Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Wives And Submission To Their Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives And Submission To Their Husband (5226 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Wife Stabs Senior Wife To Death In Ondo Over Sex Turn With Their Husband / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives And Submission To Their Husband by SEMcrunch: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Submission means the acknowledgement of a HEAD ABOVE YOU and to come

under Authority. The act of submission is like given up thy Rights or yield to the

acknowledge authority above thee.

"Submit yourselves unto your Husband"

So when God said SUBMIT yourselves he didn't say submit thyself to your Pastor

or Boss but unto thy own husband.Some women say to their husbands "If not for

the pastor's counsel to obey theeI wouldn't have done so". It then means that it is

the pastor you are submissive to and not your husband. You aren't submissive in

God's sight if you submit yourselves to everyone except thy husband. You may have

more education, smarter, work in a prestigous i work yet you must submit unto thy

Husband because by so doing she is fulfilling as obligation and enables the husband

play the leading Role.

Submission is not because you are inferior but because of Divine order and

purpose. Jesus isn't inferior to God but he submitted to him because of the

purpose of salvation. Similarly, a woman isn't any less than her husband; however

for God purposes, it is her position to submit and she must do it cheerfully as unto

the Lord.

Do you know why marriages aren't working? It's because wives are refusing to

read more https://samcrunch..com/2020/04/wives-and-submission-to-their-husband.html#more
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
True
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by SEMcrunch: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
God will help us ooh
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by donbachi(m): 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
Any woman that will not submit to her husband,go submit to her papa when e don be.

1 Like

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Biglittlelois(f): 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
Submission will never automatically happen because you married a woman, especially when the man is irresponsible and undeserving of it,

You guys always like to preach what suits you while ignoring the first part of that verse in the bible which says "husband, love your wife" then said "wife submit to your husband" after, if you want total submission from your wife, you have to love her first, completely, and wholeheartedly, when you do this, submission will happen effortlessly, that is how to achieve a happy marriage, the bible is complete.

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by rain21(f): 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2020
These topics are becoming too exhausting!

A wife should do this,a wife must do that,a mother must be this or that, qualities of a good woman and so on and so forth

Just know your preferences and priorities in a woman and settle for it
Chikena..

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by SEMcrunch: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Submission will never automatically happen because you married a woman, especially when the man is irresponsible and undeserving of it,

You guys always like to preach what suits you while ignoring the first part of that verse in the bible which says "husband, love your wife" "wife submit to your husband" if you want total submission from your wife, you have to love her first, completely, and wholeheartedly, when you do this, submission will happen effortlessly, that is how to achieve a happy marriage, the bible is complete.

this person they vex ooh

1 Like

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Biglittlelois(f): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
SEMcrunch:

this person they vex ooh

Read with a complete working brain, comprehension and assimilation, not baseless assumption.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by nautybride: 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hmmm, if you see the number of irresponsible husbands we have around now, how would women not do yanga?
All around I see women hustling, men are just trying, they are relenting because they have helps. Not all though.
If you have a man trying all his best to make the family comfortable, please hug am well and treat him with respect.
Real men are diminishing day by day, the economy also,i not helping matters.

6 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by ImaIma1(f): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2020
How many men love their wives like Christ loved the church?

They treat their wives without consideration and expect submission. The submission is not automatic. If a man loves his wife the way the Bible describes, they won't be clamouring or demanding for submission from her.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Ochiban: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have found that God acts cyclically. Something like sowing and reaping. I really dont know who starts the cycle but at some point, a husband's love towards his wife fosters her respect for him which in turn builds his love for her. Any one of them break this cycle and it doesnt work.

Being female, of course i have countless tales of husbands who take and take and do not give while preaching -SUBMIT TO ME WOMAN. I'm sure there are men with countless stories of loving husbands who get nothing but disrespect from their wives.

I have to note that the last wedding i went to - the pastor spent 30 minutes talking about submission and 8 minutes on loving a wife (i timed it because i was fed up). I guess even the pastor had no clue on how to love women

11 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Ochiban: 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Oh

By the way- you are only partially right. the reason why marriage isnt working is becase of women. You see, 100 years ago, if a woman leaves her husband, what are her options? She will lose her kids, no money. now, she has options so if a man is maltreating her, she can leave and she and her kids will have a good life.

Yes, about 75% of divorces are initiated by women who are fed up. What i do see is a sea of men scratching their head, wondering whats up and complaining about how women cant be "controlled" any more. Not wondering how they can be better men, husbands or fathers.

The research is true. when things fail, women blame themselves. men blame other people. The sin of Adam still stands - This woman you gave me..... instead of repenting and inspecting our hearts before God.

