Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy (42959 Views)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / JAMB: Between The Conservative North & The Chest-Beating South - Reno Omokri / Ijebu-ode Grammar School Alumni To Build N250m ICT Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Hugged: 6:40am On Aug 24, 2021
If you are successful and wealthy, avoid your school alumni WhatsApp forum - Reno Omokri

Reno Omokri has advised successful people to avoid their schools' alumni WhatsApp groups.

According to him, this could lead to hate from other classmates who might not be that successful. Expantiating on his advice, Reno wrote;

''If you are successful and wealthy, avoid your school alumni WhatsApp forum. Too often, you may attract unnecessary hatred from schoolmates who never had your time in school, yet now believe that their poverty is your responsibility to fix, and your refusal to fix their poverty is a show of hatred towards them. Daily Prayers

They will devote more time to pulling you down than in pulling themselves up. Due to their emotional connection to your youth, you may end up getting distracted. So, to avoid stories that touch, just jejely face your front before you are drawn to engage in iberiberism!''

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CS7OT1zFJmT/

137 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by KingAttitude(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2021
Akagum ni Reno�

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Tony3245(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2021
grin grin

Kindly check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Fahdiga(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2021
Hatred and envy is everywhere

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by caesymore(m): 6:42am On Aug 24, 2021
This man sees only one side of the coin, You know once you make money for this life you go just dey feel say you don arrive come dey dish out advice like woman wey dey sell akara for road.

Early morning blunt says Reno is just biased in this matter, penny-pinching Reno grin

319 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by SadiqBabaSani: 6:44am On Aug 24, 2021
Reno got this one aptly, d hatred in Man is beyond comprehension

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Seniorwriter(m): 6:56am On Aug 24, 2021
Very wrong and myopic advice that shows Reno isn't all that disciplined....
caesymore:
TheseThis man sees only one side of the coin, You know once you make money UI for this life you go just dey feel say you don arrive come dey dish out advice like woman wey dey sell akara for road.

Early morning blunt says Reno is just biased in this matter penny-pinching Reno
Exactly....
No matter how wealthy you are people would not misbehave as long as you have defined yourself and placed the right boundaries in the relation/friendship.
So Reno should speak from a personal lifestyle view rather than generalizing it.
For me I only have business relationships...once you go beyond that boundaries c'est fini

@miqos02 fixed tres bien
ENGINEERG:
Exactly, he is very correct... Am not that rich, but I don't understand why so many of my mates always attack me on my opinions, just like hatred...But its human nature sha, poor people won't like rich people, especially their mates. But life is not about richness, we all need each other to live a happy life.
Check inwards(yourself) everyone around you can't be wrong for you to be right! Your submissions makes for suspecting the kind of opinion(s) you are been attacked for.
nedekid:

Well said.
Folks in my secondary school whatsapp group are cautious and it is properly organised.
In instances where ex school mates have needed assistance, modulator informs the group and those willing help our willingly. Heck we raised 200k for a mate having difficult times in less than 24 hrs recently.
There is multiplicity in numbers.....reason I don't agree with Reno's myopic advice....apart from monetary reasons if you have a function you are assured of attendance and rest assured of the characters that will grace the occasion.
authority2006:

Lol. How sure are you?
This baby below is my latest addition, that's 2m naira in total cost. It entered road just last week Monday.

But like I said, we don't need to cut off family and friends just because we think we are more successful than them. Me, you and everything we own, na dust last last! Don't ever for a day forget that!
Did you even read my signature at all? Yeah, that's who I am.

I intentionally left the plate number for you to see and read. I'm not one of your fellow poor.
Just saw this your topnotch savage response...nice one....it's even a poor mentality to think one is hated because of been rich....who cares if some dude is hating as long as I'm impactful in my own sphere with my wealth or riches I care less of haters.
Seemeeoon:
School re union is a scam. Is just to know how far u have gone in life. Lol
Your opinion doesn't matter since you have a wrong mentality.

@SENIORWRITER

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by ENGINEERG(m): 7:05am On Aug 24, 2021
Exactly, he is very correct... Am not that rich, but I don't understand why so many of my mates always attack me on my opinions, just like hatred...But its human nature sha, poor people won't like rich people, especially their mates. But life is not about richness, we all need each other to live a happy life.
Hugged:
If you are successful and wealthy, avoid your school alumni WhatsApp forum - Reno Omokri

Reno Omokri has advised successful people to avoid their schools' alumni WhatsApp groups.

