Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus (6008 Views)

Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus / Corona Virus Facts - Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus Easily / Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by wealthyboy2: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus Easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBKhXv12vRM
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by ademasta(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Onyenna(m): 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
'Contract'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jaeis:
'Contract'
I thought I was the only one who saw it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Mrshape: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
No one can contact corona virus in the world.
Have you seen any?
Did he/she died?
Which country?
Or was it an animal?
Or a non living thing?

3 Likes

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Karleb(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
Some people will be naturally immune to it.

We have people that are naturally immune to HIV.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by fancyto(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:46am On Apr 10, 2020
Jaeis:
'Contract'
Contract is actually correct, we CONTRACT diseases; we don't CONTACT them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by domino4211(m): 6:56am On Apr 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Princeadonis(m): 7:15am On Apr 10, 2020
Contract is absolutely correct my dear. You don’t contact disease
7thLemonLOVER:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by FlyingTOMATOE: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2020
Paulpaulpaul:

Contract is actually correct, we CONTRACT diseases; we don't CONTACT them
I was about to type this... Nice one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Greatzeus(m): 10:55am On Apr 10, 2020
Karleb:
Some people will be naturally immune to it.

We have people that are naturally immune to HIV
Do you have proof? Remember having unprotected sex with an HIV infected person does not mean you will contact HIV. Neither does it mean you are immune.
Your chances of contacting HIV increases when you have multiple partners or consistent unprotected sex with different people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Catchfirez: 11:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Greatzeus:

Do you have proof? Remember having unprotected sex with an HIV infected person does not mean you will contact HIV. Neither does it mean you are immune.
Your chances of contacting HIV increases when you have multiple partners or consistent unprotected sex with different people.

There are people immune to HIV with CCR5 genetic Gene. They under 10% in this world of European descent .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Greatzeus(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Catchfirez:

There are people immune to HIV with CCR5 genetic Gene. They under 10% in this world of European descent .
Wow,so how do one know if he is immune?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by GYBABA(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mrshape:
No one can contact corona virus in the world.
Have you seen any?
Did he/she died?
Which country?
Or was it an animal?
Or a non living thing?

Excuse me sir you're dense! Very very dense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Karleb(m): 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Greatzeus:

Why don't you use Google? There's something they call innate resistance.

Whose talking about "viral load" here. Hey! There are people completely resistant to HIV or any disease at all.

Virus infects us by binding a specific portion of them (ligand) to a specific portion of our biomolecule (protein), I think they call the Ligand-Protein binding/interaction.

In the case of HIV, they call the protein CD-4 or something, I'm not really sure of that. Now, by error of omission (mutation) or commission (still mutation) our body does not produce certain proteins, that's the reason why some people can't take milk, they lack lactase.

In some people it could be CD-4, in some it could be the exact protein COVID-19 binds, but we don't know yet because it's a futile effort carrying out enzyme assay on 7 billion people.

Even if we don't ever find a cure for COVID-19, very few of us are still going to survive. It's called natural selection a.k.a survival of the fittest!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by wealthyboy2: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Jaeis:
'Contract'
To contract a disease means to catch or acquire an illness through the exposure to a contagious pathogen. However, one may also contract a disease that is non-communicable such as cancer. Contract a disease is a verb phrase, related terms are contracts a disease, contracted a disease and contracting a disease. The word contract is derived from the Latin word contractus which means to draw together.
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by wealthyboy2: 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
7thLemonLOVER:
To contract a disease means to catch or acquire an illness through the exposure to a contagious pathogen. However, one may also contract a disease that is non-communicable such as cancer. Contract a disease is a verb phrase, related terms are contracts a disease, contracted a disease and contracting a disease. The word contract is derived from the Latin word contractus which means to draw together.
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by LordIsaac(m): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Biochemistry in full gear grin
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Raymeskey: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Karleb:

Why don't you use Google? There's something they call innate resistance.

Whose talking about "viral load" here. Hey! There are people completely resistant to HIV or any disease at all.