9 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by graciamore(f): 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Biglittlelois:

You guys always like to preach what suits you while ignoring the first part of that verse in the bible which says "husband, love your wife" then said "wife submit to your husband" after, if you want total submission from your wife, you have to love her first, completely, and wholeheartedly, when you do this, submission will happen effortlessly, that is how to achieve a happy marriage, the bible is complete.
chop kises dear, well said

7 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by adexpa(m): 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Pastor Mrs, everybody quoting Bible to favour their side..... don't turn Bible for us oooo...Read Ephesians 21-25... Submission comes before love. Your genuine submission provoke his love. Men naturally comes with headship ego and women can suppress that with submission, I think that is why Bible suggest wife submission first.

But I think the best is for individual to know their roles and play them accordingly without waiting for one party first. Though, this will take a dedicated and disciplined man but it will go a long way to make peace.

2 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by CHoccolaTE: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
adexpa:

Pastor Mrs, everybody quoting Bible to favour their side..... don't turn Bible for us oooo...Read Ephesians 21-25... Submission comes before love. Your genuine submission provoke his love. Men naturally comes with headship ego and women can suppress that with submission, I think that is why Bible suggest wife submission first.

But I think the best is for individual to know their roles and play them accordingly without waiting for one party first. Though, this will take a dedicated and disciplined man but it will go a long way to make peace.

This is the line men use when they want to avoid responsibility of showing good examples as leaders.

Fine the people who compiled the bible recorded submission first before love by husband but is there anywhere in the bible where God said men should not show love unless their wives show submission? Which kind of ridiculous new laws are you men creating?
Husbands are supposed to be leaders of the home so lead by example and perform your duties as instructed by God so that your family will learn from you abi is your leadership only for giving orders and barking commands at others?

By the way the bible also instructs husbands to provide for their families and calls men who fail to do so infidels but men will never focus on what is expected of them in the bible

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
adexpa:

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

That is the summary of the chapter.

Love comes before submission. If you look at the model of Christ and the Church, the Love of Christ ALWAYS came first.

In fact, the Bible says 'While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.'

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.'

9 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
SEMcrunch:
Submission means the acknowledgement of a HEAD ABOVE YOU and to come

under Authority. The act of submission is like given up thy Rights or yield to the

acknowledge authority above thee.

"Submit yourselves unto your Husband"

So when God said SUBMIT yourselves he didn't say submit thyself to your Pastor

or Boss but unto thy own husband.Some women say to their husbands "If not for

the pastor's counsel to obey theeI wouldn't have done so". It then means that it is

the pastor you are submissive to and not your husband. You aren't submissive in

God's sight if you submit yourselves to everyone except thy husband. You may have

more education, smarter, work in a prestigous i work yet you must submit unto thy

Husband because by so doing she is fulfilling as obligation and enables the husband

play the leading Role.

Submission is not because you are inferior but because of Divine order and

purpose. Jesus isn't inferior to God but he submitted to him because of the

purpose of salvation. Similarly, a woman isn't any less than her husband; however

for God purposes, it is her position to submit and she must do it cheerfully as unto

the Lord.

read more https://samcrunch..com/2020/04/wives-and-submission-to-their-husband.html#more

Can you guys just post the full article of you want people to discuss it?

@OP: What is your definition of submission and I am seeing submission to pastors etc.

Well, most people (male and female) respect their pastors.

And pastors have the quality of proferring solutions to problems in a loving way that inspires respect.

Perhaps husbands should also adopt that method? undecided

For a wholesome discussion, leave pastors out of it.

1 Like

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by adexpa(m): 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
bukatyne:

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

That is the summary of the chapter.

Love comes before submission. If you look at the model of Christ and the Church, the Love of Christ ALWAYS came first.

In fact, the Bible says 'While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.'

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.'

well-done Ma......why dont you build up your verses from 21-33.......genuine readers dont just pick a verse and start conversation.

Beside, you did not read my last sentence where i gave my own submission about how things should be done(individual should identify their roles and play them without waiting for the other first). It is well(may God not give us man/woman that will frustrate our life).
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
rain21:
These topics are becoming too exhausting!

A wife should do this,a wife must do that,a mother must be this or that, qualities of a good woman and so on and so forth

Just know your preferences and priorities in a woman and settle for it
Chikena..
Infact submission everywhere.Always looking for opportunities to suppress the women,they will not see verse against cheating and punishment for cheating ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Biglittlelois:

These men thinks submission comes easily because they see verse supporting it, you can't be a cheat and a drunkard and still want submission.no way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by adexpa(m): 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

This is the line men use when they want to avoid responsibility of showing good examples as leaders.

Fine the people who compiled the bible recorded submission first before love by husband but is there anywhere in the bible where God said men should not show love unless their wives show submission? Which kind of ridiculous new laws are you men creating?
Husbands are supposed to be leaders of the home so lead by example and perform your duties as instructed by God so that your family will learn from you abi is your leadership only for giving orders and barking commands at others?

