Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies (42018 Views)

Oil Plummets 30% As OPEC Deal Failure Sparks Price War Fears / Oil Price Jumps As OPEC Keeps Output Steady, Hits Four year High / Oil Prices Fall As OPEC Plans To End Cuts – Oilprice Intelligence Report (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Yenefer(f): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
idonhammer:
Hanty we wey get more than one car benefit a lot from the oil price.You know why, I just filled my tank today and the change wey I get is equivalent of 1500NGN. So make the price continue to dey fall until Dem begin dey sell am $10. grin grin

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by don4real18(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nigeria isn't amongst countries to determine price of oil... A big shame
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by ODB2: 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
same afonja rats that will tell the Niger Delta people to drink their oil are the ones shouting ''good news'' here.

Yaribanzas are the real parasites in Nigeria.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1481378_374334_Biafra_11_jpgd343c8e7d023bbeaf7e85a2a2383fae8_jpg0fc812d3c1fca32fae7a33fb44de77d0

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by fabolouz1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Still below Nigeria budget estimate. Not a cheery news as I envisaged.

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Forex360(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
truthfulperson:
REPENT NOW OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL FIRE....JESUS CHRIST LOVES AND WARN YOU TO REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO CHRISTIANITY TO RECEIVE THE GRACE AND POWER TO AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU DIE....you are not a mistake creature, God specially made you to be with Him here and in eternity in heaven. Give God a try today and you will know He exists and love you so much.
Bewarned only Jesus Christ can save you , any other way or person(Islam, Hinduism, paganism, occultism,, Scientology etc) will not help you to gain salvation and make heaven, rather they will mislead you to hell fire. Don't gamble with you eternity , it is more important than the present temporal short years you spend here on earth. Give Jesus Christ a try today!!!!

First am a Christian and I don't mean to misquote you.

Stop painting other religion as evil.
Remember what Paul said when he took the gospel to ANTHENS OF GREECE. He always reduced himself in the standered of those that are worshipping idols and convert them through humbling himself before them and not telling them that their religion is evil.

The ultimate way to spread the gospel is not by preaching and thinking your own religion is the best but rather helping those in need especially this period. Jesus Christ said the ultimate way to spread it is by displaying humility in all situation and also being a pace sater or rather preaching through the behaviours you display everywhere.

Try to see people from other religion as your brothers and not as people that are already doomed. Relate with them and try to impact positive things to their lives.

#staysafe. #stayhome. #happyindoor. #Godbless
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Gilgil: 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
Stalwert:

grin now post this without crying grin grin grin grin

He has but our foreign exchange source needs to be diversified.

How much is.coming in from the "diversified sectors"?
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by vRendoh(m): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Good News. Let's hope and pray it's sustained. Patriots like me are genuinely happy ... While paid senseless zombies

....sustain what? Make una begin use una brain rather than this oil money. Japan has no natural resources to ' share the money' but are one of the best humans in earth today. Una get shame sef? Every time price of oil fall una hands go fall flat but immediately the price rise gbèdu don start be that.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by CzarChris(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yenefer:
Who is pushing thread to front pages this days in nairaland, 90% of the people who visit nairaland don't benefit from Oil. Wether Oil price is high or low..., Most people here don't rip the benefits
Forgive me for pointing this out, but this is a very ignorant thing to say.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yenefer:
Who is pushing thread to front pages this days in nairaland, 90% of the people who visit nairaland don't benefit from Oil. Wether Oil price is high or low..., Most people here don't rip the benefits

Everyone in Nigeria benefits from oil, either directly or indirectly. Our budget is about 90% oil dependent. Meaning all civil servants get paid from oil. All civil servants patronise business owners in Nigeria and take care of dependants not working. Oil companies and their staff patronise other sectors of the economy like catering, hotels, transportation companies etc......

The chain reaction continues. Even the oloshos get more patronage from the oil and gas sector + politicians.

If you look deep, you will see that you are also dependent on oil mostly indirectly. Oil price affects almost everything in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Stalwert:

grin now post this without crying grin grin grin grin

He has but our foreign exchange source needs to be diversified.
What exactly is the meaning of what you wrote
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Forex360(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
MhizJoyce:

I enjoy the benefits. I trade forex. This means I'm buying CAD cool

Hello bro.
Can we chat in WhatsApp coz am also a trader

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Good news. Now can Buhari kindly return the $150m he pilfered from the SWF?
SWF is meant for long term investment not spending
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by DAVE5(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Hasn't Buhari diversified our oil dependent economy?

I don't know you but you really disappoint me ohh

How intelligent do you think buhari is that he should diversify our economy, haba, you want to add brain problem to his ear ailment ni?

