Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop (80420 Views)

Soldiers Beat A Policeman On Duty In Ibadan (Video) / Armed Robbers Kill Policeman On Abuja-Kaduna Road After Gun Battle (Graphic) / Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
jamesharryson:
Sorry sir, the lady was totally wrong.
All she was saying is just a means of getting soft landing. Already, she knew there was lockdown which if seen outside, she already knew she was wrong. She was in mask as she, so why won't she stop and communicate with them? Why did she want to run away? Why did she not explain herself? As far as there is a lockdown or curfew, some fundamental human rights do not count.

Had it been the police officer allowed her to pass, we will still come here and say the police does not know their duties or that he has even collected bribe.

Let's call a spade, a spade, the lady was totally wrong. You don't have to compare this case with that of the US police because there was no crisis or curfew on the state. If there was a curfew, the way the suspect will be treated, u won't imagine it.

I didn't write this.its from FRSC.

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Nakowa111: 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
The lady deserves punishment for refusing to stop.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Jamesharryson, go to the first page and read all.

Look at it objectively and u will see that they broke like 5 different set of laws within a very short space of time.
The height of it is climbing her car and assault.

She isn't an armed suspect, so that exonerated using force or arm on her.
Too, because she isn't a suspect, u don't have the right to leak her tyre.
Not only that, u spoiled her plate number and threatened to beat her while raining insults upon insults on her.
If not for other motorists around especially the voice of one man, that man would have slapped her.
Gosh, they need anger management therapy. We are used to violent behaviours especially from men in uniform we see that as normal. In this lockdown, a woman with a sick child at home will not listen to you.

None of the officers have protective gears against corona.
In fact, thanks to whomever that uploaded this.

I thought FRSC is better and I'm happy they have examined the video and done the needful
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by jikins(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
ceejay80s:

E be like say u don't know DAT those FRSC fit dey talk to the woman and spit go dey comot from their mouth, she has to protect herself

Lol no b lie, me self think am too. But las las she go dey alright.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by jomoh: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

Nobody will manhandled her. She is jot an armed robber. This is not the police.
U guys.
SMH

And who checks cars in the west? Or you think the word “Arrest” means you should advice?
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by mank1234(m): 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Update from FRSC

This is reactionary. We need to know what offense the officers commited. Were they given face mask and they refused to wear it.

In my opinion, the lady should be prosecuted for attempted murder or obstruction of officer on duty. The tweets above will only emboldened people to be recalcitrant in dealing with Road safety officials.

Anyway, which one is my own. This is what you get when you turn an agency that is supposed to look after safety of motorist into a money making agency.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Digmygold: 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
9jatrendz:
Why remove her plate number and reign curses on her and attempting to slap her? Is that the right attitude of a road officer in a situation like this?

The idiot should be fired. He doesnt deserve to be a traffic officer.

1 Like

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by mbanefoeze(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
Made4naijalove:
Policemen spotted on bonnet of speeding vehicle of lady who refused to stop for security operatives who were not wearing face masks

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqix1Pyyu2I
Is this how nairaland is stressful just starting a JJC here abeg
Digmygold:

Digmygold:

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Digmygold: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
mbanefoeze:

Is this how nairaland is stressful just starting a JJC here abeg

Lol its not stressful at all. Dont worry you will soon turn a pro. Its almost addictive.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by nedekid: 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Raining insults and curses on the woman is unprofessional, but the part posted on video seriously indicted the woman.

Why didn't she comply with the instructions of the agency even though it costs her nothing? What does it cost her to stop and clearly refuse to wind down? Did the lockdown permit her to move around because she wears face mask? So she drove off so she can post the ensuing skirmish on social media thereby subjecting them to public condemnation abi?

Anyway, her video does not exonerate her. undecided
Oga road safety has spoken.
One of the cardinal law of nature is self preservation.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by nedekid: 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
mank1234:

This is reactionary. We need to know what offense the officers commited. Were they given face mask and they refused to wear it.

In my opinion, the lady should be prosecuted for attempted murder or obstruction of officer on duty. The tweets above will only emboldened people to be recalcitrant in dealing with Road safety officials.

Anyway, which one is my own. This is what you get when you turn an agency that is supposed to look after safety of motorist into a money making agency.
The policeman had no right to climb her bonnet. They have a van and could chase her or better still track her through her vehicle number. Finally, you have a right to defend yourself if your life is threatened which she did by driving away. Idiots where not wearing masks.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by mindtricks: 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
A perfect example of lunacy, the way Nigerian security operative mostly conduct themselves.
Any hope for redemption?
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Trezagezz: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=Simplyleo post=88474573]Raining insults and curses on the woman is unprofessional, but the part posted on video seriously indicted the woman.

Why didn't she comply with the instructions of the agency even though it costs her nothing? What does it cost her to stop and clearly refuse to wind down? Did the lockdown permit her to move around because she wears face mask? So she drove off so she can post the ensuing skirmish on social media thereby subjecting them to public condemnation abi?

Anyway, her video does not exonerate her. undecided[/qu

why the officer working unprotected...

who knows if he has the virus and looking for a way to transmit it
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by erico2k2(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Simplyleo:

She should have "wanted to commit murder" na.

And you even ended up with "Nigeria is far from even being a third world country".

