Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118474 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by bjbjbj: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Magic Johnson is HIV positive for more than twenty yrs now.

5 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by kristana(f): 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
LedRock:
This girl goes around insulting people.

What that guy wrote is trash..reeks ignorance

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Digmygold: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
internationalman:

What's the essence of having sex protected.

To avoid stories that touch like the topic we are replying to right now. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by passion007: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:
The statement "HIV is not the end of your life " is nothing but scam.

It is the end!

Just like Sickle Cell patients.

They are all living corpse. Let's embrace the truth, enlighten people on the dangers of HIV and stop giving them reasons to have unprotected sexual activities.

You're a complete dunce.
Typical ignorant man living in the past.
For your information, HIV positive persons diagnosed in their 20's have a similar life expectancy to negative people.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/mental-health/life-expectancy-for-people-with-hiv-now-near-normal/

9 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Okwyjesus(m): 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

They are all living corpse. Let's embrace the truth, enlighten people on the dangers of HIV and stop giving them reasons to have unprotected sexual activities.

So that are positive should hang themselves
lt's not the end of life abeg once your keep the viral load permanently low
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Malawian(m): 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
First time I had unprotected sex was just 5 years ago. I have been you-know since 1998. Truth is, once a lion tastes a man, nothing else will do. Condoms now feel like scuba diving.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by janettee(f): 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
Cindy95:

HE IS NOT HERE TO CAST BLAMES, IT DOESN'T WHO GAVE IT TO WHO... HE IS ONLY HERE TO ENLIGHTEN US... WE SHOULD GRAB THE LESSON, BE THANKFUL AND MOVE ON....

Don't mind those people, smh.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
UKBobo:
Holla at Aro in the Beer Parlour session. He likes to go raw and pour inside different women. tongue tongue
u mean the guy who says he pours inside women and watch it flow out like a boss? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by lilmax(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
Look at the views and the guests

This topic is really important grin
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Toks2008(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

Most likely she gave it to you but thank God you guys managed it well.

Gone are the days when HIV was a death sentence... Now people have it and still live the full course of their lives.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by bustykasa(f): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
speechless

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sylve11: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
simplepee:
Ehen, they don come, they want to hear the WHOLE story. Oga they are married with kids, leave the rest.

Abi o.

Men wey like Aproko pass women them. grin cool
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by CoronaVirusPro: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18:

It is the end!

False!

People have HIV and have been living normal life`s and fvcking look healthier than an average Nigerian

Magic Johnson has been with HIV for 20 years now. He even looks healthier than shiit

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Zoroaster: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Guy na your babe wey give you that H.I.V
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by internationalman(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
Digmygold:

To avoid stories that touch like the topic we are replying to right now. undecided

Ever heard of pulling out
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by DexterousOne(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lostz:

the only one that is common is the clipper.

no one in his right sense will borrow a razor or ask aboki to cut his nail.

I use razor once and dispose it.

HIV via clipper

I doubt it

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
l
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that
P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

OP, HIV patients look pale and dried up if not well managed, I know a victim who later died of it.

But I'm really glad hearing your story, it is a motivation to other patients out there. wink

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by DexterousOne(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

False!

People have HIV and have been living normal life`s and fvcking look healthier than an average Nigerian

Magic Johnson has been with HIV for 20 years now. He even looks healthier than shiit

The only issue is the drugs

Like taking the drugs frequently

Assuming the drugs is a once in a week thing
That's okay

But if na every day

Or multiple times per day

It may be a bit inconvenient

But one has to do what he has to do

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by unscripted(m): 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
illicit:
you can't force it down my throat that u don't drink, smoke, womanise etc.
people who do the above are not necessarily potential HIV patients oga Ade
u r just a trash talker

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Olukavitalis: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Where are u
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by AK481(m): 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
commonest way u contact it is unprotected sex but it is still wise using ur own clipper cos there are other skin irritation u might contact from sharing a clipper not necessarily HIV.

No

Unprotected anal sex
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by ibkayee(f): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

It's not the death sentence it used to be when you have access to the necessary treatments, and it's great to hear how people are managing to live happy, 'regular' lives with it

There's just something unusually casual/cavalier about your tone/attitude towards how you got it in the first place and handled it that makes your writeup a bit...idealistic though. I know your intention is to uplift and spread hope but some of your rhetoric could also be taken as a bit misleading

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Do people really have access to antiretrovirals and PEP in Nigeria? I rarely see information about this at hospitals, even in university hospitals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Austineva(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
simplepee:
Are you Hiv positive?.
have u bn crushing on him?

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by toprealman: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
simplepee:
Are you Hiv positive?.
How is that your business? Are you the person the OP wants to meet? Are you Coronavirus positive
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Mizwisdom(f): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Imagine somebody living on tablet for life? Lord of mercy, have mercy

5 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Boujemay(f): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
@ op

This is very brave of you to come out and share your story. I saw this tread and Instantly knew that I had to speak to you, so I joined this forum.

I would like to know you and if possible we could start a support group so people can know that they are not alone in this, and its not the end of the world.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Matthewdan(m): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

You actually have a point but I didn't give anyone a reason to keep having unprotected sex.. I've actually preached abstinence all my life... The reason I shared a personal story was to encourage those that already have it that there is still life.. You can live as long as you want.

And someone with HIV is not a living corpse sir, choose your words wisely.. Their chances of growing old is high.. higher than sickle cell patients.. I thought you should know this actually judging from most of your comments I read here.

you are wise and mature for replying this person like this we need this kind of wisdom in our society keep it up Sir.

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Randy100: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
My brother hiv still better pass cancer, corona virus and even hunger.
At it stands now, I they say I should chose I will go for hiv. But you see hunger, and corona virus them bad pass any type of hiv
My sister you don't know what you are saying. I once took PEP for HIV, I wished I was death. I meant everything I told you.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Xbee007(m): 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
NextD18,
You are a very insensitive prick for tagging people with sickle cell and HIV "walking dead."

Don't you know there are people with that condition on this forum?!

9 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Amalekki: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Who are these retards that keep popping up with baseless conclusions? When are we ever going to learn that your 'thoughts' and 'feelings' are not necessarily FACTS regardless of how convincing they appear?? There are several possibilities in every situation and you morons just opted for the one that suits you and started posting it as FACT. May you never become victims labeled for what you know nothing about, maybe some of you will learn some bitter lessons one day.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
AK481:

No

Unprotected anal sex
the virus lines the anal cavity plus the mucus and secreations of the vagina.so weda na anal or vaginal u do and u no protect urself u wil stil catch it cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.