Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. (888 Views)

Prayer: The New Testament Way / Demystifying Prayer The Royal Telephone (module 1) / New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by Joagbaje(m): 7:10am On Jan 05, 2011
I will like to discuss the necessity of prayers . We have often heard people say such things as "All. About life is destiny". "if God says I will be poor , there's nothing I can do about it" "if God says I will be sick , there's niching I can do about it" etc. 

Firstly does God have evil plan for us. And is it right to put the responsibilities of our failures on him? is He responsible in running our livers for us?    

From my understanding of scriptures, God has good plans for all his children. He takes no delight in seeing any suffer. Poverty and failure and sickness are not from him.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 

A man may miss Gods plan and purpose, that is why prayer is a necessity . We are not sinners in the hand of an angry God who hates us and enjoys to see our suffering.  When we pray we are not  Begging him to give us some little blessing, but rather through prayer , we align ourselves to his will,plan and purpose.

Many people over the years have fallen short of Gods plan for their lives, going through sorrows that are unnecessary and thinking God will bring them out of it in his own time if he chooses.

We have the responsibility of prayer , to pray ourselves into the will of God. Many today are functioning outside Gods plan , many also are living in the permissible will of God. But the greatest thing is to function in the perfect will of God.

There are several aspect of prayers which is so broad to be dealt with exhaustively. 
But we are looking at aligning ourselves with Gods will through prayers.When we pray , we align ourselves with Gods will and purpose , we get ourselves rightly positioned, we receive grace and ability to fulfil his purpose in our lives.

There are three factors to our prayers.
1. The knowledge of the will / the word of God
2. The infilling of the spirit
3. faith

Knowledge of the will
Knowledge of the will and purpose of God comes to us by the Word of God and through the Holy spirit.  To make our prayers more effective, we must give attention to the word of God. By this, we get to know his written will and purpose.a A man that doesn't know the word of God will find it hard to know fully his will and purpose 

There is a perfect will of God ,and there is permissive will . The perfect will of God for Moses was to be healed of his stammering, but because of his ignorance and unbelief, Aaron his brother had to come into the picture . God perfect will was not for Moses to die in the wilderness, but to take the people into promised land but when he missed God, joshua had to take over    

Acts 22:14
14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, t[b]hat thou shouldest know his will[/b], and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 

Our lives have been written like a script for a film. We read and act our part out. As we read we, act the Word  on the stage of life like a Play. 

Hebrews 10:7-10
7 Then said I, Lo, I come( in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. . . .9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once[ for all]. 

If a man doesn't know the Word of God , his prayers cannot be effective. He will be praying outside the framework of Gods plan.  

Prayer is a necessity for a believer. If we don't pray, the will of God may not come to pass on it's own in our lives. 

Is it the will of God for you to fail? Or succeed , to be in health or to be sick, to prosper or be a failure .

1 John 5:14
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Infilling of the spirit
Many have criticised the works of the holy spirit in our world today. One great truth to know is that a man without the holy spirit will miss God. He cannot fulfil all of Gods purpose. Because the purpose of God is revealed through the holy spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:9-11
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed[ them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. . . 

That is why no matter how great a sinner seem to be on the earth , he still missed the full purpose.

1 Corinthians 2
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know[ them], because they are spiritually discerned.

There is difference between a child of God and a son of God .To be a child of God you must be born again but to be a  son of God means you must have come if age in christian growth. And the proof of this maturity is the yieldedness to the holy spirit.

Romans 8:14
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Helper in prayer
A man that has not received the holy spirit can not pray according to Gods will. Becasue the holy spirit is the one that helps us to pray in the will of God .that's  why praying in tongues is very very important. It helps us to pray a perfect prayer

Romans 8:26-27
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. 

If you function in the place where God has not called you , you will not have the proper ability to succeed . Because ability awaits you in the place of his calling for your life.  

Prayer aligns us with Gods plan. Even if you can't comprehend fully Gods purpose, but as you seek him faithfully in prayer to know his will for you, prayer will gradually navigate you into purpose
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by mabell: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

I will like to discuss the necessity of prayers . We have often heard people say such things as "All. About life is destiny". "if God says I will be poor , there's nothing I can do about it" "if God says I will be sick , there's niching I can do about it" etc. ]

This is very true, i think it's mere irresponsibility to one's self and obligation

Joagbaje link=topic=579500.msg7464406#msg7464406 date=1294207821:

Firstly does God have evil plan for us. And is it right to put the responsibilities of our failures on him? is He responsible in running our livers for us?    
From my understanding of scriptures, God has good plans for all his children. He takes no delight in seeing any suffer. Poverty and failure and sickness are not from him.

God cannot use the tools of the devil on His children, not possible!