By the way the bible also instructs husbands to provide for their families and calls men who fail to do so infidels but men will never focus on what is expected of them in the bible

lol.....e ku ise ma(well-done)
There were reasons that made those that did the compilations to follow the hierarchical order and it is wisdom to follow the order in our interpretations. All of us are just trying to be human by looking for the side that favours us, if you check my last paragraph you will see my submission. no need flexing our pastoral talents here. ( May God give us man/woman that will understand us n not frustrate us in life.......no rules to successful home).
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
adexpa:

well-done Ma......why dont you build up your verses from 21-33.......genuine readers dont just pick a verse and start conversation.

Beside, you did not read my last sentence where i gave my own submission about how things should be done(individual should identify their roles and play them without waiting for the other first). It is well(may God not give us man/woman that will frustrate our life).

@bold:

I did the same thing you did.

Besides, no verse of the Bible is in isolation.

4 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rozz:
These men thinks submission comes easily because they see verse supporting it, you can't be a cheat and a drunkard and still want submission.no way

Why would you marry a cheat and a drunkard?

And if he was perfect before you got married, what did you do to turn him to a cheat and drunkard?

1 Like

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
I find there is a shortage of men talking to men.

We women talk to ourselves, you guys talk to yourself to be better husbands.

2 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
bukatyne:

And if he was perfect before you got married, what did you do to turn him to a cheat and drunkard?
i am not married ma,just trying to point out that there are reasons why some women find it hard to submit to their husbands

5 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Men and loving their wives. Sorry, that’s not important. Submission is the most important thing. If he is supplying you with stds, submit. If can’t provide for the family, still submit. If he beats you? Kindly submit. Forget about love and accountability, our reward is where? In the grave many women have entered because it is a do or die affair. Like someone above said, submission is earned not given. You can’t dishonor yourself as a man and still expect submission. Doesn’t work that way, for both genders. Give what you demand.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by fuzzywuzzy: 12:02am On Apr 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Abeg this woman no take laugh wound me grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by adexpa(m): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

I did the same thing you did.

Besides, no verse of the Bible is in isolation.

Ok ooo, but I never mentioned a single verse, check my post Eph 5(21-25 n 21-33).

Enjoy your bed time madam.
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 1:19am On Apr 25, 2020
Rozz:
i am not married ma ,just trying to point out that there are reasons why some women find it hard to submit to their husbands

Rozz, that's just perfect @ bold.

I have an assignment for you grin

Now you know you need to submit to your husband (forget the 'Nigerian' description of it), list all the qualities you NEED in a man that would make you naturally submit to him.

Factors that would make you naturally make you want to happy him happy and do not compromised on them.

Notice that I put 'need' in caps?

Because sometimes, what you want is not what you need or doesn't have the ability to sustain you for the long haul.

Forget about marrying a drunkard or cheat. Think good wholesome things and you will get the grace to attain them.

I would like to see the qualities....

If you are willing to share. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by bukatyne(f): 1:20am On Apr 25, 2020
adexpa:

Ok ooo, but I never mentioned a single verse, check my post Eph 5(21-25 n 21-33).

Enjoy your bed time madam.

Same at you.
Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Pavore9: 3:55am On Apr 25, 2020
Be it love or submission, spouses have an obligation to earn and sustain it and must do away with the irrational thought of "I don't have to behave right, that even in my being irresponsible before God and man, it is my right".

3 Likes

Re: Wives And Submission To Their Husband by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Rozz, that's just perfect @ bold.

I have an assignment for you grin

Now you know you need to submit to your husband (forget the 'Nigerian' description of it), list all the qualities you NEED in a man that would make you naturally submit to him.

Factors that would make you naturally make you want to happy him happy and do not compromised on them.

Notice that I put 'need' in caps?

Because sometimes, what you want is not what you need or doesn't have the ability to sustain you for the long haul.

Forget about marrying a drunkard or cheat. Think good wholesome things and you will get the grace to attain them.

I would like to see the qualities....

If you are willing to share. cheesy
Hard work and the fear of God is what I will look out for,once a person posses these two qualities you will hardly find the person wanting in other areas.But these are qualities you can hardly find in men of these days.If I have my way,i would have love to marry very early so that before 30 I will be done having my kids but you read stories everyday about marriages that are not encouraging, even the ones you thought are having it good start telling you stories on getting closer to them,you can see comments from men here trying to justify cheating and want the women to accept it,its not fair .Just very few women are lucky and I want to be among the few ones.Thanks MA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

About To Divorce Him, Please I Need Your Advise / The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. / Are Married Men More Responsible Than Single Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.