Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri (6347 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

And you don't use effort to type your replies because they are as senseless as you. cheesy
Patriotic Idiot grin

Well, I read what I reply to, unlike you.

You keep proving my point on the m0r0nic thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Well, I read what I reply to, unlike you.

You keep proving my point on the m0r0nic thing.

Go and prove you intellectual knowledge by collecting your fallen kwara before Oyo will be overran by your Fulani masters cheesy and stop rewriting another people's history. Patriotic idiot grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]Go and prove you intellectual knowledge by collecting your fallen kwara before Oyo will be overran by your Fulani masters cheesy and stop rewriting another people's history. Patriotic idiot[/s]grin

No one is re-writting your history lad!

I am only dispelling the falsehoods that have been force-stuffed into your thick empty skull ab-initio.

Lastly, I know you're Edo, so can you tell us your Yoruba name and your Italian name ?? ?? ?? cheesy

I won't say a word! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

I am only dispelling the falsehoods that have been force-stuffed into your thick empty skull ab-initio.

Lastly, I know you're Edo, so can you tell us your Yoruba name and your Italian name ?? ?? ?? cheesy

I won't say a word! grin

Ife art looks too disgusting

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

I won't say a word! grin

grin good you know where am from. And I know you are from the land of skull mining. And you still remain a patriotic fool to your Fulani slave masters cheesy. You said am a lad and you are an aged one grin. Don't let it hurt you am at my prime and I plan to enjoy it you aged one. Try not to die this covid period cos your aged body will not be released for burial grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]grin good you know where am from. And I know you are from the land of skull mining. And you still remain a patriotic fool to your Fulani slave masters cheesy. You said am a lad and you are an aged one grin. Don't let it hurt you am at my prime and I plan to enjoy it you aged one. Try not to die this covid period cos your aged body will not be released for burial grin[/s]

valirex:

[s]Look at this patriotic Idiot telling a people what is and what is not in their language grin you have really proven to be an idiot a patriotic one to the myth of oduduwa. With all your Idiotic research you still haven't collected kwara back from your Fulani masters grin soon they will collect Lagos and Oyo grin and all your so called acclaimed knowledge ain't gonna help you grin[/s]

Oh Edo boy, you still haven't mentioned your Yoruba and Italian names. cheesy

C'mon Edo boy! You've got to be proud of your Yoruba and Italian heritage. You can do this. grin

Okay, did you worship your Yoruba god this morning?? ?? grin cheesy grin cheesy

And you think I must be older than you considering what appears to you to be my vastness ?? ?? If only this lad knows!!!! grin cheesy

Anyways, regarding Covid-19: I literally stay at home to get paid millions of your ₦ bi-weekly. tongue

I pray your corpse wouldn't eventually litter the street from the virus, though ... Ase! Amen! Ameen!
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

C'mon Edo boy! You've got to be proud of your Yoruba and Italian heritage. You can do this. grin

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Aged one, like we were saying don't die during this period cos your body won't be released to your fellow slaves grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

Aged one, like we were saying don't die during this period cos your body won't be released to your fellow slaves grin

And you think I must be older than you considering what appears to you to be my vastness ?? ?? If only this lad knows!!!! grin cheesy

Anyways, regarding Covid-19: I literally stay at home to get paid millions of your ₦ bi-weekly. tongue

I pray your corpse wouldn't eventually litter the street from the virus, though ... Ase! Amen! Ameen!
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

And you think I must older than you in age considering what appears to you to be my vastness ?? ?? If only this lad knows!!!! grin cheesy

Aged one where are you putting your corpse. I thought the aged people don't brag and lie like you. Aged one go to old people's forum cheesy
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:

Ife art looks too disgusting

1(i) I would have been worried if you had said the opposite. Experience has shown that you've never gotten anything right.

On the other extreme of the sanity scale, however, scholars have the following to say about the unmatched superiority of the Ife artworks:

(a) Frank Willett writes:
-------------------------------------
"Here unquestionably were art works of first importance ... They were so very different from any works of negro art, and so very sophisticated in a European manner that they stood apart from the rest of African sculpture."

