Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (50192 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by iamcapela: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ Overloved, here is another email to buttress my point

Dear Applicant,

It means that Nigerian applicants are eligible to apply but they do not have possibility to participate in entrance examinations.

Br,

Juha Vierola
d.psalms: Dear Applicant,

Unfortunately Nigerian applicants will not be invited to Ghana in spring 2012. Nigerian applicants will be invited to Finland. More information at: http://www.puv.fi/en/prospective_degree_students/applying/entrance_examinations/

Best Regards,

Juha Vierola (Mr.)

Admissions Coordinator

Admissions Office

Vaasa UAS

juha.vierola@vamk.fi

Description: Description: VAMK_logo+slogan_CMYK_
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2011
@iamcapela @overloved this is actually true,first i thought u had d wrong info until i contacted novia UAS concerning ur claims and they confirmed it saying "finnips hav decided to reduce d num of neighbouring countries invitations will b sent to,and that therefore all nigerian applicant will instead b invited for entrance exam in finland" really some bad news cos it wil b extremely difficult to get a visa for exams dont u think?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by fateavon4u(f): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
Totally B.S,screwing some pple plans.so unfair if this is true.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 8:49am On Nov 11, 2011
i have comfirmed the information posted earlier concerning the restrictions of nigerian student participating in finnips entrance exam to be held in GH to be true and not false. a bad news for intending applicant, and i know the reputations of our student here has cause these who has turn it as a business to smuggle illiterates to the schengen zone that calls for alarm when they cant speak in class or operate just a computer like restarting and the rest of them. WTF, sorry for the genuine applicant.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ame2407: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2011
Hi over loved,

Could you pls check your mail box ?i had sent you the mail as requested .
Await your swift response.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by callygood: 10:13am On Nov 11, 2011
@ All applicants,

I think there is still a possibility for the exams to be taken in Nigeria. This possibility is not a confirmed information. I was told by someone that some people did the entrance exam at the Finnish embassy in Abuja while some did theirs at British council this year. Now, it all depends on the school and course you have chosen.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by iamcapela: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
@Cally good

@ All applicants,

I think there is still a possibility for the exams to be taken in Nigeria. This possibility is not a confirmed information. I was told by someone that some people did the entrance exam at the Finnish embassy in Abuja while some did theirs at British council this year. Now, it all depends on the school and course you have chosen.

Thanks for this email, but can you please talk to this person to ask about the schools that writes their entrance exams at the Finnish Embasy or The British Council so we can apply to those schools too, This is worrisome, If the Finnips-networks people decides to do this to we the genuine ones then it's a real heart break, thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
@callygood i thnk wot u can do for us is to findout exactly wot skuls and courses were made available dis year for entrance exams and also if dey plan to do thesame in next year's entrance.
that simple info will b very crucial. please ooo!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by callygood: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2011
The issue is this. Every school is currently updating their website regarding the next admission intake. Requirement varies depending on each schools. You just have to give it a little patience for others to come out with their requirement. I will try to find out about the schools that did their entrance exam at the embassy and british council.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by doughng: 9:25am On Nov 12, 2011
@Everyone,
The application this year was swelling and they've got to verify all info intently-so patience!. I'll advise you all cross-check with your respective schools if you can still join in anytime till January, mid-academic year.
Reason: the moment you accepted the offer, you were automatically enrolled present for the 2011/12 session. If you refuse to show up at their set deadlines, the system will delete your admission.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by overloved(m): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
doyghng.

seriously, i did not understand what you are trying to say in your previous post on this page. what are you talking about? are you talking about the entrance exam that will not be held in ghana for nigerian student or what? pls talk in details. no offence pls
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by doughng: 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
@overloved,
There're 4 periods in 1 academic year, and the schools are almost in the middle of second period. After you were granted admission, you're supposed to either enroll present or absent(i.e. defer your admission till the next session). When you notified your school that you've accepted the admission, they automatically enrolled you present for that academic year 2011/12, unless you specifically notify them otherwise. If you enroll absent, Immigration wont issue you a visa for that year, until the year you enroll present-meaning you cant enter Finland unless you enroll present.
If immigration is delaying your visa, and your school have a deadline for resumption, and it seems you wont be meeting that deadline, its better you enroll absent otherwise your school will think you're not coming again. So best thing to do: contact your school, explain your situation with the embassy, and ask if there's a deadline. Hope you now understand ? Good luck!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cydophobia(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ choose4me pls this is my email abassido4u@yahoo.com.it is very urgent.Thank you
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Lucy001(f): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2011
this guys wanna tighten up stuff up for Nigerians,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by cluzdcobra(m): 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2011
anybody with positive info on entrance exam for 2012 shuld post it,abeg ooo!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by fateavon4u(f): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2011
@ cluzdcobra,longest time.frm d look of this thread since last wk,its so obvious dat no one has any valid info YET,bt lets wait till 1st wk of december to c if we cn get info frm sch websites.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by kcluv2men(m): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ekos- Hi nice one here, I am still an undergraduate and i want to inquire if UAS or unis in Finland Offer free tuition for msc programmes.I would love to apply after my schooling here in Naija.And have you gotten your RP yet?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by callygood: 6:06am On Dec 02, 2011
@prospective applicants to Finnish UAS,