So in countries like US, Germany and the likes, citizens don't comply with Instructions of security agencies?
Some dont and if a police or law enforcement agent jumps on a bonnet and the car crashes the lady can sue the law enforcement body for loads of £€$
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Simplyleo: 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
erico2k2:

Some dont and if a police or law enforcement agent jumps on a bonnet and the car crashes the lady can sue the law enforcement body for loads of £€$
And when the police stopped a vehicle and it didn't stop, the police can shoot at the vehicle as long as it can be proved the driver disobeyed the Instructions to stop.

1 Like

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by rayobaba(m): 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
If she just speed small, match break, d police wl fall and she swerve to right or left and zoomed off. Just dt make pray make traffic jam no dey front. Stupid police wey no value hin life.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by AK481(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
9jatrendz:
Why remove her plate number and reign curses on her and attempting to slap her? Is that the right attitude of a road officer in a situation like this?

The police have the right to stop anybody.

And what the lady did was attempted Murder of an officer recognized by law.

She should be arrested

1 Like

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Ryan03(f): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
kikero:
The woman should have stopped for the police.

Before you start, since this lockdown started, I have been stopped by the Police several times (my job requires me to be on the move as essential service)...and each time, I have answered questions honestly, truthfully, and showed ID where i need to show ID.

Yes, we may laugh at the Policeman for climbing the woman's car, but our Police is not equiped with materials that would enable them to note and record cars offending without having to stop them. The budget for our police is five times less than the budget for the police of the state of New York USA. And yet, we expect US performance for a low budget.

And many of us Nigerians refuse to obey the Police. We shout at them, attack them, obstruct them in the course of their duty, and when they react we say they are violent.

YES....there are bad policemen. YES...policemen and women do wrong. Ive seen it. But so do Nigerians. Yes, Nigeria Police needs to follow rule of law, but so do we Nigerians.

so on point
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Shugargal(f): 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
decatalyst:

The lady didn't want to commit murder...if not, that mobile policeman should be in the morgue by now.
How could an officer of the law put his own life and other road user's life in danger by jumping on the bonnet of a moving car? How

I just saw the video. Ah! Who does that shameless FRSC official think he is? See the way he ran out of the their van, forcefully remove the plate number, almost slapped the lady. Now I can say majority of these men is uniform, paramilitary or not, are not normal and they need mental evaluation. He is obviously a wife beater and molester! The mobile police officer is a bigger goat!

Well, these things are acceptable when you have someone that place more value on cows and livestocks than on human and their resource.

Nigeria is far from even being a third world country!

I think being referred to as "shit hole" is even more dignifying!

Even the force acknowledged the unprofessional and unethical conduct of the officers, not even the goat on the bonnet, yet this ignoramus @organ dey yarn dust. Egungun, be careful oo.
Hahaha... Just to remind you we have only two goats, Capital GOAT which is Lionel Messi while the other is the small goat.. chai naija
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by winningwinner(m): 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

If she was in a more developed country, she will be dealt with. She won't even be able to shout.

What she did was a life sentence that is if she was lucky to be alive.

Name the developed countries that do as you said. Speak the truth, do they stick their neck in ensuring someone stops without fail? Must Nigerian security overdo things? That police officer was forming professional because the driver is a woman. If I am the one, they will pick his corpse on the road.
How many people have they shot dead? They were sent to enforce sit at home, not to kill anybody or display their stupidity. They are killing the people they are supposed to protect...

1 Like

Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Litmus: 11:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Brave, if desperate, officer.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by decatalyst(m): 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Shugargal:
Hahaha... Just to remind you we have only two goats, Capital GOAT which is Lionel Messi while the other is the small goat.. chai naija

So these ones are nonentity goats! grin grin
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Dirpetaner: 11:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dont allow woman wey no dey tink deep destroy what you have built. That's same you wey no wind down becos dem no wear nose mask con come out of d same car defending ur retrogressive miniscule brain after u've been arrested. D officers wer provoked and dey overreacted. Na so our officer self dey do overdo. I hop say u no lose ur job.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by sexylassie2(f): 12:47am On Apr 16, 2020
winningwinner:

Name the developed countries that do as you said. Speak the truth, do they stick their neck in ensuring someone stops without fail? Must Nigerian security overdo things? That police officer was forming professional because the driver is a woman. If I am the one, they will pick his corpse on the road.
How many people have they shot dead? They were sent to enforce sit at home, not to kill anybody or display their stupidity. They are killing the people they are supposed to protect...

All countries in the developed world.

In the US she will be lucky to be alive.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by vioment: 1:49am On Apr 16, 2020
If he handle am now, we go dey rake.

God abeg give Nigerians sense.

Too much oga-ish mentality.
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by Hotonions: 2:47am On Apr 16, 2020
The so called officer even had the audacity to wear bathroom slippers and stop her. I don't blame her for refusing to wind down who knows he might have even been a fake seeing that he wasn't even in proper uniform at the time he flagged her down. Talk about the risk she would have put herself in with his unprotected mouth, who knows how many people he had already come in contact with earlier that day
Re: Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop by tammie24: 3:24am On Apr 16, 2020
Tonythriller:
Nigerians and common sense have been doing social distancing since time immemorial.
omg
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

White Man Plays Along With "A Yahoo Boy". What Happened Next Is Surprising! / Two Men Destroying Each Other’s Car, Along The Lekki-epe Expressway,Lagos / Cameroonian Woman Kills Her 2 Children, Prepares Meal With Their Bodies (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.