Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra (1755 Views)

Pls I Need D Cost Of 2008 Mazda Cx7 / How Good Is Nissan Sentra 2008 2.0 / Price Of 2008 Honda Accord (V6) Radiator In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Judeopara(m): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
Please house what could be wrong with a 2008 Nissan Sentra that went for AC repairs, it got to when the Ac needs to be tested after service but the car refused to start, everything was checked up till no avail, even connecting of the battery to the kick start, only makes sound like it want to start but didn’t. What could be the matter
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by autologic: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
Judeopara:
Please house what could be wrong with a 2008 Nissan Sentra that went for AC repairs, it got to when the Ac needs to be tested after service but the car refused to start, everything was checked up till no avail, even connecting of the battery to the kick start, only makes sound like it want to start but didn’t. What could be the matter
U you need to give the detail work that was done on the AC .
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by cyborg123(m): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Battery is drained. Did you test with another battery?
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Judeopara(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
cyborg123:
Battery is drained. Did you test with another battery?

Yes I did check with other batteries,the driver and front passenger window that was whined down refused to whine up
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Judeopara(m): 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
autologic:

U you need to give the detail work that was done on the AC .
When Ac is put on it only freezes outside(bonnet) but doesn’t blow inside the car so the Ac guy said he did the servicing, that the fan with the evaporator was not work.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
Judeopara:
Please house what could be wrong with a 2008 Nissan Sentra that went for AC repairs, it got to when the Ac needs to be tested after service but the car refused to start...
That's what they told you. They've probably caused a breach of your battery heads damaging your BCM. Is your check engine light on? Or better still, is your security indicator light on when your key is turned on?
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by autologic: 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
Judeopara:

When Ac is put on it only freezes outside(bonnet) but doesn’t blow inside the car so the Ac guy said he did the servicing, that the fan with the evaporator was not work.
The AC guy is your problem ,jst tell him to undo any rubbish he did .He might have probably cause electrical issue or blown some fuse.

1 Like

Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Judeopara(m): 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Costee:

That's what they told you. They've probably caused a breach of your battery heads damaging your BCM. Is your check engine light on? Or better still, is your security indicator light on when your key is turned on?
Yes the security indicator light is on, in fact all lights comes on.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Judeopara(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
autologic:

The AC guy is your problem ,jst tell him to undo any rubbish he did .He might have probably cause electrical issue or blown some fuse.
Thanks a lot I will get to it once the lockdown is over, had to tow the car from the workshop in VI down to my house. Even the gear refused to select to neutral hence the ignition is on.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Judeopara:

Yes the security indicator light is on, in fact all lights comes on.
I'm not concerned with all lights. The security light is the car icon with a key that lights up in your cluster. If you insert the key and turn to ON position the car icon should go off. If it doesn't and stays permanently on then there's a problem with your BCM, and hopefully not the ECM too.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
Judeopara:

Even the gear refused to select to neutral hence the ignition is on.
I don't get this. Do you have a twist knob key ignition?
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by AutoMoTech(m): 11:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Costee:

I'm not concerned with all lights. The security light is the car icon with a key that lights up in your cluster. If you insert the key and turn to ON position the car icon should go off. If it doesn't and stays permanently on then there's a problem with your BCM, and hopefully not the ECM too.
Hence a scan for possible clues of the ECM, BCM and whatever module is responsible for immobilizer duties. Hoping those modules have not been fried sha
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by cyborg123(m): 2:06am On Apr 13, 2020
A scan is good but I suggest you check all your fuses first. The AC guy must have caused an electrical short which he will NEVER admit. I suspect it happened while he was testing the compressor clutch with their stupid 17th century method.

Just locate the fuse box and check all the fuses and hope the problem is there. Pay attention to those controlling the devices that are not working and also the brake lights (I assume your brake lights too are not working when you press the brake pedal, that's probably why the gear stick doesn't leave park).

1 Like

Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by autologic: 2:09am On Apr 13, 2020
Costee:

Nissan will generally flag the security light permanently if ECM is down probably due to open circuit or short , not compulsory the BCM has to fried to set the light .
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 13, 2020
autologic:

Nissan will generally flag the security light permanently if ECM is down probably due to open circuit or short , not compulsory the BCM has to fried to set the light .
Not exactly correct in this case. The transponder chip in the key, the BCM, and the ECM constitute NATS, Nissan immobilizer system. The controlling circuit is domiciled in the BCM. This means if the chip is bad because it can’t communicate with the BCM the security light stays on when the ignition is on. If the ECM is also incapacitated as to be unable to communicate with the BCM, the light similarly stays on. Needless to say, when the BCM itself is damaged the light stays on, it's unable to communicate with its brothers.

