Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

My Encounter With Kate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Encounter With Kate (7162 Views)

My Encounter With A Ghost / Encounter With The Witch / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2020
Episode one

I walked helter–skelter around my room impatiently, feeling so uneasy, waiting for the hands of the clock to tick 10am.

Rumour had it that it would be the exact time NYSC would upload the names of Corps members to be mobilized in their website.

The previous night there wasn't power supply, I had gone to my neighbor's flat to charge my phone to be prepared for the D-day.

What made me so eager was that i had to quit my Job (Internship at a commercial bank) last month because i was certain that I will be mobilized , but the reverse was the case. Though some prospective corps members were mobilized a month back but i wasn't .

Alas it was 10am, I deliberately delayed for five minutes incase any issues, i picked my Android phone, logged in. To my greatest surprise my dashboard was blank.

It had been a month and few days since the last mobilization took place, after quitting my Job I was sometimes idle, I used majority of my spare time to prepare for a professional examination that i was enrolled in, it was an advise from my senior colleagues during my stay the commercial bank and i felt the need to enroll in order to increase my chances of getting a good job in the face of the country high rate of unemployment.

I also used some of my spare time to complete a book(Tales of Nene) which I began writing by February.

I was very sad, not because i wasn't mobilized but because i had quit my job with the expectation of being mobilized.

My heartbeat increased times five, I filled my details after several attempts due to poor network. Finally, I managed to log in but there wasn't any posting. My blood became hot, i was afraid, it sent shivers down my spine, I tried to avoid the thought of going for service by November. I was filled with rage from inside. I threw my phone on my bed on switched on my TV to cool the anger rising inside of me.

It had been a year and two months I graduated with a second class upper in Business Administration from University of Benin. We were supposed to be mobilized November 2017, but ASUU strike affected us which also made us miss April 2018 batch. The action had been called off, of recent which made me eligible to be qualified for mobilization .

After checking the site umpteen times most especially every hour i dialed my friend which was also in the same situation with me.

Me: "How far my nigga"

Bright : "Cool and you?"

Me: "Fine, You Don check your name?"

Bright : Yes o, but e never show o, me surprise o"

Me: ***shocked** "Hope say this people never forget us o ?" ** Put my left hand on my head**

Bright: " Calm down, e be like say their site get issue, e go still show. Just exercise patience. " ** laughs**

Me: "No wahala, Just keep me updated"

I became less anxious after the call, Bright was my course mate back in school. He was very intelligent, he graduated with a first class, I had called him because he had access to information, he reasoned logically and he was in the same situation with me. I picked up my phone it was an incoming call from my mother. I explained the situation at hand, her response was bland. She encouraged me to be optimistic. I checked the clock and it read three O'clock. I decided to recheck but the network was worse than the morning time. I tried once more and it began loading slowly. My heart was beating faster, I was breathing heavily. Just then a call came in.
Re: My Encounter With Kate by oluwatosin070: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 7:01am On Apr 13, 2020
oluwatosin070:
Keep it up

Thank you
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 6:23am On Apr 14, 2020
EPISODE TWO

I was flabbergasted, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was my least expected state. I was hundred percent assured that i was going to be posted to Delta state. My elder sister who was currently serving in a government secondary school in Delta state came home for holiday, we had planned that we would travel together to Delta, She promised to take me to all the beautiful places like Sapele, warri and other locations, the rivers , the government house and so many other places before i would head for camp.
It was an experience I looked forward to.
Travelling, reading and writing were my hobbies, but I had preference for traveling compared to others.

I remembered my childhood days when we travelled to Benin city, my younger brother and I would sit at opposite sides of the car looking at the trees on the highway thinking that were going backwards. We were always excited whenever we realized that we would be embarking on a Journey.

I sat, cupped my chin in my Palm, I was perplexed, I was so sure I would be posted to Delta because a family friend had requested for my details and had promise to influence my posting, that was the same method that got my sister to Delta. I accepted my fate and began imagining myself at Kogi state. It was the first time i would be travelling there, I didn't have much information about the place, the people, their culture and traditions, their beliefs and all sorts.
I pick up my phone again, rechecked, it was wasn't Delta state, it was clearly Kogi.
I dialed my mother's number.

Me: "Hello Mummy"

Mum: How are you? any news?

Me: "I am fine, Yes o, It is Kogi i was posted to o"

Mum: "Jesus is Lord, How come? Kogi ke?, That place is too far o, Arrgh, check and confirm flight cost from Lagos to Kogi. All is well."

Me: ** Feeling sad again** "Yes Mummy"

Mum: "Have you told your sister and daddy about this?"

Me: "Yes ma"

Mum: "Take care, there should be a solution o, when i get home we would talk."

Me: "Okay mummy"

I knew nothing could be done, i just had to go, i develop a sudden hatred for the man that aided my sister posting, i picked my phone, went to my class alumni WhatsApp group page to see where others were posted to.
Some were posted to Kano, Abia, Osun, Rivers and so on, I couldn't find anyone who was posted to the same state with me. I needed to act fast i had just four days to report to camp

I Laid on my bed with my face up, looking at the ceiling, i was imagining how the place would be, I thought of redeploying. I didn't know much about the state, from my little knowledge i knew that the capital city; Lokoja, was where the River Niger and Benue converged, i recalled a time when our government teacher told us about his time there; the sun intensity and the abundance of fishes. Lucky, a course mate back in university who resides there once told me how rural the place was, lacking industries, the difficulty in getting White-collar jobs except teaching and the famous Ajaokuta steel company.

I remember at friend of
mine back then, we attended the same tutorial centre during our preparation for UTME, named Feyi who was serving at Kogi. I chatted him up

Me: "Hi"

As i waited for Feyi's reply, I browsed the internet, it was then i realized that Kogi state had no airport ** chai which kind backward state be this na**, i also discovered their language, beliefs, traditions and culture. I had no option than to go through road.

There was a knock on the door, it was my elder sister; Ivie who had just returned from the market She held two bags seemingly filled with clothes and other items.

I didn't hesitate to break the news before she dropped the bags.

Ivie: "How come?"

Me: "I don't know, that man just messed up"

Ivie: "I have some friends there, I don't think they even pay Corpers"

Me: ** I just realized this, I hadn't even thought of it ***hissed***

Ivie: "Anyways, The deed has been done, it's just a year experience, God is by your side"

Me: "Amen o"

I ransacked one my elder sister bag, it was custom for her to buy something eatable whenever she goes out, i was right, i found some cookies, she just smiled, she gave me some. I took my phone to continue browsing about the state just then, Feyi message popped in.

Feyi : "Big man, how far?"

Me: "Fine o, You just dey soft for that Kogi abi?"

Feyi: Soft ke?? This place dry pass wood, i no fit wait o, no run i dey after this service year, I am darker than coal now, you dry Bleep up o, you just forgot me for here"

Me: no be so o, I can never forget you o ***yeepa, so i would now be black too** "well, i have just been posted there too o"

Feyi: ***Laughs loud** "Welcome on board."

