Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? (97543 Views)

Bitter Kola For Babies / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
Apparently there is a superstition that a baby looking through their legs (kinda up on all fours with their head down) means that someone usually their mother - is pregnant.

Has anyone heard this?
Is it confirmed to be true?
Are there any studies or researches about this?

I’m not superstitious, but sometimes it's fun watching babies doing that.
smiley grin grin

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by NextD18: 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
cheesy

15 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Harllaby: 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
The popular one is if a pregnant woman is crossed over, the baby will bear the character of the person that crosses her grin

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by donbachi(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
The mama go soon get another belle.

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Harllaby:
The popular one is if a pregnant woman is crossed over, the baby will bear the character of the person that crosses her grin
Habbaaa.!!
Na today I dey hear this one for the very first time.
So, if like five person cross her over, who de baby go come resemble again??
The first crosser?
grin grin

280 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Harllaby: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
tk4rd:
Habbaaa.!!
Na today I dey hear this one for the very first time.
So, if like five person cross her over, who de baby go come resemble again??
The first crosser?
grin grin
Bruv, this isn't joke o grin. I remember crossing a lady, she forced me to reverse my crossing

365 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Harllaby:

Bruv, this isn't joke o grin. I remember crossing a lady, she forced me to reverse my crossing
Does the crossing of a thing happens with only pregnant women??
E get this fine girl that I want her first child to resemble me whenever she decides to finally marry and born pickin.
I wan take style cross over her whenever she dey sleep.

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by khaffi2(f): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
Some of these superstitions are right, some are false, some happens coincidentally.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by scoundrel(f): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
It means nothing. The baby is only playing. As toddlers they have amazing flexibility so they enjoy the priviledge of bending down to look between their legs.

591 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
scoundrel:
It means nothing. The baby is only playing. As toddlers they have amazing flexibility so they enjoy the priviledge of bending down to look between their legs.
Surprisingly, the baby coincidentally plays this kind of play only when someone very very close-by is pregnant.

50 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
khaffi2:
Some of these superstitions are right, some are false, some happens coincidentally.
Please, tell me all those superstitions you believe that are right, and all those ones you believe are false..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by scoundrel(f): 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
tk4rd:
Surprisingly, the baby coincidentally plays this kind of play only when someone very very close-by is pregnant.
Coincidence and selective bias. It means nothing.

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
scoundrel:
Okaay.. I will search out more, and seek more opinions too.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Evablizin(f): 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
donbachi:
The mama go soon get another belle.
Exactly,that's want they use to say. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 17, 2020
scoundrel:

apt.

11 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:48am On Apr 17, 2020
khaffi2:

KINDLY BRIEF US ON SOME THAT ARE RIGHT AND THOSE THAT ARE FALSE, SO WE CAN TAKE NOTE.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Eberechi24(f): 7:08am On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Does the crossing of a thing happens with only pregnant women??
E get this fine girl that I want her first child to resemble me whenever she decides to finally marry and born pickin.
I wan take style cross over her whenever she dey sleep.

Hmmm. Con******
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 8:13am On Apr 17, 2020
Eberechi24:

Hmmm. Con******
My dear, why u dey shout my name like that kwanu??
Anything happen?

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by BluntNigerian: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2020
khaffi2:
Please tell us the ones that are right, and the ones that are false too..
Let's all learn together.
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by chii8(f): 9:34am On Apr 17, 2020
Mummy will soon reload, that's the implication...

7 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2020
Means his/her mama is about to get pregnant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Means his/her mama is about to get pregnant
Is it real?
Or is that some widely believed superstition??

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by tk4rd: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2020
chii8:
Mummy will soon reload, that's the implication...
Is it real?
Or is that some widely believed superstition??

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2020
tk4rd:
Is it real? Or is that some widely believed superstition??

Very real

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by ForeThinker: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020
superstition ma azz, we read spiritual meaning in2 everything ..nawao

That's Doggy Style naaa

The baby is only illustrating what he observed in Daddy/Mummy room about some nights

Mummy Melodies woke him up

So anytime he wants to hear that particular melody

He convert to Gangnam/D...style grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Ceenelly(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020
All my younger sibling collect strong tap for back for doing this from my mom, is only women that can explain it cos I observe several women around my area always do it and get a little worried
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by RapistOnBail: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020

There's absolutely no Meaning to it. It happens subconsciously to them. Don't base everything on superstitions. Reason why Africa is backward in this life.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020
From one of us @[color=#006600][/color] : Sisi Yewande:
My daughter has been doing this a lot for the past month, and my MIL says when the youngest child/baby is looking between their legs, it means they want or looking for a sibling, also meaning your pregnant or going to be pregnant soon.

Here you have it!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Ask them na
Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by GOFRONT(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Op, whatever happened if you use pictures of a Black skinned Kids??

I have noticed most stories on Nairaland threads about the blacks......But when the writers get to a stage to post a picture of those involved in the black story, He/she puts a white skinned picture......

Why are we Laidis??

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? by Blessinzy(f): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2020
Happy birthday to me !
Nairalanders show me some love!

84 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.