Reference:
Frank Willett, "Bronze and Terra-Cotta Sculptures from Ita Yemo, Ife", The South African Archaeological Bulletin, Vol. 14, No. 56 (Dec., 1959), p.135.

(b) In another publication, Frank Willett writes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The heads were unlike any known African art, and being in a style of quasi-mensurational naturalism, had an immediate appeal to those trained in the canons of European taste. These heads could be judged without condescension as works of art in their own right; they would stand comparison with anything which Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece and Rome, or Renaissance Europe had to offer."

Reference:
Frank Willett, "Ife and Its Archaeology", The Journal of African History, Vol. 1. No. 2 (1960), p.239.

(c) Leo Frobenius (the first European to sight them in 1910) remarked that they were:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"eloquent of a symmetry, a vitality, a delicacy of form directly reminiscent of ancient Greece."

Reference:
Leo Frobenius, quoted in Ekpo Eyo: Two Thousand Years, p.100.

(d) William Bascom (for the Illustrated London News in 1939) writes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How on a comparatively obscure corner of this vast and backward continent could an art and a technique have flowered that take their stand beside the best ever evolved by the elaborate civilizations of Europe and Asia?"

Reference:
William Bascom, The Illustrated London News, 1939.

1(ii) Even the respected scholar, William Fagg whose words you attached makes it clear that the only reason why Benin artworks represent the festival is because of their quantity, not quality.

Quality is always reserved for the Ife arts as you've seen above again and again in the words of scholars.

In fact, despite your deceptive attempt to trim it out, it is still very obvious that your attachment (your own attachment) says the following:

"Fagg emphasised that the kingship of Benin and Benin bronze casting was imported from Ile-Ife"

Source: Your own attachment
. See a closer shot attached for a reminder. grin cheesy

(2) Regarding the royal insignia of the metal scepter called Ada, Ida or Agada, I have demostrated yesterday beyond a shadow of sane doubt that this royal scepter was first disseminated around Yorubaland (and to Benin Kingdom) from Ile-Ife.

We see a similar picture of this Ada (a more antique Ada actually) not only in connection with Oba Okunade Sijuwade (see: 2nd attachment), but also with his predecessor, Oba Adesoji Aderemi (see: 1st attachment), and with their successor --- the reigning Ooni --- Oba Adeyeye E. Ogunwusi (see: 3rd attachment).

Refer to the full comment at the link below to remind you of how you and your brother were flogged beyond recognition yesterday when you brought this up:

https://www.nairaland.com/5761595/benin-kingdom-edo-state-remained/45#88739883

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]Aged one where are you putting your corpse. I thought the aged people don't brag and lie like you. Aged one go to old people's forum cheesy[/s]

Hahahahaha!

Okay, let's strike a deal, if you tell me your Yoruba name, your Italian name, and your favorite Yoruba god, then I will stop exposing Benin Kingdom.

Deal?? cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Hahahahaha!

Okay, let's strike a deal, if you tell me your Yoruba name, your Italian name, and your favorite Yoruba god, then I will stop exposing Benin Kingdom.

Deal?? cheesy grin

Aged one where are the millions you make in a month when your fellow slaves are dying and turning into 1 million boys. Come to think of it, it would be great if you could sponsor those 1 million boys to kwara to retrieve it from your slave masters grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

Aged one where are the millions you make in a month when your fellow slaves are dying and turning into 1 million boys. Come to think of it, it would be great if you could sponsor those 1 million boys to kwara to retrieve it from your slave masters grin

Or sponsor them to lay siege on "the Benin-Italy trade route" in search of fleeing worshippers of Yoruba gods?? wink

What do you think little boy?? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Or to direct them to lay siege on "the Benin-Italy trade route" in search of fleeing worshippers of Yoruba gods?? wink

Aged one where are you putting your corpse. I thought the aged people don't brag and lie like you. Aged one go to old people's forum cheesy
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

This same lines again?? cheesy

Obvious your brain can't muster any novel come-back.

