Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., (610 Views)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by vedaxcool(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
I was thinking between an atheist and agnostic who is more rational or which appeals more to rationality?
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by UyiIredia(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
i'd say agnostic
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by vedaxcool(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

i'd say agnostic

I was thinking along that line.
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by UyiIredia(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2011
NMH in agreement >>> besides atheists (especially the so-called New Atheists) can be as bigoted as religious fundamentalists (a proof of this is Mr Mudley313) >>> such (as far as i know) isn't the case with agnostics >>> BTW, why the topic ?
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by Jenwitemi(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2011
The agnostic, definitely. He or she leaves the door open for possibilities. This is not, however, the case with an atheist who thinks he or she has all the necessary data to explain all reality, when he actually knows next to nothing.
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by Jenwitemi(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
Religious Theist - Most irrational of the three

Agnostic - More Rational than the other two

Atheist - Less irrational than the religious theist
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by UyiIredia(m): 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
okay >>> you proven to me beyond all doubt that i can scratch off agnostic from your 'descriptive' wink qualities
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by mazaje(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
Jenwitemi:

The agnostic, definitely. He or she leaves the door open for possibilities. This is not, however, the case with an atheist who thinks he or she has all the necessary data to explain all reality, when he actually knows next to nothing.

My man you sure say you no dey lie for here?. . . .
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by Jenwitemi(m): 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2011
Well, you guys do act like that, don't ya? Like you have all the answers all wrapped up when you are just guessers like the rest of us. You're always very sure what isn't, as well as what is.
mazaje:

My man you sure say you no dey lie for here?. . . .
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2011
If I say "We cannot know if there is a God, but I believe there is one" - what does this make me?
If I say "We cannot know if there is a God, and I believe there is none" - what does this make me?
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by thehomer: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2011
Again this confusion of meanings.

Agnosticism and atheism address different concepts.

One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist among others.
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by Jenwitemi(m): 1:22am On Jan 05, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

If I say "We cannot know if there is a God, but I believe there is one" - what does this make me?
Irreligious theist?

Chrisbenogor:

If I say "We cannot know if there is a God, and I believe there is none" - what does this make me?
An atheist?
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by vedaxcool(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2011
Pls could more atheist answer the question.
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by DeepSight(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
thehomer:

And you, thehomer, what are you?
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by vedaxcool(m): 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
Hence Agnostics are more rational and Logical than atheist, is there any opposing view? As I wonder why the gap between agnostic and atheist since they are both suppose to be appealing to rationality rather we note that athesit have not reached the pick of rationality, the question arises why?
Re: I Was Thinking Between An Atheist . . ., by UyiIredia(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
Deep Sight:

And you, thehomer, what are you?

seconded >>> thehomer, what is your own stance

thehomer:

yes >>> because agnosticism is a stance on knowledge not God
no >>> because this stance dictates the belief/non-belief on the notion of God

(1) (Reply)

Can You Confess All Your Sins To A Reverend Father? / Amazing Love / Letter 94 Given By The Lord Jesus To Susan On Friday, March 25, 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.