Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! (118456 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Great courage sir.
MrMicholo:
Thank you 4 this OP. I discovered my status few months ago 2, I felt my life was over, it was a terrible period coupled with the fact that I had no knowledge about the medical evolution & breakthrough being done on the virus.. I thought it led to death like it was years ago.. My C.O noticed my always lost and confused state and just gave me leave to get my shit together and one Nurse (A Lieutenant) counselled me ehh, told me whatsup and cleared my doubt ehh. I realized there was hope.

Am stronger now, back to leading my men.
Do you belong to any support group, Op?

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Ryocaj(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
LedRock:
This girl goes around insulting people.
Lol..
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Rossycee(f): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Randy100:
You didn't tell us the side effect of all those antiretroviral drugs that you have been popping since five years. My brother HIV is a dead sentence.
HIV isn't a death sentence. I have managed cases of people living with HIV. Stigmatisation Is usually the problem they face but once one accepts his or her status and adhere to their drugs they can live a normal life.

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
simplepee:
Are you Hiv positive?.

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
To anyone struggling with the virus, HIV is not a death sentence. As long as you are taking your medications and monitoring your viral load, you should be fine.

Nonetheless, nobody wants to be in a situation where they have to take a certain medication everyday, Educate yourselves and stay safe. It's actually scary how many 'educated' people here are implying he got it from his wife, despite him mentioning working with HIV patients in the past. HIV is not only contracted through sex!

10 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by AK481(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
the virus lines the anal cavity plus the mucus and secreations of the vagina.so weda na anal or vaginal u do and u no protect urself u wil stil catch it cheesy

I was responding to your statement claiming that the most popular way of getting it...

Anal( by gays ) or experimental men comes top
By a distant second is vagina intercourses
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by osazsky(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
The best thing is to stick to a partner and avoid sharing sharp objects.

Heck! A man should be able to afford a 5k clipper, instead of sharing a barbing saloon clipper.
u don't get HIV from clippers d heat generated kills it instantly and it can't survive on it for minutes I have been using public clippers for more than 36 years to shave and barb
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by MENTORCH(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
The best thing is to stick to a partner and avoid sharing sharp objects.

Heck! A man should be able to afford a 5k clipper, instead of sharing a barbing saloon clipper.

Bruv, 94percent of the time is through sex. I have bleeped so many girls raw in the past, but I will never try that nonsense again until I get married. I’m going to buy many packs of condom today.The one I ordered online is wasting time to arrive. Lol

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by nkemdi89(f): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
My first time of seeing an HIV patient was in court, the woman sued her boyfriend to stop chasing her about on the ground that he was lazy and she was tired of feeding him, the man told the court that he won't leave her. It was in the course of arguments that he revealed to the magistrate that he was HiV positive, that he contracted the disease from her, which she accepted in court. Fine handsome man , nothing to show that he is sick( truly HIV no dey show for face) , the painful thing was that the woman stopped him from going to take his drugs because she saw someone they both knew. Do you know some weeks after the case was called for adjournment, this same man has begin to emaciate, and also showing signs of skin infections such as discolouration on his body when he appeared in court again.

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Truthfulvoice: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Apocalypse isnt the end grin

It's the end for the deceivers and they are scared to death you will hunt them like they hunt your children. 8 million children sacrificed Yearly for blood rituals all over the world. Homosexuals are the members of cults and headed by Grand Masons who are pedophiles.

Hughes De Payne founder of Knights Templars a pedophile dirty Moor. Mass murder of innocent men, women and children including Christians. Financier of the Black Persian Assassins who killed Sultans and started false Jihads.

Augustus the 1st first emperor of Rome a pedophile dirty Moor.

Nero persecutor of the Christians was a pedophile dirty Moor. Feed people to lions and used homosexual prostitutes as muscle to beat to death all protestors to his psychopathic reign of terror.

Charlemagne founder of the unholy Roman Empire a pedophile dirty Moor.

Christopher Columbus the butcher of men, women and children to take the Americas from the Black Indians a pedophile dirty Moor.

