Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story (26454 Views)

Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal / Marriage Mentoring Class (mmc) For Couples With Marriages Age 0-7 (star Couples) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Couples with thriving marriages, please share your story. Do it for the people who have lost hope in having one

6 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by silvoclaira: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2023
hmmm there's a lot going on in marriages.

Money money money money money

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2023
Even thriving marriages have their ups and downs which only the fittest can survive. At the end of the day, na bills and responsibilities you go still meet inside the marriage, thriving or no thriving. So, nothing special. Just enduring suffering and smiling.

Owo ni Koko.

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2023
We do not want negativity na, share if you have got an experience
EriMma1:
Even thriving marriages have their ups and downs which only the fittest can survive. At the end of the day, na bills and responsibilities you go still meet inside the marriage, thriving or no thriving. So, nothing special. Just enduring suffering and smiling.

Owo ni Koko.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
Please share so we can counsel you

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
We do not want negativity na, share if you have got an experience

I'm not being negative but realistic. Don't get me wrong.

Marriage can only be sweet when there's enough money to meet your needs. I don't know if that's what your definition of " thriving" is. A situation where it's "thriving" in lack of funds or not enough, just know that it's endurance. Many are smiling in the face of adversity hardship and hope against hope.

Again, I'm not being negative.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
Are you married?
IyaebeTheGreat:
Please share so we can counsel you

1 Like

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
EriMma1:

Marriage can only be sweet when there's enough money to meet your needs. I don't know if that's what your definition of " thriving" is. A situation where it's thriving in lack of funds or not enough shocked, just know that it's endurance. Many are smiling in the face of adversity hardship and hope against hope. That is why those who cannot endure looks like they are not "thriving."

Again, I'm not being negative
Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Are you married?
Yes, I have five kids already

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=122176988][/quote]

By the bolded I mean doing well in other areas apart from the financial aspect. I don't know if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by Zonefree(m): 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2023
Any man under the age of 45 coming here to say he's enjoying a thriving marriage with his Nigerian wife is telling a big fat lie!

130 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2023
Share you won story
EriMma1:

By the bolded I mean doing well in other areas apart from the financial aspect. I don't know if that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Everyone is not like you, Are you saying no man is enjoying their marriage
Zonefree:
Any man under the age of 45 coming here to say he's enjoying a thriving marriage with his Nigerian wife is telling a big fat lie!

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Then share you story se fini
IyaebeTheGreat:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by Pojomojo: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
EriMma1:

Owo ni Koko.

True but you should be able to share then you could have ended with your last sentence.

1 Like

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by Pojomojo: 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Full or part time house wife or working class wife

2 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Share you won story

I have none. Not yet married.

3 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
Then you do not have the moral obligation to make any comment about the subject matter
EriMma1:

I have none. Not yet married.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by bukatyne(f): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Zonefree:

Your male relatives' marriages did not thrive under the age of 45?

Even if you grew in a cocoon all your life, you were surrounded by family & friends.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
Then you do not have the moral obligation to make any comment about the subject matter

Sorry o madam ajuwaya.

9 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by NoToPile: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
bukatyne:

Your male relatives' marriages did not thrive under the age of 45?

Even if you grew in a cocoon all your life, you were surrounded by family & friends.

grin grin grin😂

Very valid question @bolded.

Bukabuka happy new year.

8 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by bukatyne(f): 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
NoToPile:

grin grin grin😂

Very valid question @bolded.

Bukabuka happy new year.

Happy new year dear.

He should come and tell us his experience. His young eyes has surely seen something.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by lavylilly: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
ko si da nu
EriMma1:

Sorry o madam ajuwaya.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
lavylilly:
ko si da nu

Same to you.

5 Likes

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
EriMma1:

Marriage can only be sweet when there's enough money to meet your needs. I don't know if that's what your definition of " thriving" is. A situation where it's "thriving" in lack of funds or not enough, just know that it's endurance. Many are smiling in the face of adversity hardship and hope against hope.

Again, I'm not being negative.

