Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia (1680 Views)

Igbo Merchants In China Forced To Undergo Sterilization Or Leave China / President Ramaphosa Makes Mistake On TV Against Xenophobia (Video) / South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
South Africans of different races living in Guangdong and Guangzhou in China have detailed to Eyewitness News how they have been humiliated and discriminated against while being forced into quarantine for 14 days at a hotel despite testing negative for COVID-19 with no explanation.

They complained of discrimination, saying they were isolating Africans and placing them in quarantine amid the COVID-19 outbreak on the African continent.

ENGLISH TEACHER

On Friday, Laurike Wilkens, a Johannesburg resident who works as a teacher in Foshan in the Guangdong province, was put into mandatory quarantine with no explanation as to why.

“Six men showed up at my house, telling me I have to go into quarantine and I only have an hour to pack my bags."

"I have been asked to provide details of when I arrived in the country - a copy of my passport and visa
".

FREE STATE PROVINCE

Meanwhile, a Free State mother from Harrismith – who wanted to remain anonymous – also told EWN she was forced by the Chinese government to do a COVID-19 test at a local hospital at a specific time. She also doesn’t know why she has been flagged by authorities there.

When I arrived there, I realised we were only Africans there,” she said.

CALLS TO BE EVACUATED

The Chinese embassy in South Africa told EWN on Tuesday it noted and paid “high attention” to these claims.

The embassy said miscommunication between the authorities might have contributed to mixed messages, but insisted all South Africans were treated with the same rights as locals.

Many South Africans have indicated that they would want to be repatriated home if the opportunity arose.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/04/15/south-africans-say-china-is-discriminating-against-africans-over-covid-19/amp

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by Simplyleo: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lol.

They want to leave China because of xenophobia?

Pls, who is doing the xenophobia against who?

China against SA or vice versa.

Something tells me it is SA against China. angry
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
gringringrin Seriously??
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by JaceBlaze: 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

South Africans of different races living in Guangdong and Guangzhou in China have detailed to Eyewitness News how they have been humiliated and discriminated against while being forced into quarantine for 14 days at a hotel despite testing negative for COVID-19 with no explanation.

They complained of discrimination, saying they were isolating Africans and placing them in quarantine amid the COVID-19 outbreak on the African continent.

ENGLISH TEACHER

On Friday, Laurike Wilkens, a Johannesburg resident who works as a teacher in Foshan in the Guangdong province, was put into mandatory quarantine with no explanation as to why.

“Six men showed up at my house, telling me I have to go into quarantine and I only have an hour to pack my bags."

"I have been asked to provide details of when I arrived in the country - a copy of my passport and visa
".

FREE STATE PROVINCE

Meanwhile, a Free State mother from Harrismith – who wanted to remain anonymous – also told EWN she was forced by the Chinese government to do a COVID-19 test at a local hospital at a specific time. She also doesn’t know why she has been flagged by authorities there.

When I arrived there, I realised we were only Africans there,” she said.

CALLS TO BE EVACUATED

The Chinese embassy in South Africa told EWN on Tuesday it noted and paid “high attention” to these claims.

The embassy said miscommunication between the authorities might have contributed to mixed messages, but insisted all South Africans were treated with the same rights as locals.

Many South Africans have indicated that they would want to be repatriated home if the opportunity arose.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/04/15/south-africans-say-china-is-discriminating-against-africans-over-covid-19/amp

The Chinese are stealing our tactics? shocked
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
These people are jokers cheesy
I thought they don't travel.
What are they doing in another man's land?

They are obviously more xenophobic than China!

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by SciLab: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
White or Black South Africans? Because I know black south africans do not travel.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by ebuk4real(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
angry

They now can feel the heat meted out to other nationals in their country. Wonders!!

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
JaceBlaze:

The Chinese are stealing our tactics? shocked

So far we were hearing stories by other Africans. Now that South Africans are also affected i fear the backlash for the Chinese in SA is gonna 100X worse.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:
These people are jokers cheesy
I thought they don't travel.
What are they doing in another man's land?
a!

Teaching English.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by weslay: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
African leaders are so insensitive. Still reviewing Mondays presidential address for action plans for Nigerians in China

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by Mcreloaded(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Was informed the Chinkos have got a vaccine for the covid19 virus guess they need the blacks as test subjects.
Chinese can do anything I just don't trust them.
Lets be wary of the Chinko doctors here in Nigeria because they have plans

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mcreloaded:
Was informed the Chinkos have got a vaccine for the covid19 virus guess they need the blacks as test subjects.
Chinese can do anything I just don't trust them.
Lets be wary of the Chinko doctors here in Nigeria because they have plans

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by JaceBlaze: 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

So far we were hearing stories by other Africans. Now that South Africans are also affected i fear the backlash for the Chinese in SA is gonna 100X worse.

Police and soldiers are patrolling the streets in SA so I don't see anybody touching the Chinese,unless they go through police first.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

Teaching English.
cheesy

It's not a laughing matter actually as these Chinese are taking this too far but this coming from South Africans is laughable
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by Agberooo: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
Lol.

They want to leave China because of xenophobia?

