Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,928 members, 7,838,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (54235 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by RaymondFantasy(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2020
Cchuks27:

Funny enough, I have both apps on my phone. I use them simultaneously. However, I guess I prefer Quora only because of their algorithm.
ok bro
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Leezah(f): 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
cheesy
lordweezy:
Chai inside life
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by daniddan1999: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

You don't have a bf or what?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
Olamsoh:
When my dad retired from his regional managerial position in an oil company in 2007, things were super rosy for a bit and everyone (family & friends) were swarming around like bees to honey.

Fast forward 3 years later when Dad was duped in tens of millions, things started to wane and then we saw the harsh reality of life roared it's ugly head. Friends turned foes, family turned it's back.

My dad went for a major hip replacement surgery and was stranded in the hospital. Several calls to ex colleagues of his, friends etc seemed mission impossible and it was really surprising seeing these same people that flocked around and requested numerous favors from my dad act like they couldn't even recognize his name. My mum cried, my dad was bitter and there was this huge cloud of disappointment, disbelief and betrayal hanging over my family.

We felt Betrayed but better enough to use that as the fuel/energy for our comeback

ehya it's really bad when one taste wealth and roll off to the floor. They're too many fake friends in the world. best is have few friends

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pascopele:
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️

Even till day he still hasn't paid?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Leezah:
Reading the stories on the trend, I learnt the following:
� The people who can hurt us the most are those we call friends because they have every detailed information about us.
� In a relationship, whatever that's going on is between you and your partner. There should be no third parties involved. Do not get your friends too close to your partner.
� Curtail information you feed to friends and some family members too because people are not what we think they are.
� Learn to give your trust to those who have earned it.

2012 was a learning seasons for me. I housed a friend in UAE not knowing he does drugs until the day he was caught. He dribbled the police to call and send signal to my very good friend and next door neighbor to ask him to dispose of the stuffs in the house & ask me and everyone there to leave as well. But reason best known to him, he came and took some bags away, informed the people in the other room of the situation and left me and my boyfriend as we were watching a movie

For all we know, he went down to buy some groceries. Angry that he had wasted time and that he sent someone to carry his bag without telling me. Angry to myself too for even letting him carry the bag out. Weird as it was but I kept quiet.

After some time this friend and next door neighbor called me to his room where he sat with his wife both scooping beans into their mouths, told me that I should stay calm as my friend has been arrested & will be coming with police for questioning but I shouldn’t fret but answer them, not seeing anything wrong in answering police questions, I went back to my crib.

Some minutes later, we got a bang and it was hefty CID personnels with my friend in chains. He almost ran back on seeing us (he did not expect to see us after his warnings) but they pushed him in asked if we knew him & I said yes. Asked for his bag and I showed them his portion of the wardrobe but as they flipped his cloths what they found gave me shivers. My friend called them to whisper what I later knew he asked them to take him & leave every other person

Truth is, I have seen many drug movies. Men brought packages out and the stupid me was asking them what it was. They said calmly that it’s ashish. All the calmness left when they opened his bag under the bed and found the main thing, different kinds and packages. We were bundled, for the first time in my life I was handcuffed but also chained with the drug cocaine lord in my house.

what happened next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
bestabigaelever:
Most of the betrayals here are girls related And the food own is funny... Lol

Yes you ladies just have this natural envy for eachother
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by kuverah(f): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
During my university days, I dated a guy and we happen to hail from same place i.e local gov and tribe. The guy was so over possessive of me that I can't have enough time of my own. He was so jealous that he stopped me from talking to any male on this planet apart from uncle that I normally stays at his home before I move over to the campus. I can't talk to my uncle's son while with him, my primary and secondary school mates, those in my neighborhood, my church or fellowship members etc as far as they are men. He abused me emotionally by making me feel inferior so that I will not believe that I'm beautiful and he will make it as if he is doing me a favour by dating me. He is so insecure that he will tell some of his friends that are in different uni that his girlfriend is not that pretty but whenever we met, they will be like 'she is so pretty' and some will go to the extent of backstabbing him and if I tell him about them or showed him their text, he will say is agape love. I went back home for holiday then I met my now husband. We started dating and I feel the difference, i understand how sweet love is and I even gain some weight. I confide in some of my friends about my abusive relationship with my ex, they gave me a leaning shoulder and they are among my bridal train. My ex dated the two friends I confided in to get back at me. Even though I was born and bred in my state capital, my hubby insist on we getting married in the village cos of his parents, (we are also from same place) my ex accompanied one of my friend he dated after me to my grandfather's compound cos he knew the place. I can't come for Christmas without him stalking me, he too must come down for Christmas. She pretended to be my friend not knowing she is an enemy in disguise. She immediately got married to an ass of a guy that pretended to be an army officer because i got married too, but she now look old and haggard, obviously she is not happy. The other one who is few years older than me is still not yet married, he broke up with her and she complained to some friends that he always mentioned me whenever they are together. My ex the last time we met in a wedding is still not married and jobless. The point of betrayal in my long epistle is not that I'm hurt my ex dating my friends, but my friends accepting to date him after what I used to tell them means that they can't have my back and they never truly loved me as a friend and I realise that if they were able to do that, they can easily kill me if they have the opportunity and that I have only few true friends in life.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Pascopele: 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Frankicent:

Even till day he still hasn't paid?
Yes
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pascopele:
Yes
lol 600k and you over looked that.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Leezah(f): 4:59am On Jun 13, 2020
Frankicent:

what happened next?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by IyaTola: 6:13am On Jun 13, 2020
Ogalanyaidi:

He did nothing to you...
U too will do the same thing or more..
You better forgive yourself
ok
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Pascopele: 7:05am On Jun 13, 2020
Frankicent:

lol 600k and you over looked that.
can you help me?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Frankicent(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
Pascopele:
can you help me?

