Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (50232 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 02, 2011
If you're interested in studying in Finland this autumn then lets do it together here.The Joint application officially opens January 3rd till Mid February.

Here are the requirements:

TOEFL Score of 79 or IELTS 6.0 Minimum.
Secondary School original Certificate or Higher if you're going for masters.

Check admissions.fi for full info, Read through the "Admission Practicalities" and you'll be ok.

Any questions should be posted here and we'll help each other out in the best way we can.I am applying myself so I'm not an agent or anything.NO AGENTS,ADVERTS OR PRIVATE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE.ITS DO IT YOURSELF!!! All questions will be addressed openly.Its a very simple process if you follow the procedures carefully,

Lets do it Guys, God's Willing we shall have testimonies like that of the Swedish,Canadian,British and American Study permit threads, Good Luck Everyone!!! smiley
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Imeobong(m): 6:14am On Jan 02, 2011
@ choose4me 

Thanks guy, pls link me up with the TOEFL guy. Also, I will like to ask: I have HND in Business Admin & Mgt & will like to apply for Post Graduate Programm. What are my option please?.
Thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2011
Sure, you'll have to call him and its not nice to drop his number here.drop your full name so i'll search you on facebook or email then i'll give you his number.i think your option is masters which i dont know much about and i'm not so sure the application time is thesame as undergraduate's.check admissions.fi and look under masters program.you'll be better informed there,

1 Like

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Imeobong(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
^^
Thanks: Here is my email: imeiquoho@yahoo.com. I am also on fbk
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by tollu: 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2011
Subscribing
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2011
@imeobong, ok i'll add ya.
@tollu, welcome on board,
@all, first step is to get your toefl score of 79 upwards, must be done this month so it wont be late,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ Imeobong,

If you are going for masters, Please visit universityadmissions.fi and read EVERYTHING you need to know even before you register for Toefl, They might be different from Undergraduate like I told you earlier, please read through first oooooo, Its very important.

The two people already in Finland that are giving me info are HND holders but they applied for Undergraduate courses.Please note that they are Polytechnics and they award a Bachelors Degree.So I think its a plus for you,

If you want to go for Post graduate, I am sorry there isnt much I can do to help, You will have to do read and find info yourself but if you are going for undergraduate I will do my best because my God's grace I know all the steps, With the help of those already there and much reading,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 03, 2011
Hi everyone, application has started, Go to admissions.fi to apply, I would have applied today but I have a question to ask my first choice school so I'll apply as soon as I get a reply,

Get in Peeps, Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Imeobong(m): 8:53am On Jan 03, 2011
choose4me:

@ Imeobong,

If you are going for masters, Please visit universityadmissions.fi and read EVERYTHING you need to know even before you register for Toefl, They might be different from Undergraduate like I told you earlier, please read through first oooooo, Its very important.

The two people already in Finland that are giving me info are HND holders but they applied for Undergraduate courses.Please note that they are Polytechnics and they award a Bachelors Degree.So I think its a plus for you,   If you want to go for Post graduate, I am sorry there isnt much I can do to help, You will have to do read and find info yourself but if you are going for undergraduate I will do my best because my God's grace I know all the steps, With the help of those already there and much reading,

@choose4me 

Please what level did your friends that are already in Finland admitted into? Was it from year 1 or year 3? Please let me know, though I have already sent a mail to universityadmission.fi. I will update the forum of thier responce, as I know it will help others that might be in need of such info later.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 03, 2011
choose4me:

Hi everyone, application has started, Go to admissions.fi to apply, I would have applied today but I have a question to ask my first choice school so I'll apply as soon as I get a reply,

Get in Peeps, Good Luck!

They started from year 1.If you are applying to a polytechnic.You MUST use your O Level Result.No other qualification is allowed not even Bsc or Hnd.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 04, 2011
Nice one. . .
@choose4me
add me on facebook. Omo Yoruba smiley
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 04, 2011
jassie:

Nice one. . .
@choose4me
add me on facebook. Omo Yoruba smiley

Bros, Omo Yoruba on fb came up with so many results ooo, Email will be better, If you have questions or contributions though please feel free to share it here so others can benefit as well,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 04, 2011
phililex@yahoo.com, thats my addy.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 04, 2011
As regards TOEFL in Lagos, the earliest exam date is Feb. 5 on their website.

Could you suggest any reputable registration center/link? online payment might be an issue for most people here.

@all
All copies of transripts must be certified by a legal institution (high court for example) before sending them over to the 1st choice institution. Don't forget that you MUST send the original copy of your O Level result and not photocopy.

Good luck everyone.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2011
jassie:

As regards TOEFL in Lagos, the earliest exam date is Feb. 5 on their website.

Could you suggest any reputable registration center/link? online payment might be an issue for most people here.

@all
All copies of transripts must be certified by a legal institution (high court for example) before sending them over to the 1st choice institution. Don't forget that you MUST send the original copy of your O Level result and not photocopy.

Good luck everyone.