Pls, who is doing the xenophobia against who?

China against SA or vice versa.

Something tells me it is SA against China. angry
[/s]
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 7:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Police and soldiers are patrolling the streets in SA so I don't see anybody touching the Chinese,unless they go through police first.

Of course, not now. But this will be remembered for a long time that China is not a friend.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by JaceBlaze: 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

Of course, not now. But this will be remembered for a long time that China is not a friend.

Only time will tell smiley
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy

It's not a laughing matter actually as these Chinese are taking this too far but this coming from South Africans is laughable

Well, the ones raising their concerns are the ones in China with international exposure. They are probably not xenophobic themselves.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by Flyingngel(m): 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Better people. But on a serious note they shld feel how it is to be discriminated by fellow human being hw much more Black to black.
Now they shld tell their people back home to treat fellow Africans with dignity.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
SciLab:
White or Black South Africans? Because I know black south africans do not travel.

All humans travel. Just that some don't want to return home to their countries, that's what irritates South Africans.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by SciLab: 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

All humans travel. Just that some don't want to return home to their countries, that's what irritates South Africans.

Black South Africans believe the moon only shines on their little townships. I've met and worked briefly with South Africans but white South Africans, during my medical internship.

Never met a black south African.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
SciLab:

Black South Africans believe the moon only shines on their little townships. I've met and worked briefly with South Africans but white South Africans, during my medical internship.

So black South Africans only live in townships?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by SciLab: 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

So black South Africans only live in townships?

I dunno, never been to your country.

And when I'm invited to attend our professional ASLM conference by my white South African colleagues in your country. I won't catch myself dead in your townships.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
SciLab:

And when I'm invited to attend our professional ASLM conference by my white South African colleagues in your country. I won't catch myself dead in your townships.

Wise.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by IronGalaxy: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
SciLab:

ey you Nigerians are honestly tiring

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by IronGalaxy: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
SciLab:

no surprises here

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
IronGalaxy:
no surprises here

Yeah, that's y I cut that short. I realized it was going in the same old direction. Yawn.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by IronGalaxy: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
TMKsouth:

Yeah, that's y I cut that short. I realized it was going in the same old direction. Yawn.
bro, the usual white-worship route. So tiring

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by TMKsouth: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
IronGalaxy:

Dude admits he's never even been to SA but he's an expert on "township concentration camps". All blacks are stuck there, according to him.
Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by SciLab: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2020
IronGalaxy:

It's not 'white-worship', it's just facts. It would be stupid to live among black South Africans if I decide to visit based on what I read everyday online. I've never ever met a black southie, and I'm not really keen about meeting one.

The whites were not the ones who killed Lucky dube to steal his car thinking he was Nigerian. They were not the ones burning Nigerian-owned businesses and looting their shops.

Let's quit sentimentalism and be realistic here.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by IronGalaxy: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2020
SciLab:

It's not 'white-worship', it's just facts. It would be stupid to live among black South Africans if I decide to visit based on what I read everyday online. I've never ever met a black southie, and I'm not really keen about meeting one.

The whites were not the ones who killed Lucky dube to steal his car thinking he was Nigerian. They were not the ones burning Nigerian-owned businesses and looting their shops.

Let's quit sentimentalism and be realistic here.
That's the thing here I'm being realistic, you Nigerians are obsessed and totally worship white people. Its a well known fact

Secondly, Lucky Dube was murdered by Mozambicans not South Africans, an indication of how the rest of Africans think of you

And lastly I don't think any South African cares how some insignificant African from the slums of Port Harcourt thinks of them, whether you are keen on meeting us or not we honestly couldn't give a rat's ass. We don't want you in our country as it is, you're doing us a huge favour by not coming

6 Likes

Re: South Africans Want To Leave China Over Xenophobia by SciLab: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
IronGalaxy:
That's the thing here I'm being realistic, you Nigerians are obsessed and totally worship white people. Its a well known fact

Secondly, Lucky Dube was murdered by Mozambicans not South Africans, an indication of how the rest of Africans think of you

And lastly I don't think any South African cares how some insignificant African from the slums of Port Harcourt thinks of them, whether you are keen on meeting us or not we honestly couldn't give a rat's ass. We don't want you in our country as it is, you're doing us a favour by not coming

The most insignificant black Africans reside in the slums and townships of Kwazulu natam or whatever its called. Being a black southie is means there a huge possibility of never escaping poverty and slum because you blame the whites, Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Angolans, Mozambicans for your woes, you hardly ever get out.

Unlike here where people like Burnaboy, Ighalo, Wizkid, Naira marley etc rise from the ashes of the slum and poverty because there is no one to blame but ourselves.

I don't worship white southies, we simply find them easier to relate with as fellow humanoids without being bugged down with the baggage of apartheid. Learn from Madiba, move on and get out of your xenophobic cocoons. Your minds are your biggest cage not the whites, Nigerians or other Africans that you blame for all your woes in Soweto.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afghanistan Taliban Executed 229 Christian Missionaries Yesterday / Terror In Sweden: Truck Crashes Into Shoppers, 5 Dead, Dozens Injured(Photos) / Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.