Me: "Abeg where for Lagos i go enter bus and how much?"

Feyi: "Enter New Garage, Ojota park, it is #3500.Welcome once more"

Me: "Thanks man, i will call you for further clarifications."

Feyi: "Buy bread come o"

Me: "No wahala"

It dropped my phone to get my travelling box ready for use and be sure it was in good shape .

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by oluwatosin070: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2020
grin ; nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With Kate by silverlinen(m): 6:54am On Apr 19, 2020
OKay.Kwantinue

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by oluwatosin070: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2020
@Op, comma continue this story now

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2020
I will be dropping episode three and four before the end of today. please readers drop your comment and opinion on the story
Re: My Encounter With Kate by purity23(f): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Interesting, following

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
EPISODE THREE

Ivie, My elder sister had to change plans, she travelled earlier than she ought to. It was her second time returning home since the beginning of her service year, she informed us before she left that the next time she would return will be after the completion of her service.

I had gotten all my items needed for camp, I ensured that i bought everything needed including malaria, cough and other important drugs. A very good friend of mine "kicked the bucket" the last batch that went camping a month back and coincidentally it was also the same camp i would be camping, he contracted malaria while in camp, when he returned home, the issue was critical he gave up eventually. when the tragedy got to me I so devastated, I lost interest in serving, I concluded after his death that Nigeria is not worth a nation to serve. When the tragedy got to me I couldn't believe, my disbelief didn't hold water, the obituary was posted, his memories was so lucid, we chatted online few weeks before his demise, he had wanted to introduce me into a lucrative business, I stayed in the same room with him at a point in my stay in the University. I literally couldn't put food into my mouth when i heard of his demise. I kept staring at the obituary, my heart was heavy, I was unconsciously instilled with fear.

I searched for my checklist, it was beneath the sofa, I ticked on the items i acquired as i carefully and neatly arranged them, making sure I placed the drugs before anything else.
I thought of how my experience in camp would be, I tried worrying less, my focus was on the positives. I picked up my soccer boots and placed it in my bag. I was happy that i would engage in physical activities. Since i returned to Lagos, i quit my early morning jogging, stopped playing football, stopped visiting the gym, all these were attributed to the nature of my job, often times, i woke up as early as five am, hoping to have my quiet time, I return from work mostly by 8 p.m. Those were my routine in the University. The difference was obvious, my six packs physique was fading, i manage to maintain it with early morning sit ups and push ups.

The room was hot, i took off my shirt, I stared at the mirror for a while, i noticed i was off my preferred shape. I have always been conscious of my physique, slim and tall precisely 6.2ft, handsome, fair and tall, these attributes was the major reason i was selected as the face of my class final year awards and dinner night while in the university. I knew the camp was also a place where people of diverse ethnicity, values converged, i was also excited in meeting new people. All these thoughts made me feel a rush of excitement.

I have a penchant for meeting people especially girls, they always found their way of being around me, my female folks were double of my male, at a time i had to create a balance so i could concentrate on my studies.

At times they were a distraction, that was my aura, I couldn't keep them off me especially times i wanted to be alone, it was like a magnetic force attracting iron, i couldn't control it, maybe because i was funny. I missed the times of being around girls. At home i hardly mingle, i was an typically an indoor person. I was now eager to go to camp. I was aware of all the happenings that usually occur in camp, the free lifestyles, the regimented nature, fun and everything. I gathered my luggage, took my shower in order to go to bed early and wake early so i would ride with the first bus.
Re: My Encounter With Kate by oluwatosin070: 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
@Op, thanks for the update... But I hope you are still going to drop the next episode today and please make it longer..

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by purity23(f): 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
EPISODE FOUR

I felt unease, a young lady and i were the only one whose parent were present . I wrote my name on the manifest that was on the seat closest to the door, I was number seven on the list. I observed the spacious park, it was filled with buses going to states located in the North central part of Nigeria. I heard two young men perhaps who came to the park together and from their discussions one could conclude the knew themselves before here, they discussed how fortunate they were to meet the first bus.

While I was observing my environment and noticing every incoming travellers, i deduced that ninety percent were Corpers. I wanted to associate with few but i restrained, i wasn't in the mood to talk. Just then my Mum appeared from wherever she went to.

Mum: "I bought a bucket and this soft drink with gala."

Me: "Thank you Ma"

Just the a man of about fourty-five years old announced that all passengers to take a seat, i excused my mum. I choose the middle seat at the last row because of my long legs so i could be able to adjust anytime.

We were seated in threes in four rows alltogether, we were fifteen including the driver, our luggage were strategically arranged inside the bus, my mum came to the window by my right side, she place her hands on my head and prayed loud not minding that people were in the bus, i was sure people perceived me being a mummy's boy. She advised me to be prayerful and not to engage in strenuous tasks, she finally bade me farewell. I was left alone with strangers i gazed ,they were only two adults present in the bus excluding the driver. One was seated beside me and the other in the second row of the first column. It was 8:25am, the journey started five minutes already, i observed nobody had prayed concerning the safety of this journey, i wanted to but i was being careful, i suspected the bus services detest it, i also thought of maybe it was a strange practice to other religion, i was used to starting a journey with prayer, i prayed silently, committing the journey into the hands of God.

The traffic in Lagos -Ibadan expressway was much, some in the bus began to bond, i placed my earpiece listening to 99.3fm while looking at the trees that seem as though they sped, i appreciated nature. The journey was taking too long, when i felt lonely i slept, i played games on my phone, i scrolled through my pictures.

It was past twelve, a young lady in the row in my front alerted the driver that she wanted wanted to urinate, the driver at first refused, it was after others in the bus altogether pleaded that he finally stopped. Just as the the lady by my left who had earlier stuck in her ears asked why the driver had stopped, i explained what was happening, they where few thatched houses in sight. I used the opportunity to stretch my legs and also walked a little. I noticed they lady that sat beside me was staring but i pretended not to notice when she turned, i looked at myself to see if i wearing or holding anything unusual, i then quickly scanned her, she didn't wear make up but she was endowed with natural beauty, her hair extended to her shoulders and the trousers she wore moulded her buttocks to a perfect roundness, her bosom was moderate.

I felt reinvigorated after the few minutes out of the bus, i took my phone and was playing a soccer game. I noticed that she was still staring at me just then I decided to engage her in a chat.

Me: "Hello"

Her: "hi"

Me: "Seems you enjoy music a lot?"

Her: **laughs** "not really. why do you say so?"

Me: ** chai, who send me ask this question na** "because you fixed earphone all through"

Her: "Not really o, it's just to while away time, i can just be staring"

Me: "you have a point"

I was really interested in her, her smile was gorgeous i didn't want to let the conversation end, i thought of a strategy, she sounded friendly and innocent, that was my typical girl.

