Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

STOLEN VICTORY - Mary Slessor Vs The Calabar Tribes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / STOLEN VICTORY - Mary Slessor Vs The Calabar Tribes (540 Views)

MARY EHIABHI: How To Make Six Figure Monthly Income With Peace Of Mind (EBOOK) / The Christian Wife By Talabi Mary / I Wish I Never Meet Him A Regret Story By Mary Temitope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

STOLEN VICTORY - Mary Slessor Vs The Calabar Tribes by nicewoody6: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
Artwork by @victornotizze on Instagram

Re: STOLEN VICTORY - Mary Slessor Vs The Calabar Tribes by nicewoody6: 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
ABOUT THE BOOK

History was doctored for the victory wasn't hers. The tribes did kill their twins but not all approved of it. Some damned the consequences and even dared the gods. They saved their twins in a way so legendary. This story tells it all. Brace yourself for the truth you are about to learn.

Fact:
Deviation is an undeniable part of human behaviour. So how is it that no record exists of the people trying to save their twins before the coming of Mary Slessor.
Take history lessons with a grain of salt for many of them might have been doctored.

Heart Warming Acclaims
• I am in doubt whether I read a fiction story or a true story of tribes. I love how the story started by explaining the history of the killing of twins and then followed by the story of a family and the mirror island. The story flowed fluently and did not disconnect even when Okon reached the mirror island. The story progressed well. The mirror island did surprise me where all the half twins were placed. I wonder how you came about this story. @Olivialckl

• What a beautiful and sad story at the same time. You managed to make it sound real. Some of the statements come over like facts. Well done!
How did you come up with the idea? I also like how you came up with the solution. People came together and lived as one on the island. Then they were taking 'refugees' and protecting them. It must have been a surreal experience for those people coming there and seeing the same people that they know from other places.
I like how you didn't leave them hiding forever. They stood against their kind and asked for change. They chose to save those poor innocent babies and families and they succeed.
Thank you for sharing. It's been very enjoyable to read your story. @Delishtreats

Available online for Nigerians: https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Ugeh

Available for international buyers: https://books2read.com/Stolen-Victory-Mary-Slessor-Vs-The-Calabar-Tribes

(1) (Reply)

[story] The Abomination – Episode 2 / Short Stories For Kids / Good Morning House, Can I Get Someone That Writes Press Releases Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.