Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,513 members, 7,854,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:20 PM

COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities (52977 Views)

Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC / COVID-19: Lagos Battles Shortage Of Reagents, FCT Running Out Of Test Kits / COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Salako01(m): 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lorazepam:
500 tests in one day shocked

I thought Buhari said Lagos will be doing 1500 tests daily and Abuja 1000 tests.

South Africa has carried out over 100k test and Ghana has carried out over 50ktests, while we still dey on 7k tests

We are not ready in this country cheesy cheesy

Am not surporting the government but I heard when the minister of health during one of their routine briefing said, that they are prioritising testing those in a particular affected communities, people who have been seen to have had interaction with someone down with the virus, those that show symptoms. If we take this then there is no reason to compare Nigeria with any other country doing 1m test per day. Let us learn to appreciate our government just sometimes. This is what they are using as their strategy and so far, they have done well because Brazil that reported their first case of Corona same day Nigeria did has thousands of cases now. The Nigerian government is testing based on a strategy they think is best. Let allow them do that. Even if they tested everyone in this country Nigerians will still find sth negative to say.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Ade3131: 6:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
tophumble:
Sincerely NCDC is really trying
I just hope we overcome COVID19 soon
At least with recent developments, lessons av been learnt

Nigeria dey learn lesson? 2023 will come now and you'll see the gullibility of Nigerians in display. They will still be shouting Next Level
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by contigiency(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lorazepam:

I thought Buhari said Lagos will be doing 1500 tests daily and Abuja 1000 tests.

South Africa has carried out over 100k test and Ghana has carried out over 50ktests, while we still dey on 7k tests

The president said that we now have the capacity to do 1500 test per day. The question I want to ask you is, have you gone for your own test? Or you want the president to come and be forcing people to go and test whether they are showing symptoms or not? You have to go and test yourself to show example before making such statement.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by olumide4christ: 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
When I see some responses to this topic, I feel that many people are looking at this matter from one angle...the govt has tested few people, in South Africa and Ghana, they have tested thousands. Now in these other countries even the USA, China, Italy, etc, did we ever hear that the government forcefully entered the homes of citizens and started testing them one by one? NO, NOT AT ALL!
Citizens in these countries who weren't feeling well showed up at the hospitals and they were tested and those who were positive were hospitalized. How many of us in Nigeria including some of us commenting here have willfully gone to any hospital or isolation centers when we weren't feeling fine? If you take a census, there may be just few knowledgeable ones. But many of us Nigerians will prefer to do self help than to show up for testing. That's the reason why Nigerians rushed to buy all the chloroquine available in pharmacies when Donald Trump announced that it may be a cure.
Truthfully, even if the NCDC decides to do door to door testing, how many people commenting here will gladly open their doors for NCDC to come in? Let's be sincere and not be hypocritical.
Thus, let's not crucify the government alone, let's also bash ourselves for not doing our own part. As they say, it takes 2 to tango.

Even in the US today 2 months after the index case, have they tested up to 10 million people, when they have a population of 350 million people? Not at all!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Coronavirus1: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
NCDC boss and Minister of Health should be fired by now. They do not know what they are doing. We need to know the spread of tests among all the states. How many tests going on to determine of there is break out in other States.

Covid-19 is deadly when the spread goes on by asymptomatic people. We need massive tests. If they can not convince the Federal, State and local governments to channel all resources towards the Covid-19 war, they should step down immediately.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.
Fire what are you mad do you know the hectic work involved you sit in your comfort zone making mouth fire fire thunder fire your mouth there if you are give the job tell us what can you do in as much I hate this government is not easy to contain this pandemic the whole world on lockdown people are here committing Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by sageprime(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
500 tests probably NCDC highest brought out 51 positive patients meaning one in ten tested have the virus chai Nigeria Gobe.

BTW I thought Buhari said that Nigeria will hold 4000 testing per day
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by songzDaniel01(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Thank God Enugu airport was closed.......blessing in disguise.
but Una get 2 cases. Jos, plateau state none.. Hoping itd stay that way
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Kfed4ril(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lorazepam:

and these are countries that are far less than us in population o,

I thought initially this government were boasting that the have put machineries in place to tackle the virus should it get to Nigeria.

This APC and propaganda sha.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by kingsleyds(m): 8:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
I don’t even understand how a country as big as Nigeria has carried out only 7k total test for about 28 days now. Is it that some days, they tested only 50 people or what.

