Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators (32268 Views)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by cyrilamx(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo, said the federal government had opened discussions with Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company and other key indigenous vehicle manufacturing companies with a view to producing ventilators in the country.

This is even as the President of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Engineer Mansur Ahmed, disclosed that manufacturers had increased Nigeria’s domestic production capacity for face masks from two million masks in February to 27 million now.

The minister, who updated journalists on #COVIDー19 pandemic and its implications for the manufacturing sector in Abuja, said the government received a proposal from Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company to produce ventilators and similar proposals had been submitted by other indigenous auto manufacturers and that the various proposals are being considered.

“We are also engaging our indigenous car manufacturers at this time to prepare them to tweak their operations to begin the manufacture of ‘Made in Nigeria’ ventilators – critical medical equipment in the fight against the virus,” he said.

The ministry had last month set up a committee on “the sustainable production and delivery of essential commodities” during the #COVIDー19 pandemic, amongst others.

Adebayo said the ministry had been collaborating with the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN); the Nigerian Association of Chamber of Commerce Industry Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA); Nigerian Traders Association (NANTS);and other relevant stakeholders to guarantee unhindered production of essential items like food, medical and pharmaceutical products.

The MAN President, Engineer Ahmed, said manufacturers had braced the lockdown to ensure uninterrupted production of essential goods, including supply of raw materials.

The industrialist said as imports of essential goods dropped, local manufacturers were trying to bridge the gap by ramping up domestic production.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tvcnews.tv/fg-innoson-partner-to-produce-ventilators/%3famp

6 Likes

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
cool cool
Bashir Ahmed come and eat your vomit. Even big offices doesn't stop the Jealous ones from their inherent deadly envy.
Way to go ... We need to sustain this spirit beyond COVID19 era.

Let me not say IGBO AMAKA to spare the poor hearts of hating beasts.

199 Likes 19 Shares

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by successmatters(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
Innoson production capacity has been on the increase since the last 10 years. This company may become bigger than Toyota and Ford motors combined.

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
successmatters:
Innison production capacity has been on the increase since the last 10 years. This company may become bigger than Toyota and Ford motors combined.
Gbam!
Gbada gbam!
Gbam again!

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by IceLip: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Iyiataata92: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
good one

2 Likes

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
That's better.

3 Likes

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by tetula123(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
They will soon start making tribal remarks on the thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by godkiller(m): 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
I wanted to say Igbo Amaka but I won't say it grin

Modified

I want a team of volunteers who would teach Nigerian youths solar panel production. We need to start a revolution.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Sibrah: 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2020
That's PPP. Public Private Partnership.
More of being paid to start doing it and not a case patronising what inoson is doing.

3 Likes

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by CYBERWEAVER(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
I extremely love Innoson

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by blinking001(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
The president is working

1 Like

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by EzeNdiAra: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
I read that up to 80% of patients they put in ventilators die.

Which means the ventilator machines save 20% of the people.

Let's do what Italy did by allowing anyone above 80 to rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Hades2016(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Useless government they know innoson can produce ventilators but they decided not to give them the contract cuz he’s not a fulani or afonja man... Ass lickers Oya make una start to dey wail for here... I will say it again and again Nigeria is a useless country, Buhari is an idiot... Allow we igbo’s to go but they said " NO " cuz they know we’re productive.... if you like come at me I don’t give a F about your useless opinion

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
SENSE downloading in Nigeria...............

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by mrofficial240(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
no fighting one Love guys

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online
Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by abumeinben(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Really?

As much as I know, only innoson proposed it even before they went begging Elon Musk on twitter!

Can someone tell me already the "local vehicle manufacturers" that has come up to produce ventilators? Why forcing it on those who don't show interest?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by emeijeh(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fear go let person use the ventilators so?

Ventilator wen go pack cobwebs enter our nostrils?

OBARA JESUS!!!!!

[img]https://media1./images/d30b7a2da3240931c6d488a51c9e66dc/tenor.gif?itemid=15868383[/img]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Chiedu4Trump: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Had Innoson be owned by a Northerner this company would have been MASSIVE

23 Likes

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Odingo1: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Igbo Amaka, one love ❤️

20 Likes

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Armaggedon: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Just tell us you want innoson to manufacture ventilators.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by JOACHINpedro: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hunger too much o
Pls make una help me with something because this one too much for me
Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Olatunji110(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
May Almighty God completely heal all those that have been already tested positive for this deadly virus and protect all those that have not yet contact it together with all our family and friends, no matter how bad or worse its, i pray to Almighty God that it should never know it direction or it ways to our lifes and all our relatives and all our love ones amen
Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lovely initiative by the FG though I still have some reservations.

Until I see details of the said partnership, my "reservations" lives on. #Better Late Than Never.
Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by Gideon110(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Wow its a nice move...

1 Like

Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by classicfrank4u(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
I
Re: FG, Local Vehicle Manufacturing Companies Partner To Produce Ventilators by paulolee(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
nice development...mk we try invent something na..one NIGERIA and pls all tribalistls stay off from this thread as I successfully close d thread....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Student Discovers She Has 4 Kidneys / "Student Dies After Taking Alcohol, Codeine, Tramadol & Marijuana" - Man Says / Doctor At Sayemi Natu­ralscience Centre Raped Me - Woman Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.