Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? (7565 Views)

Less Than 60 Days To Ramadan: Have You Paid Your Missed Fast? / Less Than 60 Days To Ramadan. Sisters, Have You Paid Your Missed Fast? / Ruling On Observing Recommended Siyaam (fasting) When They Fall On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Lukgaf(m): 5:05am On Apr 10, 2020
Were you unable to complete your siyaam (fasting) last Ramadan and the previous years? Brethren, trust you have paid them back?

Praise be to Allaah.

It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Sha’baan is halfway through, do not fast.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (3237); Ibn Hibaan (1651); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

There are some exceptions from this prohibition, as follows:

1 –One who has a habit of fasting, such as a man who habitually fasts on Mondays and Thursdays, which he may do even after halfway through Sha’baan. The evidence for that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Do not anticipate Ramadaan by fasting one or two days before it, except a man who fasts regularly, who should observe his usual fast.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1914; Muslim, 1082.

2 – A person who started fasting before halfway through Sha’baan, and connects what comes after the halfway point to what came before. This is not included in the prohibition either. The evidence for that is the words of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast all of Sha’baan and fast all of Sha’baan except a little.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1970; Muslim, 1165. This version narrated by Muslim.

Al-Nawawi said: “He used to fast all of Sha’baan and fast all of Sha’baan except a little.” The second phrase is an explanation of the first, pointing out that by “all” what is meant is “most”.

This hadeeth indicates that it is permissible to fast after halfway through Sha’baan, but only for one who joins that to what came before the halfway point.

3 – An exception from this prohibition is also made for one who is making up missed Ramadaan fasts.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (6/399):

Our companions said: it is not correct to fast on the “day of doubt” just before Ramadaan, and there is no difference of scholarly opinion on this point … But if a person fasts it to make up a missed day or to fulfil a vow, or as an expiation, that is acceptable, because if it is permissible to observe a voluntary fast on that day, it is more likely to be permissible to observe an obligatory fast… and if a person has to make up a day from Ramadaan, then he has to fast it, because the time left for him to make it up has become very short.

The “day of doubt” is the thirtieth of Sha’baan if it has not been possible to sight the moon of the thirtieth because of cloud, fog, etc. It is called the “day of doubt” because there is some doubt concerning it – is it the last day of Sha’baan or the first day of Ramadaan?

In conclusion:

There is nothing wrong with making up a missed Ramadaan fast in the last half of Sha’baan. This is not included in the prohibition of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on fasting after halfway through Sha’baan.

So your fasting of those three days is valid, and you have to fast the remaining days before Ramadaan begins

And Allaah knows best.

Source: IslamQA

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by bolseas(f): 6:04am On Apr 10, 2020
Salam alaekum.

Thank you for the post. I was wondering whether we were not supposed to fast on the 13th 14th and 15th of shaban because we just completed the 3 days fast yesterday.

May Allah keep us alive to experience this year's ramadhan and many more.

May Allah heal the world before ramadhan begins so that we can achieve all the full benefits like tarawih prayers etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by AntiChristian: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2020
bolseas:
Salam alaekum.

Thank you for the post. I was wondering whether we were not supposed to fast on the 13th 14th and 15th of shaban because we just completed the 3 days fast yesterday.

May Allah keep us alive to experience this year's ramadhan and many more.

May Allah heal the world before ramadhan begins so that we can achieve all the full benefits like tarawih prayers etc

Aamin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by ForeThinker: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2020
Is it compulsory ?

10 Likes

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2020
Hmm
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Engrmustyboss(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2020
jazakallah

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by 9jayes: 10:19am On Apr 10, 2020
No
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Patrioticman007(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2020
The holiest month of Ramadan is here again, may Allah accept our ibadahs & make us people of Paradise. Amen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Kizzygentle: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2020
, .

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by sunshineV(f): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2020
Today is Friday For Muslim's also Good Friday for Christians. Killing two bird with one stone grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Shanid(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2020
Jumah MUBARAK TO YOU ALL. CONTACT FOR YOUR FOOTWEARS AND LEATHER BELTS AT AFFORDABLE PRICES
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by SweetyZinta(f): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Insha Allah, i repaid even before sitta shawwal. That is my normal way of repaying. May Allah grant us good health to participate actively in our deen. Provide us with sahur and iftar, peace and tranquility in this trying time.

Jazakumullah khairan!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Lukgaf(m): 11:15am On Apr 10, 2020
SweetyZinta:
Insha Allah, i repaid even before sitta shawwal. That is my normal way of repaying. May Allah grant us good health to participate actively in our deen. Provide us with sahur and iftar, peace and tranquility in this trying time.

Jazakumullah khairan!