I have lost hope of this country a lot time ago. If you like don’t stay home.. don’t even depend on the government because like this, they don’t care about public except their family.. for me and my family, We are on total lockdown

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1251520977550348288?s=19
This is the format the covid 19 situational report should look like on a daily basis.
The report format is as clear as crystal.
Even my little son can understand it without asking anyone to explain it to him.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
Coronavirus1:

Fire what are you mad do you know the hectic work involved you sit in your comfort zone making mouth fire fire thunder fire your mouth there if you are give the job tell us what can you do in as much I hate this government is not easy to contain this pandemic the whole world on lockdown people are here committing Rubbish.

Abba Kyari's Funeral: How NCDC and FG May Have Laid Foundation for a Festival of Deaths in Abuja

But then, just to prove once again that government policies in Nigeria are only made for the poor, the same government that claimed Covid-19 patients can't be claimed for burial has flouted the same order by hosting a crowded burial ceremony for Abba Kyari.

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=959422852aa7b0f3a844be123d5956a7&news_entry_id=s60417bef200418en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=HOME_PAGE_8f5d1598-99ea-402e-937f-a23a06e5831a&from=news

Abusing does not give your point credence or exonerate the mass failure of the the Ministry of Health and the NCDC. The mistake is too much and the cycle continues. Their incompetence scream to the high heavens.

If countries with far better medicare, finance and development are finding it difficult to contain the spread, it means we should be ten times more careful than them in the little we can but it is the opposite here.

Your praise and scream in support of them cannot cover the mass failure we are having under the watch of the current bosses of the Ministry of Health and the NCDC.

You forgot to fire lightning.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
olumide4christ:
When I see some responses to this topic, I feel that many people are looking at this matter from one angle...the govt has tested few people, in South Africa and Ghana, they have tested thousands. Now in these other countries even the USA, China, Italy, etc, did we ever hear that the government forcefully entered the homes of citizens and started testing them one by one? NO, NOT AT ALL!
Citizens in these countries who weren't feeling well showed up at the hospitals and they were tested and those who were positive were hospitalized. How many of us in Nigeria including some of us commenting here have willfully gone to any hospital or isolation centers when we weren't feeling fine? If you take a census, there may be just few knowledgeable ones. But many of us Nigerians will prefer to do self help than to show up for testing. That's the reason why Nigerians rushed to buy all the chloroquine available in pharmacies when Donald Trump announced that it may be a cure.
Truthfully, even if the NCDC decides to do door to door testing, how many people commenting here will gladly open their doors for NCDC to come in? Let's be sincere and not be hypocritical.
Thus, let's not crucify the government alone, let's also bash ourselves for not doing our own part. As they say, it takes 2 to tango.

Even in the US today 2 months after the index case, have they tested up to 10 million people, when they have a population of 350 million people? Not at all!!

South Africa is launching an aggressive coronavirus screening program as the total number of confirmed cases tops 1,000, the largest amount of any country on the continent.

President Cyril Ramaphosa announced Monday night that at least 10,000 field workers will be going door-to-door in the next few days to conduct mass screenings and testing for the virus.

South Africa is already observing a 21-day lockdown aimed at containing the virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/south-africa-launches-door-door-coronavirus-screening%3famp

Stop defending the mediocrity of the current handlers of the Health Ministry and NCDC. As early as March 31, 2020, South Africa began mass testing of its people. We always try to blame the people for the poor handling of matters by the elites.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Salako01:

Am not surporting the government but I heard when the minister of health during one of their routine briefing said, that they are prioritising testing those in a particular affected communities, people who have been seen to have had interaction with someone down with the virus, those that show symptoms. If we take this then there is no reason to compare Nigeria with any other country doing 1m test per day. Let us learn to appreciate our government just sometimes. This is what they are using as their strategy and so far, they have done well because Brazil that reported their first case of Corona same day Nigeria did has thousands of cases now. The Nigerian government is testing based on a strategy they think is best. Let allow them do that. Even if they tested everyone in this country Nigerians will still find sth negative to say.

How will we know the amount of cases if we are not testing? You people keep praising our low count, forgetting we have only tested 7K people which is totally unacceptable.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Coronavirus1:

From the video, to think the said man who had this very unprofessional conduct did that with his bare hands without gloves and was seen transferring one hand towards his nose area, shows he doesn't even understand the risk factors and mechanism of transmission of the virus. Now what becomes of the car he kept leaning towards? Wouldn't that constitute a formite for the spread of such virus if innocent Nigerians around such vicinity decide to rest themselves around such car? For me, public health guards were let down by the NCDC in all arrangements for the burial, and this should not be repeated if we must contain the spread of COVID 19.

Someone's comment from another thread and you are here firing thunder to defend the deadly incompetence that is so blatant.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Salako01(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

How will we know the amount of cases if we are not testing? You people keep praising our low count, forgetting we have only tested 7K people which is totally unacceptable.