King James translator the Holy Bible and writer of Demonology, persecutor of women killed for being accused of witchcraft, a pedophile dirty Moor.

The list goes on and on of satanic Blacks tied to homosexuality which is Nephillium conjuring sex. Truth be told I'm in America and the largest promoters of homosexuality are African Americans. Aids comes from anal sodomy and they are the most infected group. The Black American Church is the most pedophile church on Earth. Barack Obama came out of the bowels the Black Church and proudly promoted sodomy which Allah condemns. Dr. Correta Scott King wife of Dr. Martin Luther King jr. promoted the witchcraft conjuring sex of sodomy called homosexuality as a human right, she even surpassed the Whites who only coined it consensual sex. Homosexuality is apart of devil worship written in holy books all over the Earth. It is the wickedness of the African race to be involved in satanic human sacrifice witchcraft and slavery. Return to righteousness and call out them Black psychopaths or suffer Allah's rapture.

A good Yoruba pastor asked, Are We the African race of Gods Cursed?

Some of us truly are who are members of death cults.

5g is the Apocalypse

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Randy100: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Just like every other drugs, arvs has their own side effects and just like other drugs, it affects a few people and doesn't affect others... I have not actually noticed any side effects although I was warned that there might be occasional dizziness or headache.

I have been working in my full capacity ever since, I fall sick and treat malaria like I used to and become strong in 2 days..
HIV is not a death sentence.. non access to arvs drug can lead to death or waiting for pastors to heal you.
Well, I don't know if the side effect affect only few people. I once took PEP for Hiv. The side effect was terrible. Headache, dizzness, nausea and vomiting, diarhoea for 1 month that I was taking it. I wished I was death. There is nothing good about contacting the virus. To me if I contract it, it is a death sentence.

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sharone21(f): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
lefulefu:
i believe the advice some churches give that intending married couples do HIV test b4 marriage is a wise idea.Imagine getting married to a girl with a wild past and not knowing the infections she might have carried.if she say no to the hiv test then u two can break up.

It is also wise to carry out such tests in relationships were a partner wants sex before marriage ( especially men) since condom na lie.

Married men sorry for your wives biko.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by janettee(f): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
fieryy:
To anyone struggling with the virus, HIV is not a death sentence. As long as you are taking your medications and monitoring your viral load, you should be fine.

Nonetheless, nobody wants to be in a situation where they have to take a certain medication everyday, Educate yourselves and stay safe. It's actually scary how many 'educated' people here are implying he got it from his wife, despite him mentioning working with HIV patients in the past. HIV is not only contracted through sex!

Don't mind those people, common sense they don't have.

He most likely got it from working with those patients.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Amalekki: 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
fieryy:

One thing I've learned from this site is the unbelievable amount of ignorant people we have around. I now understand clearly why Nigeria is exactly where we are in terms of general socio-political and economic development. Our nation simply can't continue like this, we need huge investment in quality education (not just teaching people to read and write).

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by RTSC: 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Now I am thinking of doing test. I did the last one in January and it was negative.

That is why I don't like reading all these HIV stories.

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Rossycee(f): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
klenton:

oga, what exactly is the moral of this your story, that once someone texts positive they should just marry their partner and procreate HIV free kids and everything will be okay??

if you don't want to tell a story and let people learn from your experience then dont
leaving out completely how u got the virus, handled the stigma and healed defeats what ever lesson your trying to put out there.

prevention as always is better than cure, from your story is obvious your family is rich and that explains why you have to get married immediately with the financial implications involved in not just the marriage but raising a family, yours might be an exception and that is not a lesson.
That is not what he insinuated. He was trying to encourage people living with the virus to brace up, take their drugs and they will be just fine. It is also a wake up call to go get tested because alot of people are living with the virus unknowing to them. Early detection is also of paramount importance.