I did mine at FirstLogic Ikeja.Im sure they can register for you as well, As for the date what you see on the site is not always so, you can get your test done this month, I wanted to choose 18th Dec for mine but it automatically filled me in for 10th Dec.You gotta be fast because your first choice school MUST recieve all certificated including Toefl by 25th Feb,

What transcripts are you talking about? I guess thats for Post Graduates, For undergraduates its just your WAEC or NECO certificates and its not ORIGINAL ooooo, Its photocopy of the certificate, You will be asked to present the original when you get there, What if it gets lost??

@ all, If you want to write toefl, please be fast, There is no time,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2011
@ All,

I just submitted my application and will be sending my certificate by next week, Get in peepz,

Good Luck!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
Oh thanks for the clarification.

Whats the address of the institute @ ikeja? Do I need to write TOEFL exam before applying on the website?

How was the TOEFL exam, any special preparation needed?

Still waiting for ur facebook request.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2011
pls friends can you help me the names of the universities in finland and outside with tuition free progms and the criterias for applying, i will be grateful for your response.thanks.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2011
menaxe:

pls friends can you help me the names of the universities in finland and outside with tuition free progms and the criterias for applying, i will be grateful for your response.thanks.

Sure pal, But you have to be ready to read too, Though we are here to help you with question.We are dealing specifically with Finland here.Norway is also tuition free, Before I proceed can you tell us what you'd like to apply for, Are you going for undergraduate or postgraduate.Then I'll be able to give you the details.

@ Jassie,I've sent the request on fb. DeeJay
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Abayomin70(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2011
@choosfome pls help me with dis question (1)i want to apply for Bsc in accounting is it a must i have TOEFL but my weac is only 1 sitin (2) pls add me on facebook SEKZY2K@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2011
Abayomin70:

@choosfome pls help me with dis question (1)i want to apply for Bsc in accounting is it a must i have TOEFL but my weac is only 1 sitin (2) pls add me on facebook SEKZY2K@yahoo.com

@ abayomi,

Yes you need TOEFL regardless of whatever course you intend to study.I dont think there is anything like BSc Accounting.They have limited courses per school but you sure can get a course in your field.OK, I'll add ya,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by sonia6968: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
Visa / Legalization Appointment And Travel Insurance

Did u need a reliable person that can help you secure an appointment in spanish embassy both legalization of document and visa appointment, Travel insurance to all schengen states and yes if you are having problem with a visa and need a competent Lawyer to write an appeal on your behalf kindly contact

(NB) Visa / Legalization Appointment / Travel Insurance / Flight Reservation And Hotel Reservation

contact
BARRY

innobare2000@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
sonia6968:

Visa / Legalization Appointment And Travel Insurance

Did u need a reliable person that can help you secure an appointment in spanish embassy both legalization of document and visa appointment, Travel insurance to all schengen states and yes if you are having problem with a visa and need a competent Lawyer to write an appeal on your behalf kindly contact

(NB) Visa / Legalization Appointment / Travel Insurance / Flight Reservation And Hotel Reservation

contact
BARRY

innobare2000@yahoo.com

@ Sonia,

Are you blind or you're just a low life hungry Scam? I SAID NO ADVERTS OR AGENTS.Start another thread with your business,
angry

2 Likes

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by napoliea: 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2011
@ choose4me, i need u 2 add me on fbook so i can ask for more details plzzzzzzz. aiy_ire@yahoo.com
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
@napoliea, no problem but please people.Ask questions here for the benefit of others.I'm not saying we cant go private if need be but please try your best to ask questions here.Someone else might want to ask thesame question you will ask in private.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
Thanks @choose4me and my dear friends for your good works here,, keep it up. i graduated with a 2.2 (Economics). And wish to further my studies abroad i will like to go for a programme (related to my course of study Economics) and that suits my grade either a post graduate or masters degree.
Please kindly state the criterias and steps for applying to any tuition free university in finland or norway.
Thanks.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2011
menaxe:

Thanks @choose4me and my dear friends for your good works here,, keep it up. i graduated with a 2.2 (Economics). And wish to further my studies abroad i will like to go for a programme (related to my course of study Economics) and that suits my grade either a post graduate or masters degree.
Please kindly state the criterias and steps for applying to any tuition free university in finland or norway.
Thanks.

@ menaxe,

This thread is mostly for undergraduate courses but if you need to go for post grad then i think you should check out universityadmissions.fi .You will get all the info you need.Also polytechnics in Finland offers masters courses too.Im sorry Im not able to help much when it comes to post graduate degrees.Please see the sites bro.You should be fine
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
@choose4me, please help me state the criterias and steps for applying for the programme, i need to register for ma younger sister.
thanks,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2011
menaxe:

@choose4me, please help me state the criterias and steps for applying for the programme, i need to register for ma younger sister.
thanks,

Which is your sister going for?? Undergraduate or Post graduate?? Either way the very first step is to get TOEFL score.It is needed for either of them, Let me know what she wants to go for
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2011
@choose4me,shez going 4 an Undergraduate program. Pls give me the details,Requirments expenses 4 da program.
What next after the toefl.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by menaxe: 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2011
@choose4me,shez going 4 an Undergraduate program. Pls give me the details,Requirments expenses 4 da program.
What next after the toefl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Spotted Cows Matching At Night In Abuja / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Anambra In Diaspora Troop Into State Despite High Cost Of Flight Tickets(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.