Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR (45041 Views)

Coronavirus: Marcelo Rebelo, Portuguese President To Be Quarantined For 2 Weeks / Coronavirus: Larfage Cement Factory Quarantined As Ogun Begins Contact Tracing / Coronavirus: China Delivers Food To Quarantined People Through A Robot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Efewestern:

Men, Cyprian hotel that year, we disturb, every Sunday we either book Cyprian or NNPC for swimming. grin.
You swim that water wen dey give Lakpa-Lakpa? grin
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Lateef73: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
COLATUNDE:
I can say categorically that this is another fake news from SR, a friend of mine who works with Chevron confirmed that they are lodged for 14 days in order to observe as per DPR new covid regulation prior to going in to their facility to work.
Don't mind Sahara reporters, sometimes they spread unverified news

4 Likes

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by akhis: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Absolute lie.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by felixtare(m): 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonMustafa:
Let this corona end. My betting business needs to boom again. I started my betting shop with N700k in January. Maybe I should go back to online dating that gave me money to open the betting shop. I hope boys never finish the site that I got the dating client from. For those asking me which site, see the image below. The site dey hot oo

Scam
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
What's the secret about this?
If they don't quarantine them, na una go still talk am.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
dennisworld1:
false information. People dey quarantine with their babe. Nor let ignorance fool u

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by siroms: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
This pure lie.
Its a precautionary method 2 avoid d spread of d virus .
Our colleagues who re to go 2 Escravos ( chevron field) have been told they will be quanratine for 14days before they can go in.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by southernbelle(f): 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is not good at all if true, everyone who works in that hotel will be at risk, so will their families, friends, and other Nigerians. Why quarantine at a hotel and not provide PPE for your staff, what if one or more of those has the virus? We have heard that some carriers can be asymptomatic, now is not the time to endanger the lives of Nigerians because of greed.

I hope Delta state government immediately investigates this properly, and protects the poor workers.

The lawlessness of the privileged people in Nigeria reeks.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by MarkudiRITA(f): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
Efewestern:

chief, not all parts of Ekpan na, from general hospital up to new layout, everything seems okay and calm, rots in the town starts from Orokpor down to express junction

This news just gave me goosebumps, I hope Okowa do something urgently about this news.
It's fake news dear.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by starlingbawa(m): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is "DANGEROUSLY" close to where I live And it calls for serious concern if indeed the allegations were true!!!
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by southernbelle(f): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
siroms:
This pure lie.
Its a precautionary method 2 avoid d spread of d virus .
Our colleagues who re to go 2 Escravos ( chevron field) have been told they will be quanratine for 14days before they can go in.

Did you not read that the hotel staff complained that they are working without protective gears? They are cleaning after the guests, serving them food and providing other services which puts the staff (as well as their families, friends and members of their communities) at risk.

No one is to be trusted nowadays.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by siroms: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonMustafa:
Choose 1

a. Have coronavirus as a chevron staff

or

b. Have coronavirus as Npower staff, abi na volunteer dem call am

Choose 1

I think Warri people are good at destroying hotels' image.

E.g They said Golden Tulip Warri will soon collapse. They ended up wasting that man's investment. The hotel is yet to collapse but no one goes there because they are afraid of the hotel collapsing when they are inside.

Second example is another hotel called Assess or Access, they said it ritualist hotel. Nobody goes there.

Now this one has corona lodgers. 100 of them. How many rooms does the hotel have? They want to destroy this hotels image too.

Its Excel hotel .
They lied in 2012 that a lady turn to snake in d vote.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by VisualPolitik: 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
internationalman:
One day I will work in this American company..
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by DonMustafa: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
siroms:

Its Excel hotel .
They lied in 2012 that a lady turn to snake in d vote.

Thank you. I remember the hotel. Very big. Built like stairs
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by siroms: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
southernbelle:

Did you not read that the hotel staff complained that they are working without protective gears? They are cleaning after the guests, serving them food and providing other services which puts the staff (as well as their families, friends and members of their communities) at risk.

No one is to be trusted nowadays.

They add that colouration to make it sound real.
Nothing like that there.
Chevron sent out circular since March 24th abt this procedure.
Don't believe everything u read online .