Me: ***tapped her*** "Are you heading for the camp"

Her: "yes, and you"

Me: "Sure"

She gave that her lovely smile, her gap tooth were visible, she smelt of rose flower, our eyes jammed i looked away. She removed her earphone and dropped them off into her small bag placed on her lap and locked both palms.
I felt my stars were beginning to shine. She was still, probably examining other passengers.

Her: "You have been quiet all through"

Me: ***Pretended as if i didn't hear**

It felt bitter, i ought to have replied, probably i wanted her to recap,. I insulted myself within for being so dull.
I came up with an idea. I ransacked everywhere as if i had misplaced something, i shifted and bent downwards making her inconvenient.

Her: "Any problem"

Me: "Not really, a necklace pendant dropped but i just found it" **Osas you get masters for lying o** "

Her: "Good then"

Me: ** Voice cracking ** "I don't know your name please"

Her: **Smiles** Her white set of sell arranged teeth were visible. "I am Ada"

Me: "wow, such a lovely name, Adaeze in full right?"

Her : "Nah (in a nasal tone), Adanma""

We began to gist, she schooled at Benin Republic, she was from Anambra state, we talked about various topics ranging from her culture, ambitions,hobbies. Occasionally her hands were around my shoulders and whenever she wanted to sleep she would lean on my shoulders with one arm around my neck making me to feel the side of of bosom, but i controlled myself, it was warm.

When we got down for a short break, she bought me a bottle of drink which made me to like her more, i envisaged us starting a relationship and it was evident that she was fond of me and she found me interesting .

When it rained, water enters into the bus through a tiny opening, i assisted her in holding her buckets and sometimes, she was grateful, we had lot of more interesting conversation, she was never boring.

It was 5:36 pm when we passed the border between Ondo and Kogi , one of the adult in the bus assured us that we we get to the camp any time soon. I was really anticipating, Ada was happy too, she told me she attended a military secondary school and any drill we would partake in camp wouldn't be a strenuous to her, i didn't doubt her, i saw her with her mum when i got to the park in the morning putting on a camouflaged cap, i joked about her being my defender from any attack if need be, she just laughed it off, we took selfie.

We all alighted at a round about, I Ada and someone else boarded a cab, they wasn't much activity in the state, the roads were less busy unlike Lagos, but i didn't draw a conclusion. We reached a point where it was clearly written. "No vehicle beyond this point." I paid for both Ada and my fare, she was appreciative.
Armed Military men stationed across the post ordered us to present some documents after checking and approving our luggage, we were ransacked for contrabands. Ada walked few meters before me, it was when i had a clear view, her gait was majestic, she cat walked like a royal, counting each step slowly with her buttocks moving rhythmically.

Sounds of rain made battering noise on the tarred road, We approached the camp gate which was craftily constructed , as we approached the gate, we were ordered to stand still, i heard the sound of trumpets, but had no idea of the song being blown.

Afterwards, Ada informed me it was custom in every barracks, a signal Nigeria has gone to sleep. I nodded in response. We presented our documents to various officers, we went through procedures.

I assisted Ada as much as i could, her registration was more tedious based on her being a foreign students.
it was already past eight, those of us that entered the same bus while coming aided ourselves, i was through with mine. We were given kits, prospectus, matrass and other necessary items.

I exchanged contact with Ada, she thanked me for my assistance, we hugged for about two minutes, she now smelt of sweat, i accompanied her to her hostel which was a few metres from mine. I promised to check on her once i was settled.

I looked at my wrist watch it was past ten, i was very weak, i covered the torn-stricken matrass with my bed sheet, i was very hungry, i had eaten only the snack that my mum bought for me in the morning with the bottle of soft drink Ada brought for me. The room i was given had almost hundred bunks in there, they was mild noise. I laid facing up facing the up bunk, i thanked God silently for journey mercies. By the time it finished my prayers, it was light out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
EPISODE FIVE

I had to listen carefully to be sure of the song being sang. I was in a mix of confusion and surprise. I stood there not knowing where to go. The moon was almost not in sight, everywhere was quite dark except for the flashes of light and rays from mobile phones. I couldn't see anybody's face, but the all white attire was evident.

I was given direction to my platoon which was closest to the thatched decorated podium. I was at the rear, probably the tallest in my platoon. I clapped and swayed from left to right from the unseen faces leading the worship session, it was then i observed the arrangement of how the various platoon were grouped.

The morning devotion was rounded off with the closing prayer. The national anthem was sang followed by the NYSC anthem. I was amazed how some had learned to recite the NYSC anthem so quickly, i lip-sang.

Hundreds of Corpers marched into the crowd, they were the Muslims who had just finished their prayers. It was beginning to get brighter, it could half see the official who introduced herself as the public relation officer. We were being addressed to abide by the rules and regulations of the camp and anyone caught violating a rule with be faced with judgement.

We were commanded to stand at attention for the wake of Nigeria, a soldier in his full uniform blew a trumpet from afar. It was 6:am, we were being informed the activities of the day. It was fully bright, after a brief lecture on drugs abuse we were instructed to fall into our platoon lines.

A dark, stunt looking soldier introduced himself at the platoon commandant, he emphasized obedience as his watchword and discipline as a priority and also pleaded our cooperation. I observed everywhere, i searched if i could identified anyone i knew, few wore university of Benin identity card but it was my first time of seeing them.

We were commanded to March, some who had resumed earlier understood while others did the wrong things, at times we laughed. I liked the exercise it was quite fun.

I was getting used to the activities in the camp, it was regimented, quite stressful, sometimes we slept by twelve midnight and woke as early as past four. Sometimes it was difficult to take our bath in the peak of the cold, we resulted into washing our feet and face, the meal wasn't sumptuous, it was better than i expected. I made some friends in my hostel and platoon and i met few of my old school mates. We were were forced to sit and listen to boring lectures which was sometimes boring and irrelevant, there were inter platoon competition , games, sports and other activities to engage in.

Friday night was our welcome party, i came out earlier so as to get a sit and get a comfortable place to sit, i sat very close to the front, i was replying my WhatsApp messages when someone stepped on me, i raised my head, she has a resemblance of Ada before i could complain the lady apologized, immediately i remembered Ada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please I will encourage those reading to reply as much as possible, it could be any observation, addition correction etc, or any view concerning this story so as to know if I will continue or stop.

Thanks
Re: My Encounter With Kate by IZUKWU(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2020
Good story.more power to your elbow. woaw

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2020
IZUKWU:
Good story.more power to your elbow. woaw

Thanks
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 8:59am On May 02, 2020
EPISODE SIX

She didn't looked apathetic, she offered to dust my feet but i declined. People had started to troop in, grasping any empty seat in sight, the pavilion was almost occupied. I dialed Ada's number, it rang but she didn't pick, i re-dialed and finally she picked her call

Ada: "Who is speaking please?" ** in a sonorous voice**

Me: ***surprised***, this girl didn't save my number sef*** "it is Osaz"

Ada: "Oh"

Me: "Will you be coming for the welcome party?"

