Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri (6344 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2020
googi:
Gregyboy, you dey try.

Never knew you are also a comedian.

cheesy grin cheesy that boy has been made to see hell. grin

Anyways, to expose all Bini liars as I always love to do:
The Ife - Benin relationship has been documented in European writtings since as early as the 1500s and the 1600s. cheesy

Reference:
Dmitri M. Bondarenko: "Advent of the Second (Oba) Dynasty: Another Assessment of a Benin History Key Point", History in Africa, Vol. 30, Cambridge University Press, (2003), p.71.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
TAO11:

cheesy grin cheesy that boy has been mad to see hell. grin

The Ife - Benin relationship has been put into European writtings since as early as the 1500s and the 1600s. cheesy

Reference:
Dmitri M. Bondarenko: "Advent of the Second (Oba) Dynasty: Another Assessment of a Benin History Key Point", History in Africa, Vol. 30, Cambridge University Press, (2003), p.71.

Is that why you went on oblivion
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:

Is that why you went on oblivion

He claims:

TAO11:

The Ife - Benin relationship has been documented in European writtings since as early as the 1500s and the 1600s. cheesy

Is it so hard for you to ask him to produce the texts ?

This is getting to a new level of stupidity, he is claiming these texts exist and his proof is that "someone else makes that claim" !

I just don't get why you can't even ask him to produce the texts. What exactly is your reply ?

The guy he is quoting is himself quoting other people. Mostly online sources and the already debunked claims.
As you can very easily see the guy Dimitry knows close to nothing about Benin Kingdom.
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

He claims:

Is it so hard for you to ask him to produce the texts ?

This is getting to a new level of stupidity, he is claiming these texts exists and his proof is that someone else lakes that claim !

I just don't get why you can't even ask him to produce the texts. What exactly is your reply ?

I have not yet given any not today
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:

I have not yet given any not today

The logical reply to his claim is that question. (Show me the texts)
Instead you are asking him if that is the reason he was out ? Wtf ?

The one problem in Europe is that except Egypt, they don't really put money into studies of African history.
The Europeans in the field are real charlatans and lazy idiots whose work doesn't seem to be supervised.
They copy things online, quote unverified sources and print stories they were told by Africans (the Europeans don't seem to know the politics being played by Africans when it come to "oral history" ) And the actual historical sources which are very much available in European libraries (perhaps not in Russia, the country of Dimitry) are not even looked at !
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Basically, the first time ife was ever mentioned in writing is around 19th century. If any Yoruba can prove me wrong then do so! ( Produce, let us say, a 17th century document mentioning "ife")

There is no precolonial text linking Benin Empire to ife !
If any Yoruba can prove me wrong, then do so ! (Produce a precolonial document linking Benin to ife).

No Yoruba was called Oba in precolonial days !
If any Yoruba can prove me wrong then do so ! (Produce a precolonial text calling a Yoruba monarch oba ! For example a precolonial picture of a Yoruba monarch with its caption also precolonial and calling the Yoruba "oba" !)

All this stupid dance of quoting someone whom is quoting someone whom is also quoting someone needs to stop ASAP ! Bring the actual original documents or shvt the fvck up !
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 1:12am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

cheesy grin cheesy that boy has been made to see hell. grin

Reference:

That was a poor work you cited very poor

European comfirmed the second dynasty link to ife.......

Mad oo

How did the Europeans confirm it, was it through writing or through looking or through trading

The author didnt quote any European text and quote as reference
It is left for you TAO11 to bring the European document attaining to this article

Very poor work.....

Lol..... I just pity tao we benins don give am assignment.....
Just like telling your enemies to go fetch water for u with a basket
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 1:21am On Apr 21, 2020
We benin have no connection with ife TAO11
Give up u have tried for the yorubas i swear

All this ife -benin connections are political downplay

I will explain further in a new thread tomorrow

I hope my life is secured for exposing all this truth make the all the kings nor come find me ooh grin grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 1:32am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

... As you can very easily see the guy Dimitry knows close to nothing about Benin Kingdom.
Indeed, I knew those words from that academic journal article must be heart-wrenching and life-threatening for you. cheesy

Anyways, you're correct! DɪmitrY knows absolutely nothing about Benin kingdom.

You know why?

That's because no such person as DɪmitrY exist anywhere. cheesy

However, if you care to know, Dmitri (M. Bondarenko), on the other hand, is the most prolific and authoritative author on pre-colonial Benin kingdom in the world today.

If he knows nothing about Benin kingdom, then literally no historian in the world today knows anything about Benin kingdom. cheesy

First learn to copy and write single words correctly, before you think of berating scholars just because they wouldn't utter pro-Benin nonsense like Oba owns the land from Benin to Europe. cheesy

Now crawl back into your hole. Bye!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 1:41am On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:

... It is left for you TAO11 to bring the European document attaining to this article ...