The best advice for you now is to forget about applying to the UAS who are under the FINNIPS. I called Kemi-Tornio admissions office yesterday and I was told that the FINNIPS are trying to give some other nationalities the chance to study in the UAS. The UAS has more Nigerian applicants. Therefore Nigerian applicants will not be invited to Ghana for the entrance exam. I believe this is just an excuse to remove Nigerian applicants from the programme. You should see the number of Chinese, Nepalese and Vietnamese students in my school. She categorically told me that there will be no issuance of visa for those who will be coming to Finland to write the exam.
My advice is that you look for universities that are not under FINNIPS who can write there exams online or else where rather than Finland.

1 Like

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by kcluv2men(m): 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2011
@Callygood

Okay,hmmmm that's really bad men.
Please do you know anything about the masters programme?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2012
please bro am in cyprus i want to know if i can apply as an undergraduate too and the requirement tooo
choose4me: @ Imeobong,

If you are going for masters, Please visit universityadmissions.fi and read EVERYTHING you need to know even before you register for Toefl, They might be different from Undergraduate like I told you earlier, please read through first oooooo, Its very important.

The two people already in Finland that are giving me info are HND holders but they applied for Undergraduate courses.Please note that they are Polytechnics and they award a Bachelors Degree.So I think its a plus for you,

If you want to go for Post graduate, I am sorry there isnt much I can do to help, You will have to do read and find info yourself but if you are going for undergraduate I will do my best because my God's grace I know all the steps, With the help of those already there and much reading,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
please friends am a student of E.M.U in north cyprus please i want to apply for the school in finland please i want to also know if there is job there as a student....
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by originality: 4:36am On Apr 13, 2012
ik.swiss:
please friends am a student of E.M.U in north cyprus please i want to apply for the school in finland please i want to also know if there is job there as a student....
@ iK swiss am sorry my question is a little off point,my cousin is making plans to come study at your school EMU IN FAMAGUSTA and i have some questions please can i get your email?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 13, 2012
this my mail {ikemun@yahoo.com}
originality: @ iK swiss am sorry my question is a little off point,my cousin is making plans to come study at your school EMU IN FAMAGUSTA and i have some questions please can i get your email?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by yemmyma: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
ik.swiss:

Does your school have exchange programme with other EU countries for instance Finland? If there is, why don't you apply for exchange and when you get to Finland you try to tell the department if you can become a permanent student? Is not assured though. But if you have a job in Finland, might not be bad. And where you get jobs sometimes depend on where your school is.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by danykins: 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2012
@choose4me buddy i wana ask you something please add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/danykins i wana ask you about how to go to finland after olevels
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by judebeyou: 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
@choose4me, I am a ghanaian.
You could add me on facebook.com/judebeyou
I have to discuss with you.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by omidan21: 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
ik.swiss:

Pls Mr.why u wanna leave EMU.I thought dey said EMU in cyprus is one of d best en lots of opportunities are abound.pls be sincere en give reasons why u wanna leave cyprus cause I intend starting my EMU applicatn ASAP.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ChiFin: 1:51am On Oct 27, 2012
You're doing a great job. I'll check out the site 4 post-graduate studies. Thanks.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
PLEASE BROTHERS AM SCHOOLING IN TURKEY NOW PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY BODY GOT A CLUE OF ANY SCHOOL IN GERMANY,FINLAND,SWEDEN AND NORWAY I CAN TRANSFER..PLEASE HELP NEEDED ASAP
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by solomonjesus: 1:19am On Oct 28, 2012
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"Slow Down, Bomb Ahead": Signpost Spotted In Bauchi / Update On Anambra International Cargo Airport (Photos ) / Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.