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by SoNature(m): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
read your own post again. Now read it to yourself slowly

Don't learn the hard way bro. Go and buy your own clipper

21cents is right

It's not about affordability, but dishing out facts

HIV cannot survive heat for a couple of seconds let alone when it is subjected to fire
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Fearcom(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Remijuice:
You dash your girl HIV abi na she dash you HIV ??
Oh! You said she both of you didn't care and moved on. Very Anyhow People.

I don't roll with this kind of folks.

Oga I think you should tell us how you contacted this disease. For us to be Away and not fall into such situation with you.
Thanks.

You're so mean and judgemental!

What's with the holier than thou attitude or are you claiming you're better than he is just because you're negative

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Hisduchess(f): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lostz:

a woman I married with my own money will cheat on me and still infect me with HIV?

I will just smash your head against the wall in anger

You married her but someone gave birth to her and raised her and they will make sure that you rot in jail if you kill her.no matter the provocation don't boast about taking someone's life cos you wouldn't go free.

4 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by PropertyBuying(f): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
internationalman:
I fear getting a girl who I don't plan on marrying pregnant more than contracting any of these viruses...
grin cool
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by XshegzzyeeiX: 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

Here's a brainless one.
Actually, you could pass your message across without being insultive.

3 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Randy100: 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rossycee:

HIV isn't a dead sentence. I have managed cases of people living with HIV. Stigmatisation Is usually the problem they face but once one accepts his or her status and adhere to their drugs they can live a normal life.
You managed them, are you one. I was opportune to take PEP for Hiv for 1 month. The side effect from those drug made me wish I was death. Headache, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea. Take a look at their gluteal muscle. It is always flat. It is a death sentence to me.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Iluvmycontr3: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:
I "accidentally" found out I had HIV in 2015... Worst year of my life.. I know you might be thinking that I'm a promiscuous person but I assure you, I'm very far from that... So this is how it all started?

I did my NYSC in my dad's company and finished in late 2014 and I was given a full year to go read a course I didn't even want. So I instead volunteered for Youth In Action Against HIV and poverty in Tanzania. My dad was furious but my mum understood.

It was 6months filled with lessons, tears, experience and a firsthand witness to the sufferings of others... We tended to the poorest of the poor in rural Tanzania.

I later came down to Borno and later North bank area of Benue state, I realized there were a lot of vulnerable people that are hungry and can't afford even cheap medical care thus they die of common malaria.

I didnt stay long in Borno before I started having this feeling of fatigue and blurry vision, I thought it was cuz of the stress that comes with what I do, so I decided to go home. Few days after getting home I started feeling this head splitting headache, I thought it was malaria/typhoid of which a lab test later confirmed.. Out of curiosity, I told the doctor to run a full check up.. Just to be on a safe side.. Which he did..

You should imagine my surprise when he told me I was HIV positive.. Nothing has ever prepared me for that moment.. It was funny how a malaria treatment could turn to an HIV nightmare.. I thought of just ending my life right then.

But i braced myself and took the drugs, I was surprised that it was free in Nigeria sef.

I rushed home and took my girlfriend to run the test and it turned out that she has it too...
We've been taking the drugs for the past 5years now with an high Cd4 count and a low viral load.. The virus is not detectable in our blood stream anymore and we are happily married and our first twin boys are negative.

If you're out there and you've been in my shoes.. Its not the end of your life.. Life just happens and its not entirely your fault.

I don't smoke, drink or live a reckless life or sleep around, like I've been in only one relationship all my life, so its not about your lifestyle.
I don't know if I got it from the idp camps or my girlfriend(she was the only person I was with at that time), we just didn't care, we moved on.

So lovelies, Take your ARV drugs, take fruits, eat well, within 3-6 months you can still have unprotected sex throughout your life with your partner without infecting them or your children.. You can live your life to the fullest and more.

P.s: HIV patients do not look skinny and dried up.. That's just an archaic stereotype...
It is also not a death sentence.

One of the strongest men i have come across lately. STRONG in the sense that you didn't go out of your way to accuse your partner or apportion the blame on her wrongly.

Keep balling jor!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Poseidon000: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Eulalia:
So touching.