3 Likes

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by siroms: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonMustafa:

Thank you. I remember the hotel. Very big. Built like stairs

Yep
Almost adjacent Shoprite

That hotel didn't recover from that saga.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by southernbelle(f): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
gare2510:
This is a big lie, such unverified stories could endanger people's live. It is a requirement for all oil workers to be in 14 days isolation before going offshore people that do not present any symptoms afterwards will be allowed offshore. All oil companies are doing same now. If Ekpan boys vex go there and injure people wearing Sahara reporters gain. And Sowore want to become President; Is that how he will rush and be taking decisions based on unverified information The way he runs Sahara reporters he still has a lot of growing up to do

I think it's good Sahara reporters drew our attention to this. I don't have a problem with workers quarantining in hotels before going to work, but knowing Nigerian employers, do you think they will adequately protect their staff who come in contact with people who are quarantining? Do you think the hotel management will make any effort to train their staff on how to protect themselves?

I worry for those poor workers if this is indeed true.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by MarkudiRITA(f): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
southernbelle:
This is not good at all if true, everyone who works in that hotel will be at risk, so are their families, friends, and other Nigerians. Why quarantine at a hotel and not provide PPE for your staff, what if one or more of those has the virus? We have heard that some carriers can be asymptomatic, now is not the time to endanger the lives of Nigerians because of greed.

I hope Delta state government immediately investigates this properly, and protects the poor workers.

The lawlessness of the privileged people in Nigeria reeks.
My dear don't disturb yourself, it's fake news.

Am sure you know that even with the lockdown oil companies are still working offshore because Nigeria needs revenue to fund budget and survive as a nation. Because of Corona virus most offshore companies now mandate their staff to stay on compulsory 14day isolation before helicopter or boat takes them to the oil rig in offshore and another set of workers will return back to town.
They chose that hotel to make them comfortable during isolation but they have trained medical personel and private security who monitor them and ensure they don't go out anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by DonMustafa: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2020
siroms:

Yep
Almost adjacent Shoprite

That hotel didn't recover from that saga.
What about Golden Tulip near PTF Jucntion by Usubi?

Is it booming now?
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by southernbelle(f): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
MarkudiRITA:

My dear don't disturb yourself, it's fake news.

Am sure you know that even with the lockdown oil companies are still working offshore because Nigeria needs revenue to fund budget and survive as a nation. Because of Corona virus most offshore companies now mandate their staff to stay on compulsory 14day isolation before helicopter or boat takes them to the oil rig in offshore and another set of workers will return back to town.
They chose that hotel to make them comfortable during isolation but they have trained medical personel and private security who monitor them and ensure they don't go out anyhow.

Ok then, that's reassuring. I'm glad to hear there are trained medical personnel who monitor them, I want to also believe that the hotel staff would have also gotten adequate training on how to protect themselves. I am very concerned about the welfare of the hotel staff.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by edwardds(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
The Delta State Government should direct their security operatives and members of NCDC to move to the said hotel immediately to do the needful. Delay is dangerous. Covid19 is no respecter of persons or social status

Must You be gullible ..try and verify information before believing... It is a standard protocol for all off shore workers due to pandemic
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by MansoryMX(m): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Erediauwa:
You'll be in Lekki typing nonsense when you no nothing about the place.

I be full Warri, have a house inside New layout but life in Warri na nonsense and my businesses are in Lagos. So not talk wetin u nor know. The fact that main ekpan get touts nor mean say other place like refinery road, jakpa road and other place full with touts.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by edonks1: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
That is not true. They are operations guys and need to be quarantine before going to meet the guys in Escravos. Please get your story right
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by ekuboygood(m): 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
internationalman:
One day I will work in this American company..
your faith will lead you there if you believe it,more over with God all things are possible, pray to God and He will guide you there.

1 Like

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Lordbukas: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
I thought they said Ports and borders are closed? So how did these guys come in from abroad? This country sef!
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by siroms: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonMustafa:

What about Golden Tulip near PTF Jucntion by Usubi?

Is it booming now?

Nah
Its not that booming again
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by okorezo: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ecbatana:
I believe that if proper testing is carried out on the Nigerian population, a quarter of them will be positive..
and I strongly believe that you and ur entire family will be among the positive cases. Fool

1 Like

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by DonMustafa: 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
siroms:

Nah
Its not that booming again

Doing business in Warri is hard
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by einsteine(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Stupid reportage.

They are isolating them.

Government is not responsible for self isolation, only quarantine after the person comes up with symptoms. Besides, the government is the one that gave directives for IOCs to isolate returning staff for 14 days before allowing them back to work. Or Sahara Misreporters would rather the oil sector grands to a halt while they operate out of a phone in New York.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Facts About Your Breasts You Must Know! / 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan / Lady Lying Lifeless On Obasa Street Off Oba Akran Ikeja (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.