Very typical of ins@nely idi0tic sl0w little Benin mor0ns. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Fvck off here! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by gregyboy(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

Or to direct them to lay siege on "the Benin-Italy trade route" in search of fleeing worshippers of Yoruba gods?? wink

We sold you guys for slave.......

In the whole of africa, benin art served as presentation while showing casing African artworks

If number two options was to be considered it wont be ife art, ife art is too ugly and scary. How would 98% artwork artwork from the ife people only represent head

Ife art looks so disgusting no wonder you guys are head slammers, youruba artworks depict that fact with no argument,
Thseame reason you guys are so eager to rewrite history saying our oba heads were buried in ife,

I guess after defeating the yorubas rebellious kings we cut off thier head and send it to benin....

Nevertheless am still waiting for a document of benin ife relationship from you

Again i want to see the artworks you say is older than the benin artwork
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

This same lines again?? cheesy

Obvious your brain can't muster any novel come-back.

Very typical of ins@nely idi0tic sl0w little Benin mor0ns. grin cheesy grin cheesy

Fvck off here! cheesy

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]We sold you guys for slave.......

In the whole of africa, benin art served as presentation while showing casing African artworks

If number two options was to be considered it wont be ife art, ife art is too ugly and scary. How would 98% artwork artwork from the ife people only represent head

Ife art looks so disgusting no wonder you guys are head slammers, youruba artworks depict that fact with no argument,
Thseame reason you guys are so eager to rewrite history saying our oba heads were buried in ife,

I guess after defeating the yorubas rebellious kings we cut off thier head and send it to benin....

Nevertheless am still waiting for a document of benin ife relationship from you[/s]

Evidence for your pain-induced rants, or shhhhh! grin grin

From the tone of your rants here, it appears like you were seriously crying as you type. tongue tongue

Reminds me of what I did to your brother yesterday.

Anyways, refer to the link below for your refutation:
https://www.nairaland.com/5802327/name-benin-not-gotten-ife/3#88770766

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

He obviously can't muster an intelligent come-back.

#TeamBeninFuelExhausted grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
TAO12:

He obviously can't muster an intelligent come-bank.

#TeamBeninFuelExhausted grin grin grin

Aged one where are you putting your corpse. I thought the aged people don't brag and lie like you. Aged one go to old people's forum grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]Aged one where are you putting your corpse. I thought the aged people don't brag and lie like you. Aged one go to old people's forum grin[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=88775609][/quote]

Lol aged one has gotten tired, can't keep up grin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]Lol aged one has gotten tired, can't keep up with my stupid debunked repititionsgrin[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=88775675][/quote]

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]Lol aged one has gotten tired, can't keep up with my stupid debunked repititionsgrin[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=88775722][/quote]

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=88775722][/quote]

Aged come back, I was enjoying our conversation. Don't tell me you have died so soon? undecided
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by TAO12: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
valirex:

[s]Aged come back, I was enjoying our conversation. Don't tell me you have died so soon? undecided[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by valirex: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=88776260][/quote]

Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by Sarah20A(f): 12:26am On Apr 24, 2020
MetaPhysical:
[s][/s]

Oba is in Yorubaland. Your monarch is Omo Oba....a descendant of Oba!
is omo nor oba not omo oba

Omo nor oba =the child that shines

Omo oba =child of light

Omo =child

Oba=shine,red

Nor=that,what

Obanosa=shines like god(

Ogie nor ki so re(ogiso)=king from the sky
=is also to describe God king

Omo nor oba ne Edo = the child that shines in Edo

Oba is an abbreviation, when introducing the oba of Benin his title or his name must be called in full that's where you hear 'omo nor oba ne Edo 'uku-Apkolokpolo oba Ewuare.

Hope you now understand that the yorubas meaning of oba is different from the Benin
Re: The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri by MetaPhysical: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2020
Sarah20A:
is omo nor oba not omo oba

What is Omo in Edo language?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Men and their Foreign Wives / Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians? / Sad Photos of slavery that would bring you to tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.