Virus infects us by binding a specific portion of them (ligand) to a specific portion of our biomolecule (protein), I think they call the Ligand-Protein binding/interaction.

In the case of HIV, they call the protein CD-4 or something, I'm not really sure of that. Now, by error of omission (mutation) or commission (still mutation) our body does not produce certain proteins, that's the reason why some people can't take milk, they lack lactase.

In some people it could be CD-4, in some it could be the exact protein COVID-19 binds, but we don't know yet because it's a futile effort carrying out enzyme assay on 7 billion people.

Even if we don't ever find a cure for COVID-19, very few of us are still going to survive. It's called natural selection a.k.a survival of the fittest!
You're talking like a Metabolite.
Kudos to you though
But that is what we're good for in this country (theory)

You talked about Lactose Intolerant i.e those that can't take milk. I think they lack or have an enzyme called Beta-Galactosidase in small amount in their intestinal walls, an enzyme capable of hydrolysing B-D bond in Lactose.

You also talked about people resistant to HIV right? Yeah those with Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) are somehow resistant to HIV1. They have lower risk of HIV infection. SCD which is a hereditary disorder occurs as a results of a single gene mutation in the beta-globin gene.

Other examples are i) the rarity of pulmonary tuberculosis in patients with cystic fibrosis, ii) protection against Epstein Barr viral infection in X linked agamaglobulinemia and iii) amelioration of common variable immune deficiency by acquisition of HIV3

In relating these to COVID-19, it is possible some people may not contract it no matter how they're exposed to it or the virus may have minimal infection or slow reaction in their body system.
But we can't ascertain that for now. Mind you even though these people exist they are not normal, I mean they are mutant i.e they lack some specific gene or having them in excess making them abnormal.

Greatzeus:

You're right, in fact the chances for a male to contract HIV from female during sexual intercourse is low compared to female contracting from male but that does not mean if everybody is expose to it we will get HIV. Some people's biological system is different due to mutation an as such the virus may not find an active site or binding site to function.
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Mrshape: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
GYBABA:

Excuse me sir you're dense! Very very dense!
You that is not dense.
Let me school you.
They don't contact disease,
They contract disease.
Next time think before you post so that you won't disgrace your family on the internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by GYBABA(m): 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mrshape:

You that is not dense.
Let me school you.
They don't contact disease,
They contract disease.
Next time think before you post so that you won't disgrace your family on the internet.

Well lemme clear your clogged up skull. I wasn't referring to contact or contract part. I knew it was a mistake even before opening the thread. It's definitely "contract" so your argument of schooling me is really dumb. I blast you particularly because of the fact that you aired your opinion like someone who believed there's no Coronavirus in this world & that no one is really dying anywhere in the world due to this raving pandemic. You commented like an ignorant buffon. Are you blind to what's going on in the world at all. Lemme burst your bubble then. Coronavirus is real & people are dying of it in many countries but due to the fact that you're blind you won't notice. Well as I said you're dense! Very very dense!
Re: Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus by Mrshape: 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
GYBABA:

Well lemme clear your clogged up skull. I wasn't referring to contact or contract part. I knew it was a mistake even before opening the thread. It's definitely "contract" so your argument of schooling me is really dumb. I blast you particularly because of the fact that you aired your opinion like someone who believed there's no Coronavirus in this world & that no one is really dying anywhere in the world due to this raving pandemic. You commented like an ignorant buffon. Are you blind to what's going on in the world at all. Lemme burst your bubble then. Coronavirus is real & people are dying of it in many countries but due to the fact that you're blind you won't notice. Well as I said you're dense! Very very dense!
It is really painful that after your parents spent money and time for your education you are still unable to comprehend simple sentence,
Let me break it done for you.
Can someone contact corona virus
The answer is no.
Someone can contract corona virus.
I passed a simple English lesson there but you fail to comprehend it.

I wonder how bad you are in maths.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Dear 2017 Pre-selected Applicants, Read Update On The Physical Versification / Amazon Nigeria Recruitment 2018 / PWC ; Whats Are The Questions Likely To Be Asked By PWC Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.