According to him, this could lead to hate from other classmates who might not be that successful. Expantiating on his advice, Reno wrote;

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CS7OT1zFJmT/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by insidelife22(m): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2021
The human heart is deceptive.
It is only those who have failed that will hate you for being successful.

Life is full of worries.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by authority2006(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2021
Hugged:

You, your success, your wealth and your richness, na dust everything go to turn to last last. Why not do the little you can and leave the rest?
I just don't understand why rich, wealthy, affluent people attach so much importance to their wealth and this life! Mtchewww!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by houseontherock: 7:25am On Aug 24, 2021
It's better to avoid all these alumni whatsapp and telegram platforms as much as possible really...post as minimally as possible and no unnecessary flaunting of family or wealth. Moderation is key.

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by naija4life247: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2021
Anybody wey want die is free to die at no cost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by TheWolfen(m): 7:37am On Aug 24, 2021
True but hatred can also come from anywhere at any point and from anyone!
It is part of life.
Let them hate

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Maxymilliano(m): 7:39am On Aug 24, 2021
I want to believe Reno is talking from his personal experience andhose are the kind of friends/school mates he associated with because Such acts transcends just school alumnus to church, community etc.

Most people sees their well to do folks as a means of poverty alleviation, and whether you help or not, people will still show hatred

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by englishmart(m): 7:50am On Aug 24, 2021
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you have the right not to take it.
Reno must be talking from experience

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Richmark030: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2021
Dem go too bill you ehn grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Wassapviews: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Abege.. No be by force to drop motivational quotes everyday

11 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by money121(m): 7:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by whippersnapper(m): 7:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Only people with low self esteem feel oppressed by their old classmates showing off. one thing have come to realize is everyone is running his/her race. I'm the only graduate in my secondary school set but most of them are doing great. Just try as much possible to keep it real with yourself. There's no need faking because in the reality no one actually gives a Bleep about you. People only hate when you try to be arrogant and sassy

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Guyman02: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Not correct, it has really helped a lot of people to connect and relieve old times, I have used it to get in touch with old schoolmates to help ourselves in business and career, yes we know that there's a few who show jealousy and envy but its not enough to leave out old friends, we try to assist them and sometimes ignore them if they have refused to grow in maturity.

We have used our Alumni forum to donate towards medical bills of members running into huge sums.
Reno got this one wrong, if you are rich and you don't spend and connect with old schoolmates and friends once in a while then go and live all alone in an island with your money and no one will care about you and your money.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by onoms4luv(m): 7:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Not really true.

Human will hate, irrespective of your class, whether rich or poor,

The truth of the matter is, Don't be so proud when you're with your mates.

If you have the chance, allow them grow through you.

Don't ever compete with them.

Dropmic

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2021
If you're also poor and you don't have shock absorber, avoid the group; because so many will rub their wealth in your face! grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Legalcriminal: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2021
I had to leave some of these WhatsApp group when Baby Yahoo boys hijack it with Gftcard buying, cashapp and other stuffs and the most annoying parts some werey that post hookup and stupids pictures and stickers.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2021
PDP government was bad, but this APC government has been hellish for Nigeria and Nigerian.
Truth be told, we've lost in all facets but zombies will always support their master because of the crumbs they receive

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2021
There's no sense in what Reno just said!

Are you not always on social media Why didn't your alumni pull you down

You could as well ask people not to breathe because if people know that they are breathing...

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by FreeStuffsNG: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2021
Even Dangote won't recommend this. Beaf thinks being wealthy is a destination, it's a journey and it will shock you how those your mates who don't have today may later become rich and powerful like late Alhaji Lam Adeshina. Is it now then you will be courting them? Fake friends are friends who avoid you when you don't have but court you when you become successful. The main thing is you need to draw the line but avoiding your mates WhatsApp group is a no no for me and us at FreeStuffsNG #eniyanlashomi

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by TheZebra: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2021
True
Re: Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy by Jone360: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2021
Oga Reno don't tell me you are stingy o grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) / See The Book Recommended By My Neighbours School For Her 7yr Son / Ogume Grammar School Delta Shuts Down, Female Student Murdered In Cult Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.