Op, thing is, you might not be promiscuous but do you know about your partner? That is why celibacy is the best safety measure.
Many people don't care to know their partners hiv status before diving into them. They don't even know their partners sexual history. like how many men they've slept with and the kind of men; whether they were promiscuous or not. They just go ahead and start having raw sex.

I know you're taking your drugs and you all are fine and all that but how convenient and comfortable is it, living the rest of your life taking drugs? what about those who may not be able to access the ARV drugs at all times or even have the luxury to live a healthy lifestyle like you?
I'm not trying to create panic of any sort but just saying it will be more appropriate to warn people to desist from any caresless lift style that will expose them to the dreaded than making it look like its OK to let off their guards since its not a death sentence. Though I understand you were actually addressing those who are already living with it but care should be taken in doing that so some people will not get it twisted and use it as a liberty to go on an unprotected fucking spree.

All I'm saying is, there's need to still let people know of the dangers of having unprotected sex and that HIV is dangerous.

May God perfect His healing upon your life and family.

Thank you.

Aptly put, dear!

I've been on sleeping pills for a while now(largely because of my sleep regimen and corona), and decided on a hiatus after pang of drug-sickness, but the withdrawal symptoms is indescribably painful, how much more living permanently on drugs.

The knowledge of living all your life on drugs should serve as ample deterrence to those who may want to throw caution to the wind, because HIV is not a death sentence

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by TheKingIsHere: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Like every human, she was shocked and couldn't accept the result but like I said earlier, we chose to put it behind us and move on.
And she didn't blame me.. she knows me and the kind of life I live and what I have been doing..
We dated for 8 years before marriage.

She was shocked?!

Hahaha, your wife is a very good actress. I give her that.

Well, it's in the past
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Amanda4life: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
If you are sure its not from you.

It maybe her

People have secret sha
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by SctDonald(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
OutharryHIV:

Like every human, she was shocked and couldn't accept the result but like I said earlier, we chose to put it behind us and move on.
And she didn't blame me.. she knows me and the kind of life I live and what I have been doing..
We dated for 8 years before marriage.
...that is always the reaction of those who already know their status,when you confirm it through laboratory investigation....If you compare your reaction with hers when you got the result,you will see the difference..

7 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by Bukden16(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
simplepee:
Ehen, they don come, they want to hear the WHOLE story. Oga they are married with kids, leave the rest.

No mind dem korokro people

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by karnap(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
forget it, I will never married someone who got me infected with HIV, f**k it, you were sleeping around enjoying your life then just a small nack in a relationship that never even reached anything, then I'm positive, to hell with that partner, I will be single till God take it away from me.
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by sammycashly: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
Catchfirez:
Nice op. HIv is not a death sentence. Currently Dating a Hiv positive Lady. I must tell you, she is an angel and that didn't change our sex life because I'm negative. Her viral load is undetected, she can't infect me as long as she remain undetected. Hiv is not a death sentence, as long they take there drugs and eat healthy. So many people are ignorant about this. They need to be educated. A Hiv positive person is more healthier than the partner you are dating at the moment. Because he or she knows his or her status.
you are joking abi grin
Catchfirez:
Nice op. HIv is not a death sentence. Currently Dating a Hiv positive Lady. I must tell you, she is an angel and that didn't change our sex life because I'm negative. Her viral load is undetected, she can't infect me as long as she remain undetected. Hiv is not a death sentence, as long they take there drugs and eat healthy. So many people are ignorant about this. They need to be educated. A Hiv positive person is more healthier than the partner you are dating at the moment. Because he or she knows his or her status.
you are joking abi
Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by RTSC: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
BTW, men that sleep with their girlfriends raw are playing with fire.
Girlfriends that will visit another guy and get banged.

I can't remember the last time I had unprotected sex.

Fear no go let me try am.

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! by LOVEGINO(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
Congrats. E better pass covid19

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm / No Bra Day 2019 Trends On Twitter: See How Nigerians Are Marking It (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.