Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? (42961 Views)

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World / Our Insistence On Quota System Is Causing Serious Problem On Our Education - Don / The Implications Of The Lowered JAMB Cut Off Marks For Our Education System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Olayetan(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
socialmediaman:
Nothing will happen now, were you expecting online learning like organized societies are currently doing? lecturers and teachers have been on strike before for over 1 year and nothing happened, so...

Focus on what will happen to poor Nigerians who are about to die of hunger

What about those in primary and secondary that has never experienced any strike from teachers.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Dollabiz: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
U didn’t even ask what will happen to your weight whether many will survive the hunger you are talking about education
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by MyParadise(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Your house rent will expire. And besides ASUU said they are on indefinite strike

1 Like

Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Airoflaw(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
My friend in d US just imform me she is studying for her exam next week. Y online...dey have been receiving lectures since d lockdown
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Saintcajo: 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
cool
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
How much is your comision on each land you get
Does it feed for your family I have a reason saying this bro
Paw
FLOTAN:
The school calendar will be adjusted and we all continue from where we stopped. We do not have the infrastructure to run online classes for now.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by SalomonKane: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nothing. It's still gonna be fvcked up.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by wasi9ice: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
We shall continue from where we stopped

We're are not the only ones affected , it's a global lockdown
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Renida: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Hit the reset button

Brand/Rebrand Your Business.

Quality Graphic Designs Makes Strong Impression on Clients.

Contact me today for Creative, Affordable Captivating Graphic Illustrations

Contact me today for Creative/Affordable Graphic Designs
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Babythicksme17(f): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
This one is talking about education when hunger is about to finish the whole Nigerians.Dont let come for you and drag you like mikano gen,becareful. grin grin
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Chatflick(m): 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Local man doesn't care about the school for now. My junior ones kuku hate school
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by socialmediaman: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Olayetan:

What about those in primary and secondary that has never experienced any strike from teachers.

That means they haven’t been welcomed yet to Nigeria. Perfect timing
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by daramyam: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Some teachers are not tech savvy while some students don't have access to internet.

It will be loop sided.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by atiku4President(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Hello guys,

We have been on lockdown for some weeks now, because of this evil pandemic ravagin' the world not just nigeria only,

My questions are:

1) If this lockdown should continue, how are schools going to open since we don't have an online system?

2) Will this not lead to a massive dropout from schools, due to poverty, insecurity and unseriousness?

3) All the parent in the house, how have you made sure your child is academically active despite not going to school?

4) Do you think this lockdown is the best and only solution?

Nigerians share your view.

Do you have education system?
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by babtunns(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Education system, where pandemic is on, when there is life then you can talk about education. U think education superior to LIFE?
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by MrAAA(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
It's not much problem for the younger minds as they would be able to catch up faster than you expected.
Since this lockdown, parents should start teaching kids informally. Teach them culture, language, arts, crafts and mind sports/games.

Advanced teachers and students can begin e-learning. Today, I had my international certificate course on Zoom Meetings. It was interesting and very interactive as in class room too.

1 Like

Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Panthera92: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
If we reach the level of Covid-19 spread in America Mehn we may start seeing corpses everywhere in the country.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by jericco1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Calm down.. let us deal with health first undecided
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by ophatlewis(m): 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Do we have system in naija not to talk of education
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Naijaarchive(m): 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nothing will happen... Just a delay in academic calendar... Nigeria lacks the infrastructures for online classes...
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by QVicky10(f): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Some private universities are having online lectures.

1 Like

Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by noisy45(m): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Hello guys,

We have been on lockdown for some weeks now, because of this evil pandemic ravagin' the world not just nigeria only,

My questions are:

1) If this lockdown should continue, how are schools going to open since we don't have an online system?

2) Will this not lead to a massive dropout from schools, due to poverty, insecurity and unseriousness?

3) All the parent in the house, how have you made sure your child is academically active despite not going to school?

4) Do you think this lockdown is the best and only solution?

Nigerians share your view.

To hell with education system I just want FG to lift the embargo on recruitment
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by enemyofprogress: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
handie:
You see the usefulness of education?
abeg forget it. Did Buhari went to school?today he is your president tongue
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Styx01: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Very interesting topic.
This is when govt should employ the services of great thinkers. There is nothing on earth especially things that humans can do that does not have alternative ways of doing it.this is the right time to look for alternative ways of studying without necessity going to attend the physical classroom. The govt should as well start thinking of how to carry out our elections electronically. Experts have said that live may not return to normal after covid-19 so it is important nations begin to think and act fast.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Odogwu999(m): 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
When there is life there is hope
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by chaloskyx: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
nothing would happen when the lockdown ends we would kick start from where we left off an educational system in tatters
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Donte2845: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
The important thing amidst Corina virus is survival, first u must be alive, then other things can follow later. Providing stimulus to cushion effect of coro is key, and most important is finding the cure
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Mistapresh(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lol belle first o...but if it persists,our universities should resort to online learning.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Tunborscco: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
[color=#000000][/color][b][/b] Only God knows what will happen after this pandemic especially in this Nigeria
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by fefenoble88: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
Perfect questions that actually need answers.
Many are already using their school fees as palliative measures. God help us all,I pity AAU students the most,only dues they pay,is higher than university of Benin school fees.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by Moji12(f): 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
My son's school has been sending work online to the pupils/students with guide lines for the parent for all classes from pre school to ss3 but prior to that i have been engaging him for him to be active academically.

I enjoy feeling like a teacher cheesy besides reading the secondary school schemes is sharpening my brain as no knowledge is lost.
Re: If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? by MrPaul2: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
My money keep going down in my first bank account amid this corona pandemic. I was sent some money to feed yesterday morning but at noon I saw a debit alert that the whole money has been withdrawn, I thought it was a mistake, I went to withdraw this evening, I can't see anything inside my account.
Please I need help as to what to do it is not funny at all
Maybe who to report to via email or phone number please, this is not funny at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy / See The Book Recommended By My Neighbours School For Her 7yr Son / Ogume Grammar School Delta Shuts Down, Female Student Murdered In Cult Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.