Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot (1811 Views)

Body Control Module Or Interior Fuse Box For Toyota Rav4 2010 V6 3.5L / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Anti-lock Fuse Or Relay / Toyota Corolla 1999 Fuse Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by jayuuk: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
Great minds in the house,please i have an 01 camry 4 cylinder engine,the airconditioner was fixed after it stopped coolong for about a month,i opened the engine bay and observed the fuse box covering is warm,i opened the fuse box touched the relays and fuses in there, they were all getting hot,please what could be wrong,as it was only gas and dryer that were replaced in the car.please help me.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
jayuuk:
Great minds in the house,please i have an 01 camry 4 cylinder engine,the airconditioner was fixed after it stopped coolong for about a month,i opened the engine bay and observed the fuse box covering is warm,i opened the fuse box touched the relays and fuses in there, they were all getting hot,please what could be wrong,as it was only gas and dryer that were replaced in the car.please help me.

Engine produces heat, more so when the a.c is turned on. Look for any car and compare under same conditions, I'm sure its same for every car.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
jayuuk:

It seem the system have been 'kazeemized'.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by Lexusgs430: 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
The heat in Nigeria can melt mountains!!!!
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by jayuuk: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please my people, i need a postive response to enable me know where to start from.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by uwemjack(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
How long was the car parked before you touched the fuse box?
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by jayuuk: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2015
I drove the car for about 15 mins,got home out of curiosity, opened the engine bay to have a look at what they did that was when i felt the hotness of the fuse box
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
jayuuk:
I drove the car for about 15 mins,got home out of curiosity, opened the engine bay to have a look at what they did that was when i felt the hotness of the fuse box

If you are in lagos let's meet free consultancy.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by uwemjack(m): 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
jayuuk:

lets see a picture of your fuse box uncovered
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by Coldplay007(f): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2015
I'm sure you were probably not with them when they fixed the AC..
I saw pepper with those AC kasumus.. once they fix the mechanical parts they know how to fix and the AC is not working, next thing is to remove thermostat, if it still doesn't work, they connect fan to start working once the ignition is started...
If that doesn't work, their final solution is to start connecting wires... from fuse box straight to compressor... grin

1 Like

Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
Coldplay007:
I'm sure you were probably not with them when they fixed the AC..
I saw pepper with those AC kasumus.. once they fix the mechanical parts they know how to fix and the AC is not working, next thing is to remove thermostat, if it still doesn't work, they connect fan to start working once the ignition is started...
If that doesn't work, their final solution is to start connecting wires... from fuse box straight to compressor... grin

I see you have lots of experience in a.c matter.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by Coldplay007(f): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I see you have lots of experience in a.c matter.

I Will soon open a thread about my AC experience with pictures.... grin
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by jayuuk: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Good day,find attached the fuse box.

Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
With the a.c turned on and the head lamps, put your finget on the relays(temp test) to see if any is giving off excessive heat. If you find one unplug it and take a pic of the terminals. Also sniff for burning smell.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by honmusa(m): 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
jayuuk:
Is not normal for ur fuse and relay box to be hot .U probably have a short circuit somewhere along ur wiring circuit.To confirm if their is a short circuit ,try to remove the car battery and feel the temperature of the fuse box again .IF the temperature reduces ,u need to troubleshoot along the circuit to trace the short .
Call 08061166316 for auto electrical troubleshooting
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by jayuuk: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gd day @ honmusa,pls am in owerri, where is your location.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by honmusa(m): 6:51am On Apr 15, 2015
jayuuk:
Gd day @ honmusa,pls am in owerri, where is your location.
Sorry I am in Lagos but I can still give u remote support and troubleshooting ,it is a easy fix.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by jayuuk: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
@ Honmusa, God will bless you plenty, i did a check on the individual components in the fuse box as you instructed and guided me on the phone, i observed a particular relay was hotter than the rest, i pulled it out started the vehicle, checking out for any function that is not operational,the high beam in the head light was the issue,i bought a neon Hd light and the rewire installed it,am disconnecting them first thing tomorrow morning, Thanks a million again @ Honmusa, you are too much.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by honmusa(m): 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
jayuuk:
@ Honmusa, God will bless you plenty, i did a check on the individual components in the fuse box as you instructed and guided me on the phone, i observed a particular relay was hotter than the rest, i pulled it out started the vehicle, checking out for any function that is not operational,the high beam in the head light was the issue,i bought a neon Hd light and the rewire installed it,am disconnecting them first thing tomorrow morning, Thanks a million again @ Honmusa, you are too much.
Re: Engine Bay Fuse Box Cover Getting Hot by honmusa(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
@jayuuk
U are welcome ,it has been a pleasure resolving the issue together .Don't hesitate to call if u need any further assistance in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Volkwagen And Ford Cars Which Last / LANDROVER 4 Experts Attention Needed On Reprogramming...solution?? / Gl450 Benz Fire??? Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.