If he thinks productively, he might die of brain exhaustion ohh
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by DAVE5(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
Good news. Now can Buhari kindly return the $150m he pilfered from the SWF?
SWF is meant for long term investment not spending

In your dreams sir, the money is gone already ohh
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Forex360(m): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
obailala:
According to the reasoning of millions of educated and uneducated Nigerians, dollar rose to N400 strictly because the person in aso rock is a kunu sipping dullard.

That's the difference between educated men and learned men.

Educated ones are the illiterate in this 21 century
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by grandstar(m): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yenefer:

You do benefit from oil.

Everything you buy with the Naira is determined by the price of oil. If the oil price stays at less than $20 for instance, the Naira may depreciate to N600.

Do you know what that implies? Prices of goods and services will skyrocket. The 30k minimum wage which was worth $80 early this year will now be worth only $50.

Where do you stand now?

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by 0m0nnakoda: 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Good News. Let's hope and pray it's sustained. Patriots like me are genuinely happy ... While paid senseless zombies
There is nothing to be happy about when others control your destiny
Low oil prices are an opportunity.

There is a strong correlation between the wealth of a nation and the amount of crude oil it CONSUMES nor the amount it sells
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Focusmind: 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
Make oil price rally Abeg o. My client never pay me as he himself haven't received anything.

Price increase is what oil producers needs now.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by guru90: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yenefer:

SIMPLE TRUTH!!!
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by 0m0nnakoda: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
grandstar:

You do benefit from oil.

Everything you buy with the Naira is determined by the price of oil. If the oil price stays at less than $20 for instance, the Naira may depreciate to N600.

Do you know what that implies? Prices of goods and services will skyrocket. The 30k minimum wage which was worth $80 early this year will now be worth only $50.

Where do you stand now?
That is absolute nonsense
The price of oil was $ 18 under Abacha and one dollar exchanged for 80 naira for years.
Naira depreciated when democracy returned and reached 250 under Goodluck Jonathan despite record prices in excess of $100
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Eteka1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
I'm trying to figure out if the prices actually SOARED or just increased a bit.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by owagbeba: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Why isn't the naira adjusting to this news ? When oil price fell, the naira depreciated to 400 and further down to 415 when BDC stopped bidding for a 14 day holiday.

Today there is good news but this currency just remains negative, why?

Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Usorohtheman(m): 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by grandstar(m): 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
0m0nnakoda:
That is absolute nonsense
The price of oil was $ 18 under Abacha and one dollar exchanged for 80 naira for years.
Naira depreciated when democracy returned and reached 250 under Goodluck Jonathan despite record prices in excess of $100

It's all about the fundamentals.

In Abacha time, there may have been 50B chasing $1bn. It may now be N400B chasing $1B. The price therefore can't be the same.

The money supply has grown since 1999. That's just one reason.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Stalwert: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Are you daft? What is the meaning of diversify forex source? economy is forex source already.

Some people exceedingly low IQ make them an impossible participant in any discussion it is like teaching quantum physics to a flie.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by 0m0nnakoda: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
grandstar:

It's all about the fundamentals.

In Abacha time, there may have been 50B chasing $1bn. It may now be N400B chasing $1B. The price therefore can't be the same.

The money supply has grown since 1999. That's just one reason.
Fundamentals

Sure that is a word that makes you sound like you have a clue what you are talking about
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by grandstar(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Fundamentals

Sure that is a word that makes you sound like you have a clue what you are talking about

I do know whst I'm talking about. What's wrong with that?

We may not like pure academic truth does not change the facts.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Kokaine(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yenefer:
hahahaa....it affects the power of the currency you spend whether you like it or not.
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by arsenal33: 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
DAVE5:

I don't know you but you really disappoint me ohh

How intelligent do you think buhari is that he should diversify our economy, haba, you want to add brain problem to his ear ailment ni?

If he thinks productively, he might die of brain exhaustion ohh
your PDPeeps diversified the economy
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by Realdeals(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
The increase is 'Audio' where are the factories and vehicles using fuel nowadays.

I'm sure Russia and Saudi Arabia will have tens of stranded cargoes on the high seas waiting for buyers..
Re: Oil Prices Soar As OPEC+ Prepares To Cut Supplies by suratwo62: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
truthfulperson:

Be warned only Jesus Christ can save you , any other way or person(Islam, Hinduism, paganism, occultism,, Scientology etc) will not help you to gain salvation and make heaven, rather they will mislead you to hell fire.!!!!

Why do you think only your way is the right way?

It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls / Live Display Of Animals At Okoko Market For Business / How To Buy Stuffs At Cheaper Price At Idumota Market, Lagos This Season

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64