Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Devil - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Devil (1248 Views)

Photo-why Those The Devil In 'THE BIBLE' Series Look Like Obama? / Get Anime/cartoons On DVD : Bleach, Naruto, Devil May Cry And Lots More / Speak Of The Devil ~ The Cannon Of Anton Lavey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devil by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2011

[size=13pt]This is probably the best M Night Shyamalan movie i have ever seen.

Dont wanna ruin the plot. but 5 people get trapped in an elevator. and 1 of them is not what they seem. . . . . grin grin

watch late at night in the dark.
very good movie.
4 Stars at Least cheesy cheesy wink
[/size]
Re: Devil by Shaunscot(m): 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
Saw it 2 weeks ago.
Not as fantastic as you make it out to be.
Just cos one of the victims in the elevator happens to be ur role-model doesnt exactly make it a good movie.
Left for me,it was just there.
Re: Devil by Rocktation(f): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2011
Guess i'll never stop asking. . . .Ogaga, are you for real?
Re: Devil by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
The Devil Made Me Watch This. . . . grin grin grin

[size=13pt]Unlike a lot of people, when I think of M. Night Shyamalan, I think of good times. As in, I laugh practically through most of his movies. The others, I hate life. On Christmas Eve Night, 2010, I wanted to laugh grin grin . So, I plugged in Devil. cheesy

Sure, it's not fully the typical Shyamalan-snoozefest – he just came up with the "original" story. OK, that made me laugh.

Most people probably never heard of The Lift, the killer elevator movie of 1983. I saw that, and though it's not exactly the same as Devil, does involve the "supernatural" on board a lift, er, elevator.

The religious security guard at a nondescript skyscraper narrates this story of the, well, Devil who walks amongst us merely for fun. But, he's got rules. Someone must commit suicide and then there's got to be a group of no-good movie and extremely clichéd characters who fight each other while dying. There's some kind of moral, and of course there can never be a way to beat the Devil! grin .

Our group of "heroes" are stuck in an elevator and absolutely no time passes before the heat rises, from within them and they act out against each other while they're being monitored by the helpless and frightened narrator and his trusty disbelieving partner. Enter in the (yes, another cliché) cop with a past and everyone's trying to get them out as one-by-one perishes.

Will the real Devil stand up? You'll spend half the mere 80 minutes attempting to figure out who is Lucifer and the other giving a rat's ass. grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: Devil by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2011
[size=13pt]I'm for real friend , nothing is just fake inside me . grin wink[/size]

Rocktation:

Guess i'll never stop asking. . . .Ogaga, are you for real?

(1) (Reply)

See Actor Jide Kosoko Asking For A B L O W Job In New Movie / Rough Chase: The Race For Life / Name The Best Cartoon You Ever Watched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.