Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom (39710 Views)

11,000 Hectares Coconut Plantation In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) / Lagos To Complete Largest Rice Mill In Sub-saharan Africa Early 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Jerryz2050PMG(m): 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
ANOTHER RICE MILL ESTABLISHED IN AKWA IBOM

Governor Udom Emmanuel's desire in ensuring food sufficiency in the state is receiving a boost with more private investments springing up in the state. The latest SACAM AGRO PROCESSING MILL LTD at Nung Udoe Itak, off Uyo-Ikot-Ekpene highway in Ikono. The mill produces a unique parboiled brand of rice, Three Rose Rice.

The advent of the new rice mill which compliments the earlier comissioned one, Ibom Agricon Rice, is part of the fulfilment of the policy drive of Mr Emmanuel's administration to produce 80% of food needed in the state.

It was gathered that the state government has offered to offtake several volumes of the produce for the state population as part of its efforts to cushion the effect of the Quarantine and Restriction of Movement Regulation in the state.

The Permanent Secretary, Government House Dr. Nathaniel Adiakpan, Special Assistant on Research and Documentation Essien Ndueso as well as the President of Akwa Ibom State Traders Forum, Akparawa Idorenyin Raphael

The owner Mr. Samuel Okeke, a business man from Ebonyi State said the factory currently produces 350 tonnes of rice per day or 8 trailer loads of rice daily and has been distributing the product as far as Anambra State, Abia State and Rivers State in addition to the market in Akwa Ibom.

The Company's MD told newsmen that his decision to site the mill in Akwa Ibom and Ikono in particular was in response to the friendly business environment created by Governor Udom Emmanuel here and owing to the fact that there is a steady power supply in the area. He said he is enjoying at least 22 hours steady electricity at Nung-Udoe itak.

A 25 kg bag of rice produced as the mill sells for N 9,250 with the 50kg going for N18,500.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by rusher14: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Well done to President Muhammadu Buhari.

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by dawnomike(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
And on a more serious note... Why is rice still expensive?

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by BruncleZuma: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
I hope they'd be producing parboiled rice...?

grin grin grin grin

edit (long grain)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Tundenoni(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
While some are in sifia pains,
Akwa Ibom are taking some advantages.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by marvin906(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
this space is useless
glo is a bastard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by budosky(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
Commendable

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by foliman(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:

Low productivity

You can have factories as much as you like, if there's shortage of raw materials there would be low productivity.

We grow less rice and we eat more of it... The demand is much and supply is minimal so the little available definitely would be expensive.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by ekestic1976(f): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Tundenoni(m): 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
BruncleZuma:

Not all of us like parboiled rice.
I personally don't like it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Latidoh1: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by StarUp: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oshe...Akwa Ibomites will eat rice...

9 Likes

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by ekestic1976(f): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:

Because the Nigerian situation defies all known laws of Economics, especially the laws that are defined by Demand and Supply. It's a strange occurrence!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by BruncleZuma: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
Tundenoni:

Ibson

grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Becklynn(f): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
Great one
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by MrHighSea: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
Udom better deny it.

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Kurtis02(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yet rice would still be expensive.

Even cost of local is higher than the previous acclaimed foreign Rice.

And the rate at which these Aba boiz re- bag rice ehnn .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by marvin906(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
just a thought why are flour Mills bigger than rice Mills or it's just my eyes

5 Likes

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by bmdmixer: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:
help me ask them oh greedy wicked Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Gud for naija
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by crafteeworld: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
U
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by AmTruth: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
Go through the pictures and your question would be answered
BruncleZuma:

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
Despite all these price of rice remains high because of the saboteurs that wants 1000% gain.

1 Like

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by richidinho(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
grin
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Ndipe(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
Good one.
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by ppogba: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
At least jobs for few a Nigerians.

Thank God for the border closure then. The dividends are becoming glaring.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by stevnwigw1: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
imo governor cannot see this one
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by classicfrank4u(m): 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
U
Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Tetrahedron: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
My brothers, I suspect I might be banned again for revealing the truth about this govt and definitely nairaland has been paid to censor information getting to the citizens,

I just posted a topic where I revealed with reliable source how the nig govt has obtained loans from the chinese govt with about 10% of the oil fields in NigerDelta used as collateral but the topic was deleted grin grin ;, we have fifth columnist amongst us on NL working for the FG.

See the link of the post below

https://amp.rfi.fr/en/africa/20190411-focus-africa-imf-warns-nigeria-about-mountain-chinese-debt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom by Economy1: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Jerryz2050PMG:
ANOTHER RICE MILL ESTABLISHED IN AKWA IBOM

Governor Udom Emmanuel's desire in ensuring food sufficiency in the state is receiving a boost with more private investments springing up in the state. The latest SACAM AGRO PROCESSING MILL LTD at Nung Udoe Itak, off Uyo-Ikot-Ekpene highway in Ikono. The mill produces a unique parboiled brand of rice, Three Rose Rice.

The advent of the new rice mill which compliments the earlier comissioned one, Ibom Agricon Rice, is part of the fulfilment of the policy drive of Mr Emmanuel's administration to produce 80% of food needed in the state.

It was gathered that the state government has offered to offtake several volumes of the produce for the state population as part of its efforts to cushion the effect of the Quarantine and Restriction of Movement Regulation in the state.

The Permanent Secretary, Government House Dr. Nathaniel Adiakpan, Special Assistant on Research and Documentation Essien Ndueso as well as the President of Akwa Ibom State Traders Forum, Akparawa Idorenyin Raphael

The owner Mr. Samuel Okeke, a business man from Ebonyi State said the factory currently produces 350 tonnes of rice per day or 8 trailer loads of rice daily and has been distributing the product as far as Anambra State, Abia State and Rivers State in addition to the market in Akwa Ibom.

The Company's MD told newsmen that his decision to site the mill in Akwa Ibom and Ikono in particular was in response to the friendly business environment created by Governor Udom Emmanuel here and owing to the fact that there is a steady power supply in the area. He said he is enjoying at least 22 hours steady electricity at Nung-Udoe itak.

A 25 kg bag of rice produced as the mill sells for N 9,250 with the 50kg going for N18,500.
I want to become a distributor in Enugu Nsukka province..07065088978

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out This Massive Bunch of Banana / The Snake Killed By A Facebook User On His Farm (Photo) / My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.