Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Covid 19 Extension: Trying Different Ways Of Using Groundnut - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Covid 19 Extension: Trying Different Ways Of Using Groundnut (407 Views)

See Different Ways Plantain Can Be Enjoyed. (pictures) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / 3 Different Ways To Prepare Sallah Ram Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19 Extension: Trying Different Ways Of Using Groundnut by SmartBam: 4:35am On Apr 14, 2020
The Coronavirus pandemic has affected us all in more ways than one. Not even this new extension..... Covid-19 stay home compulsory holiday has made me try out this recipe.I bought the raw groundnut around January and kept it under my table.

I just remembered that intellectual game that we always play "mention how many things you can use a cup for" so i applied the same strategy, so I ask myself what can I do with this groundnut? and this is what I arrived at ...........

Peanut Burger Recipe
1 Cup Groundnut
1 Cup of Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp baking Powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp flavor
Grated nutmeg (optional)
Cinnamon (optional)
Vegetable oil for frying

Procedure
Roast your raw groundnut in a non- stick fry pan. Add a little bit of salt (eye- measurement). Keep stirring while roasting, make sure it doesn’t burn. Remove groundnut from pan and set aside to cool off.

In a bowl, crack you egg , add the egg and whisk till the sugar dissolves, add your flavor (I used colorless vanilla) and set aside.

In another bowl, add the dry ingredients(flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon if you have) and set aside
Peel roasted groundnut shell. Select only groundnut that are together and not broken. Place in a wide bowl.

Pour small amount of egg in the roasted groundnut bowl and shake anticlockwise(to get ball shape) until all the groundnut are coated.

Add small flour mixture in the bowl and shake clockwise, front and back. Make sure you shake well until the groundnut is not wet then add small egg mixture again.
Repeat same process until the egg mixture and flour is finished.

Depending on the size of your egg, you may need more flour in case your peanut is still moist from the egg mixture.

Make sure your peanuts are not sticky, you can know this by touching it,or its appearance. seperate any sticky one and add more flour.you can roll shapeless ball with your palm to get a perfect ball shape.

Pour in a sieve to shake off excess flour before frying.
When I preheated my oil, I made burnt offering peanut. So I advise you fry on medium heat your peanut. Don’t put much at once fry 5- 7mins till golden brown. don’t forget to stir gently while frying.

That's all. Meanwhile........ you can store in a bottle with sealed cover so it doesn't get soft.

Re: Covid 19 Extension: Trying Different Ways Of Using Groundnut by seunlayi(m): 4:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Noted
Re: Covid 19 Extension: Trying Different Ways Of Using Groundnut by SmartBam: 4:43am On Apr 14, 2020
seunlayi:
Noted
Ok. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What Recipes You Can Prepare Plantain With / How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly/Daily? / How To Make Nigerian Party Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.