Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball (13936 Views)

Roberto Gabriel Trigo: Footballer Who Brought Down A Plane With A Football Shot / Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching Ball And Other Amazing Records / The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Hespee93: 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
Meet The Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball

It will surprise many that a Footballer played an entire 90 minutes without touching the ball, could this be real, yes it is....

Thomas Langu Sweswe of Zimbabwe, a defender, he played for Manning Rangers, Kaizer Chiefs, Wits and Black Leopards - South Africa, Highlanders, Dynamos and ZPC Kariba - Zimbabwe. He retired from football at the age 35 in 2017 and the last club he played for, was ZPC Kariba of Zimbabwe, he's currently 38.

He played an entire 90 minutes in a Kaizer Chiefs game and never touched the ball.

It's one of the records that may never be broken in Football history.

https://www.nigfooty.com/2020/04/meet-footballer-who-played-90-minutes.html%3Fm%3D1&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiOg9XVqcjqAhWFCWMBHfjEC7kQFjANegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3Kz9zZA5Th10rynHGCmYZ4[b]It

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by madridguy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
Wonderful grin
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by azadus18: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
wit diz face .even ball go dey afraid of him

12 Likes

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by meeky007(m): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
show us the video of the match

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by harkandey(m): 7:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
No be captain bond I dey see? Wonder If someone can be captain of a team and have this kind of record

3 Likes

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by LongLife4all: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
Did they still pay him salary and all the allowances.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Bigflamie(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
Too many funny records in football matches.

Just check them out in google and you'd be shocked
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Thank God I've seen someone I am better than.

I will show my friends this post the next time they make fun of my footballs skills

8 Likes

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Freestainworld(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
football wasn't his calling
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by robinso01(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
Him and football might be having a fight on that day.

1 Like

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by seanwilliam(m): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
Football fit no be him way.. that's what happens when you do strong head grin
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by inforesource: 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
At least he has fulfilled his destiny by holding a record no footballer will be able to brake. What a record!

4 Likes

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by infogenius(m): 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
So he was just warming up for 90 minutes. This fact is very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by phemmyfour: 6:04am On Jul 13, 2020
He must be in the offside position throughout grin
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Olamie09: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2020
Buy a plot of land for as low as 1 million Naira...
Location (sagamu)

Only serious buyers should should message.

Contact via WhatsApp for further enquiry:
http:///2348064921021
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by paulolee(m): 8:00am On Jul 13, 2020
abeg i no jus believe this strange record even if na tru or not
na xo d guy worst reach, even keeper do touch ball no matter how good defensively his team hoss
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Veeque(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2020
While the rest were seeing the ball, he was probably seeing a lion instead. So he stayed away. I smell juju
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Veeque(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2020
paulolee:
abeg i no jus believe this strange record even if na tru or not
na xo d guy worst reach, even keeper do touch ball no matter how good defensively his team hoss
One season lai dat, in one match, the only person Messi covered more distance than was the goal keeper.
In football, anything can happen. If a player decides not play, the worst thing that can happen is to take him off.
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by paulolee(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2020
Veeque:

One season lai dat, in one match, the only person Messi covered more distance than was the goal keeper.
In football, anything can happen. If a player decides not play, the worst thing that can happen is to take him off.
yeah...i remember dt messi own...think it was under dt clueless tata martino, was an away match against athletico and he was angry bcox d man played him in an unusual position on d left side and asked messi to always track back and help defense jus bcoz he knows messi more than d football aspect....messi jus switched to dt off mode..
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Elkash01(m): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2020
Maybe the guy na assistant refferee
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Veeque(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2020
paulolee:

yeah...i remember dt messi own...think it was under dt clueless tata martino, was an away match against athletico and he was angry bcox d man played him in an unusual position on d left side and asked messi to always track back and help defense jus bcoz he knows messi more than d football aspect....messi jus switched to dt off mode..
Exactly
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by TheCvBank: 10:53am On Jul 13, 2020
Reminds me of Nketiah against Leicester last week. Baba no touch ball but collected red card and was sent off. arsenal went defensive and Leicester pressured until Vardy smashed one in. I bet Arteta regrets that substitution.

2 Likes

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Skyfornia(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
E come field come supervise him team mates
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by iamgprince: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
maybe he was stand-sleeping on the field
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hespee93:
Meet The Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball

It will surprise many that a Footballer played an entire 90 minutes without touching the ball, could this be real, yes it is....

Thomas Langu Sweswe of Zimbabwe, a defender, he played for Manning Rangers, Kaizer Chiefs, Wits and Black Leopards - South Africa, Highlanders, Dynamos and ZPC Kariba - Zimbabwe. He retired from football at the age 35 in 2017 and the last club he played for, was ZPC Kariba of Zimbabwe, he's currently 38.

He played an entire 90 minutes in a Kaizer Chiefs game and never touched the ball.

It's one of the records that may never be broken in Football history.

https://www.nigfooty.com/2020/04/meet-footballer-who-played-90-minutes.html%3Fm%3D1&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiOg9XVqcjqAhWFCWMBHfjEC7kQFjANegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3Kz9zZA5Th10rynHGCmYZ4[b]It
DAT kind tin

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by potent5(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
It happened to me in secondary school. I had to quit football.

angry

But to happen to a professional football player is Dayum.
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
I thought it was giroud
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by 900winer(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Chai!! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Boy2234: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
LongLife4all:
Did they still pay him salary and all the allowances.
Yes now
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by KanielOutis92: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
You just dropped this here without telling us how. I find it hard to believe that, a footballer ( regardless of his position ), will play the whole of 90minutes, without touching the ball
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
It is possible since he his a defender maybe his term oppressed the opponent to the extent the opponent did not cross the center line
Re: Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball by lilbarracuda(m): 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
blaady lie...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senegal Vs Gambia : AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 15th January 2024 / Beautiful Pictures Of Teslim Balogun Stadium / Nigeria Vs USA (basketball) On Monday August 1st, 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.