Of course!

As soon as you submit the 1500s/1600s/1700s European documents about Benin kingdom in which we should see NO reference whatsoever to any relationship with Ife. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 1:42am On Apr 21, 2020
gregyboy:
We benin have no connection with ife TAO11
Give up u have tried for the yorubas i swear

Well except that ...
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

Of course!

As soon as you attach here the available European writtings about Benin kingdom from the1500s, 1600s, etc., which if examined right here will show NO reference whatsoever to any relationship with Ife. cheesy

Wtf ? What sense does your statement make ?
You claim there are documents from the 16th century showing links between Benin empire and ife. Now the logical thing for you to do is to show the document.
He is asking you to put your money where your mouth is.
How dumb are you ?
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 2:37am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

You claim there are documents from the 16th century showing links between Benin empire and ife.

No I didn't make any claim. grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

Indeed, I knew those words from that academic journal article must be heart-wrenching and life-threatening for you. cheesy

Anyways, you're correct! DɪmitrY knows absolutely nothing about Benin kingdom.

You know why?

That's because no such person as DɪmitrY exist anywhere. cheesy

However, if you care to know, Dmitri (M. Bondarenko), on the other hand, is the most prolific and authoritative author on pre-colonial Benin kingdom in the world today.

If he knows nothing about Benin kingdom, then literally no historian in the world today knows anything about Benin kingdom. cheesy

First learn to copy and write single words correctly, before you think of berating scholars just because they wouldn't utter pro-Benin nonsense like Oba owns the land from Benin to Europe. cheesy

Now crawl back into your hole. Bye!

Look, you are clearly mentally challenged.
Produce the documents or shvt up !

You are now trying to do some diversion and have the debate over if Dimitry is the most knowledgeable person about Benin Kingdom or not !

Wtf is that ?
You claim some texts exist ! Then please show the texts rather than saying that "Dimitry says so and he is the most knowledgeable person about Benin Kingdom in the world !" You don't even know Dimitry !
You just found him on Google and you quoted him because he published texts which are towing the yoruba-centric line to perfection. Then you proceed to hype him as usual !

Just produce the damn texts rather than trying diversion tactics all the time.

Show the 16th century texts claiming Benin Kingdom is linked to ife !
Actually let us even lower the bar: show a 16th century text even mentioning ife !
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

So now you resort to telling lies about what you have just done ?

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 2:43am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

Wtf ? What sense does your statement make ?
You claim there are documents from the 16th century showing links between Benin empire and ife. Now the logical thing for you to do is to show the document.
He is asking you to put your money where your mouth is.
How dumb are you ?

Moreover:
Although gregyboy is evidently slow, he is, however, "smarter" than you to know why he must submit those 1500s/1600s European writtings on Benin kingdom here for verification.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

You are clearly an im.becile.
So the extent of your education is to claim a guy claimed some texts exist and that is that ?
Fool, you haven't proven anything !
Get the damn texts or shvt your mouth !
Your over hyping of the people who tow the Yoruba line is most ridiculous.
The worse is you don't even realise you would need to he an expert in the field in order to say who is the best in the field. Something your Google search doesn't qualify you for.
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 2:45am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

So now you resort to telling lies about what you have just done ?

You forgot to add these: cheesy cheesy

Reference:
Dmitri M. Bondarenko: "Advent of the Second (Oba) Dynasty: Another Assessment of a Benin History Key Point", History in Africa, Vol. 30, Cambridge University Press, (2003), p.71.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:45am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

Moreover:
Although gregyboy is evidently slow, he is, however, "smarter" than you to know why he must submit those 1500s/1600s European writtings on Benin kingdom here for verification.
Wow, so you have now graduated from stupid and mentally ill attachee by force to guy who measures other people's intelligence ?
That is amazing !
Amazing indeed !
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 2:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

You are clearly an slowpoke.
So the extent of your education is to claim a guy claimed some texts exist and that is that ?
Fool, you haven't proven anything !
Get the damn texts or shvt your mouth !

No, not "a guy"; but rather a leading authority in the world on Benin Kingdom. grin

It's pretty obvious why you couldn't spell.

I see your emotions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

No, not a guy; rather the leading authority in the world on Benin Kingdom. grin

It's pretty obvious why you couldn't spell.

I see your emotions.
See whatever you like, I don't give a dime !
You are not making the smallest sense.

Getsmart2:

Look, you are clearly mentally challenged.
Produce the documents or shvt up !

You are now trying to do some diversion and have the debate over if Dimitry is the most knowledgeable person about Benin Kingdom or not !

