Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping (2115 Views)

My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) / How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
On the 7th of December, 2019; this Mr. Duru, Uncle to my brother Sister's wife boarded a Sienna SUV from Berger going to Lekki around 5:30am.
Unknown to him, he entered 'one chance', along a couple of passengers.
The robbers brought out POS after collecting their atms. He was forced to disclose his pin after being hit several times on the knees with a sledge hammer. When they discovered the amount of money in his Two First Bank Accounts, they let other people off.
He was driven round and the POS was used to transfer three hundred and fifty thousand naira only.
Also credit cards were bought from his accounts.
After satisfying themselves, he was dropped off.
Immediately he contacted First Bank of Nigeria to blocked his accounts, which was done before other transactions could be concluded.
After police report was made.
The journey to justice has been slow.
First Bank of Nigeria claimed the POS terminate at Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) and they refuse to provide the account and account details. Police are refusing to assist claiming only IGP can order this to be done.
This my man is asking for help to recover his money.
He has involved a lawyer, no head way. See the last letter written by General Counsel, First Bank & Subsidiaries
The man na correct guy, any time he de go Owerri, he de wet gound for boys for Warri.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44 and Seun, please help my guy to recover his money; 350k no be moinmoin.

Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Engrgreg231(m): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
This is so painful
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by overdrive(m): 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
Go to first bank Twitter handle and lay your complaints. You can also link up segalinks or so on Twitter. Good luck
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by daddytime(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
He should redo a letter to Firstbank and copy cbn.
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Ironic: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
Your money is gone and there's nothing you can do.
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
overdrive:
Go to first bank Twitter handle and lay your complaints. You can also link up segalinks or so on Twitter. Good luck

Ok, thanks I will let him know. You be correct guy
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
daddytime:
He should redo a letter to Firstbank and copy cbn.

Thanks. Who he go address the letter to for CBN and email
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
The most painful thing be say, First Bank de claim the transactions were lawful, but his accounts were blocked same day. How come GTB has not provided useful informations more than 4 months.
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Richandsimple: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Richandsimple:
Go and report to the police.

The NPF will get a court order and get every single detail of the account linked to the POS from the bank in less than 48 hrs.

Those guys will be picked up as soon as you have dr bank details.

It's a textbook case,any station can handle it.

The DPO is refusing to cooperate, claiming he can not sign unless he get order from IGP. So inlaw be de suspect there is cover up.
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ironic:
Your money is gone and there's nothing you can do.

Warri no de carry last, the money go come out
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Oga moderator, I beg help too
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by daddytime(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
ogododo:

Thanks. Who he go address the letter to for CBN and email

Emails:
Email:
contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng
Complaints Against Financial Institutions: cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Forex Helpdesk forexcomplaint@cbn.gov.ng
Ethics & Anti-Corruption: ethicsoffice@cbn.gov.ng
anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng
Website/Technical Issues:
webmaster@cbn.gov.ng
Issues on CBN Branches: tellbod@cbn.gov.ng

The bolded should do.
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
daddytime:

Emails:
Email:
contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng
Complaints Against Financial Institutions: cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Forex Helpdesk forexcomplaint@cbn.gov.ng
Ethics & Anti-Corruption: ethicsoffice@cbn.gov.ng
anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng
Website/Technical Issues:
webmaster@cbn.gov.ng
Issues on CBN Branches: tellbod@cbn.gov.ng

The bolded should do.

God bless you brotherly!
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 4:32am On Apr 18, 2020
We too de cover up for Nigeria
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 10:34am On Apr 18, 2020
Engrgreg231:
This is so painful

So painful bro, this lockdown period
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
Seun,
I be helpless nobody is replying the mails he wrote again
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
ogododo:
On the 7th of December, 2019; this Mr. Duru, Uncle to my brother Sister's wife boarded a Sienna SUV from

Uncle to my brother Sister's wife undecided

This type of english off me I swear

2 Likes

Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
akinjojo1234:

Uncle to my brother Sister's wife undecided

This type of english off me I swear

Na Waffi bros I be
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
ogododo:

Na Waffi bros I be

I see am. Bros I hail grin
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
akinjojo1234:

Areaaaaaa
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
akinjojo1234:

Abi make I do am for simple pidgin
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
ogododo:

Abi make I do am for simple pidgin

No wahala we understand wetin you write. Na just the way you write am make me laugh. And I really need the laugh this period where person no come know where the country dey go or whether world wan end like this.

Respect bros cool
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
akinjojo1234:

No wahala we understand wetin you write. Na just the way you write am make me laugh. And I really need the laugh this period where person no come know where the country dey go or whether world wan end like this.

Respect bros cool

Na only bad belle people God go comot
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2020
God send help to my inlaw, so he keep faith
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Sambai65(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2020
You guys should stop enter Sienna from a designated garage una no gree
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by kayola11(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2020
Chairman, no bank is allow to let out info of any individual unless u obtain a court order, with your court order that can make the bank remove all the money in beneficiaries account and be given back to your uncle....
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
kayola11:
Chairman, no bank is allow to let out info of any individual unless u obtain a court order, with your court order that can make the bank remove all the money in beneficiaries account and be given back to your uncle....

Even with police report sir?
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by Passionate888: 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
Then wetin be use of BVN if not to minimise fraud and robbery?
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Passionate888:
Then wetin be use of BVN if not to minimise fraud and robbery?
God bless una, GTB refused to give account where the pos terminates
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by kayola11(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
ogododo:

Even with police report sir?
police report don’t cover for it, once u get a court order all u need abt the person details would all be given today
Re: How An Inlaw Was Robbed On 7th Of December, 20 And Banks Not Helping by ogododo: 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
kayola11:
police report don’t cover for it, once u get a court order all u need abt the person details would all be given today

The magistrate said, police need to sign, which DPO said only IGP can give that order. The matter tire Martha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Someone Scammed Me / Help,opay Are Frustrating My Life. / Pilots Sacked After Letting Busty Model Fly Their Plane During Take Off (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.