1 Like

Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by nissparts(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
Fuse.
Check the fused battery terminal
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
Judeopara:

Yes I did check with other batteries,the driver and front passenger window that was whined down refused to whine up
An indication that your BCM got hit.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by monopolistic: 11:40am On Jun 06, 2020
Costee:

An indication that your BCM got hit.

@judeopara how did you solve your issue?

I HAVE AN FX 35 WITH SIMILAR CONDITION YOU MENTIONED.
THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I ON IT AND NEVER GOES OFF.

THE GEAR HAS REFUSE TO SELECT,

ONCE I START THE IGNITION IT GOES OFF 3 SECONDS LATER,

THE FUEL METER DOESNT WORK ANYMORE...JUST BOUGHT A FUEL OF 5K AND IT STILL SHOWING SIGN OF NO FUEL

I JUST HAD A OBD SCAN AND IT SHOWING..

ECM
BCM
Abs,

Please what my next line of action?

@Nissparts
@Costee
@autologic

Please any ideal is welcome
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
monopolistic:

You mean you just woke up one day and had the "similar condition?
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by monopolistic: 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Costee:

You mean you just woke up one day and had the "similar condition?

It a 6yr old car so definitely it has been fixed for other unrelated issues, but this present issue are just starting without doing nothing to it.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by autologic: 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
monopolistic:

THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I ON IT AND NEVER GOES OFF.

THE GEAR HAS REFUSE TO SELECT,

ONCE I START THE IGNITION IT GOES OFF 3 SECONDS LATER,

THE FUEL METER DOESNT WORK ANYMORE...JUST BOUGHT A FUEL OF 5K AND IT STILL SHOWING SIGN OF NO FUEL

I JUST HAD A OBD SCAN AND IT SHOWING..

ECM
BCM
Abs,

Please what my next line of action?

@Nissparts
@Costee
@autologic

Please any ideal is welcome

Classical communication issue, Nissan is one of the early adopter of CAN topology to their system , this goes beyond remote talk , physical inspection & diagnosis is required . Location ?
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by eaglechild: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
cyborg123:
A scan is good but I suggest you check all your fuses first. The AC guy must have caused an electrical short which he will NEVER admit. I suspect it happened while he was testing the compressor clutch with their stupid 17th century method.

Just locate the fuse box and check all the fuses and hope the problem is there. Pay attention to those controlling the devices that are not working and also the brake lights (I assume your brake lights too are not working when you press the brake pedal, that's probably why the gear stick doesn't leave park).
True
Had a similar experience on a Sienna some time back
Exactly what you described and it was just a compressor clutch coil change
Stepped out to use the ATM as they were coupling the parts came back and they had fried the ECU and 3 sensors, with their funny testing.
Of all the cables to use as earth he had to go and open the triple protected one to the ECU

2 Likes

Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 07, 2020
monopolistic:

It a 6yr old car so definitely it has been fixed for other unrelated issues, but this present issue are just starting without doing nothing to it.
What's the year of the vehicle?
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by monopolistic: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Costee:

What's the year of the vehicle?

2005 FX 35.

from the picture below, The gear sign for park or drive is not showing on the dashboard , even the gear is very hard , if i buy fuel worth N 100k it still shows no fuel sign...

2 Shares

Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
monopolistic:

2005 FX 35.

from the picture below, The gear sign for park or drive is no showing on the dashboard anymore, even the gear is very hard , even if i can 100k fuel, it will always show no fuel sign...
The Meter & A/C Amp module which controls these gauges appears to be the prime suspect.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by monopolistic: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Costee:

The Meter & A/C Amp module which controls these gauges appears to be the prime suspect.

Thank you costee,
I see you responded to me on the other thread..God bless you..will see what i can do from all the info i got here,
My first time having car issue beyound the normal stuff.
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by samally: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Costee:

same issue happen to my Toyota avensis 2006..
but culprit was the ABS

it was changed and she came back alive
Re: Ignition Failure Of 2008 Nissan Sentra by smartistics(m): 10:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Call me on 07068456570. The issue with your car is not the BCM, ECU or IPDM issue. It communication gap from the battery positive line to BCM. Call me for a fix.

(1) (Reply)

5 Important Things To Check Before Buying A Used Car / Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot / Cars For Single Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.