Barakalah fee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Ibfpleasant(m): 11:25am On Apr 10, 2020
SweetyZinta:

Jazakumullah khairan!
Amin Hajia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Adigun055(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2020
Sigh... Been thinking about it all day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by marvin906(m): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2020
Patrioticman007:
The holiest month of Ramadan is here again, may Allah accept our ibadahs & make us people of Paradise. Amen.

holiest month ke
no problem
let the month pass later me and Aisha go see

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Lanry1(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2020
Pls when will the Nisfu Sha'aban fasting start?
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Vulcanheph(m): 11:49am On Apr 10, 2020
Due to uncle corona , almost everyone both christians and muslims are on compulsory fasting because of no money and inability to Hustle.........also if you guys think making me swear that i'm a muslim before i can comment will scare me then you guys must be high.

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by fortran12: 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lukgaf:

Praise be to Allaah.

It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Sha’baan is halfway through, do not fast.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (3237); Ibn Hibaan (1651); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

There are some exceptions from this prohibition, as follows:

1 –One who has a habit of fasting, such as a man who habitually fasts on Mondays and Thursdays, which he may do even after halfway through Sha’baan. The evidence for that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Do not anticipate Ramadaan by fasting one or two days before it, except a man who fasts regularly, who should observe his usual fast.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1914; Muslim, 1082.

2 – A person who started fasting before halfway through Sha’baan, and connects what comes after the halfway point to what came before. This is not included in the prohibition either. The evidence for that is the words of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast all of Sha’baan and fast all of Sha’baan except a little.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1970; Muslim, 1165. This version narrated by Muslim.

Al-Nawawi said: “He used to fast all of Sha’baan and fast all of Sha’baan except a little.” The second phrase is an explanation of the first, pointing out that by “all” what is meant is “most”.

This hadeeth indicates that it is permissible to fast after halfway through Sha’baan, but only for one who joins that to what came before the halfway point.

3 – An exception from this prohibition is also made for one who is making up missed Ramadaan fasts.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (6/399):

Our companions said: it is not correct to fast on the “day of doubt” just before Ramadaan, and there is no difference of scholarly opinion on this point … But if a person fasts it to make up a missed day or to fulfil a vow, or as an expiation, that is acceptable, because if it is permissible to observe a voluntary fast on that day, it is more likely to be permissible to observe an obligatory fast… and if a person has to make up a day from Ramadaan, then he has to fast it, because the time left for him to make it up has become very short.

The “day of doubt” is the thirtieth of Sha’baan if it has not been possible to sight the moon of the thirtieth because of cloud, fog, etc. It is called the “day of doubt” because there is some doubt concerning it – is it the last day of Sha’baan or the first day of Ramadaan?

In conclusion:

There is nothing wrong with making up a missed Ramadaan fast in the last half of Sha’baan. This is not included in the prohibition of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on fasting after halfway through Sha’baan.

So your fasting of those three days is valid, and you have to fast the remaining days before Ramadaan begins

And Allaah knows best.

Source: IslamQA

Ramadan was a non-Muslim pagan Arab festival. The prophet only copied it as he did several things

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Anasko(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Yes, I just finished my own yesterday
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
The Quran , chapter 9 ( At-Tawba ), verses 2–6:

So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months (2) ... So if you repent, that is best for you; ... And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment. (3) ... Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. (4) ... And when the sacred months have passed, then KILL CHRISTIANS and JEWS wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. (5) ... And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah. Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who
do not know. (6)
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by Kingzeez10: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
SharonLoveth:
The Quran , chapter 9 ( At-Tawba ), verses 2–6:

So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months (2) ... So if you repent, that is best for you; ... And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment. (3) ... Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. (4) ... And when the sacred months have passed, then KILL CHRISTIANS and JEWS wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. (5) ... And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah. Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who
do not know. (6)
Must you display your stupidity here? Or do you think the rubbish you posted will make us digress.
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by SharonLoveth(f): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
Kingzeez10:

Must you display your stupidity here? Or do you think the rubbish you posted will make us digress.
So you mean quran is stupidity, clap for yourself... It's what you have that I help you to pasted out here

1 Like

Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by efighter: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
fortran12:

Ramadan was a non-Muslim pagan Arab festival. The prophet only copied it as he did several things

Are you sure you are mentally balanced? Just asking.
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by efighter: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
SharonLoveth:

So you mean quran is stupidity, clap for yourself... It's what you have that I help you to pasted out here

Several mentally unstable people going from one post to the other on Nairaland.
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by RitualistMan: 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
[s]
efighter:

[/s]
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by fortran12: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
efighter:

I just stated a fact, its a historical fact the it was practiced before mohammed. So i am well aware of my comment and mentally balanced. Thank you.
Re: Have You Paid Your Missed Siyaam (Fastings)? by SharonLoveth(f): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2020
efighter:

Several mentally unstable people going from one post to the other on Nairaland.

Many painful verses full Quran, look at another one... Muhammad ran inside mosque, saying his last prayer, asking for forgiveness because of an ordinary eclipse of the sun.. Which kind messenger is that grin

"The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque and offered a with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing.
Then he said, 'These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but makes His worshipers afraid by them. So when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him, and
ask for His forgiveness.'" (Bukhari 2:167)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Yourself For Jumuah Prayers / Death In Islam And Proper Burial Techniques Part 2 / Lesson From The Quran: Relationship Between Fasting And Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.