Ada: "Yes, i told you in the afternoon na"

Me: ** excited*** "that's nice, where are you presently?"

Ada: "I am at the Man O' war area, i want to get a seat"

Me: "Okay,no need to stress yourself, i have gotten one for you, come to platoon one section, i am seating at the extreme left.

Ada: "Thanks, i will be there in a moment"

I quickly searched for an empty seat and placed it beside me. I anticipated her arrival, i felt Joy within me, i wanted her aura.

It was from a distance i saw Ada on her way to a meeting earlier in the day, we hugged and she was surprised to see me. I walked her and we inquired from each other our experiences in the camp. I complained about her neglecting me, but she explained it was because of the busy schedule of camp activities. I explained to her that i enjoyed her presence on our journey and my intention of building a casual relationship with her, it was when i asked if we could meet in the welcome party and she agreed.

It was more than ten minutes that I had called, yet Ada hasn't showed up. I thought of what could be wrong but i didn't seem to understand the reason for her absence, I was beginning to lose my patience, the party had begun . I dialed her phone again, she picked immediately.

Me: Hello

Ada: Yes

Me: "Aren't you coming again"

Ada: ***silence for a while*** "I am already seated in my platoon stand"

Me: Oh ***stammers* **

I was confused, I checked my phone again to confirm if i dialed the right number, it was evident it was Ada i called. I felt sad and rejected. I couldn't discern her motive for her action, i angrily gave out the chair i kept for her, i now focused on the party, we started with the recitation of the NYSC anthem then a camp official addressed us on the rules for the party.

The platoons were being called in a descending order to dance, i didn't come out to dance, i just sat and enjoyed the fun, laughter and excitement filled the air, each platoons were applauded after their dance.

I was bland when i saw Ada in the heat of the dance, i moved closer to be sure it was her, i changed my angel of view, and to my greatest surprise it was my sweet Adaeze seriously twerking in a provocative manner to the tune of the loud music, I remembered that she was in platoon seven and it was platoon seven turn to dance. she rolled her waist like a professional dancer, she was energetic, she seemed like the lead dancer. I just stared, i was shocked and also disappointed because she had deliberately ignored to seat beside me. After platoon seven were applauded i quickly move close to her so as to know where she was seated before she disappeared In the crowd of people dressed similarly.

I immediately knew why she didn't wanted to come, i felt rage from within, i wanted to have a clear glimpse of the boy who she sat in his laps, but it was dark, i moved closer to capture his image, just then Ada turned back, i turned away from her gaze immediately.

I wasn't sure if she saw me spying on her, i now moved backwards to a distance where she wouldn't be able to easily sight me. He rounded his arms around Ada and she smiled and laughed in a way that confirmed she was having fun.

It just left bittered and angry, the night what i envisaged was opposite of reality. I had envisaged us talking romantically and probably getting to a spot where we could eat and drink, i immediately had a perception of Ada being a bad girl with my conviction bolstered by her recent action. i knew i loved her and i couldn't pretend to myself. I wanted to focus on the party but i lost interest, i left the pavilion in intense anger and walked straight to the hostel.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 7:34pm On May 08, 2020
EPISODE SEVEN

We were seated in a circle eating rice when we started discussing the event of the previous night, Felix the Corper whom we travelled together and assisted me in conveying my luggage to the hostel and Biodun the Corper who was next to my bunk said positive comment about the welcome party. I just remained silent,occasionally I spoke, more about the comedians who thrilled us with their jokes.

Kunle: "We didn't see you at the end off the program, Did you go somewhere?"

Biodun : "yes it is true?"

Me: "I got tired, so i came back to the hostel to sleep"

Kunle: "Okay"

Just as we ate, we heard the sound of whistles blown from a distance , it was the soldiers, they alerted us about the commencement of any activity about to begin in camp. The rest of the boys rushed their meals, wore their clothes and prepared for the lecture which was about to commence in few minutes.

I was calm, i didn't mind the consequence of being late; punishment from the soldiers. I still had a large portion of meal yet to be touched.

The sound of the whistle was now becoming louder, people hastened up with noises of hastiness everywhere. I just surrendered and took my time knowing fully well that i would be punished.

I gazed searching for both Ada and the guy whom she sat on his leg. I was furious, i planned to confront Ada in a polite manner and ask her why she didn't keep her promise last night. As i walked through her platoon i searched but i didn't find her and the guy who was with her, though i wasn't sure if i recognized him that much.

No sooner had the lecture stared when i got a seat. I jotted some points, it was a lecture on drug abuse. At a time i became bored and uninterested, i played game on my phone, i dozed, i tried to manoeuvre the soldiers but i was unsuccessful, we still had over an hour to go.

A number of people who were sitting outside the pavilion came to take a shade from the scorching sun that shone. We adjusted so that the pavilion would accommodate them. The noise from the crowd became loud suggesting the poor lecture to the environment to the camp officials. It was evident that the audience wanted to leave, i stopped pressing my phone because there wasn't anywhere to charge except for the high cost of charging phones in the Camp.

I scented a nice perfume that i couldn't ignore, I traced the source, i discovered it was from the girl that sat by my left. She noticed i stared at her. She was one of the most beautiful lady i had ever seen in my life

Me: "Hello dear"

Her: "hi"

Me: "I love your perfume, it really smells nice, what's is the name?"

Her: "smart"

Me: "cool"

Her: "Thanks"

Me: "it seems you are tired of this lecture?"

Her: "exactly, not just the lecture, but everything in camp"

Me: *** giggle*** "just endure it's a lifetime experience, i am sure you would adapt"

Her: ***hisses** "Let this twenty one days just roll fast i want to travel back"

Me: "This lecture is just so unimportant and the weather isn't helping matters, i wanna take a rest too"

Her: "It is needed o, i am exhausted here"

Me: "Where do you come from?"

Her: "Do you mean my origin or place of residence?"

Me: "Both"

Her: "I am from cross river state and I live at Calabar"

Me: "Wow i have heard a lot about calabar, it is a very beautiful place, although i haven't been there".

Her: "Not really, it took me about eight hours to get here"

Me: "Yours is better, it took me ten hours"

Her: "Wow, where do you stay?

Me: "Lagos"

Her: "Oh, i see"

The sun had reduced it intensity, the lady from calabar had gone back from where she came from, i also discovered that she was in my platoon based on the tag she wore.

The lecture was over, i quickly called Kunle and we went together to the kitchen to queue for food so we could have time to do other things and then relax before the impatient soldiers chase us out for the evening parade.