U actually have a valid point here. But if the cases are huge then there is no way the symptoms or deaths will be concealed for long by those affected since it been long since the very first case was reported. Some are even saying the virus has been here for long before the govt announced it. The deaths would have mounted. If people are not dying then it simply means the virus is not as far spread as fears. This also means that there is no need to go around testing everyone.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Lodika7: 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
samictelecoms11:
uhm okay oo

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
Salako01:

U actually have a valid point here. But if the cases are huge then there is no way the symptoms or deaths will be concealed for long by those affected since it been long since the very first case was reported. Some are even saying the virus has been here for long before the govt announced it. The deaths would have mounted. If people are not dying then it simply means the virus is not as far spread as fears. This also means that there is no need to go around testing everyone.

No matter what, Curbing the virus is far more important than laying ourselves down to fate. It is proven the virus can mutate. Keeping it in people's body for too long might be a grave solution. I hope not but we must start testing rapidly.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by olumide4christ: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

South Africa is launching an aggressive coronavirus screening program as the total number of confirmed cases tops 1,000, the largest amount of any country on the continent.

President Cyril Ramaphosa announced Monday night that at least 10,000 field workers will be going door-to-door in the next few days to conduct mass screenings and testing for the virus.

South Africa is already observing a 21-day lockdown aimed at containing the virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/south-africa-launches-door-door-coronavirus-screening%3famp

Stop defending the mediocrity of the current handlers of the Health Ministry and NCDC. As early as March 31, 2020, South Africa began mass testing of its people. We always try to blame the people for the poor handling of matters by the elites.

Nobody is defending mediocrity here...I raised a number of points in my comment about the attitude of Nigerians to these things...you didn't give an answer to that. Have you not heard of cases here in Nigeria where people went to a private hospital but never disclosed their exposure to Corona virus positive patients until it was later discovered that they were positive & thus, exposed people in the hospital to risk of infection? Why did they not disclose their details? There was a thread on Frontpage earlier on this Saturday about a hospital in Ajah where this happened and everyone who had visited that hospital between the 12th and 15th April were advised to self-isolate.
What could the government have done about that individual and others that we have heard of recently in the country?
Everyday, We talk and rant about corrupt leaders of our country, let a larger percentage of Nigerians (followers) are corrupt in their offices, businesses, shops, etc....we have a case presently as we speak which is just a microposm of what's happening in the country..some people working for I and some clients of mine will most likely lose their jobs at the end of this lockdown, due to corruption and sharp practices.
Like we were taught in Law in my school days, "HE WHO COMES TO EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS".
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by sweettease(f): 3:43am On Apr 19, 2020
Donpruddy:
[Nigeria has less covid cases as compared to ghana and a high recovery than ghana. Which we those in ghana envy. quote author=sweettease post=88586222]What a disgrace! Even Ghana with less covid fund has done over 50k tests and that stands at over 1k per 1million population. Nigeria is at 35 per 1million population. Such a disgrace! Who did this to us? cry
Do the math sweetheart, less cases because of less tests
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Xisnin(m): 4:05am On Apr 19, 2020
eyinjuege:

I thought it was from the donated funds that they're building covid centers around the country?
Lagos and Port Harcourt are completed. Enugu and Kano are also in progress, Sokoto and Maiduguri will also have centers.
No, they haven't touched the donated funds.
The FG released some emergency funds for the construction of testing and isolation centers.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Xisnin(m): 4:11am On Apr 19, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

]The main topic is that the federal government has released N15 Billion to fight Covid-19 in Nigeria. We need to know what they have done with the money, what is left and what they will do with the remainder.

Time is of the essence.

Main topic according to who?
You don't jump into an exchange to change the topic.

This reply shows that you understood my initial response.
It was pointless mentioning me in the first place.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by tonididdy(m): 8:11am On Apr 19, 2020
Bunch of lies.
Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Frank5(m): 9:06am On Apr 19, 2020
AnonPoet:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1251520977550348288?s=19
Please just take a look at the picture stat with global cases, stated there is 210 shocked countries affected.
This shows the level of falsified information being used to educate Nigerians on this covid19 pandemic.
Nigeria why?

Re: COVID-19: NCDC Releases Summary Of Test Numbers, States And Activities by Kizxee(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
Frank5:

Please just take a look at the picture stat with global cases, stated there is 210 shocked countries affected.
This shows the level of falsified information being used to educate Nigerians on this covid19 pandemic.
Nigeria why?

My broda, they are 195 countries in the world but when counted with territories, it is 210

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Six Private Hospitals In Lagos Secretly Treating Patients Revealed -SR / Jilted Lover Commits Suicide In Kano By Stabbing Himself To Death / Man Dies After Sleeping In Freshly Painted Room (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.