Wtf is that ?
You claim some texts exist ! Then please show the texts rather than saying that "Dimitry says so and he is the most knowledgeable person about Benin Kingdom in the world !" You don't even know Dimitry !
You just found him on Google and you quoted him because he published texts which are towing the yoruba-centric line to perfection. Then you proceed to hype him as usual !

Just produce the damn texts rather than trying diversion tactics all the time.

Show the 16th century texts claiming Benin Kingdom is linked to ife !
Actually let us even lower the bar: show a 16th century text even mentioning ife !

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 21, 2020
I have done enough discussion with an idiot today.
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 2:51am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

... You claim some texts exist ! Then please show the texts rather than saying that.
... Actually let us even lower the bar: show a 16th century text even mentioning ife !

No, I didnt claim. cheesy The most prolific authority on Benin Kingdom in the world made note of that in one of his work. And he obviously can and did access such writtings. grin

And there is no such scholar on Benin as Dimitry. grin

Dimitry lives only inside the round vaccum container sitting atop your neck. cheesy

Moreover, extant documentations on Ife goes back to as early as the early/mid-1300s by the Arab traveller, Ibn Battûta. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

No, I didnt claim. cheesy The most prolific authority on Benin Kingdom in the world obviously could access such writtings. grin

And there is no such scholar on Benin as Dimitry. grin

Dimitry lives only in your head. cheesy
So your new diversion is the spelling of the guy's name ?
Who ever put you into this world did a disservice to humanity.
I have never seen more filthy soul as yours.
I can't see you but I know you stink.
You are one fat smelly pig who spends his days on nairaland telling lies all day. Believing you are fighting some kind of tribal war.
You have no virtues, no logics, no intelligence.
Just an empty disgusting vessel.
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 2:55am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

See whatever you like, I don't give a dime !
You are not making the smallest sense.

You mean you don't give a damn about how academia works?? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 3:01am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

... did a deserve to humanity.

You are already doing a disservice to Benin kingdom as you repeatedly prove to be dyslexiac.

In other words, you repeatedly prove to have a problem with spelling simple words even while you're trying to correct an earlier silly misspelling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

You are already doing a disservice to Benin kingdom as you repeated prove to be dyslexiac.

In other words, you repeatedly prove to have a problem with spelling simple words even while you're trying to correct an earlier silly misspelling.

I really don't want to spend too much time talking to a fat smelly pig with nothing in his head. Which is why I type very fast while replying your smelliness.

Getsmart2:

You are one fat smelly pig who spends his days on nairaland telling lies all day. Believing you are fighting some kind of tribal war.

Now you can sleep in peace and don't border waking up tomorrow. This world doesn't need your ilks, you are a waste of space and ressources.
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

[s]Wow, so you have now graduated from stupid and mentally ill attachee by force to guy who measures other people's intelligence ?
That is amazing !
Amazing indeed ![/s]

Can you translate from this Gibberish to English language please??

Thank you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 3:08am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

I really don't want to spend too much time talking to a fat smelly pig with nothing in his head. Which is why I type very fast while replying your smelliness.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

A couple of rhetorical questions for you:

(1) Why so bitter?
(2) Why so depressed?

Having said that:

I would have called you a clown, but that would be an insult to clowns. grin grin grin

Now you can sleep in peace and don't border waking up tomorrow. This world doesn't need your ilks, you are a waste of space and ressources.

Oh okay, I will quote you as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning just for tormenting sake.
cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2020
TAO11:

You mean you don't give a damn about how academia works?? grin grin

Funny Mr smelly pig with no brains would say that. It is quite clear you have never sat in a hall of any university worth writing about.
You have proven many many times that you are dumb and you want to talk about "how academia works".
Diversion, diversion, diversion...
Produce the texts !
You won't because there are no texts, just hot air as usual !
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 3:18am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

Funny Mr smelly pig with no brains would say that. It is quite clear you have never sat in a hall of any university worth writing about.
You have proven many many times that you are dumb and you want to talk about "how academia works".
Diversion, diversion, diversion...
Produce the texts !
You won't because there are no texts, just hot air as usual !

Is this the best you can do to defend Benin Kingdom from intellectual scrutiny ?? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wait till I make a claim of having accessed such documents before requesting me to provide them.

On the other hand, if a leading authority on Benin kingdom (such as D. M. Bondarenko) makes a note of such early materials (which he did make), then sane people (NOT Benin people oo) know such assertion is factual on the basis of expert testimonial evidence. (see 2nd attachment below).

Now, this is how it works in academia, if you've ever seen the four walls of a university.

The so-called Getsmart2 (actually Getdumb2) right now: (see 1st attachment below).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO11(f): 3:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Getsmart2:

Well, you wrote "deserve" and not "disservice".

It's too late for you to edit in my correction. I captured your bungle already. grin grin

See attachment!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Whiteman And Emergence Of New Societies In Igboland. / Nigerian Men and their Foreign Wives / Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.