Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,166 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet (4044 Views)

Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball / Chukwueze Has Done More Work In 90 Minutes Than My Governor In 4 Years-twitter / Arsenal Boss Says Alexandre Lacazette Not Ready To Play 90 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by olayinkaboss11(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
MEET FOOTBALLER THOMAS LANGU SWESWE WHO PLAY 90 MINUTES WITHOUT TOUCHING THE BALL

Football

Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Sweswe Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball

Meet Thomas Langu Sweswe of Zimbabwe, a defender, he played for Manning Rangers, Kaizer Chiefs, Wits and Black Leopards – South Africa, Highlanders, Dynamos and ZPC Kariba – Zimbabwe. He retired from football at the age 35 in 2017 and the last club he played for, was ZPC Kariba of Zimbabwe, he’s currently 38.

He played an entire 90 minutes in a Kaizer Chiefs game and never touched the ball.

It’s one of the records that may never be broken in Football history.

Thomas Langu Sweswe (born 9 August 1981) is an association footballer from Zimbabwe. Sweswe is a defender, primarily operating as a centre back, and has played for nine different clubs as well as the Zimbabwe national football team. He is currently playing for Bidvest Wits in South Africa. Sweswe is right-footed.

Sweswe played for Zimbabwe at the 2007 Merdeka Tournament held in Malaysia. He scored a spectacular goal in the 4–2 loss to Singapore in Zimbabwe’s opening match on 21 August 2007 from just past the half-way line. The Warriors were eventually knocked out by Myanmar in the semi-finals. They played in the Cosafa tournament in Mozambique, losing in the finals to Mozambique on penalties

Sweswe played in two of Zimbabwe’s 2012 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, a 1–1 draw with Liberia on 5 September and a 0–0 stalemate with Cape Verde Islands on 10 October. He also made appearances in two friendly matches, playing the final five minutes of the 3–0 loss to Brazil on 2 June in his first game back after injury, before helping his country to a 3–1 win over Mozambique in November.

The defender played in Zimbabwe’s 1–0 defeat to Mali on 26 March in an 2012 African Cup of Nations qualifier. He made his second appearance of 2011 in the return fixture against Mali, on 5 June, which Zimbabwe won 2–1.

https://thescoreng.com/meet-footballer-thomas-langu-sweswe-who-play-90-minutes-without-touching-the-ball/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by olayinkaboss11(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Even my late grandma iya Rihanna will do better.

lalasticlala do the needful

1 Like

Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by barbstee(m): 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
O boy which kind of game is that

Modified
Not detailed enough though
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by FatherBona: 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
Giroud did same thing in The 2018 FIFA world cup.
Abeg dz one no be news jhor grin
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by chiefolododo(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by itsme01: 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
SouthAfricans are Generally lazy,
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by deedeemob(m): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
When him no be tree
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by billynoni(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
itsme01:
SouthAfricans are Generally lazy,
Meet Thomas Langu Sweswe of Zimbabwe, a defender... Who do you, this kain thing?
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by itsme01: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
billynoni:
Meet Thomas Langu Sweswe of Zimbabwe, a defender... Who do you, this kain thing?

West Africa , South Africa, Republic of South Africa RSA se you don get am now abi you need more knowledge

1 Like

Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by kryptem: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mhad oooo....
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by billynoni(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
itsme01:

West Africa , South Africa, Republic of South Africa RSA se you don get am now abi you need more knowledge
Mr Knowledge, Google up South Africans and Southern Africans... Then come back here, to check your first comment.
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by Decaf: 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
I cannot believe this
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by iFukSimplyleo: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by MorataFC: 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
What a great record angry grin
Re: Meet Footballer Thomas Langu Who Play 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ballet by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2020
Oh my, goodness.

All of 90"

I remember playing saturday/Sunday evening football as a 13 year-old with the bigger guys [e.g. my 37 year-old maternal uncle, the 40 year-old local businessmen in my former hood] back then, I still managed to get a decent feel of the ball game in, game out.
I mean those guys who were like 10 times my size.

So, what really happened to this dude on that day really I mean he was a pro.

(1) (Reply)

National Sports Lottery (nsl) Has Been Closed Down / Wimbledon 2013 / Diamond Football Academy Will Hold Her Trials/screening Into The Academy In Feb.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.