We were served yam with beans as we walked back holding our food,i opened us to Kunle and Biodun about what Ada did the previous night Kunle advised that i shouldn't be quick to judge her, that i should monitor her closely while Biodun castigated her action, his reason was her telling a lie ensued by her ignoring me.

Biodun suggested i shouldn't have anything to do with Ada, Kunle countered him stating it is unwise to give an impression on a first experience . It became an argument between both of them i had to interfere since the issue was of my immediate concern .

I was in a dilemma, I took sides with Kunle's advice but i knew Biodun had a point. I decided to give the issue more thought but to stick to Biodun Advice for the moment .
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 8:38am On May 16, 2020
EPISODE EIGHT

The altar was made of a wooden table with a cloth that two golden cups beside two lit candles.
The congregation muttered "hail mary" and "our father" repeatedly. It was custom in the Catholic Church to pray rosary before the commencement of the evening mass. I knelt on a concrete floor, I felt pains on my knees.

The Chapel had wooden benches, the chapel was hastily constructed, it had no windows and the walls weren't plastered. From where i knelt, i could see the other church; where non catholics worshipped, i could hear their worship .

Alas the priest arrived, we stood up as he walked the aisle to the alter. The mass took about fourthy five minutes which it ought no to, it encroached into dinner time.

After the evening parade, I was on my way to the camp market to get some items, i stumbled upon a lady who look familiar. She asked if i was aware of the presence of the chapel in the camp which i said no. She then inform me about the Catholic church and their weekly programs, she accompanied me to the market and as we walked we got to know each other, she introduced herself as Maureen. She behaved mature and appeared so. It was obvious she was quite older than me. After purchasing the items, we went to the place where our platoon members were rehearsing for the forthcoming inter-platoon cultural competition happening in two nights . Maureen was part of the cultural group, she suggested that i shouldn't join and i would meet up emphasizing that it wasn't too late, I declined her Offer.

After the rehearsal, Maureen coerced me to attend the evening mass which i lackadaisical obliged.

I stood up to take communion, as i turned to my seat i sighted the girl i saw a day back she came beside me to take a cover from the sun.
I noticed how beautiful she sat at the back of the choristers. I was really impressed by her beauty, i was astonished how i didn't noticed how beautiful she was at our meeting, she was extremely fair and beautiful, she looked like someone of a mixed race. She looked calm, sophisticated and expensive. She looked like someone that lived most of her life abroad, of a foreign descent, her lips were painted red hot and she wore a large golden dangling big round ear-ring. I just stared at her as i walked back to my seat, she didn't see me.

I didn't know when i passed my seat, i was alerted by someone, i felt embarrassed. Till the end of the mass, i couldn't take my mind of her, i lost concentration. I didn't realize when the priest said the final prayers.

The corpers were address before we were being dispatched. I walked briskly to catch up with the girl from Calabar.

Her: ***surprised*** "I remember you so well. Are you a Catholic?"

Me: "of course"

Her: "Good to hear"

Me: "Please give me few minutes, let me talk to someone, i want to accompany you back to the hostel "

Her: "OK, but i will head first to the kitchen"

Me: "alright"

As i turned to excuse myself from Maureen, I saw Maureen staring at me with disgust, she looked at me with anger written in her face i queried her about why the sudden change of mood, she said i would have taken permission before leaving her.
I apologized but she was still angry, she placed her hand by her waist and tapped her feet repeatedly on the floor.

The girl from Calabar beckoned on me to hurry. I explained to Maureen that i want to discuss something important with her. Before i finished explaining, Maureen walked out on me and I was shocked by her attitude. I felt she was just being jealous.
I went to meet the girl from calabar and i remember the scent of that perfume.

Her: "Why did you take much time?"

Me: "I am sorry dear"

Her: "no problem"

Me: "May i know your name?"

Her: "I don't telling strangers my name"

Me: ***laughs*** "but i am not a stranger"

Her: "OK, you have to pay a price"

Me: "name it"

Her: "Lol, well i am Kate, What about you?"

Me: "I am the almighty Osas"

Her: "Almighty indeed"

We both bursted into laughter. We discussed various matters, i noticed that Kate wasn't much of a talker, but i immediately I fell in love with her, i couldn't look into her eyes, it was round and sexy, she had this pitiful look like someone going through a lot, and i felt i could lift whatever the burden was.

After i accompanied her to kitchen. It was time to depart our separate ways, i promised to always check on her, i then waved goodbye as she disappeared into the dark. Just as i dialed my phone to ask Kunle of his whereabouts, I saw Maureen looking at me, she must have been trailing us from the Chapel and must have heard our discussion. I was frozen to the pant.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Kate by Purple31: 10:55am On May 17, 2020
Interesting story. Keep it up!
Re: My Encounter With Kate by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 17, 2020
Masterpiece
Re: My Encounter With Kate by jey4all(m): 12:25am On May 18, 2020
Odoskii:
Masterpiece
una too quick see masterpiece
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 12:21pm On May 21, 2020
EPISODE NINE

It rained for three consecutive days and when it shone it was extreme. No sooner had we started the morning drill when it started from a little shower to a heavy downpour. We were dismissed as the rain intensified, we all chanted joyfully as we were dismissed.
I had the intention of going to the hostel but i took a shade under the pavilion because the rain had increased.

While we sat waiting for the rain to stop, there was murmuring all around, some took time to gist, some were busy with their phone, the band group reahersed too .

The smell of wet soil brought memories, I was watching how little drop of water met at different points turned to gullies that made paths on the red soil.

There wasn't a sign of the rain decreasing, even with large number of people around me i felt cold, i was putting on a plain white T-shirt, i regretted not putting on a jacket. Where I sat, i watched the rocks afar that seemed like mountains that had fogs in their top reaching into the skies, it was indeed a admiration on nature.
I felt someone touch on my shoulder from behind, it was Kunle Felix who was with Biodun.

Biodun: "Mr lover boy no go die on top this Ada matter o"

Me: "It's not about Ada o"

Kunle: "Then what is making you think this way?"

Me: ***pointed to the direction of the rocks**** "I am adoring the beautiful rocks far away".

Biodun: ****smirks*** "Are you sure?"

Me: "Very"

Kunle: "Osaz we have gist for you?"

Me: "What is it about?"

Kunle:"It's about Ada?"

Me: "What happened to Ada?"

Biodun: "Guy chill, no go get high blood pressure"

Kunle: " Yesterday night on my way to the camp market, i stumbled upon Ada with the boy whom you described to us that was with her on the welcome party night, there were coming out of an eatery. I greeted her and enquired about her well being, she responded fairly."

Biodun: "Osaz for your own good, leave this girl alone. You are intelligent and handsome, Just play your game well and you will find someone who really values you."

Me: **** I am doomed**** "I will think about it and make my decision. Kunle are you sure of what you said?

Kunle: "Why would i be telling you a lie??"