The only way to stay in God's plan is by praying and studying.
It's like the manufacturer, when he makes a product, he makes available the manual to enable the buyer of the product, make maximum use of it.
Same thing in Christianity, we have the word of God, we have the bible as our manual, all we need to do to live a fulfilling life is to go through the manual
Let's not forget that in the manual, you are told also to pray and pray without ceasing

Pray without ceasing.
1 Thess 5:17 (KJV)

Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by newmi(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2011
Thank you for this thread, because the idea of prayer for many people is one of a troubled child running to a Father. But it should be; we don't prayer only when we are in a mess no, because prayer is a relationship, it is a communion that goes beyond problem solving.
When we pray the focus is not so much about what us receiving an answer because we are not attempting for put God on the balance and watch His response (thats doubt) but rather it is more of aligning and synchronizing our spirit with His Spirit and agenda (timing and purpose).

But this is more personal poster, what do you do when you have been praying to God on an issue and it seem as though there's bearly any visible change taking place. At such an instance what would you recommend that one do.

you the bible says in the proverbs that ", Hope deferred makes the heart sick"
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by Joagbaje(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^
Im sure you meant  hope deferred . . . grin
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by newmi(m): 8:47am On Jan 05, 2011
grin grin grin yes grin grin grin
Thank you
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by tpia1: 8:52am On Jan 05, 2011
But this is more personal poster, what do you do when you have been praying to God on an issue and it seem as though there's bearly any visible change taking place. At such an instance what would you recommend that one do.

the question wasnt meant for me, but i'd say weigh other options unless you have valid reasons not to.
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by winiamanda: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2011
This thread is enlightening, thanks poster smiley
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by inedi: 9:31am On Jan 05, 2011
I will like to discuss the necessity of prayers . We have often heard people say such things as "All. About life is destiny". "if God says I will be poor , there's nothing I can do about it" "if God says I will be sick , there's niching I can do about it" etc.

Firstly does God have evil plan for us. And is it right to put the responsibilities of our failures on him? is He responsible in running our livers for us?    

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

A man may miss Gods plan and purpose, that is why prayer is a necessity . We are not sinners in the hand of an angry God who hates us and enjoys to see our suffering.  When we pray we are not  Begging him to give us some little blessing, but rather through prayer , we align ourselves to his will,plan and purpose.

Thank you so much for this topic, just a few days ago my heart went for God's people how that we need to pray, and how timely is prayer coming at such a time as this. The problem is that the people that have this challange are christains, i would that all christains woul come to know that God is Good, and seeks our Good.  

For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalms 100:5 (KJV)
The bible declares that God is good. It doesn't say He's a good God, but that He is good. He being good means He is good personified; His nature is goodness, for the bible say,     How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him
Acts 10:38 (KJV)
Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil because the good God, who seeks the good of every man was with Him. God delight in giving His children good gifts. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17 (KJV)
In JEREMIAH 29:11 He said.     For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
The word peace, as rendered in the original Hebrew text is ''shalom,'' which refers to great good, wholeness, wellbeing, prosperity, safety, rest, etc. So, always, God seeks our good; He delight in our wellbing, health and prosperity. This is the od that we serve. He's not a hawk looking down from heaven, pointin
g a threatening finger at us, saying '' you sin, you burn!'' No! Rather, He looks out tous to do us good: Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul
Jer 32:41 (KJV)
2 Chronicles 16:9 also describes for us a loving heavenly Father, whose concern is that we get the best He's prepared for us: '' For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
Notice also the words of Jesus in Luke 6:35: ''
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil
Here, Jesusalludes to the Father's kind and  affectionate disposition to all men, urging us to be likeminded. And the only way to achieve all of these is in your prayer so you can function in the centre of God's will for you life God has don it all so wake up , and take posetion of what belonges to you.
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by simplymee: 9:37am On Jan 05, 2011
@ joagbaje.thank you for the post.
They say delay is not denial, so how can i know if what i want to do is in line? some dreams have been paused. how can we press play to them? many see these things and wonder if they are not faithful enough.
PLS , throw more light on this.
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by cemehere: 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
I think this is a good call for prayer.

But i will want to know some thing important here: Can i pray to change a destiny? wink
Re: Prayer: The Will Of God May Not Come To Pass. by Joagbaje(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2013
cemehere: I think this is a good call for prayer.

But i will want to know some thing important here: Can i pray to change a destiny? wink

What do you mean by destiny? God has no evil destiny . So no point to change destiny. But but good destiny can be changedd to bad. Simply by doing nothing about it. Becsuse destiny in God requires our part to bring it to pass. If you do nothing in actualising it . It will be changed by the enemy.

(1) (Reply)

April Fool, A Sin? / Breaking News - CEC Name To Change / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.