There is also thriving from people's eye (those who see from outside) eg a woman married to a rich person and she every material thing u can thing of but in the home the hubby has no love he is abuser and womaniser, then the thriving within one's heart where everything is perfect to your own personal point of view

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by EriMma1: 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

There is also thriving from people's eye (those who see from out) eg a woman married to a rich person and she every material thing u can thing of but in the home the hubby has no love he is abuser and womaniser, then the thriving within one's heart where everything is perfect to your own personal point of view

Yeah. That too.

1 Like

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by ibechris(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2023
Zonefree:

I totally disagree with u.

Don't use your situation to think others are passing through the same thing u are going through. In fact, the problem with most Nigerians is that,during courtships,most intending couples don't discuss matters that are of concern to their future.

They often don't prepare for the future and that is why,many are in dire need of financial and moral uplifting in their marriage.

In China,an average Chinese don't ever talk about marriage except they are able to acquire an apartment where he and his wife would live,but here in Nigeria,immediately a guy makes 5million naira he runs to marry and spend virtually all that he had acquired just to impress everyone.

That is why u see most marriage crashing on a daily basis.

Another reason is,most men marry liabilities and come back to regret ever making that mistake. I am not perfect,but I remembered asking my wife her financial role if we get married and what we would be investing our money into as time goes on. I also remembered,she once told me,that she would like me to take charge of whatever investment we shall be putting our money in since I was more versed in investment than her.

We discuss a lot that i can't say here.

Many intended couples invest so much time in preparing for wedding than preparing for marriage and the future ahead.

Lastly, before u prepare for marriage,sit down with ur wife to be,discuss money matters with her,don't marry a man or a woman who has no job,no hand work or education. If he or her parents are not rich,pls be careful. Some may be lucky while others may not be.

Note: many homes are enjoying their marriages and I am one of them,with this,i think I have made my points

Good luck.

134 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by ibechris(m): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Zonefree:

Feel free to ask me questions and don't generalised pls.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by JapaToDNext: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
ibechris:

Don't use your situation to think others are passing through the same thing u are going through. In fact, the problem with most Nigerians is that,during courtships,most intending couples don't discuss matters that are of concern to their future.

They often don't prepare for the future and that is why,many are in dire need of financial and moral uplifting in their marriage.

In China,an average Chinese don't ever talk about marriage except they are able to acquire an apartment where he and his wife would live,but here in Nigeria,immediately a guy makes 5million naira he runs to marry and spend virtually all that he had acquired just to impress everyone.

Another reason is,most men marry liabilities and come back to regret ever making that mistake. I am not perfect,but I remembered asking my wife her financial role if we get married and what we would be investing our money into as time goes on. I also remembered,she once told me,that she would like me to take charge of whatever investment we shall be putting our money in since I was more versed in investment than her.

Many intended couples invest so much time in preparing for wedding than preparing for marriage and the future ahead.

Lastly, before u prepare for marriage,sit down with ur wife to be,discuss money matters with her,don't marry a man or a woman who has no job,no hand work or education. If his or her parents are not rich,pls be careful. Some may be lucky while others may not be.

Note: many homes are enjoying their marriages and I am one of them,with this I think I have made my points

Good luck.
thanks for sharing

Some people are just naturally pessimistic

They want others to pass through hardship/wickedness, simply because they passed through it one way or the other

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by Pojomojo: 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
ibechris:

Lastly, before u prepare for marriage,sit down with ur wife to be,discuss money matters with her,don't marry a man or a woman who has no job,no hand work or education. If his or her parents are not rich,pls be careful. Some may be lucky while others may not be.

Note: many homes are enjoying their marriages and I am one of them,with this I think I have made my points

Good luck.
Thank you for your honest contribution.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story by nabiz(m): 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=122176579][/quote] married for 9years when we hardly eat, and till date we have never had a problem that last more than 12 ours. We did not just married till life do us apart, our marriage is till life and eternity. 9 years of marriage without pastor, fried or family members to come and settle us. My wife is the woman any man can have. I have the most wonderful family a man can think of

65 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. / 'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.