Me: "Thanks for this information"

We waited till the rain decreased as we jogged to the hostel.

The rowdiness was unsual this afternoon, Just few minutes after we fell into our platoon lines, A girl who fainted was being rescued by a doctor and his assistants who were Corpers of Medicine graduate. Everyone rushed to the scene but they were being driven back due to the need for air. It took time for everyone to be put in order but the Soldiers eventually did.

They were side talks from all nooks and crannies, the incident made me to remember a friend a mine who took ill while in Camp and died few days after returning home. While we fell into the platoon lines, i was the last person on the queue i gazed around for Kate but she was nowhere to be found, i waited impatiently, i wanted to inquire from a friend of hers but i decided to wait a little longer. Five minutes had passed but Kate wasn't Visible. I was worried that she might had gone home due to illness or something wrong had happened. I recounted my experience with her the previous night and i wanted the experience to reoccur.

I wanted to approach her friend who stood at the start of the queue but i couldn't because i would distort the matching exercise. The matching was over, I saw Maureen approaching but i found my way to evade her before she could reach where i was, i moved to a location where i was sure Maureen wouldn't see me, i wasn't interested in her jibes and i was observing with hope of seeing Kate.

I couldn't walk to where Kate friend was standing because of Maureen.

Just then i sighted Kate from afar. She was approaching the direction where her friend was, she walked slowly, her huge bosom vibrated in the fitted plain shirt that was tight to her body. Her eye lid was painted with a mix red and black and her lips red-hot. Her mood was difficult to tell.

After few minutes Kate and her friend had talked, she was now alone and i went to approach her as i sat beside her.

Me: ***smiling** "hi Katie"

Her: ** In a straight face**** "Hi"

Me: "I have been searching for you from afar"

Her: ***she gave me a foolish look*** "Was i missing?"

Me: ***I remained silent, her response was unexpected, I didn't know where to continue from** "No you weren't, i just wanted to check on you"

Her: "Ok"

I felt something was bothering her, but i couldn't look into her eyes anymore. I took the courage once more.

Me:"Hope you will be around for the evening mass?"

Her: "Why do you ask"

Me: "Nothing really"

Her: "it is undecided"

Me: "OK, take care of yourself"

Her: *** silent***

I moved few metres peeping at her from behind , she still sat in the same way i left her, i knew i made a fool of myself, i regretted approaching her as i bit my finger in regret. I thought i was the cause of Kate's anger but i couldn't see anything wrong i did or spoke .I concluded that something was bothering her or someone must have offended her. I decided to give her time to rest.

As i walked to the hostel i heard footsteps of someone running from behind behold it was Maureen.

Maureen: "You think you can avoid me abi? Have you seen you wife today?"

Me: *** I remained silent **, ***In an angry mood*** "Which wife?"

Maureen: "Kate of course?"

Me: "I don't have time for this please if you have nothing to say excuse me"

I increased my pace, Maureen caught up with me and held unto my hand

Maureen: "Hey Osaz, I am sorry for my naughty attitude last night, please forgive me and i promise to be of good behavior "

I felt I was being too harsh on her, i now spoke to her politely that i had no reason to be offended, we held hands as we walked to the boys hostel. When we reached i told Maureen to call me when going for evening mass and she agreed, she requested for a departing hug and i reluctantly hugged her because of the multitude of boys staring in front of the hostel, she pressed me tight to her and i forcefully pulled her off me.
Immediately Maureen turned back, Biodun and Kunle appeared clapping and smiling sheepishly, i knew what they were going to say.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 12:22pm On May 21, 2020
Odoskii:
Masterpiece

Thanks a lot, please share with your friends, I need more comments
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 10:43am On May 30, 2020
EPISODE TEN

My Motive for attending the evening mass wasn't to worship God neither was it to listen to the word. All i wanted to achieve was just to set my eyes on this girl; Kate.
I felt guilty within because my sincere love for God was being replaced by my selfish desire.

Kate walked in after the homily, immediately i set my eyes on her my heart skipped for joy. I monitored her all through the mass.

When it was time for the offertory, i deliberately walked past her row for her to notice my presence, she didn't stare at me but i believed she had seen me but pretended.

Kate was having a meeting with the choir, i did not know when the meeting would be concluded but i knew it wouldn't be long because it was close to dinner time.
The mass was shorter than the previous, it was already twilight, i leaned at the entrance and i explained to Maureen that i will be waiting for Kate, Maureen agreed to wait with me. I found a way to get rid of Maureen as her presence may cause something else.

When Kate rounded off her meeting Maureen said her goodbye and she stayed back in the chapel to charge her phone battery.

As Kate drew nearer my heart beat increased but i kept my cool.

Kate: "Hi"

Kate: "Are who waiting for someone?"

Me: ***trembles, nodded **

Kate: "That must be your friend over there (she pointed to Maureen's direction) see you another time"

Me: "emm, alright"

As Kate took few steps, i gently pulled her close, she turned back with a shocking look, everywhere was quiet and dark, i could hear Kate heavy breath as a result of shock. Everywhere was still and dark except for the sound of crickets and walksteps .

Kate: "You scared the hell out of me"

Me: "I am sorry"

Kate: "Why is Maureen not with you"

Me: "It is you i was actually waiting for"

Kate: " But you said Maureen earlier"

Me: "yes, I was scared"

Kate: *** feeling guilty***** "You should have told me"

Me: "I was scared"

Kate: "of what"

Me:"You rebuking me"

Kate: "I will never do that, have i ever rebuked you?"

Me: "At all"

We walked to the Kitchen as usual, Kate always carried her cooler to the chapel so as to get dinner afterwards . I was surprised by that because Kate appeared extremely rich and one could say she wasn't capable of eating the not too tasty food prepared by the camp caterers. I reserved my comments concluding she was humble.

Kate came out of the kitchen carefully holding her filled cooler.

Me: "I had wanted to tell you something when we met in the afternoon but i retracted"

Kate: "What is it all about"

Me: "The first day i set my eyes on you i was totally out of control, i felt this instant connection, i admire your personality and charisma, you carriage is excellent and i feel a little of me is inside of you."

Kate: " but this your feeling is so sudden"

Me: "I am surprised myself, i had never had this feeling before, it is just so real and it is burning inside of me and i am always happy being around you"

Kate: "wow, this is interesting"

Me: "seeming"

Kate: "Are you asking me out"

Me: "At all, all i want is just to know you"

Kate: "Hope that is all?"

Me: "All for now"

Kate: "now!"

Me: ***scared*** "that is all"

Kate remained silent, she checked her wristwatch, then thanked me for seeing her off. I also appreciated her for her time and patience.

Me: "You are a likeable person goodnight"

Kate: "goodnight"

I expected Maureen to be somewhere around eavesdropping and appear from wherever she was hiding as she did the last time, but she didn't show up.