Sue him. That's the best option

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
zcee:
Even some of us telling our stories must have betrayed someone else....

Excactly
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
MYHUBBY:
there was this lady I met when she came for post utme in my school, we exchange line and we started dating along the line, I helped her with her admission but after she gained admission her parents divorce during that period and her dad pay no attention to her and her siblings again, their mom too wasn't financially buoyant.

she was at the edge of losing the admission but as a committed lover I tried all could to rescue her from the admission but all efforts to no avail, so I used my 400l tuition fee for her since my sch don't disturb for tuition fee until during final clearance, I risk it but this bitch had to played me out, she was double dating with me after she resumed, she was pregnant for the guy before she could even tell me that she can't move on with me again

I was traumatized, I felt used, deceived and ridicule after her friends told me she was pregnant and her traditional marriage was days ahead. it was a sad experience since then I change my principles of choosing

my advice for men, don't attempt to marry a lady from a broken home, they're always emotionally and psychologically traumatize forever

Sorry about that.
Question for you, given that she was double dating, how did you know you were not the author of the pregnancy?
Is the lady married now? Did she ever try to contact you again? They always end up by regretting their deeds
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Noloss:
Hmmm, where do I even start from. I was 7months pregnant in 2011 when my husband lost his banking Job. He decided not to tell his mum(FIL is late) so she wouldn't be devastated because he's being supporting the family as the firstborn.

Few weeks after, MIL called to request for money, hubby declined for the first time and was forced to tell her that he lost his job.

You know what, MIL did not call again till the following year April(close to 9months after, not even when I put to bed and we informed her) to ask how we've been faring.

I can't even count many sacrifices we've made for her and the family. Our house was always full when things were rosy.

Did you stop inviting people? Or they just stop visiting
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lighthammer:
The one that affects me most and turned my life upside down
turning me into someone who now begs,cnt boast of ordinary 1 k again
a friend that i brought from my town in osun state to kwara here,housed him,fed him and clothed him fr almost 6 month last year,got a job paying almost 50 k fr him,while am earning 35 k myself,
so i took a huge loan of almost close to 500 k to start a business but my so called friend joined league with some people and defrauded me,then shit hit the fan,i lost my job,got arrested many times,almost commit suicide because i was overwhelmed....
i was evicted from where i was paying close to 100 k as rent,my other friends and people i have helped in the past turned their back on me...
i lived in an uncompleted building fr two month...till nw am nt balanced financially,emotionally and psychologically....
as am typing now,been surviving on water and mangoe fr d past one week....
fear people......fear people and limit who you help.

Hmmmm....
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
skyplustk:
how many will I mention but the most painful was that of my neighbor she knew something about me she later used it against me all in the name of she's trying to help me

Maybe she was trying to help for real
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Noloss(f): 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheCongo2:

Did you stop inviting people? Or they just stop visiting
They stopped automatically when there was no rosy delicacies, no money to throw around anylonger.

For example, my hubby must on generator even in d afternoon for MIL to watch video then but we couldn't even afford it at night.

We couldn't meet up with their demands like formal.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Noloss:

They stopped automatically when there was no rosy delicacies, no money to throw around anylonger.

For example, my hubby must on generator even in d afternoon for MIL to watch video then but we couldn't even afford it at night.

We couldn't meet up with their demands like formal.

So sorry.
I have always read about stories like that. Someone going from grace to grass and then friends cut him off. Always wonder how this could happen.
So sorry it had happened to you.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Noloss(f): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheCongo2:

So sorry.
I have always read about stories like that. Someone going from grace to grass and then friends cut him off. Always wonder how this could happen.
So sorry it had happened to you.

Thanks so much. By the grace of God things are getting better now.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Collinsaik:
we ve been frnds for like 6yrs, we were so close that even his family knew me and accepted me vry well peharps becos i was the nice guy type of person. i recall assisting him financialy on numerous occasion without getting a refund nt because i was financialy stable but because naturaly generous prson n was more oppurtuned than him at dat moment becs i work as a local building contractor and he dosnt hav any skills so ech time i get a job i mst cary him along so dat he can do smtin n get paid. years pased and he luckily landed a job in an oil company to work as a helper throuh the hlp of his elder broda hu wrks there. he wast edcatd bt manage to land d job payin 145 k monthly. (i got to knw hw mch he earned much later 2ru hs pay slip dcumnt because he began keepn secrt.) my becm vry arogant and insulting in no time distanc me and made new frnd dat were of his clas while lavisin money on women on clubing. i rily felt betrayd cos of his attitud n insut. i ges u can predict his fate afta he lost d job 4yrs la8r

Are you in touch now?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
bigcee:

Fear of God? You Kissed and suck her breast and you're still talking about "fear of God"...Are you normal?

Lol.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 15, 2020
TheCongo2:

Are you in touch now?
. of course we stil relate wel although vital lessons hav been learnt.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2020
Collinsaik:

Would love to hear your story

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Collinsaik:

By the way, is there any indication she regret her action?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by QuinModah(f): 9:38am On Jun 16, 2020
Do you want to be my BF?
Frankicent:

You don't have a bf or what?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by QuinModah(f): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2020
Hi I got your pm cant access it. Kindly reach me on the number on my profile.
TheCongo2:

By the way, is there any indication she regret her action?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheCongo2: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2020
QuinModah:
Hi I got your pm cant access it. Kindly reach me on the number on my profile.

Are you on WhatsApp?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Woman Names Her Son 'Vagina' (Photo) / Man Loses Custody Of His Children Who Were Caught Watching Porn In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.