlass in the hands of an angry man is an instrument of power and control, it must be shared too, Where is the love?  cheesy

A cutlass in the hands of angry woman nko?.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by ifyalways(f): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2011
lmao . . .are we so weak(women) that a 73 year old man can and wud still threaten physically a 48 yr old woman?
@Topic,Regardless of the allegation,man has a son abroad,the son can afford to get him an alternative accommodation.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

A cutlass in the hands of angry woman nko?.

An insurance policy? A deterrent?
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 4:20am On Jan 04, 2011
Which kin insurance be that?. If the man hasn't killed her all these years with the cutlass, then he is less likely to do it. I say, lets allow him keep the cutlasses.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by OAM4J: 5:27am On Jan 04, 2011
Kilode?!:

An insurance policy? A deterrent?

I think the cutlasses are more of life insurance for the 73yr old man and might be a weapon of instant-destruction in the hand of the 48yr old woman  grin

If my maths is still OK, then the man married the lady when she was 20 and he was 45. . . interesting!
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2011
I still insist we give Adejoke 3 cutlasses, a sex-starved man at any age is a dangerous man, cheesy read Adejoke below

Moses[b] threatened me with a knife without any provocation[/b]. He repeated the same act in 2009.

I can compromise on 2 cutlasses each for both, we can leave the fifth one in court.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by mafolayomi(f): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
funny pple grin grin grin
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Blazay(m): 4:29am On Jan 05, 2011
28 years of marriage, 4 children. . . one master bedlam. cry

Retirement package=1 raggedly curtain to partition one master bedroom.

God dey sha!

Their miracle is on the way. . . !!!

cry cry cry cry cry

I don't care how they do it. . . there is domestic violence in this marriage and both are not comfortable with each other.
Divorce or not. . .a separation is necessary, till they can both learn to respect themselves and eachother. . . in love or not!

All these young girls that marry old men kpa kpa!
Of what use are you as a woman if you cannot control your man and vice versa to work together after 28 years? undecided
After 28 years, why should they be sleeping in the same room in the first place?
Something is definitely wrong with this couple.
Geri-kids!
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kilode?!:

I still insist we give Adejoke 3 cutlasses, a sex-starved man at any age is a dangerous man, cheesy read Adejoke below

I can compromise on 2 cutlasses each for both, we can leave the fifth one in court.

Ditto. Men behave like bulls when they are sex starved. They are very pathetic creatures.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by playmate(f): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
LMAO at posts. grin grin grin
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Ditto. Men behave like bulls when they are sex starved. They are very pathetic creatures.

I hope you are male, because only men are permitted to make such statements. angry
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 4:15am On Jan 06, 2011
Kilode?!:

I hope you are male, because only men are permitted to make such statements.  angry

Says who? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 4:40am On Jan 06, 2011
^The man. angry
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by aloyemeka1: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
Are you the man?.
Re: Should She Partition Her Bedroom On Compassion?: Vote by Kilode1: 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
I am He angry

All men = The Man

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Husbands / The Breaking Point! When Should You Leave? / Is Childless Marriage Not A Problem ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.