I was happy that i had the courage to express my feeling and that i would have point to proof to Ada that she wasn't the only beautiful girl in camp. I felt a lot of excitement when Kate left. I had this feeling that we would build a meaningful relationship it i was careful.

I hopped to the hostel in excitement like some who had just won a lottery to America. Little showers began to rain, i increased my pace.
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 10:48am On May 30, 2020
EPISODE ELEVEN

Over eighty percent of corp members were out for a night program. The room was very quiet because a corp member claimed to have seen a soldier approaching near and the consequence for being indoor was their merciless punishment that caused ache which everyone avoided .

I decided to hide under the bed. For the first week in Camp we had few night activities that ended between eleven P.m to twelve, we had to wake up as early as four in the morning to get water to bathe which was really strenuous .
We were informed in the beginning of the morning parade that the week would be loaded with activities all through. When it was evident that no Soldier was approaching, i changed to my pyjamas and lay on my bed reflecting on how i spent my day and also waiting for sleep to come.
I couldn't sleep because of the noise from the roommates and it really annoyed me.

Less than thirty minutes to the program Kunle and Biodun were back to the hostel. As they got nearer i pretended to be asleep because i didn't want any disturbance.

Biodun: "Just like the other night Osaz came back again"

Kunle: "It's because he isn't really a social guy, he hardly get involved in social activities"

Biodun: "Na lie jare, nobody in this camp can convince me that he or she isn't enjoying the fun, even if you don't like any of the activities, they are lots of beautiful ladies to hook around with."

Kunle: "That reminds me, Is Osaz still interested in Ada?"

Biodun: "I don't know o, recently he has been quiet on that matter"

Kunle: "I think he is taking his time to really observe Ada"

Biodun: "Hmmmn, i think he is just confused, if you could remember, the other evening he hugged a girl romantically in our presence"

Kunle: "That's true, I forgot to ask him who that was, he owe us an explanation"

Biodun: ***laughs***
"I think Osaz is just confused"

Me: ***clears throat*** "I heard everything you guys said said, i am not asleep"

Biodun: "Thank God we didn't say anything bad"

Me: "I didn't accuse you of any wrong, as for the girl i hugged few days back, her name is Maureen and she is in my platoon and also she is my church member, our relationship is platonic"

Biodun: "Osaz, Osaz, hope you are telling the truth?"

Me: "Sure"

Kunle: "How far with Ada?

Me: "I am still investigating jare"

Biodun: *** laughs*** "Hmm, tell us the truth, Maureen is now your new babe abi"

Me: "Don't be ridiculous man, she is more like an elder sister to me, nothing intimate there"

Kunle: "As for me i have discovered a beautiful chick, her name is Omolara, we finished from the same school, but when we were in school we hardly talk just hello friends but today Is saw her when I was training my volleyball girls. I was shocked to see Omolara. It was then i discovered that she was in my Platoon after, and i remembered she was a very good volleyball player while in the University , i then integrated her into the team, the other volleyball girls were highly impressed with her ability."

Biodun: "So you mean she will now be your Camp Chick?

Kunle: "You always jump into conclusion, I wasn't done speaking before you interfered, while addressing the team after rehearsals, i noticed Omolara gave a stare that had a meaning i couldn't decode"

Biodun: "So how does that translates into her being you girlfriend ??"

Me: "Biodun! Let hear Kunle please"

Kunle: "When everyone had gone, i called Omolara to inform her of how i and the entire team felt her impact in the team and were impressed with her performance. I also enquired if all was well, that was how it started, we shared our experiences back in the University, while waiting for NYSC mobilization and our experiences in camp.

We strolled in the cool evening breeze, I felt so free with Omolara like i had known her for years, our hands were locked, we gisted romantically while we talked, I collected her phone number from there we went for dinner, after eating, I walked her back to her hostel, before i finally left her she pulled me closer and whispered in my ears "don't let go of this opportunity, you are sweet"

Me: "Wow, that is a green card, take advantage of this opportunity o, I trust you jare"

Biodun: "What she said could mean many things, don't conclude yet"

Kunle: "Enemy of progress, let's us bet the girl will me mine, no matter the cost i will go for her, you are just being jealous because no lady is attracted to you"

Those who were listening laughed, i kinda regretted letting Kunle and Biodynamic being aware i wasn't asleep. I read and replied my WhatsApp messages while the duo continued with their argument.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
EPISODE TWELVE

I sighted Kate in the midst of the crowd just in the break of the dawn, she isolated herself till her friend came and they talked for a while.

The intensity of the cold that morning was much, despite wearing a light Khaki on a vest, it didn't suffice.

I lost sight of Kate due to an unusual scene; a stampede occurred which the cause was unknown, people from one end ran and others followed.
It was later we learnt that it was confirmed that a girl spotted a gecko and screamed loudly, others ran for dear life thinking it was something of a great danger; perhaps a large reptile.
We all laughed aloud when the public relation officer made the announcement and cautioned us to look before leaping.

The morning devotion had just started when i joined the crowd, i had searched a foot of my missing white trainers, it pulled off during the stampede.

The atmosphere was foggy and the air was blur, the praise was unusual that morning. The lady that took the praise was exceptional, she sounded like Tope Alabi, her voice was melodious. I felt like i was in another realm everyone participated, the worship was filled vigour, the _Shekinah_ of God was made manifest.

Even when she rounded off the camp coordinator insisted she continued. Everyone rendered encomium to her at the end.
It was an instantaneous popularity. I made sure i found my way to the front to have a glimpse, she didn't wear make up she was small of a small stature with a simple earring.

When the morning devotion ended people gathered in twos, three and more to talk about the chaos and talented lady that sang in a mix of different languages.

Hitherto, it was custom after the morning devotion and the morning lecture to proceed to the parade ground for man o' war morning drill and the marching exercise but today was quiet different, there was delay, the camp officials and leaders took time to organize the surroundings and put in place items that were out of place during the stampede.

I joyfully jugged to the section where we had our fitness exercise, my platoon being platoon one was excluded from the rest, we were the first to partake in the exercise.

The cameramen were positioned at different stations, some drills were minds-blowing, the faint hearted avoided such.

We all dressed in complete Khaki and Jungle boots except a big lady that wore the Khaki top with a jean trousers because there wasn't a provision for her size.
We were forewarned that it wasn't compulsory to engage in activities that we didn't have the ability to.

Experts demonstrated how to proceed and techniques to adopt, we were then group according to various tasks to engage in.

One that we had go through a tire, another that we had to climb from one side of the net to the other and that which we would crawl beneath a flat netty metal.

I stood on a high earth surface to take a first shot, from where i stood i saw Kate sat and faced the direction opposite me, i was certain it was her because her close friend was standing talking to a popular guy named Yusuf who was from the north.
As i raised my head after i tightened my jungle bootlaces, Kate was already standing, I had a full glimpse. I just stared and admired her beauty with a bit of lust for that almost incited an erection.

Kate caught me staring at her and i took my eyes away and got back to my bootlace, i wanted to approach her but Kate, Yusuf and Kate's friend were discussing and i didn't want to interfere. I thought it would be cowardly not to approach her after she caught me staring.

When Yusuf had gone, I went to meet Kate while she was with her friend.

Me: "Kate how are you doing"

Kate: "Very fine o, how about you?"

Me: "I am cool"

Kate: "Meet my friend Uddy"

I noticed that Kate wanted to mention my name to Uddy but she resisted and i was disappointed that she didn't recall my name

Me: "Nice to meet you Uddy, I am Osaz also in your platoon"

Uddy:"good height"

Me: "thanks"

Uddy hands were soft and cold, she was from Akwa Ibom that it why it was easy for Kate to be friend with Uddy, they were always together. I noticed that Uddy was very lively, she smiled well an also a jovial, she flowed like we have met before, she was much of a talker compared to Kate.

I, Kate,Yusuf and Uddy complemented each other, Uddy and Yusuf were more involved, occasionally i involved Kate but there wasn't much flow. When Uddy moved farther with Yusuf, I requested i and Kate to be alone. After much plea she obliged.

Me: "We really need to talk"

Kate: *** laughs*** "About?"

Me: "Us"

Kate: "Is that why you excluded us?

Me: "Yes"

Kate: "Can't you discuss it while with Yusuf and Uddy?"

Me:"I am not much of a group person, I prefer to isolate myself"

Kate: "hmmn"

I still studied her mood to determine how i will approach her, i didn't want to see the mood i met her that afternoon when Kate snubbed me.

Kate: "What are you thinking? Proceed now"

Me: "I want us to...... "

Just as i wanted to reply, i was summoned by our commander to perform the task. My heart beat faster because it was just a boy that had climbed and no one was willing. All eyes were on me i wanted to impress Kate, but something kept telling me to refrain. I took courage.

I could hear from the crowd "Osaz", "Osaz", "Osaz" and all sort of cheering, Kate also stared at me folding her arms in anticipation .

When i held unto the very thick rope, it vibrated and it took me time to find balance.
I took more steps till i reached the top, my heart pounded my chest. Finally i slid down while as took my shot.

There was an uproar with an applauding, from nowhere Maureen ran into my arms, her bosom was soft.
Re: My Encounter With Kate by saxxyb: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
EPISODE THIRTEEN

Maureen: "Hey Osazuwa, that was impressive"

Me: "Thanks"

Maureen: "I never knew you were this brave"

Me: ** laughs**

Maureen: "You hardly have time for me these days o, by the way how is our wife doing?"

Me: "She is a friend and not a wife just as you are"

Maureen: " friend indeed"

Maureen just dashed and i felt more relaxed that she didn't display any of her naughty attitude, i guess she was getting you to me not being around her and seeing me with Kate.

It was obvious that i was the one that boosted the morale of my colleagues to engage the breathtaking task. Everyone was amazed, they least expected i could face such.
I searched for Kate and i found her isolated from the crowd.

Kate: "That was brave"

Me: "Thanks, As i was saying I need to know you better"

Kate: "you are really surprising me"

Me: "how please?

Kate: *****silent******

Me: ***I don put fire for mountain, chai *****
"I just need to be convinced that you care and you feel something for me, i believe you have something to offer and we could empower ourselves"

Kate: "You are a joker and you are very unserious. I know your type and know how to handle them"

Me: "You called me unserious?"

Kate: "It's just what you are"

Me: " But when did i act unserious? I seem not to remember "

Kate: "You are just unserious and i am not explaining further "

Me: "Kate, the way you speak hurt me at times, you make me feel guilty for no reason"

Kate: "I am sorry if i hurt you feelings, but i am speaking the truth"

I scanned around to ensure no one was actively listening because i was embarrassed and bothered on Kate perspective about me. I tried to remember when i behaved unserious or made a fool of myself. I just squatted and felt very embarrassed but i hid my emotion.

Kate: "hope you are not angry about my comment"

Me: "I am really angry, not only because of the comment, but you have a wrong perception about me"

Kate: "well, its my observation. You have to get used to me, i am very blunt."

Me: "Okay, i accept that i am a joker but i am willing to change"

Kate: "Good for you then"

Uddy:" hope i didn't break the flow here"

Me: "At all"

I observed how she smiled often and her presence always made Kate lively and talk more, that spoke in their dialect . We were beckoned to get prepared for the group photograph. some adjusted their wears and others struggled to be in front.

Me: "Uddy, nice meeting you once again"

Uddy: "my pleasure"

I pulled Kate by her hands and pulled her nearby and pleaded that i would want to seat beside her for the night program so we could talk , Initially Kate was reluctant and she thought for a while before she agreed. I was overjoyed but i concealed my emotion so she wouldn't be full of herself. I went to the back because of my height. After we took the photograph and were dispatched i was dejected and was occupied with the thought Kate comment.

I couldn't concentrate on the book i was reading, I closed it and was heading for the hostel. As i turned to the corner of administrative block. I bumped into Ada, she was gorgeous and she was short revealed much of her thigh.
We went to the pavilion to sit.

Hey: "It's been a while?"

Ada: "You forgot me?"

Me: "It's you who forget me, so explain why you didn't get back to me that other night"

Ada: ***scratches head*** "actually it was network"

Me: ***chai this girl lie pass lai Mohammed, you wet sit down on top man leg***** "I really wanted you by me o"

Ada: "same with me "

Me: "so how have you been?, hope you are fine?

Ada: "As you can see i am doing well."

Me: "so where were you heading too?"

Ada: "I was going for launch"

Me: " then let's go, bills on me"

Ada: ***laughs**** " My boyfriend is taking me out"

Me: "boyfriend! In this Camp"

Ada: "yes, you sound surprised, i am sorry, i didn't inform you in the bus." ** points**

I immediately knew it was the guy Biodun and Kunle described to me an also remembered i saw him, he walked swiftly with a leg that looks like a crab and i wondered what made Ada attracted to him.....

Ada: "Osaz meet my boyfriend Jackson, Jackson meet my friend Osaz"

Me: ** shook hands** "nice to meet you"

Jackson: "You are welcome"

I took off and my mood was worsened before i met Ada. I took my phone and was determined to delete Ada number but i resisted the urge , I was surprised why she didn't inform me she was in a relationship instead of raising my hope.

I headed straight to the hostel with anger boiling inside of me.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Kate by Deleman234: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
I am enjoying your story bro is really interesting but l think you should let readers know when you will update if possible wink wink wink
Re: My Encounter With Kate by ogasharpsharp: 12:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Following
Re: My Encounter With Kate by Asek1(m): 2:10am On Jun 12, 2020
Cool story cool
Pls try to proof-read before you post
It will make the story more interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

War Of Hearts / The Great War / Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.